Giganticus Lupicus

Giganticus Lupicus

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Cheechglg.8734

Cheechglg.8734

this boss is WAY to Op, second stage if not spot on can wipe group in first AoE, to high damage, need to keep range an go to far and boss resets, as he has done 4 or 5 times in last hour an half wasted attempting him an he’s on all 4 paths of arah, needs a nerf big time. fair play to those who managed get full set of arah gear but untill this boss is drastically change dont think ill get 1 peice an alot of other ppl also

Infraction points INC!
[FLEE] Gandara [PUK]

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I’d tell you how to complete this but there’s video guides on Youtube. Get’s easier more times you do it and get used to it. Good luck on your runs.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

And then to think poor old Lupicus was already nerfed. I wonder how all those people managed to kill this “impossible” guy before that and get the armor.

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: KerriganGR.2736

KerriganGR.2736

Funny that you mentioned this, me and 2 friends did this dungeon today for the first time (not in voice chat).We had 2 randoms and only took 2 tries and about 20-25 min. Only thing I did was to watch a couple of youtube guides and make sure everyone in my party watched at least a 17 min video before we go in( I actually watched the whole dungeon before going in which was 59 min to have a vague idea what to expect). If you took so long is because all of you were totally unprepared. I am a nab in that dungeon as i only did it today for the first time, but found that boss the most well thought awesome boss in game. Please more bosses like that!

P.S. Leave at least 1 dungeon in this game be challenging, you can’t expect the whole content to be suited to your liking. You can get the same stats from COE or COF that are way too easier. Just go there…

(edited by KerriganGR.2736)

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Akacia.1583

Akacia.1583

Question? Did they remove the waypoint at the Tar boss? I know people used to drag Lupicus back there and zerg him, however that is one seriously long kitten run back.

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Question? Did they remove the waypoint at the Tar boss? I know people used to drag Lupicus back there and zerg him, however that is one seriously long kitten run back.

its not removed as far as I know. It just never existed (in jotun that is)
exists in mursaat still. Exists in the other paths too, but the door wont open.

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

…Normally try to help people when they bring this topic up… but the original poster didn’t:
1> Use search first to find all the other threads dedicated to it.
2> didn’t even Scroll back a page or 2 and see any threads about teams/tactics for it
3> Proper grammar? Yeah it helps when you’re trying to convince other people.
4> didn’t ask for help
5> thinks a piece of armor is more important than learning exactly what happens in this encounter.

That’s a Shame

(edited by ilr.9675)

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Well, Lupi tells you when he’s going to switch phases at least 2 seconds before he does so by becomming invulnerable. That’s more than enough time to spread out, locate the last grub and either kill or at least severely damage it before he lands his charge.

Sry, if your reflexes are too slow to avoid the pathetic first charge, you are way below the average and therefor most definitively not meant to beat Lupi wihtout a lot of training.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Tutty.3024

Tutty.3024

This boss IS hard, in fact, I would compare him to one of the most hardest bosses I HAVE experienced in game and as far as I am aware, that is 99% of them.

This boss is do-able, however, there are obvious glitches that should not be there. A closer WP would be useful to be honest. I understand the reason for removing the other, glitching is not acceptable. Surely putting one closer that is ‘out of the way’ from glitching though isn’t that hard?

I wouldn’t hate this boss anywhere near as much as I do if it weren’t for the random resets. Before you trolls jump on in and say that ‘keeping it doted’ or ‘being in it’s range’ or ‘being more than 100 people within 2 milimetres whilst nuking and tanking and bubbling blablabla’ I have been there, done that and got the t-shirt. Regardless, this boss still randomly resets. I don’t understand why this boss isn’t just set to ‘reset on exit of arena’? I mean, it’s not like we can sit back and rest whilst he doesn’t reset in the arena? He’s on your all the time as it is….

Anyway -

In my opinion, this boss is hard, but not impossible. Working together and communicating is the key. Finding a pug that does that is a bit of a joke and having to wait for the same group all the time to be able to do the dungeon whilst hoping the entrance isn’t bugged, which it is most of the time, is a completely different post. But, the removal of certain bugs would be nice.

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

And then to think poor old Lupicus was already nerfed. I wonder how all those people managed to kill this “impossible” guy before that and get the armor.

