Gigantic lupicus is too challenging

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Conner.8713

Conner.8713

I’ve toyed to play Arah, but every time I come to lupicus, my team gets wiped, and decides to leave. The simple way to fix this, is fixing the aoe attack, that’s does in phase 2. The aoe does simple not hit where the red circles show. It’s so frustrating, when you really want Arah gear.
Please make the developers see this.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

My team also often wipes.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

My team also often wipes.

That’s just cruel!

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Is this a joke thread? If you want Arah gear work for it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Gigantic Lupicus is exactly the right kind of challenging.

If you don’t know what you’re doing he will wipe the floor with your party, and even if you know what you’re doing he remains a tough, but not impossible, adversary.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

After doing all 4 paths for dungeon master, it’s not as bad as you think. Your team needs to stay co-ordinated, but that’s about it. It’s a nice challenge.

However, I do agree about the red circles in the phase 2 burst. I have often been hit when there is not a circle in sight, and he has not done any animations to throw a projectile at me. It’s simply poor notification on the part of the circles. It needs to be a little clearer. Other than that, the fight is just fine.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Strontius.6478

Strontius.6478

Please don’t nerf Giganticus. My dungeon group enjoys the challenge, and in fact we’d like to see even more difficult content in the future.

The only change I’d be okay with is to make the red circles bigger in phase 2 because right now they’re deceptively small and you can still get hit even though you’re not standing in them.

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

its a L2P theme not a lupy is OP.
the red circles are the spots where the aoe projectiles will bounce off not where they will land & disapear. They also hit whatever is in their path. If you want arah gear, work for it but the first thing is to learn boss mechanics.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Giganticus is the only thing that can be considered challenging in Arah (except Simin, but that’s another story).

If you want to beat it you have to train. Even if your team keeps dying, as long as one player is able to survive, the fight can go on while the others run back.
So if you don’t want your PuG to leave, practice surviving.

If I’m not mistaken, the AoE attack bounces around before hitting the red circles, thus why you get hit by it. But really, you have enough time to run away from those circles, and maybe use a dodge if you really took your time, to evade that attack.

haviz.1340

If you want to beat it you have to train. Even if your team keeps dying, as long as one player is able to survive, the fight can go on while the others run back.So if you don’t want your PuG to leave, practice surviving.

Good luck with that when new patch comes live ;p

RedStar.4218

That’s why I tell players wanting to try Arah to go now, while they can resurrect in a fight.

Anyway, it wouldn’t surprise me if Giganticus is modified to make it easier for new players.
But, if I have one advice : fight Giganticus along the walls. That way, when you die, another team member can resurrect you while the others keep him busy at the other end of the room.

Posted by: Koga.7215

Koga.7215

That’s why I tell players wanting to try Arah to go now, while they can resurrect in a fight.

Anyway, it wouldn’t surprise me if Giganticus is modified to make it easier for new players.
But, if I have one advice : fight Giganticus along the walls. That way, when you die, another team member can resurrect you while the others keep him busy at the other end of the room.

i have taken GL countless times when not a single person in the group fully dies, and many times where not a single person goes into downed state. He does not need to be changed due to the no more releasing to the WP while people are in combat.

Given that he is so easy to reset (run back out the door) if it is going bad, it there is no reason the hole group must wipe.

To be honest, they need to bring one boss up to this level of difficulty in each exploratory path starting with SE and TA should have 1 that’s almost like this to get people ready.

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

Lupi is hard for little asura guardian trying to solo him #cry*#*
Bah.. there are many amazing guides on youtube, for a party of decent players it cannot be problem to take him down. Put some effort into it, this is not Sims or Farmville

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

we faught him the other day, he seems nerfed. We used to fight him and he would give us a work out, now he’s just kind of a wimp. I was actually sad to see how easy he’d gotten, and this was 3 days ago, and this is not sarcasm.

Posted by: MuffinOrama.7531

MuffinOrama.7531

we faught him the other day, he seems nerfed. We used to fight him and he would give us a work out, now he’s just kind of a wimp. I was actually sad to see how easy he’d gotten, and this was 3 days ago, and this is not sarcasm.

No, Lupi has not been nerfed; you guys have just gotten better. Gear and skill make Lupicus seem like an entirely different fight; when I was grinding for my Arah set three weeks ago the outcome of the battle depended heavily on my team.

