Giganticus Lupicus needs to be nerfed...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

When he hit u with grub he KD you, so… probably like that Its awesome fight and not need any nerf

You completely missed my point.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Maybe that’s not the point but the amount of vodka you get.

Posted by: Palaryel.2463

Palaryel.2463

My usual dungeon group consists of myself and 2 other friends, the other 2 in the group are usually pugs or guildmates.

The 3 of us are a necro (me), a guardian and an elementalist, each one of us (including the elementalist who usually runs as glass canon) can kite the Lupicus alone indefinately while the rest can run back from the waypoint, so what youre saying is not true at all, you just need more practice with that boss.

haviz.1340

My usual dungeon group consists of myself and 2 other friends, the other 2 in the group are usually pugs or guildmates.

The 3 of us are a necro (me), a guardian and an elementalist, each one of us (including the elementalist who usually runs as glass canon) can kite the Lupicus alone indefinately while the rest can run back from the waypoint, so what youre saying is not true at all, you just need more practice with that boss.

Why would you kite him when the puppy just wants to hug you?

Posted by: Palaryel.2463

Palaryel.2463

Why would you kite him when the puppy just wants to hug you?

:D

Another note, the shadow walk he uses in phase 2 is a projectile, you can reflect it back (=he stays where he is). Not sure its intended to be that way, but is pretty epic xD

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

1. This is an old topic.
Bring projectiles blocking, if you’re an ele and you aren’t using a focus for this fight then you’re bad at dungeons.

This is 100% false. It’s extremely easy for me to land my full meteor shower on Lupi with my 15 sec chill. I always run Arah with a staff.

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

This is 100% false. It’s extremely easy for me to land my full meteor shower on Lupi with my 15 sec chill. I always run Arah with a staff.

The damage/offensive skills aren’t the point. I agree that it’s false, someone’s not a bad ele for bringing something other than a focus to this fight but focus has a definite place here due to Air4 being a 6sec block of projectiles with a 30sec CD. The block really comes in handy in phase 2. Staff also has its use for support here though, e.g. Water5 (and 3) can do a lot to help someone caught in the poison bubble in phase 3 stay alive.

I’d say if you’re in a group with problems timing dodges and such, then focus is better. If your group can dodge in phase 2 then you can make do with a staff.

Alilinke.7690

The damage/offensive skills aren’t the point. I agree that it’s false, someone’s not a bad ele for bringing something other than a focus to this fight but focus has a definite place here due to Air4 being a 6sec block of projectiles with a 30sec CD. The block really comes in handy in phase 2. Staff also has its use for support here though, e.g. Water5 (and 3) can do a lot to help someone caught in the poison bubble in phase 3 stay alive.

I’d say if you’re in a group with problems timing dodges and such, then focus is better. If your group can dodge in phase 2 then you can make do with a staff.

I’m well aware that blocking projectiles with a focus can be useful, but the notion that any ele who uses anything other than a focus is a ‘bad ele’, and his elitisist attitude really irritated me considering i run 2 Arah paths a day and have been a dungeon master for quite some time.

Of course you can use a focus if it fits your play style, but i’d consider maintaining long periods of chill on Lupi, long periods of regen, area swiftness, and most importantly, magnetic aura on not only myself, but on my allies a lot more beneficial.

haviz.1340

Of course you can use a focus if it fits your play style, but i’d consider maintaining long periods of chill on Lupi, long periods of regen, area swiftness, and most importantly, magnetic aura on not only myself, but on my allies a lot more beneficial.

There’s no need for those boons/auras ;p

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

Like everything in this game it’s just practice. I had a pretty good arah group going, we did 2-3 paths a day and we all got our full arah armor no problem. Hell, I soloed him past phase 1 just cause I was sitting there talking kitten with my team and said I could do it.

Alilinke.7690

There’s no need for those boons/auras ;p

Alot of people don’t know this, but magnetic aura can reflect Lupi’s projectiles. The damage from the projectiles comes from the AoE explosion after impact. If you manage to reflect them before they hit the ground, they will bounce back at him.

haviz.1340

Alot of people don’t know this, but magnetic aura can reflect Lupi’s projectiles. The damage from the projectiles comes from the AoE explosion after impact. If you manage to reflect them before they hit the ground, they will bounce back at him.

A lot of people don’t know this, but you’re safe from his projectiles in melee range.

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Me and my guildies went arah for the first time ever last night. We wiped the first time, because frankly we had no idea what we were doing and he ate 10 grubs while at it. However we kicked his kitten 3 consecutive times by doing 3 paths yep. I don’t think lupicus needs a nerf. Although I must admit he is a lot harder than the following bosses. We didn’t have a specific organization either. I just shouted in guild chat whoever wants to go there, so we ended up with 2 guardians hammer warrior a mesmer and a necro which got replaced with a thief afterwards. It is not a hard boss although he is not forgiving one. You screw up and you’re dead.