I’m curious, when and how was he nerfed?

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

I’m curious, when and how was he nerfed?

My guild has experienced this in our runs, it seems he has a smaller HP pool after the last dungeon update, I think two weeks ago? His mechanics remain the same.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

Giganticus Lupicus

nachtnebel.9168

I also think his HP were lowered, or the community just got better gear.

@Tutty
In my book, Lupi is way easier than Simin.

Giganticus Lupicus

Furienify.5738

Now that you mention it, I do remember an Arah nerf. Early on, the two abominations outside his door were champions instead of elites. They may have touched him in the same patch – that was back when patch note procedures in general were still being worked out – but I haven’t noticed anything different of late.

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

It is awfully short when people stay alive.

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Pritst.1469

Pritst.1469

Lupi hasn’t been nerfed in a while i remember a nerf when the abom’s were nerfed his damage was also slightly nerfed. this boss is honestly amazing and one of the only reason’s i do arah anymore is becasue i enjoy tanking lupi a good player spec’ed for def and solo tank lupi all day.

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Lupi is fine, its one of the few bosses in the game that present any challenge.

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

Boss is totally fine, have absolutely no problems downing him. Me and my friend do it regularly with 3 pubs in the group, we prefer experience but often one-shot it even with players new to the encounter.

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Soulcheg.5048

Soulcheg.5048

No it’s not fine. No closer wp, dozens of boring encounters with fat mobs with billions hp, and so on, and after that i got a 5-6 red circles around me, then he auto-atacked me, with his lupin strike, or somewhat alike, and then he charged into me, spitting more red circles. How many dodges i should have? Like 200? He’s hitting me for 10-12k, twice in a second. I’m not a masochist, and i don’t like self-torments. Bosses must be challenging, but not frustrating.

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

Lupicus is not OP. Ive done him 30+ times already and with different set ups, players. And he becomes even easyer more times you run him.

Learn him, use proper build and gear.

If I can kill him, my friends can kill him, tons of pugs can kill him that gives you one conclusion. Those who cant kill him are just bad and need to get better.

Simple

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Einhanjar.3687

Einhanjar.3687

hes easy watch videos, and use your brain. Pro Tip use double dodge left and right when he throws his bazzilion circles. use your utilities like break stun and tele or swiftness and all powerful stability.

Giganticus Lupicus

nachtnebel.9168

No it’s not fine. No closer wp, dozens of boring encounters with fat mobs with billions hp, and so on, and after that i got a 5-6 red circles around me, then he auto-atacked me, with his lupin strike, or somewhat alike, and then he charged into me, spitting more red circles. How many dodges i should have? Like 200? He’s hitting me for 10-12k, twice in a second. I’m not a masochist, and i don’t like self-torments. Bosses must be challenging, but not frustrating.

Lupi has 2 attacks you “have to” dodge:
1. His charge in phase 2
2. His single target life drain in phase 3

His other attacks can be avoided simply by moving. The single target poison bolt doesn’t target you so you don’t need to dogde, you just have to get out of the projectiles way and the poison ae spam can be avoided if you wait until he has drawn 2-3 “waves” of red circles and then simply move out of them (directly towards or away from lupi, not sideways), and if that’s not possible you only need one dodge to escape them which leaves you with enough endurance to continue dodging his charges even if you are his main target. Don’t panic and waste dodges on anything else, you don’t have to.

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Lupius is one of these bosses you really have to look at closely. Once you have understood his abilities and movement patterns he’s very doable.

There are some minor tweaks I’d like to see though.

1. Receiving damage even when outside of the red circles. This is annoying and doesn’t make sense.

2. Random and unavoidable damage he throws around at random for 11-15k damage. Is that really necessary? Do we really need that kind of damage thrown about at random?

3. Maybe 20% less HP. Phase 2 is the real crux of the fight. The others phases are rather easy and tend to drag on a little too long for my liking (especially if you have lousy ranged DPS).