If we were all skilled (newbies or none) and had only one or two HIGHLY skilled glass cannons, Lupicus went down extremely quickly and nobody even came close to being downed.
On the other hand, if my team sucked or we had too many glass cannons that weren’t good enough to warrant the gear he would wipe the entire party within the first two minutes. There are just so many subtle things to know when you fight Lupi, like saving some sort of dodge for his AoE (because those circles lie) and not bumrushing downed people to try to rez which usually results in you both dying. Lupi can either be an entertaining diversion or a wall of immense power.

Basically, to whiners, if you can’t beat Lupi regear or L2P. Seriously, beyond your first two kills you will never have trouble with him again. Best-balanced fight in GW2, easy. Unless CoF path 1 is your idea of a good challenge.

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

my spider sense tell me this is a troll thread.

Posted by: lOKI.8152

lOKI.8152

Save Lupi. Dont let him fall victim to the nerfbat clubbing.

Lvl 80s: Thief, Necro, Engi, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger

“War does not determine who is right – only who is left.”

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Let’s separate the two issues here:

1. Lupius doesn’t need a nerf. He’s challenging but fair once you know his mechanics.

2. However, some of his mechanics need ironing out. The AoE absolutely needs to hit inside the red circles, not outside. His auto-attack needs some limit and a more obvious animation. He also should reset constantly etc.

Asking for mechanics to be ironed out is perfectly acceptable.

Asking for straight up nerfs is not.

haviz.1340

2. However, some of his mechanics need ironing out. The AoE absolutely needs to hit inside the red circles, not outside. His auto-attack needs some limit and a more obvious animation. He also should reset constantly etc.

His auto-attack (if you mean single projectile) is perfectly fine. If someone has issue with that, than I challenge him to dodge simin’s petrify move ;p

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

His auto-attack (if you mean single projectile) is perfectly fine. If someone has issue with that, than I challenge him to dodge simin’s petrify move ;p

Is it even possible without reckless dodge or similar dodge traits?

haviz.1340

Is it even possible without reckless dodge or similar dodge traits?

I’m not talking about dodging when deadeye’s stare wears out, but dodging when he uses it in the first place.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I got my gear before the waypoint nerf GL newbies! Lol.

I’ve noticed only 2 powers in GW2 that don’t fit inside the circles. Those are the exploding earth circles in COE and Lupi spit (which seems to enter the circles at an angle, so clipping players’ heads before landing.

Perhaps this can be cured by changing the parabolic curve the spit takes so that it goes out and THEN comes down into the circles.

The exploding earth circles in CoE can be solved by simply making the indicator circle bigger (overlapping ones are still insane because you are supposed to be able to stand in the centre and can’t).

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

As someone above mentioned, red circles need to be fixed!

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

I’ve toyed to play Arah, but every time I come to lupicus, my team gets wiped, and decides to leave. The simple way to fix this, is fixing the aoe attack, that’s does in phase 2. The aoe does simple not hit where the red circles show. It’s so frustrating, when you really want Arah gear.

When you say “your team” do you mean guildmates you know and run content with or do you mean just people who dont know how to do Lupicus but there are in your group?

I love the Lupicus event and wish GW2 had more that were as entertaining. Its not faceroll easy or just a matter of burning thru a ton of HP. You actually have to move and think.

The thing I found about Lupicus is once you’ve done it a few times and understand the fight its not too bad and its a lot of fun. I’ve also found that a decent tank who knows what he’s doing can make this fight much easier. Most tanks don’t.

Kumakichi.2583

…. i actually love this fight. i’m working on a second arah set for my mesmer

I’m still contemplating this. I love Arah but the light armor set looks so aweful. I know its a bit of a status symbol showing you did Arah a lot but I dunno….. I might go for Bifrost someday so I should at least farm up the gift from arah.

RedStar.4218

i have taken GL countless times when not a single person in the group fully dies, and many times where not a single person goes into downed state. He does not need to be changed due to the no more releasing to the WP while people are in combat.

I mentioned changes to Giganticus because it’s been hinted that certain encounters would be modified due to this update, and I seem to remember that Giganticus was mentioned in there. I could be wrong of course.

