Gold Farming After Dungeon nerf

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: rino.5764

rino.5764

i want to craft a legendary but i need gold (obviously) but since the Anet doesn’t care about dungeons anymore what is the best way to get gold right now?

i really hate this change and i don’t know what to do, i mean how are we going to craft our legendaries, buy our mats etc….

i really hope they do something about this soon if not i’m leaving the game

what you guys think about this change? what are you guys doing to get gold right now? just let me now i would be really helpful

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Cant tell u, but here r def ways within gathering that is very profitable with items which will always be in high demand. I make 10g in 10mins for instance daily on 8 chars stationed somewhere, and that is one way.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Aside from gathering, you pretty much have no way. Go to a map and hope you get a decent reward. Other than that, flail wildly and hope something good drops.

For an expansion, HoT sure took a lot away.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

Does SW still work?

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

Does SW still work?

You won’t find any chest trains, but running the meta a few times can net you a lot of rares, especially if you open the masterwork bags of loot and mystic forge the masterwork gear. From there you can salvage for ectos. You can make even more if you get lucky, but that’s the basis of where you’ll make your money.

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

Does SW still work?

You won’t find any chest trains, but running the meta a few times can net you a lot of rares, especially if you open the masterwork bags of loot and mystic forge the masterwork gear. From there you can salvage for ectos. You can make even more if you get lucky, but that’s the basis of where you’ll make your money.

Why no chest trains?

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Gathering is extremely lucrative, gather everything you see. Not just the flax farm, just if you see it, gather it.

Also open all the “chests” you find, like cargo.

Basically just run around picking up free gold.

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Does SW still work?

Why no chest trains?

People are hoarding shovels for guilds. Guild hall upgrades need it.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: stephoa.7082

stephoa.7082

Does SW still work?

There are definitely still chest trains. Not as often as frequent as pre-HoT, but Ive seen at least one daily that lasts for hours. Chest trains is still the fastest way to make Coarse Sand (Besides that 20 mins of Dry Top Sandstorm), which you can sell for quite a bit. Otherwise, the value of Chest Farms and SW Events have dropped because of the big deflation in T5 and T6 mats.

Always looking for friends! Add me on EU or NA!

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

Started playing after HoT came out. Got to level 80 a few days ago. Spent 2 full days learning how the TP works. Had 31g at lvl 80. 255g today. Buying low and selling high. Getting my first legendary somewhere next week. I’m currentlly getting 60g/ hour, and the more gold I have, the more gold I can make. Play smarter or grind for 3g an hour like a pleb

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Started playing after HoT came out. Got to level 80 a few days ago. Spent 2 full days learning how the TP works. Had 31g at lvl 80. 255g today. Buying low and selling high. Getting my first legendary somewhere next week. I’m currentlly getting 60g/ hour, and the more gold I have, the more gold I can make. Play smarter or grind for 3g an hour like a pleb

You’re lying, I’m sure you bought gems and exchanged these for money, there’s no way you can get a legendary in a week that way and that’s not playing…

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

You’re lying, I’m sure you bought gems and exchanged these for money, there’s no way you can get a legendary in a week that way and that’s not playing…

does it matter? if i wanted to waste my time buying and selling I’d play the stock market. I don’t play the game to do maths and economics i do it to have fun. I’ve already given up getting a legendary in a reasonable amount of time since it seems playing the actual game gives very little.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Anyone with a decent amount of motivation can make ridiculous amounts per hour. I remember my first of trading as being the best of my life : started with 200g, got to 2K and made a Sunrise. A month after I reiterated, made 2K gold again, made Twilight.

It’s not hard if you really know what you’re doing and you don’t need to spend a dime on gems, although I occasionally do it when ArenaNet releases something I like as my way to support the game.

Playing the TP is playing the game, just more efficiently. An hour of TP a day and then you never need gold again and can sincerely enjoy the game without always being worried about your gold per hour

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Amineo.8951

Anyone with a decent amount of motivation can make ridiculous amounts per hour. I remember my first of trading as being the best of my life : started with 200g, got to 2K and made a Sunrise. A month after I reiterated, made 2K gold again, made Twilight.

It’s not hard if you really know what you’re doing and you don’t need to spend a dime on gems, although I occasionally do it when ArenaNet releases something I like as my way to support the game.