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Cheechglg.8734

Cheechglg.8734

read most the replies, Ilr was my post unreadable? no, perfectly readable, and at 3 am i dont fancy searching through a load of forums to find a thread that might not actually exist, or be in page 49 where no 1 will ever read as its old new’s. why the need to watch load of video’s when a 2 min explination of tactics/phases is fine, done this boss a couple times before, taken a few attempts each time, but the dmg from his AoE’s is rediculouse, 1 shot an im downed an hit by second 1 shortly after an dead, main thing that cheesed me off was the resetting, someone said that they should set it so he resets if all members of group leave the area that he’s in, thats spot on

Infraction points INC!
[FLEE] Gandara [PUK]

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

- Get better gear
- Make sure you and your team know the strategy to beating him
- Communicate
- Change utilities and traits

Even though it may seem harsh, I’m trying to say “L2P” :/

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro

Giganticus Lupicus

Soulcheg.5048

Lupi has 2 attacks you “have to” dodge:
1. His charge in phase 2
2. His single target life drain in phase 3

His other attacks can be avoided simply by moving. The single target poison bolt doesn’t target you so you don’t need to dogde, you just have to get out of the projectiles way and the poison ae spam can be avoided if you wait until he has drawn 2-3 “waves” of red circles and then simply move out of them (directly towards or away from lupi, not sideways), and if that’s not possible you only need one dodge to escape them which leaves you with enough endurance to continue dodging his charges even if you are his main target. Don’t panic and waste dodges on anything else, you don’t have to.

I have 3 of 4 Arah’s path closed. So no need in basics. And still, it’s too unpredictable. As i said – he start to spam AoE, i dogde from the red circle, then he atack me with something like 12k, twice in a second, and i was far away from him, and not a single red circle i standing, then he charged into me, i spend my last dodge, and here you go, again red circles, right around me, 5-6 circles. So. I ask again. How many dodges i should have? I’m an ele, i can’t jump back and forth, like a butterfly.

Almost all PvE in GW is deeply boring. Dozens of terribly fat mobs, and tactics – hit all you can, dodge like crazy, run from waypoint. I’m sick of that “dodging” thing. This is an MMORPG, not some Tekken or Street Fighter game. I’ve played Aion, LA2, WHO, DAOC, SWTOR, and every one of this games has better dungeons. Even LA2, with her so-called dungeons and raid-bosses is better.

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

If i’m not in a red circle, kitten better not be hitting me, or else make those circles better fit where you get hit.

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

Waypoint distance “issue” is only an issue if you actually die during Lupicus.. which shouldnt happen in the first place, and IF it does you SHOULD have to run a long way back. Graverunning a boss is no fun.

Dozens of boring encounters doesn’t necessarily have to do with Lupicus. I agree the dungeon has way too many trashmobs but this doesn’t have anything to do with the boss.

AOE circles – Turn around and run.
He charges you? Dodge
He turns to you in phase two and waves his arm? Single target projectile is coming at you, either dodge, or use reflect or block.

It’s a really easy boss. I read forums before I encountered him so I was initially worried and though it was going to be REALLY HARD as people have hyped him up to be. But he’s not.. all it takes is some planning, skill, and execution.

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

A closer waypoint is still nicer because makes for faster wipe recovery.

When I did this boss I was usually the last one alive, which sucks for me because when he just focuses one player that person has a worse time than everyone else
at surviving.

And sucks for me cause the group couldn’t get past that fight.

Hard fights are great until you need everyone else to be able to pull it off, then it’s just frustrating.

Giganticus Lupicus

Soulcheg.5048

I just thought, that all that ANet have to do, is reduce numbers of trashmobs, and lower Lupi’s damage. Let it be, say, 6-7k, no 12k, and all be fine.

Giganticus Lupicus

ilr.9675

read most the replies, Ilr was my post unreadable? no, perfectly readable, and at 3 am i dont fancy searching through a load of forums to find a thread that might not actually exist, or be in page 49 where no 1 will ever read as its old new’s. why the need to watch load of video’s when a 2 min explination of tactics/phases is fine, done this boss a couple times before, taken a few attempts each time, but the dmg from his AoE’s is rediculouse, 1 shot an im downed an hit by second 1 shortly after an dead, main thing that cheesed me off was the resetting, someone said that they should set it so he resets if all members of group leave the area that he’s in, thats spot on

Well actually yes, it is a bit more difficult to parse what you’re saying here or specifically what’s giving you the biggest hurdle. I’m betting it’s a combination of things though, especially the non-AoE bolts that sort of home in on you (and everyone else) and makes you think the AoE just aren’t telling you how large their circumference is… no those indicators are definitely accurate and they should only 1-shot you if you’re being hit by the Non-AoE bolt at the same time. (without realizing it). …but again, it’s not clear and you’re not detailing what caused the resets either.