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

If you want to see how easy arah can be then leave a post here for an easy 60 tokens.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Arah-Vet-here-to-help-you-with-Arah-runs/first

The aoe isn’t bad. You can dodge outside of the circles or use invulnerable or blocking skills. I play guardian and alternate focus 5 and shield 5 after dodging once out of the red circles and rarely get hit. Bring some defensive skills and gear and stick to doing that and you shouldn’t have a problem.

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

Get 1 thief with shortbow and a mesmer

Posted by: Kaede.9314

Kaede.9314

Lupi takes practice, but once you get it down he’s easy. And Actually, the huge AoE isn’t bugged. The missles he fires out have a very irregular flight path, so often you will get hit by one in the air.

Kumakichi.2583

Lupi takes practice, but once you get it down he’s easy. And Actually, the huge AoE isn’t bugged. The missles he fires out have a very irregular flight path, so often you will get hit by one in the air.

Indeed. Its more like he’s flinging poison mason jars of happyness in your direction. The circles sort of show where they were directed originally.

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

If they nerf Lupi then i prob won’t bother finishing my Arah path 2 solo run on my Ele, been making steady progress on Lupi each time i go in. Also WTB less random resets when he goes up against the wall.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Posted by: endeavor.7530

endeavor.7530

My guild does our daily run through him; granted, he is fierce but not impossible! The biggest thing is to know when and where his phases occur and how to react appropriately. That said, always be mobile and use ranged weapons (guardians use wands and chain him in phase 2 and 3) and on top of all, stay away from other party members unless you need to resurrect someone and even then, do it with only one or two people. The biggest thing is not to fret, if people die all they need to do is just respawn and run back while the others are surviving. Like I stated above, don’t fret and take close note of his phases or stages because that’s what he’s really about.

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Main: Endeavorr

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Because what we need right now is more easy as kitten bosses, amirite? Let’s just make everything like Hotw! Loads of fun! Challenge in the form of “will I be able to stay awake for this entire run?” Brilliant.

But yeah, fix the AoEs. I’ve gotten used to it now but it really punishes the uninitiated. And I think P1 needs a revamp, now that everyone has figured out the 100% best way to pass it (stacking method) it’s just really boring now. And I don’t like the concept of the grubs punishing you for the rest of the fight either, how about make them spawn through all the phases, but the buff they apply wears off after a while? You’d have to balance not dying to lupi and not letting lupi eat grubs. It could be neat.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: Vissy.5861

Vissy.5861

Learn the fight and its easy cake.
Buy potions of undead -10% dmg taken.

haviz.1340

Because what we need right now is more easy as kitten bosses, amirite? Let’s just make everything like Hotw! Loads of fun! Challenge in the form of “will I be able to stay awake for this entire run?” Brilliant.

But yeah, fix the AoEs. I’ve gotten used to it now but it really punishes the uninitiated. And I think P1 needs a revamp, now that everyone has figured out the 100% best way to pass it (stacking method) it’s just really boring now. And I don’t like the concept of the grubs punishing you for the rest of the fight either, how about make them spawn through all the phases, but the buff they apply wears off after a while? You’d have to balance not dying to lupi and not letting lupi eat grubs. It could be neat.

Best way to pass p1 is stacking method? Since when?

To make this phase more fun, grubs should be spawned on all 5 players and grubs should start moving towards lupi after much less time.

Puandro.3245

To make this phase more fun, grubs should be spawned on all 5 players and grubs should start moving towards lupi after much less time.

and you cant dodge the grubs anymore!

haviz.1340

Big no to unavoidable attacks, try dodging simin dark pact ;P

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I’m not sure if you’re joking here but unavoidable attacks are for the most part a horrible idea. See: fractals jade maw. It doesn’t matter how good you are it’s pretty much just a wall to stop your progression.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: Tken.1986

Tken.1986

Lets see how everything is going tomorrow, shall we?

Puandro.3245

I was kidding, sarcasm is hard across the interwebs.

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

The only problem with Lupi is people don’t know how to dodge. They panic and start spamming evade then die when they are actually being attacked.

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

The circles need to be clearer imo. It’s just outlines of a circle as for now. :/

Xifix | Thief

Posted by: Sanel.5603

Sanel.5603

Lupicus is easy enough, no need for nerf tbh. I think he is one of rare bosses that u CANT exploit or bug.

