Gliding + Dying on Sabetha

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

Gliding is really wonky on sabetha and I don’t know why. When being launched on the way over, do NOT open your glider or you will often get stunned in mid-air, and float slowly to your death. Well, at least the fix here is easy- don’t open it while being launched to the platform.

Unfortunately I run into different issues on the way back. Often I’ll press and hold glide and it just won’t open for a second, causing me to fall to my death. I’ve seen this in a few parts of the game and it’s unlikely my net as it’s usually around 100ms. Does anyone know what could be causing my glider to not open?

[EG] is recruiting!

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Gliding is really wonky on sabetha and I don’t know why. When being launched on the way over, do NOT open your glider or you will often get stunned in mid-air, and float slowly to your death. Well, at least the fix here is easy- don’t open it while being launched to the platform.

Unfortunately I run into different issues on the way back. Often I’ll press and hold glide and it just won’t open for a second, causing me to fall to my death. I’ve seen this in a few parts of the game and it’s unlikely my net as it’s usually around 100ms. Does anyone know what could be causing my glider to not open?

They just recently changed how Glider operate, you shouldn’t be having this problem any more, if you still do, it’s your keyboard spacebar that is acting wonky, because the glider is now client side and can not lag.

The mid air stun after being launched is on purpose, it’s to avoid possible glitch I believe.

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

It’s aftercast.

On most skills there is an ‘aftercast’, a delay before you can do another action. If you cast a skill and directly jump off the edge, you won’t be able to deploy your glider until the aftercast time has passed.

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

It’s aftercast.

On most skills there is an ‘aftercast’, a delay before you can do another action. If you cast a skill and directly jump off the edge, you won’t be able to deploy your glider until the aftercast time has passed.

This. An easy solution is stowing your weapon before you glide. An alternative is weaponswapping.

Posted by: softblackcarbon.1537

softblackcarbon.1537

(Stow weapons is something you can keybind. You push your bind right before you jump off, this cancels all your aftercasts and you shouldn’t have any glider problems especially with the new fix.)