Ghastly Weapons only glow in the dark sometimes

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

by sometimes i should say one time since i got them. please be aware and fix that.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

the issue is that if you enter an Area where it’s already night it wont glow, you have to be in an area that’s day and then wait for it to turn to night for the weapon to take effect.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Similarly, I think they should always glow in dungeons as well as glow regardless of how you got into a night-time environment. More often than not, you’re not experiencing the cool-factor of the weapons just because the conditions to make them glow are too specific and limiting.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Saturn L O L.1406

Saturn L O L.1406

+1 for all things said here

fony.5102

the issue is that if you enter an Area where it’s already night it wont glow, you have to be in an area that’s day and then wait for it to turn to night for the weapon to take effect.

it glew when i map traveled to diessa from lion’s arch. has never done it since even when i have been in one zone for the day to night transition. there’s something that needs fixing in here and there’s no workaround. i have custom soundtracks for night time which play perfectly on time all the time, these items should be linked to the day/night cycle just as the in game music is.

so Anet, please be aware and fix this.

(edited by fony.5102)

Posted by: Hughs.6549

Hughs.6549

Thank god someone posted that. Can you please just make Ghastly weapons glow constantly (even if only at night) ?

Shortbow : Glows A LITTLE once every X seconds. I bought it and i feel scammed.
Daggers : They don’t even glow

+ add particles in preview so we know what we’re buying at least.

Please fix it ? make it better for god’s sake skins are the only “end things” we can enjoy so please do it properly… (no offense)

Posted by: Windklinge.4076

Windklinge.4076

they are bugged to a degree currently this has been spotted by anet already according to an older thread here :/ cant find it atm found it through a google search…

the scripts on the weapons are unable to detect if it is night when you enter a zone. they are only able to detect a transtition between day and night it seems.

since most dungeons dont even have a night and day cycle the glow will only seen very very rarely. this was not a well tought out design outcome it seems like many things currently in gw2.

i would suggest changing thier mechanics entirely. so they start to glow whenever you enter a combat stance. this would make more sense actually since you can draw your weapon everywhere to see the glowing. the blue smoke effect only appears when you are in a combat stance no matter what time it is anyway.
i could live with the weapon always beeing normal when on my back.

sad to say atleast is that a fix soon for these is highly unlikely since its merely an optical issue and i doubt that these issues have a high priority currently compared to all the other bugs and issues that really harm gameplay.

Posted by: Shifted.6912

Shifted.6912

so they start to glow whenever you enter a combat stance.

“The force is strong in this one.”
<Lightsaber activation sound>

fony.5102

as far as combat stance, that is how they already function for the full blue etheral actual glow effect. when sheathed, they just turn blue and have the skulls and such, when you draw them you get the full particle effect. i just want mine to be blue at night all the time.

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

Think they should just glow period, day or night. Cuz the skins are pretty ugly without the glow.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

To be fair, I use it more for the daytime look.

But it would be nice if they fixed it up.

Attachments:

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

Posted by: Windklinge.4076

Windklinge.4076

XD to be fair they are not really glowing like lightsabers XD

if they fix it to only glow at night i am fine with it aslong as the instance share the day/night cycle. otherwise its pretty lame because you wont ever seen them glow in dungeons which is just plain sad :/ that was the main reason for my suggestion…

fony.5102

Posted by: Beko.4381

Beko.4381

I’ve noticed that if you unequip and then equip the weapon, it works …

fony.5102

I’ve noticed that if you unequip and then equip the weapon, it works …

they were fixed a long time ago.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Please refrain from necroing threads.
The discussion on this thread has run its course, hence we are closing it.
Thanks