Getting kicked from dungeons?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Pro tip, never do a dungeon with pugs unless you enter the instance first.

Problem solved.

After the new patch I’ve never joined a dungeon(Arah) w/o being the guy that enters.

Sure, it’s not a fix for those who actually do kick people. But it will atleast keep you from getting kicked.

If they kick you, they all get ported out.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Cool, thanks!

get it

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Ok got it I feel enlightened now

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I wondered what I was doing wrong all this time, I couldn’t figure out why I was getting kicked when I went afk at lupicus. This does indeed seem like a good solution.

Thanks OP!

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Ohh what was that one guys name, Alpha something, always insisted on creating the instance and being leader. Funny story, good times were had by all…. Boy he and the OP should get together and give everyone involved a nice little reality check on why this can lead to more problems than it solves

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

Problem solved.

After the new patch I’ve never joined a dungeon(Arah) w/o being the guy that enters.

Sure, it’s not a fix for those who actually do kick people. But it will atleast keep you from getting kicked.

Let’s make this thread so popular that every pug reads this and we have every pug racing to enter first!

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Looks like you got kicked from arah. The pros sporting their dungeon master title in arah posting for experienced only play how they want and kick how they want. You better stick to their dungeon master pro strats.

- Range mage crusher in front of the pedestal. DO NOT try to melee… it’s too hard…. It goes up in the air and gives you 3s react to dodge. It’s better to be safe and take 3x longer and not learn how to fight an easy boss

- Pull alphard back to the wall and range it. DO NOT try to melee it.. it’s too hard… It has ranged attacks that all can be rendered useless by projectile destruction/reflection. It’s better to be safe and take 3x longer and not learn how to fight an easy boss

- You don’t know cool ship skip…. OMG!! Use it. Stability and swiftness skills… there’s too many skills I have unlocked to know what does what to know what to bring to run. Let’s just jump ship for as long as it will take a good speed clear group to finish the whole path so we can wait for everyone that can’t jump to make it to the boss instead of learning the timing on deadeye shot to dodge it and use stability if needed.

- This lupi guy… He is so big and scary so range must be best. It’s better to be safe and take 5x longer. It’s not like you will wipe anyway doing that. All those bubbles… why is this happening…. A grub spawned… why is this happening…

- This SIMIN.. OMG OP!!! plz nerf. I want to play how I want and I can’t beat it. Nerfed. Ok no strategy now just press 1 to win. Thanks for the fix!

- Path 1… nah too tough

- Bring a clerics rifle, shortbow, staff, or pistol/dagger and you will have a better chance of staying alive to res any noob zerkers that may be in the group. You are the last one standing you must be awesome and won’t get kicked.

Seriously though I don’t get why there’s so many of these topics. I have pugged so much and I got kicked 1 time because I lagged out and my internet was out for about 5min. I’ve only seen people in groups I’ve been in get kicked for that reason or they were told many times to stop doing something that truely screws the group over and won’t listen.

(edited by obal.3218)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Every situation you’ve described obal can be melee’d using very similiar “tactics”.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

Today i got kicked from CoF twice. It happened during the invasion event on fireheart rise, i kept guesting in 2 servers until i finally managed to get to an overflow where people were doing the event to open the gates. When the event ended someone invited me and when we entered the dungeon i got kicked ¬¬
Luckly i was able to find that overflow again.

Before that i joined a group on gw2lfg and the leader left the dungeon making us get kicked too. I don’t know if people are doing this just to troll everyone or if there is a new kind of scam.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Problem solved.

The key to not getting kicked from dungeons is to stop being a bad player. You also need a good internet connection.

So in essence, people kick leechers, which is fine.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

haviz.1340

The key to not getting kicked from dungeons is to stop being a bad player. You also need a good internet connection.

So in essence, people kick leechers, which is fine.

If by some accident I decide to pug, I can easily get kicked for doing things incomprehensible to pugs.

Posted by: Alex.9106

Alex.9106

Yeah, killing hunter before crusher is incomprehensible for most pugs, i guess im a noob who should take a range weapon

haviz.1340

When pug wipes, it’s always the fault of the guy who was doing something different, like meleeing.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

When pug wipes, it’s always the fault of the guy who was doing something different, like meleeing.

