Gold Find Infusion Becoming Useless?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

With the removal of coin drops from dungeon bosses, the increased monster gold drop infusion will lose its major effect source. With there being about 40 silver dropped by bosses per dungeon run (10, 10, and 20), that amounted to an extra 8 silver per run. There’s no other place where the infusion made that much of an impact, as monsters outside of specific dungeon bosses don’t really drop more than a few copper, up to maybe one silver, at a time. Will the daily reward box be affected by the gold infusion, or should I just slap a karmic infusion onto my necklace for a more tangible effect (+180 karma per dungeon, and in open world events, more karma = more Orr boxes = more gold, though not nearly as much as using gilded infusion in dungeons)?

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Well the way it looks is that the gold will be coming out of a chest now so i agree gold infusions will lose a ton of there usefulness.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

will we get a refund for gold infusion?20 laurels isn’t cheap

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

It appears that the GF infusion will become pretty useless just like the MF gear. GF infusions are only worthwhile for dungeon runs.

Uther Deathhand.1570

I hope so i got 40 laurels invested in them.

Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Could someone link where they say they’re removing gold drops from bosses please. If that’s actually happening I’ll just have to chalk it up to one more incredibly stupid decision made to nerf dungeons. Seriously, what a terrible idea.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Uther Deathhand.1570

Could someone link where they say they’re removing gold drops from bosses please. If that’s actually happening I’ll just have to chalk it up to one more incredibly stupid decision made to nerf dungeons. Seriously, what a terrible idea.

From the blog post by Colin.
Coins will be removed from the current bosses (replaced by the champion reward box listed above) to coincide with this bonus payout for completing each path. And here is the whole Post

Posted by: feydriva.8047

feydriva.8047

Crap, 100 laurels becoming useless… :x
Also, time to sell all your vanilla bean, omnomberry and omnomberry bar. :d

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Most likely the buffs will apply for chests as well. Just like with MF they’ll compensate for it. What’s up with all the negativity here? Come on.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Your infusion won’t stop working.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

You lose one of the main reasons for having it.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

It really sucks but I guess they’ll say gold don’t just drop from dungeon boss.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

You lose the ONLY reason to have it.

And I doubt they change the basic function of this or MF to affect chests.

swiftpaw.6397

At least they are stopping people from running magic find gear sets in there, thankfully.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Two characters wearing gilded infusions, I’d like my 40 laurels back.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

For the people asking for a refund, did you not already made enough money with these?
I mean if you have known about the upcoming changes at the time you bought the infusions, you would not have bought them anyway to farm max gold in the meantime?

I can agree it sucks for the ones being late to the party and that have just bought the infusions, but for people who already farmed a lot with these, asking for a refund is quite debatable imho. ^^

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

If they only cost gold, I wouldn’t care. I just tossed my ranger’s MF gear into the toilet because why the kitten not. But Laurels aren’t gold, and if I’d known that they’d be worthless in 3 months I wouldn’t have bought the infusions.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

That would be insanely kitten to make it become utterly useless for dungeons since it’s the primary reason.
It’s even worse when you see they added Gold Find into the achievement progress.
I think and hope for them they have plans for this not to fail.

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I’m pretty sure they said open world champ loot will get better so maybe they’ll drop some good coin for gold find in the future? Or maybe we’ll just get a laurel refund. Personally, I have Golden Lotus with a magical infusion and another ammy with a guilded infusion…so, yeah. I’m sure they’ll hook us up with something good—I will be watching intently like you guys.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Direksone.3867

Sweet baby jezus. What’s up with all this negativity? Stop and think for a little. You honestly think they just take that away and don’t balance it out elsewhere? “Yea. Let’s revamp the Champion system, give ’em chests. Take away the gold that drops from them too. Oh yea but nevermind all those +gold from mobs infusions, buffs etc. kitten ’em.”

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Good to know i spent my 30 laurels for nothing in the long run :/

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

GF infusions are still great for high lvl DE’s. You are talking about a minimum 1s per mob that drops coin…thats pretty darn good if you ask me.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I think the main problem here is for MF infusion, not gold find, as they might make gold find affect chests too and thus solving the problem

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Empressium.5482

For the people asking for a refund, did you not already made enough money with these?
I mean if you have known about the upcoming changes at the time you bought the infusions, you would not have bought them anyway to farm max gold in the meantime?