Playing the TP is playing the game, just more efficiently. An hour of TP a day and then you never need gold again and can sincerely enjoy the game without always being worried about your gold per hour

That’s still not playing for me, that’s gambling in another way and manipulating people like some kind of toys in a selfish way…

Posted by: youkai.2394

youkai.2394

That’s still not playing for me, that’s gambling in another way and manipulating people like some kind of toys in a selfish way…

It’s really up to you. I prefer to gamble for 1 hour that farm for 5-6 hours some events I don’t really care about, and use the other 4 hours to do things I like.

Besides, With 2 months of gambling I managed to get enough gold for an entire year, and I still have a lot left. It’s not fun, but definitely the fastest way and less painful in the long term.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Why can’t you still run dungeons? If you just do the fast, efficient paths the gold per hour is still very respectable.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Why can’t you still run dungeons? If you just do the fast, efficient paths the gold per hour is still very respectable.

Lol!!! that’s a good joke.

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

It really is funny because with fractal rewards completely broken and raids not out yet (nor do we know how good the rewards will actually be implemented, such as the chances to get just rare items might be super high, etc.) dungeons are still pretty fast and reliable to get gold, even after the nerf to dungeons. CoF path 1 takes about 8-10 minutes, you get about 55 silver (plus loot) from your daily and completion reward. Just keep running those fast easy paths and that’s several gold you didn’t have before in just an hours worth of time. Also, I hear that Arah path 4 still awards 3g or so.

@The one to Rule I think your failing to understand that there is a lot of deflation happening right now whether Anet intended it or not. Stop comparing the rewards to pre-HoT. As of now Dungeons are still a very good way to make gold.

The one to Rule.2593

It really is funny because with fractal rewards completely broken and raids not out yet (nor do we know how good the rewards will actually be implemented, such as the chances to get just rare items might be super high, etc.) dungeons are still pretty fast and reliable to get gold, even after the nerf to dungeons. CoF path 1 takes about 8-10 minutes, you get about 55 silver (plus loot) from your daily and completion reward. Just keep running those fast easy paths and that’s several gold you didn’t have before in just an hours worth of time. Also, I hear that Arah path 4 still awards 3g or so.

@The one to Rule I think your failing to understand that there is a lot of deflation happening right now whether Anet intended it or not. Stop comparing the rewards to pre-HoT. As of now Dungeons are still a very good way to make gold.

Arah path 4 also takes over 2 hours to do, it’s the longest dungeon path in the entire game and entirely not worth doing once you get the dungeon master achievement. When you can pick flax for more gold per hour than running dungeons just by planting 5 of your toons on the flax farming spot, Yeah I think there’s something wrong.

I don’t even care about the gold from dungeons, but lets not live under the delusion that it’s good money anymore.

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

Arah path 4 also takes over 2 hours to do, it’s the longest dungeon path in the entire game and entirely not worth doing once you get the dungeon master achievement. When you can pick flax for more gold per hour than running dungeons just by planting 5 of your toons on the flax farming spot, Yeah I think there’s something wrong.

I don’t even care about the gold from dungeons, but lets not live under the delusion that it’s good money anymore.

Well, I could make the argument that yes, the path is hard, but once you know what to do and how to do it the best way, it should take no more than an hour tops. An hour to earn 3-4 gold post-HoT is pretty good deal. Yes, of course you can farm flax too between all your alts, but after those 5 minutes of farming, you still have plenty of time to run anything else in game (unless you have only 5 minutes to play then yeah…).

About the dungeon comment, again it’s not the only way to make money, but it’s still extremely profitable. I think most forget those shiny tokens you get can be converted for free into rare or exotic armors/weapons and salvaged for lets say, several silk/linen and ectos. So, not only do you earn 55s for a 10 minute (probably less) dungeon run, but you can earn about 1-3 ectos, several extra mats (depending on what you spend your tokens on), plus drops. Sounds good to me with this new economy.

The one to Rule.2593

Well, I could make the argument that yes, the path is hard, but once you know what to do and how to do it the best way, it should take no more than an hour tops. An hour to earn 3-4 gold post-HoT is pretty good deal. Yes, of course you can farm flax too between all your alts, but after those 5 minutes of farming, you still have plenty of time to run anything else in game (unless you have only 5 minutes to play then yeah…).

About the dungeon comment, again it’s not the only way to make money, but it’s still extremely profitable. I think most forget those shiny tokens you get can be converted for free into rare or exotic armors/weapons and salvaged for lets say, several silk/linen and ectos. So, not only do you earn 55s for a 10 minute (probably less) dungeon run, but you can earn about 1-3 ectos, several extra mats (depending on what you spend your tokens on), plus drops. Sounds good to me with this new economy.

