Go condi go home

Go condi go home

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Axl.8924

Axl.8924

I don’t know if anyone agrees with me, but whats with the new obsession of ANET in making condi king?

I became a ranger to go power, now i hear oh condi is king go condi.
I go ele and now i find out that for single target in raids, i might need to go condi if there are no adds.

Is anything going to be done to balance it out so power becomes just as viable for single target? Because i really enjoy playing aoe and single target burst ele and power ranger.

Go condi go home

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

The power/condi balance is fine. Power Tempest can out dps Condi Tempest + it brings CC, whereas Condi Tempest is a very selfish and brings no CC.

The only thing that doesn’t work out right now is Power Ranger. Might change with Soulbeast though.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

(edited by Avster.1935)

Go condi go home

Axl.8924

I hope so i enjoy sending out my kitty to bite my enemies ankles as i slash em with my greatsword and shoot them with rapid fire longbow.

Go condi go home

Posted by: Mister Asdasd.6194

Mister Asdasd.6194

And dont forget condi warrior. I main a GS power warrior since i started the game 3+ years ago. I went into a CM nightmare fractal run and a guy kept complaining why we have a power Warrior in the team and complained about the dps, not seeing how his elementalist couldnt even kill his trash mob in time for the Unclean to not launch his channeling move. Another one complained for my lack of dps (horay for dps meters and toxicity) because we where on t4 underground facility with toxic trail and ice elemental boss fight. Of course i cant max out my dps when 6 toxic trail mobs+ boss are chasing me. People nowadays think condi is the cure to everything. If anything condi is most situations is always worse than power because you have to maintain the stacks to deal the damage

Go condi go home

Posted by: Ooops.8694

Ooops.8694

Let’s be fair… condition damage was absolute crap for more than 3 years from GW2’s release day till HoT, doing less burst damage, less damage overall and being severly crippled by a global stack-cap that one single player could reach. That’s nothing compared the the state of the game nowadays, where power dps are just slightly worse than condition builds and it will only need a very small amount of tweaking to get the balance right.

Go condi go home

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

So its either 1 or the other. Cant we get a midle ground?

Go condi go home

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The balance of damage seems to waver back and forth. Condi damage is higher now, to accommodate for cleanses and the fact that so much of their damage is caused by enemies sitting in their fields. Though made for PVP, these changes make it so in PVE a lot of damage can be stacked up.

Personally I still prefer power. For several reasons:

1. No ramp up. Power is damage instant. Against Siaxx I’ve soloed two vets on power Guardian, but can barely kill a single vet on Condi Necro even though I’m supposed to have 32k DPS.
  2. Greater Utility. A lot of condi builds basically require every utility to be dedicated to condi damage, but power builds frequently have space to include defensive and utility options.
  3. Ease of use. While many enemies will sit in fire fields, many enemies will not. Power builds generally tend to just launch attacks, and aside from the occasional root or field their attacks are adept at chasing running enemies.

For dungeons and fractals, I still find power to be far more useful than condi. The only time condi shines is when I’m fighting an enemy that is going to live a really long time regardless.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Go condi go home

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

And dont forget condi warrior. I main a GS power warrior since i started the game 3+ years ago. I went into a CM nightmare fractal run and a guy kept complaining why we have a power Warrior in the team and complained about the dps, not seeing how his elementalist couldnt even kill his trash mob in time for the Unclean to not launch his channeling move. Another one complained for my lack of dps (horay for dps meters and toxicity) because we where on t4 underground facility with toxic trail and ice elemental boss fight. Of course i cant max out my dps when 6 toxic trail mobs+ boss are chasing me. People nowadays think condi is the cure to everything. If anything condi is most situations is always worse than power because you have to maintain the stacks to deal the damage

I also find it rude to complain about suboptimal composition in fractals, especially if the group did not have requirements in LFG. In this case, if you are going to complain about a power PS, just ask up front and leave if there is one. I agree with you there.
However, condi damage is lately certainly not always worse than power, even in non-optimized settings. I recently started running a dps meter to improve myself (and occasionally to make a fool out of unjustified complainers). I noted that in fights where there is a lot of downtime between damage windows (usually when your group is not doing well), condi often outperforms because you can use some of your most powerful skills, then go do whatever else you need to do while the damage keeps ticking (run away, rez downed etc). When I have to make up for my groups mistakes with my power ele, my damage drops drastically, while with my condi PS the drop is smaller. In such groups, I usually note condi users have higher dps than power users (especially reapers, if all else fails they just soak up the damage they can’t dodge and let their condi’s tick away while kiting, try doing that on a power spec).

Go condi go home

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Power Warrior got nerfed to death.
Power Ranger has hardly ever been good besides in dungeons where it was about bursting enemies down.

In fractals you’ll not want condi classes, apart from condi ps, due to the fights being relatively short.

toxic since 2012

Go condi go home

Axl.8924

The balance of damage seems to waver back and forth. Condi damage is higher now, to accommodate for cleanses and the fact that so much of their damage is caused by enemies sitting in their fields. Though made for PVP, these changes make it so in PVE a lot of damage can be stacked up.

Personally I still prefer power. For several reasons:

1. No ramp up. Power is damage instant. Against Siaxx I’ve soloed two vets on power Guardian, but can barely kill a single vet on Condi Necro even though I’m supposed to have 32k DPS.
  2. Greater Utility. A lot of condi builds basically require every utility to be dedicated to condi damage, but power builds frequently have space to include defensive and utility options.
  3. Ease of use. While many enemies will sit in fire fields, many enemies will not. Power builds generally tend to just launch attacks, and aside from the occasional root or field their attacks are adept at chasing running enemies.

For dungeons and fractals, I still find power to be far more useful than condi. The only time condi shines is when I’m fighting an enemy that is going to live a really long time regardless.

Depends.Chilled to the bone is quite useful on harder levels because you got a lot of enemies and some have quite a bit of life.This isn’t too good if you have more than 5 because necro cannot spread more than 5 condies with epi, but epi is very useful for an example in the mech boss in underground facility due to how many adds there are.Whenever you get tons of adds i’l cast epi after spreading some condies to help kill adds faster, and it works great.Only way i might be able to do good aoe is if i use chilled to the bone or maybe staff for having area effects.

Go condi go home

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Power Warrior got nerfed to death.
Power Ranger has hardly ever been good besides in dungeons where it was about bursting enemies down.

In fractals you’ll not want condi classes, apart from condi ps, due to the fights being relatively short.

Power druid i believe is as good as condi druid atm. Also in t4 it doesnt really matter unless u are on the top 5% both playstyles will prob average on kill times.

Go condi go home

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Ye, i did mean ranger tho!

toxic since 2012

Go condi go home

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

While condi is at a nice place now. I think some Power Builds should be buffed. cough Power Reaper cough.

And on some classes I hope that the new Elite Specs will help them with Power Specs because they need a Power Spec. Like Warriors ( Berserker wasn’t meant to be good as a Power Spec ). And I know that for Warriors we need to wait for another expac to hope for a Power Spec