Giganticus Lupicus bugs

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Blitz.5367

Blitz.5367

So was running Arah Explorer Mode today and noticed some bugs with giganticus lupicus…

1. He reset himself at one point by shadow stepping past someone by the door into the door frame. This caused him to completely reset.

2. Many of his phase 2 aoe projectiles not only hit outside of their indicated red circles some red circles just don’t show up (I know he also throws them out towards you without the circles this is not that).

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Ya this boss resets so easily since the patch it’s not even funnny

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

Posted by: Jakar.3685

Jakar.3685

The projectiles actually bounce towards their red circle so any area between it and the red circles is a potential damage zone.

The resets were a problem for us too he reset twice when there was still 1 person alive hitting it because they ran to the other side of the room (to not be hit by his aoe).

In the end we got him tho, all in all a pretty fun fight to learn and do.

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

Posted by: durz.2784

durz.2784

Being damaged outside of red circles is mostly avoidable if you dodge away from or perpendicular to the boss (not towards). If you get hit too hard you can use the room size to your advantage by running far away enough to get out of combat and let natural regen take you back to full hp. As long as 1 person stays close enough to keep the boss in combat he will not reset, save for exceptional circumstances like charging towards the door, as you said.

(edited by durz.2784)

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

Posted by: Xanthiel.9360

Xanthiel.9360

Sometimes he uses his single target attack mid aoe it seems. Not sure if he’s supposed to be able to, or if it is a bug that he can do both at the same time, but I’m fairly sure that’s what it is, it seems to hunt you down in the same way. I know you said it wasn’t that, but why not? The attack is the same, just the animation for the attack is being covered by the aoe animation. Not saying its not annoying/a bit cheap mind.

I found that it was possible to avoid his aoe by getting really rather close to him, I guess he shoots them up before they come back down, as I know you can get hit if you stand in front of the red circles like others have said, but that seems to only apply further away. Of course then you have to get back again sharpish, as you need space to be able to dodge his single target.

As for the resetting on shadow step, it’s obviously a bug. This being said, he seems to focus pretty much exclusively on the person with the highest toughness in his second stage, so if you know who that is in your group it’s probably best that they stay away from the door. Obviously this is just to minimise the change of him bugging out until Anet fix this.

(edited by Xanthiel.9360)

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Yeah happened us also, he reseted when we are inside. Also i can confirm red circles. We get damage out of it…

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

Posted by: Lara.6137

Lara.6137

yaa, we where doing this boss today and when we where reaching his 50% of life, he somehow reset, and we didnt do it anymore, it reseted like 3 or 4 times.

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

RoRo.8270

yaa, we where doing this boss today and when we where reaching his 50% of life, he somehow reset, and we didnt do it anymore, it reseted like 3 or 4 times.

The boss resets a lot if nobody is within his range attacking him for more than 1 second. He shadowstepped to an ally which he killed and then reset instantly im guessing it was ebcause we were out of range

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Ive had him slighty north of the center of the room.
He used the AoE attack. I had literally nowhere to run but backwards at the time, and he just resets. Even with 3 other people in the room who were all in the same situation.

His aggro range is literally like, half the size of the room, and its certainly smaller than his AoE attack. At the VERY least his AoE attack needs to be smaller than his aggro range. it’s stupid as all kitten to dodge it and find he’s reset because your dodge has brought you just out of his aggro range.

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

RoRo.8270

Ive had him slighty north of the center of the room.
He used the AoE attack. I had literally nowhere to run but backwards at the time, and he just resets. Even with 3 other people in the room who were all in the same situation.

His aggro range is literally like, half the size of the room, and its certainly smaller than his AoE attack. At the VERY least his AoE attack needs to be smaller than his aggro range. it’s stupid as all kitten to dodge it and find he’s reset because your dodge has brought you just out of his aggro range.

I agree most of the time when he uses the big aoe attack that covers half the room you want to get as far away from him as possible but this results in him resetting even though you’re still in combat

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

Posted by: Kellie.3687

Kellie.3687

While its not a bug, it prevents melee game play. His Aoe barrage instantly hits melee because its calculated via travel distance, making it near impossible to melee during phase 2.

Is it not enough that we can only Melee during phase 3? Phase 1 you cannot go near because of Grubs.. oh and on that note it also makes necromancer minor trait, that summons a jagged horror a joke because he will spawn grubs on them in melee and instantly eat them.

Sure I can understand that you don’t want melee in parts of the fight but phase 1 and 2? Would be nicer if the barrages had a fixed landing time rather than instant in melee while having a stupidly long delay at range.

Also during phase 3, his Single aoe attack where he bombs an area with many hits, pre targets you with each bullet, so even if you dodge out before being hit and are away from the targeted zone will still follow you out of the area and hit you… may be intended but looks terrible in melee from a visual stand point.

Meleeing Lupi in phase three.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61RmmrliJZo&t=43m11s

Getting hit by pre targeted barrage from Lupi, after dodging out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61RmmrliJZo&t=43m58s

I really do love this fight, but it really could use some fine tuning like making travel distance of skills more predictable while in melee during phase 2 and 3, phase 3 is fairly easy to melee right now, phase 2 is rather difficult.

Other stuff:
Champion spiders:
Placing most of the aoe shots on melee, and firing many circles, stacking damage. Also calculates landing time via travel distance meaning melee have little chance to dodge these, also complicated by spiders cone attack having same animation as spit aoe circles.
Circles with travel time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61RmmrliJZo&t=54m01s
Circles with travel time hitting melee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61RmmrliJZo&t=54m10s

Abominations before Lupi:
Can be controlled while being listed as Unshakeable. Also they do not build stacks of Frenzy as listed. Video Link to show Abominations, using CC and not gaining any form of Frenzy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61RmmrliJZo&t=32m45s

Risen Mages:
Focusing red circles on melee leaving 4 circles right in melee constantly, don’t seam to have been adjusted like during beta to focus a little more on ranged with circle spam.

(edited by Kellie.3687)

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

Personally I found alkot of stuff fixed on this boss since the patch... Weird... Do yopu guys know they fixed gaurdian shields?? much easier boss now,...

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

The 2 glitches OP described I can confirm. It’s very frustrating.

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

So they fixed it so you can’t pull him out of the room to the waypoint anymore?

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

RoRo.8270

They didn’t change anything with arah explorable not sure what the other dude is talking about the only thing that was changed was the token system and that was for every dungeon

Giganticus Lupicus bugs

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

For some very generous value of “fixed” since you also apparently can’t dodge backwards/kite anymore.