Giganticus Lupicus

Soulcheg.5048

http://i45.tinypic.com/20k2kgw.jpg

That’s what i’m talking about. Almost 50k damage in ONE second. That’s just stupid, just wrong.

Giganticus Lupicus

nachtnebel.9168

@Soulcheg
How much armor do you have? Cause he never hits me for more than ~10k, most of the time much less. His damage is absolutely fine unless you stand in multiple circles or you are playing a glass cannon which you shouldn’t be doing in the first place.

If you are new to Lupi you should have ~15k HP and a suitable amount of Toughness so you Vitiality is not inefficient.

Giganticus Lupicus

Soulcheg.5048

@Soulcheg
How much armor do you have? Cause he never hits me for more than ~10k, most of the time much less. His damage is absolutely fine unless you stand in multiple circles or you are playing a glass cannon which you shouldn’t be doing in the first place.

If you are new to Lupi you should have ~15k HP and a suitable amount of Toughness so you Vitiality is not inefficient.

I have 3 of 4 Arah’s path closed.

No, i’m not new to Lupi. I’m and ele in vitality/toughness/power set. You saw the screenshot? ONE second, 50k in ONE second. No matter how much toughness you have, it’s freaking ONE second.

Giganticus Lupicus

nachtnebel.9168

I currently have 1.5k Toughness and Vitality and it’s enough to not get that much damage unless I totally kitten up. And if you get hit by more than one circle you made mistake, a rather big one. Your combat log screenshot e.g. tells me that you seem to waste your dodges. As I said before, you just need to dodge Lupi’s charge and sometimes, not very often, the AoE spam so even if you are Lupis primary target you will always have at least one dodge left.

I get that taking 50k in just a second is horrible, but, as I already said, this also means that you made a mistake. And since the AoE spam is Lupi’s only real skill check in p2 I don’t think that it’s too much – the charge doesn’t really count cause it’s very easy to avoid unless you waste your dodges.

Giganticus Lupicus

Soulcheg.5048

Jesus, it’s kinda hard to argue. As i said – 5 circles around me, i can’t just run through them – so i dogde, then he charge into me – 2 dodge, then i got hit by his auto-atack, and right after that it’s 5-6 circles around me again.

I have only TWO dogdes, bro.

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

And plenty of defensive skills.

Giganticus Lupicus

nachtnebel.9168

I get that, but it still doesn’t change that facts
- 9 out of 10 times you don’t need to dodge the circles if pick the direction to run carefully
- his auto-attack can be avoided without dodging at all, you just have to move sideways and change direction as soon as the bolt flys towards you

I killed Lupi more than 30 times by now and I get that the fight is a little stressful sometimes, but you that doesn’t change that you made a mistake if you get hit by multiple circles.
If your endurance is low you can always run away from Lupi to get outside of his charge range or even leave the fight for a short moment to recover health.

I agree that it’s hard to argue if some people continue to complain about how broken some mechanics allegedly are while others have no problem with them at all. I saw 11k HP Eles survive the fight without even going down and I took him for a walk myself for the whole second phase without getting hit for more than ~10k. His attacks can be avoided if you concentrate on surviving him, use some defensive utility skills, don’t try to do damage if it’s too dangerous and, most importantly, don’t panic.

(edited by nachtnebel.9168)

Giganticus Lupicus

Soulcheg.5048

I killed it something around 10-15 times, and sometimes he didn’t hit me at all, but i, kinda, can’t understand, why there is always people, who start NO IT’S FINE line, no matter what we talking about.

Damage is too big.
Dozens of trashmobs with tons of hp is boring.
No closer wp, and you should run almost through whole map.

Bad design, in summary.

Now we can back to “no u” style of argue.

Giganticus Lupicus

nachtnebel.9168

Damage is not too big, multiple circles are supposed to oneshot you.