Advise about AoE from Lupicus.

Boss cast aoe that move from him to last aoe circle on ground, if you are on way of that u will get hit. Try to stand at max range behind or from sides of circle, never in front of one.

Cheers

Posted by: figjam.5296

figjam.5296

I had bad time Lupicus before, but now, It’s very easy.You just need to move/dodge red circles.

Phase 1 – stack together
Phase 2 – Just dodge..When you get hit or lose 50+% HP, move out of the combat and run towards the wall..You’ll get full HP
Phase 3 – Easy and simple…Don’t go near when you see big red circle.

The evil never ends. Just evolves.
Dungeon Master
Been there. Done that.

Posted by: Pritst.1469

Pritst.1469

ok i’ll answer this because it doesn’t look like anyone else has said it yet think of Lupi like a staff ele and that giant aoe in phase 2 is like meteor shower. Even after the ele has finished the cast he can than do other things while the MS is still going the attack your being hit by isn’t his aoe it’s his auto attack after his cast is over.

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

I disagree. It’s one of the only well designed bosses. Also, Arah is supposed to be one of the hardest dungeons so just learn to fight him!

Warrior shield makes the barrage attack a joke. Mesmer feedback on Lupicus is very strong as well. And there are many more ways to deal with that attack.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

Posted by: Omniwar.4985

Omniwar.4985

Ah well here goes.

Phase 1 is real easy, shouldnt need explanations apart from kill the worm fast.

Phase 2, always be on the move, when you see the first set of red circles on the ground, change your direction asap, and then change the direction again to run out of the seccond wave of red circles. Try to be anywere but between the red circle and the boss because the projectiles can hit you if in their path before they hit the ground. Its like this, circle the boss moving to the right, then when you see the first circle run towards the boss and about a second or half later run to the left, you will successfully have run out of both projectiles paths without ever needing to dodge, because the game predicts where you will be when the projectile hits and it does so by calculating your movement, so trick it. This gives you all the dodges you will ever need in case of emergency, which really shouldnt be often once you learn this trick.

Same applies to dealing with his single projectile, the one that gives no ground warning, dont have to dodge it, just change direction when you see him cast it and it wont ever hit you.

Phase 3, just keep doing what you have been doing and reap the rewards and finally boast to the other 4 people in the group about how awsome you are for not even being hit the whole fight.

Game really is ultra easy, just give yourself a breather to watch and analyze the encounters, if you are one of those people that cant do that while in full action combat then take few minutes and watch a video on youtube.

Now go and use this knowladge and be awsome

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

Omniwar got pretty much everything covered.

General tips:
→don’t trust red circles. the aoe is a bit larger than the marked area
→even if you thought you dodge all the aoe stay focused because the ranged attack can get you blindsided
→necros, on phase 1 just attack lupicus so you won’t trigger the minor trait to spawn minion (avoiding the possibility of grub spawning near the boss)

Phase 3 can be a bit harder if lupicus decides to lock targets, leaving 4 teammates free to do as they please and a poor soul that will be hunted to death.
To that poor soul:
Pay close attention to the moment lupicus “phases out” and move out of the way. Either have swiftness to run fast enough or dodge to prevent knockdown followed by auto-attack. Maintain a safe distance to conserve stamina, you’ll probably need it to avoid other attacks.
You can dodge to leave the restraining field that he usually creates before using the deadly close-ranged aoe attack. (don’t know if it’s an exploit, but it sure helps to not get instant down).

Posted by: Pangie.3217

Pangie.3217

The first time I did lupi it was with a pug group and we could not get past him so we called it a night. He was just so daunting and so I thought it was the end of my legendary journey. However that next night I tried it again with the group I usually play with and we beat him on our first try and this was everyone else’s first run of Arah exp. We did path 3 every night until I had enough tokens for my gift and we always got past lupi on our first try. So that boss what was scary and made me sad when running with pugs became fun and challenging when running with my group. So I don’t think he needs nerfing, a group that works well together can easily beat him.

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

Gigantic Lupicus is easy. Actually, Arah in general is easy. It’s just tedious. Also, I love Gigantic Lupicus.