Yeah it would be fast, except the only people that run dungeons anymore are the ones who have no clue what they are doing. Just getting a group for arah alone is a nightmare, let alone one that knows what they are doing. This will easily take you over 2 hours, it’s just not worth it.

Running dungeons is actually very mediocre compared with other options. Gathering and completing events on the new maps is far better, Hell, silver wastes is far better. Dungeons previously were less gold per hour than Silverwastes and tbh didn’t even need to be nerfed. If you want to nerf inflation, nerf silver wastes.

(edited by The one to Rule.2593)

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I think the point is some doofuses were laughing at Nike saying dungeons were decent gold, and then it’s claimed Arah4 takes 2 hours to run. DnT is really letting themselves go if that’s the case.

You don’t need to be a super leeto guild to make decent gold on dungeons. Last night I pugged all of AC and it took us like 40 minutes or so. Decent gold for sure.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Noticed the lvl 80 only stories lately while before HoT a lvl 80 in story mode was very rare? People certainly expanded their views after HoT.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Raizen.7981

Because you’re not smart enough to get where I’m getting, it doesn’t mean I’m lying. Also, grinding a week of TP and not having to worry about gold for the rest of my gw2 experience is kinda 10 times better than logging in gw2 and spending 5 hours worrying about gold per hour, like you seem to do

Amineo.8951

Because you’re not smart enough to get where I’m getting, it doesn’t mean I’m lying. Also, grinding a week of TP and not having to worry about gold for the rest of my gw2 experience is kinda 10 times better than logging in gw2 and spending 5 hours worrying about gold per hour, like you seem to do

That’s not being smart, I know how it works, a guildie have almost all legendaries doing this and he did it with other guys to maximize profit by manipulating the market at the same time, others just buy gems first to get a decent amount of gold to start with this nonsense…

If this is playing, then I’m better off playing something else where skill and experience nets you proper rewards, which isn’t the case here and never will be even with Raids…

(edited by Amineo.8951)

Raizen.7981

That’s not being smart, I know how it works, a guildie have almost all legendaries doing this and he did it with other guys to maximize profit by manipulating the market at the same time, others just buy gems first to get a decent amount of gold to start with this nonsense…

If this is playing, then I’m better off playing something else where skill and experience nets you proper rewards, which isn’t the case here and never will be even with Raids…

You sound like the player that kinda wants to get rewards for sitting on their kitten . Raids not taking skill? Manipulating a hundred thousand market doesn’t take skill? Are you for real

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

With the current state of the TP GUI, it is a big pain in the kitten , I played flip wars, I have to sit 6 hours against TP GUI and flip. That is sick, I playing to have fun, not to stare some stupid GUI for 6 hours.

When they published the API to put items in TP outside of the game I will do it again but for the reason I mentioned is the reason they will never do it because I can do it from my handy, etc without logging to the game.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

As far as I recall, the goal was to reduce the liquid gold gain. With that, they succeeded pretty well I’d say – when playing HoT content, I can barely see my gold-amount rise. However, as others have already pointed out, it’s about cashing in your drops. Especially harvesting is very lucrative at this point.

I would also further suggest to leave all your fractal boxes/chests unopened till the upcoming December patch which is supposed to increase those rewards.

To me personally, it really depends on how lucrative those fractal runs are going to be in the future.

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

If RAIDs aren’t MORE profitable than dungeons USED to be – I will likely be leaving this game… Forever. There’s NO way I’m sticking around a game where they leave dungeons as profitable as they did, for as long as they did (read: allow SOME players to get filthy rich off it) – to have them turn around and literally f*** us who didn’t. Because if I wanted to be one of those “dungeon [gold] farmers” – now I can’t even if I wanted to. Quite simply, this isn’t fair, given they’ve allowed other players to do so – AND for so long! Don’t want to be fair ANET, that’s fine – I’ll find another company who actually cares about ALL of their customers! I’m surely not going to stick around where a company’s stance is “well, we allowed players AB and C to ‘gold farm’ @ high rates for over 2 years, but we’re gonna change it up now, so players DE and F cannot do the same”.

As others have said, “there is no real good way” any longer to “gather gold”. I hope, for your sake ANET, that you’ve made these pending RAIDs REALLY lucrative!