P.S: I was doing melee damage to him the whole time with guardian. I don’t see why ppl with no ranged weapons are being kicked from PuGs o.o

haviz.1340

P.S: I was doing melee damage to him the whole time with guardian. I don’t see why ppl with no ranged weapons are being kicked from PuGs o.o

Because pugs are made of ignorants. I don’t equip ranged weapon and often stay solo against him (and that’s with dung masters in party).

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah his auto-attack is annoying but the rest is perfectly doable and merely a matter of experience.

Just look at some of the solo kills I’m too lazy to look for.

Posted by: lOKI.8152

lOKI.8152

Started doing Arah 6 days ago. Some wipes at Lupi (3 or 4 ?), always pugging. Got 700 tokens now and seriously: If hes the worst endboss in the game: Lol. He demands your attention, if you make mistakes you will get punished. What else should a boss do ? He even tells you when hes about to spawn a grub.

Thx for the info about Magnetic Aura, my support ele using staff will definitely remember that. (Even survived taking on Lupi alone after the rest of the group was dead and ran back. Evasive Arcana +Geysir +Healing rain +Eruption + Signet of Restoration + 3 stun breakers, one with stability = a lot of room for mistakes when you fight him for the first time. Imo staff is way better than focus for people who never fought him before. From what i remember swirling wind is stationary while you can move with magnetic aura. In combination with everything else staff has to offer i prefer staff.)

If Lupi resets midway through the fight you either used something like Mass Invisibility or Shadow Refuge on the whole group or your group stood too far away from him and stopped hitting him.

Lvl 80s: Thief, Necro, Engi, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger

“War does not determine who is right – only who is left.”

haviz.1340

Imo staff is way better than focus for people who never fought him before. From what i remember swirling wind is stationary while you can move with magnetic aura. In combination with everything else staff has to offer i prefer staff.

With focus you don’t even have to dodge anything except his kicks. How’s that worse than a staff? And how immobility of Swirling Winds is a flaw there when it stops all kinds of projectiles, not just his single ones.

Posted by: lOKI.8152

lOKI.8152

Because i like healing my party with the staff skills like i mentioned in my post. It may be different if i werent mainly specced for party support. But running with pugs i prefer being able to throw some heals for others when i deem it necessary.

Lvl 80s: Thief, Necro, Engi, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger

“War does not determine who is right – only who is left.”

haviz.1340

Because i like healing my party with the staff skills like i mentioned in my post. It may be different if i werent mainly specced for party support. But running with pugs i prefer being able to throw some heals for others when i deem it necessary.

Pugs die from single AoE and staff won’t heal that up.

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

Lupi is the most fun boss in the game for me. No nerf please

A bit curious, what’s fun in phase 1?

We have a drinking game in our guild. If you get ‘grubbed’ you drink a shot of vodka.

This comment is so much win.

Posted by: dukefx.9730

dukefx.9730

Lupi isn’t that hard to do. I even know 3 guys (diff. prof each) who soloed it. It’s just a matter of tactics and practice. You can even go out of combat in that “arena” if you failed to avoid getting hit and have no healing/blocking/any other defensive skill available. Kholer can kill a whole party of inexperienced players within the first 10 seconds of the fight, but once you get the hang of it, it’s a piece of cake. Same goes for Lupi.

Posted by: Keru.4289

Keru.4289

Lupi is great at it is now, the only problem that i have with him is the time he resets, sometimes (still inside the room) you go off his range for a split second, he resets immediately.

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I actually think he’s the best boss in the game. He’s well designed, and his animations are clear enough (thanks to his size, I suppose) that I know when to dodge, and if I don’t dodge at the right times, I know it falls down to it being my fault. Granted, I think vigor is extremely helpful for phase two onwards, but it’s not completely necessary.

I wish more bosses in this game had phase like structures.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Guys, one of the necromancers got lost looking for their class forum and instead resurrected this thread. It’s three months old – the OP was playing this dungeon before people had much experience with dungeons, before people had learned the encounter, before most people had full exotic sets and before most people even had good working builds.

Three months ago people had far less knowledge about the game and a lot less practice with things.

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

went in ther yesterday with a pug and we got our kitten handed to us multiple times in a row.

have to admit i brought the wrong build on my guardian.
still if anything this thread should be a warning to new players to bring their A-game when they are going into arah as well as full exotics. i had to learn the hard way and looked up some videos and advice and i will be prepared next time.

i still believe that two players without this knowledge and top gear can break an arah run which is just frustrating for everybody

believe it or not: not everyone moves at a pace where the only thing left is a legendary or the grind for ascended gear – even if he or she started with release

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

believe it or not: not everyone moves at a pace where the only thing left is a legendary or the grind for ascended gear – even if he or she started with release

Then, no offense, but they don’t belong in this dungeon. There has to be SOMETHING hard in the game for PvE. There are plenty of other dungeons they can go practice in. This fight is excellent and needs no nerf.

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

true – did not say anything diffrent. thats way this thread can remain and act like a warning to those fools (me included)