The rest, I agree with, trash mobs are not really fun and closer WPs would be great. I’d like to see a WP directly before each boss but at the same time all WPs should be deactivated while the boss is in combat. That way we wouldn’t have to run that far but it still would be impossible to just corpse run the boss.

And as for the style of argue: All you are saying is that you suffered a lot of damage cause you made a mistake – which standing in multiple circles clearly is, nothing to discuss here – that’s also not very helpful.

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Kain.3485

Kain.3485

we might want to implement non english speaking forums, because this guy either has had no schooling what so ever, or english is not his native language. side note it’s not that hard, ill explain it sense you don’t want to watch the 2 minute video.
phase 1:(100-75% hp)stack and range, kill grubs
phase 2:(75-40ish%) run around range him, avoid red circles, and green globs of poop he throws at you, if you die go back to waypoint and hurry back, the globs hit for 15k so make sure you have at least 15k hp so you don’ tget one shoted
phase 3:(40ish-0%hp) range dps him down avoid the big circle and the small circle, and bubble, only way i can get outta that is with my thief tele skills, can’t roll out(working as intended?, someone confirm this?) so idk what skills you have to get out of it, most of my team just facetanked it though.
simple enough

Giganticus Lupicus

Furienify.5738

No, i’m not new to Lupi. I’m and ele in vitality/toughness/power set. You saw the screenshot? ONE second, 50k in ONE second. No matter how much toughness you have, it’s freaking ONE second.

>Elementalist

How on earth can an Elementalist complain about this fight? You have, the most leeway to slack off in this fight, bar maybe someone who is playing a Guardian.

Magnetic Aura granting you, essentially, 5 seconds of immunity against his ranged attacks.
Renewing Stamina feeding you loads and loads of vigour, augmented by Fireball’s buggy range.
Burning Retreat for a third dodge.
Arcane Shield and Mist Form whenever anything really hits the fan.
Plenty of healing from water spells and water fields.
Pets to absorb attacks for you.
All the snares in the world for phase 3.
King of the fight come phase 1.

As someone who does this fight without a single death – often soloing it while my group runs back in phase 2- in Berserker gear, I risk repeating myself: what on earth are you doing?

Giganticus Lupicus

Soulcheg.5048

K, it’s fine, i vote for higher damage for Lupi, and only 1 wp in the whole instance. We want hardcore, don’t we?

Pets to absorb attacks

All the snares in the world

You’re funny

Giganticus Lupicus

nachtnebel.9168

K, it’s fine, i vote for higher damage for Lupi, and only 1 wp in the whole instance. We want hardcore, don’t we?

Pets to absorb attacks

All the snares in the world

You’re funny

Actually he’s completely right:
- Also it’s not much, Eles still have acess to most heals. 808 every 20s and 2080 every 45s is not much, but still way more than any other profession gets outside of its healing skill (as a side note: use Glyph of Elemental Harmony as your healing skill)
- Lupi tends to concentrate on Earth Elementals in p3
- Frozen Ground (Water), Windborne Speed (Air), Unsteady Ground (Earth) and Shockwave (Earth) are staff skills and very handy in p3

Giganticus Lupicus

Soulcheg.5048

I don’t really like theorizing, ’cause when other classes start telling you how OP you are (especially to ele) it kinda…no, not funny, more like dolefully.

Anyway, let’s close this subject, i’m not topicstarter, i killed Lupi just a minute ago once more, and yes, i still think that he have too heavy damage.

Ty for your time.

Giganticus Lupicus

ilr.9675

I get that taking 50k in just a second is horrible, but, as I already said, this also means that you made a mistake. And since the AoE spam is Lupi’s only real skill check in p2 I don’t think that it’s too much – the charge doesn’t really count cause it’s very easy to avoid unless you waste your dodges.

You don’t know when to concede on this one do you? Last night I definitely got hit by 3 of the more random non-AOE bolts myself b/c I intercepted one or 2 intended for a very close by teammate (or a very low flying AoE one where the circle was way behind us). Just chock it up to randomness please and stop telling people they don’t know what they’re doing. They clealry do. And when everything goes as planned or expected, yes this is a very easy fight. Not arguing that point. But you can’t keep going to such reaching lengths to defend every bit of this encounter, it’s costing you credibility.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

The 2nd and 3rd phase attack hitting for 10-12k dmg is SO HARD to see when it blends with the circle bolts animation it’s sometimes impossible to tell what projectile is comming at You.