Once i joined a pug group who already were at lupicus. I just went in meleeing straight ahead of them and they were freaking out. By phase 2, almost all of them had died or were downed and 1 guy was complaining how i would never try to revive people(reviving people in p2 in range/aoe phase is suicide) and such, but then i ended up completely finishing up p2 and p3 by myself. Needless to say they were shocked.

That’s pretty much the only reason why i ever pug anymore. Can’t pug FotM 48 anymore, because you can’t carry a whole team by yourself on kitten like dredge/cliffside fractal so well though.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I remember when it was my fault when the pvt ranger with over 7k ap died at lupi because I was meleeing lupi…

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

If all 5 players are pug (no one from same guild), I find you only get kicked when you play bad.

If a portion of players come from the same guild (meaning some of them know each other), try not to talk and just play along. I have seen people getting kicked by conversations they don’t like but not by skills.

Try not to pug with people from your server, especially from some known guilds (unless you know the players). This is left for you to figure out why XD. Things can get complicating.

And yeah don’t play different even if the others don’t play the way people usually do.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I have been in runs where the host would up and quit the dungeon, booting everyone out. If the trolls are dedicated enough, they will sacrifice their own reward just to make you mad.

It’s bad design on Anets part.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I remember when it was my fault when the pvt ranger with over 7k ap died at lupi because I was meleeing lupi…

One time everyone else in my team wiped at phase 1… because I was meleeing it. They told me it got really confusing because of me.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Spiky Muffin.9180

Spiky Muffin.9180

I can only confirm what Haviz and Weth said. Although I don’t pug often anymore I was kicked quite a few times for things like meleeing GL.
To some extend it may even be true that you are hurting the team since (at least in my runs) there are always 1-2 people who swap to melee when they see me do it and they are usually killed very fast after getting 2-3 grubs. Seems to be a far fetched explanation though :)

[rT]
Youtube"

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

In my case they all were ranging it.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I just left a fotm 48 tonight. There were a gear checking group so I figured, ok this is probably going to be decent, they’re all organized and aren’t taking any leeches… Little did I know, the guy who was gear checking was in a full magic find set, along with his guildmate, and the other two who had joined before me were in full PVT. We got moss man done painfully slow ( they wanted to range it).. then on the ice fractal they wiped 4 times on the ice elemental.. I kept ressing them but they just kept dieing.. -_- Then cliffside hit.. I don’t think I have ever seen a team fail on the kittening leg seal but they somehow managed. I saw the luck sigils so I asked why and they guy’s excuse was ‘Well Anet isn’t stopping me from running MF, they really should do something about it.. oh well.’ And then he pinged his full traveler set. At that point I facepalmed, apologized for wasting their time, (even though they really just wasted mine, I decided to be polite) and left. Couple mins later I get a host of whispers about how I’m a selfish elitist, and that they are blocking me. Well good because I just realized I forgot to block them so I never have the carry them again. Being the only one in zerker gear, I was the last one alive every time they wiped, go figure.. Yeh I didn’t get kicked but tbh I wish they had kicked me asap so I didn’t have to waste my kitten time. It was one of those times where I wish I could have kicked the magic finder and his buddy but couldn’t because I was outnumbered by poor players.

Lesson of the night- Open the instance yourself. I preach it all the time but then forget to do it. Epic fail. XD

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

…..

Why didn’t you leave when you saw 2 people using mf sets??
I’ve also had my share of MF stories, I was doing fractals 20 though, and we had a guy with over 126% mf (I know that because he/she said "Why do you keep getting rares, I have 126% mf and all I got was crap, we were doing the ascalonian fractal) , run was actually quite smooth, we wiped once or twice, except at maw, 3 people didn’t have ar and kept dying a lot, until eventually 3 people decided to quit (2 with no AR and 1 with AR), it was a good thing I told the 4th person to stay and I was the one who got in, since we were at maw it was like a free 20 daily, so we found a group super fast and finished the run, one of the people who came late got a fractal GS, lucky kitten.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

By the time I noticed it, we were already halfway though the second fractal I figured I’d try and push though but once cliffside hit I knew it was a done deal lol.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|