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

If RAIDs aren’t MORE profitable than dungeons USED to be – I will likely be leaving this game… Forever. There’s NO way I’m sticking around a game where they leave dungeons as profitable as they did, for as long as they did (read: allow SOME players to get filthy rich off it) – to have them turn around and literally f*** us who didn’t. Because if I wanted to be one of those “dungeon [gold] farmers” – now I can’t even if I wanted to. Quite simply, this isn’t fair, given they’ve allowed other players to do so – AND for so long! Don’t want to be fair ANET, that’s fine – I’ll find another company who actually cares about ALL of their customers! I’m surely not going to stick around where a company’s stance is “well, we allowed players AB and C to ‘gold farm’ @ high rates for over 2 years, but we’re gonna change it up now, so players DE and F cannot do the same”.

As others have said, “there is no real good way” any longer to “gather gold”. I hope, for your sake ANET, that you’ve made these pending RAIDs REALLY lucrative!

Goodbye man, remember to send me your gold :p On a more serious note, as Nike pointed out, dungeon runners have less gold than before, but casuals farming open world have more. The rewards have finally been evened out (except for WvW), which in itself is very good as we can now stop worrying about gold per hour and simply focus on what content we love doing. Which for me translates into drinking coffee and looking at the TP GUI.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

Goodbye man, remember to send me your gold :p On a more serious note, as Nike pointed out, dungeon runners have less gold than before, but casuals farming open world have more. The rewards have finally been evened out (except for WvW), which in itself is very good as we can now stop worrying about gold per hour and simply focus on what content we love doing. Which for me translates into drinking coffee and looking at the TP GUI.

Sounds very exciting

Amineo.8951

You sound like the player that kinda wants to get rewards for sitting on their kitten . Raids not taking skill? Manipulating a hundred thousand market doesn’t take skill? Are you for real

Manipulating prices here doesn’t take skill yes, it’s basically buying tons of the same item(s) and raise the price more to gain profit when people are not looking at it, which most likely works when you do it at the right time. Raids I don’t know but I was more interested about the rewards for doing these because doing challenging content in this game is not rewarding enough to kept my interest, the gameplay is good but the rewards sucks I’m sorry.

And saying that I just want to get something by spamming 1 for hours when you basically study graphs and wait on your chair is not something I would be proud off, why you don’t use your ’’talent’’ IRL for your friends and family?

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Lmao, anyone with decent motivation. You are either trolling or vastly underrating your ability to play a market.

Not everyone is a freakin trade expert.

For all your amazing ability, you also somehow miss the fact that if most people did what you allegedly do, it would kill the majority of your profit. You’d spend your hour a day fighting with 100+ people over every market you try to work.

I don’t understand how someone can simultaneously be so good at working markets and be so ignorant of how percentages work.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: tenryuta.2014

tenryuta.2014

best tip i have:farm fractals, stock up on agony res then sell in bulk on tp, then maybe the 10+ will be cheaper down the road:)

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

anets way of saying to people who lived in dungeons like me, “you can stay in them but you’ll have to spend more time doing them for less reward- so have fun.”
maybe im being negative about it but thats how i feel
idm gathering and stuff from map but i preferred goofing off in dungeons with my group.

(edited by SnowHawk.3615)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Lmao, anyone with decent motivation. You are either trolling or vastly underrating your ability to play a market.

Not everyone is a freakin trade expert.

For all your amazing ability, you also somehow miss the fact that if most people did what you allegedly do, it would kill the majority of your profit. You’d spend your hour a day fighting with 100+ people over every market you try to work.

I don’t understand how someone can simultaneously be so good at working markets and be so ignorant of how percentages work.

he usually streams it
hes not a troll…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

Manipulating prices here doesn’t take skill yes, it’s basically buying tons of the same item(s) and raise the price more to gain profit when people are not looking at it, which most likely works when you do it at the right time. Raids I don’t know but I was more interested about the rewards for doing these because doing challenging content in this game is not rewarding enough to kept my interest, the gameplay is good but the rewards sucks I’m sorry.

And saying that I just want to get something by spamming 1 for hours when you basically study graphs and wait on your chair is not something I would be proud off, why you don’t use your ’’talent’’ IRL for your friends and family?

Exactly, while I may feel that “warm special feeling” when I accomplish something (“in game”) it’s not enough. If I’m not going to get an actual reward – it’s plain and simply not worth my time. I would rather spend time licking envelopes!

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/