If it’s not while circle projectile flys it can be seen but do You have so many dodges, sometimes not. I play a mesmer and don’t have anything to block/migrate that attack – only dodge (if chaos strom not on CD I can give myself aegis, clones die fast as hell sometimes distortion con’t pop up cuz no clone available) I tired “Mimic” it CAN be captured and sent back dor 10k but You also take damage even if You capture it… so it is useless. Feedback works ONLY on 3rd phase attack when he cast many bolts at one red circle, before him.

Tried to “run” not dodge red circle to avoid using dodge and save it for the “instant-cast-almost-invisible-nuke-bolt”, died all the times. Once circle just gave me damage 0,5 second after spawning – I could’t even react it was so fast…

I’ve done this today and just give up… the run from waypoint on path 1 is insanely long over 210 seconds…

But… the most idiotic of all the mobs are Oozes and their condition damage with every hit… isnane just insane.

The boss is hard yes but the trash is just stupid having so much HP – just boring.

(edited by Quam.7218)

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

I thought the same thing the first time I played Lupi. Now I can practically solo him. He’s really not that bad, just takes some practice. Bring blocking and stability and it’s a breeze

The one that really needs a nerf is Simin.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Dimeschemo.5493

Dimeschemo.5493

No seriosly !!!!!!!!!!!! this fight is broken even when you step out of red circles in phase 2 ur geting hit and then the random gloops he spits is one hiting everyone. On top of the fact the preevent might bug out the actual boss fights are broken as well .Cant get back in to fight on the path 2 second boss. Its just way to much…but i also understand its a free game but geesh i wish the designers would make a you tube video thats within the past week and prove they coukitten it cause its not happening nay more and i have done this fight in each patch, from when u coudl drag him to the north wp al the way up till now where u take water way and its a 2 minute run back to have all your team dead or if you stay out of combat to long it will reset the boss. it really is to much like i said .

Giganticus Lupicus

Posted by: Dimeschemo.5493

Dimeschemo.5493

Oh yea and trait pets under any pet bearing class just end up spawning grubs in the lupi fight right next to him how broken is that ????

Giganticus Lupicus

nachtnebel.9168

You don’t know when to concede on this one do you? Last night I definitely got hit by 3 of the more random non-AOE bolts myself b/c I intercepted one or 2 intended for a very close by teammate (or a very low flying AoE one where the circle was way behind us). Just chock it up to randomness please and stop telling people they don’t know what they’re doing. They clealry do. And when everything goes as planned or expected, yes this is a very easy fight. Not arguing that point. But you can’t keep going to such reaching lengths to defend every bit of this encounter, it’s costing you credibility.

Of course there is a random element to Lupi, but that’s not a problem or something special at all, a lot of bosses in a lot of MMOs deal serious damage to random players if they can’t avoid their attacks. In GW2 this creates some situations where a player goes down, no matter what he does, but that’s also not an issue but working as intended. As soon as Lupi sends a player into downed state the team pulls him away and sends one to pick the downed player up, or to use a skills to do it if you can’t get Lupi away from its prey.

I get what you are saying, but in the given case Soulcheg clearly kittened it up. Taking 50k damage from standing in multiple circles – which he never denied – has not much to do with randomness, it’s just a mistake.

Lupi has some issue’s which are mostly bugs that they should fix, e.g. resetting midfight or doing damage slightly outside the red circles. And his HP pool makes the fight annoyingly long, they probably should reduce it by ~20% and extend phase to 75%-35% to compensate for it.

As it comes to randomness: There is good randomness and bad randomness. Throwing avoidable attacks randomly at players is good randomness while just doing inevitable damage to a random player would be bad randomness. Lupi doesn’t use the latter, everything he throws at you can be avoided.

I just hate it when people blame everything on either randomness or bad mechanics, especially if thousands of player per day proof that Lupi can be killed within 2-3 tries, even with PuGs. So, I’m either the world’s luckiest kitten and most of Elona Reach’s randoms are way better than those on your servers or, which is more likely, Lupi is not as hard as a few here try to make us believe.