I can agree it sucks for the ones being late to the party and that have just bought the infusions, but for people who already farmed a lot with these, asking for a refund is quite debatable imho. ^^

u know the meaning of “bait and switch”?

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Mindlessly running the same dungeon over and over again was not the purpose of that infusion, there is nothing to refund.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

u know the meaning of “bait and switch”?

True that changes aren’t something bound to happen in a mmo, it’s something really unexpected to say the least. True also that nobody was expecting a nerf to the money made from our beloved cof p1. I guess you’re willing to give back the money you made with the infusions to get back these laurels too btw?

swiftpaw.6397

Mindlessly running the same dungeon over and over again was not the purpose of that infusion, there is nothing to refund.

Please tell me what the purpose of that infusion was, I’m begging to know.
Also not sure where I stated that it was to be used to run the same dungeon over and over.

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I don’t really see a great argument for why people should be refunded on the infusions. They made a lot of gold thanks to them, it’s not like it was a bad investment. Not all investments stay good forever.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I made like 10 silver with mine because i stopped aying guardian once i geared him… :p

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I made like 10 silver with mine because i stopped using my guardian once i geared him… :p

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I don’t really see a great argument for why people should be refunded on the infusions. They made a lot of gold thanks to them, it’s not like it was a bad investment. Not all investments stay good forever.

A-net: Guys, we have some great news for you. Tomorrow, we nerf damage of all your weapons to 1! So you will be forced to get all new weapons. It’s fun!
Players: Wat… why? We don’t want it! At least, give us some compensation!
A-net: Lol, you already do enough damage with current weapons, so no refund for you. Stop complaining!
Players: …

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I didn’t know that damage was a currency.

Posted by: James.5409

James.5409

any idea when will anet be implementing this?

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

any idea when will anet be implementing this?

Yes, in this half of 2013.

Direksone.3867

A-net: Guys, we have some great news for you. Tomorrow, we nerf damage of all your weapons to 1! So you will be forced to get all new weapons. It’s fun!
A-net: Lol, you already do enough damage with current weapons, so no refund for you. Stop complaining!

You’re just making silly assumptions. They have never said they won’t be compensating players or something. They will with MF and probably also with this.

“+% of gold dropped from monsters and chests” HUZZA FIXED! Super hard to think of, right?!

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

You are correct…the intention of that infusion was to sit around in L.A. doing nothing…how dare you people use it in Dungeons! Or anywhere else for that matter! The nerve of some people…

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Sweet baby jezus. What’s up with all this negativity? Stop and think for a little. You honestly think they just take that away and don’t balance it out elsewhere? “Yea. Let’s revamp the Champion system, give ’em chests. Take away the gold that drops from them too. Oh yea but nevermind all those +gold from mobs infusions, buffs etc. kitten ’em.”

You’re an idiot if you honestly think they give a kitten about all the laurels that were spent on the to-be-useless gold find infusions by dungeon grinders. Also to the guy that said they weren’t added to grind dungeons over and over again, what other enemy reliably drops a large enough amount of coin to make a mere 20% increase even CLOSE to worth 20 laurels. Are we even playing the same video game?

[DnT]

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

If open world champions get better loot drops like they say, gold find will still be nice. I think ANET does care—they know how much dedication gets 20 laurels. I’m pretty sure we’re going to get hooked up.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

You’re just making silly assumptions. They have never said they won’t be compensating players or something. They will with MF and probably also with this.

“+% of gold dropped from monsters and chests” HUZZA FIXED! Super hard to think of, right?!

Yup, it is a very simple solution. Too bad a.net will come up with something like that it would take too long to program that, and maybe we’d see it after a few months (engineer sigils working with kits, then weapon stats working after that.). Calling it now.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

They can just make gold find affect the coin rewards from chests.

They should also let magic find affect the rewards from chests now that they’re changing it to account bound status.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

They’re trying to decrease gold revenue, which will ruin any new players chance at getting legendaries.

Empressium.5482

oh i’m amused no one has ever mentioned the incoming ecto price skyrocket due to massive decrease in ecto supply from thousands of cof farmers salvaging cof tokens!oh and teh 23 july patch notes didn’t mentioned anythin bout cof lol

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I don’t think it makes that much different in ecto supply. cof farm is mostly for the boss gold drop not the token. In fact, you usually get only ~100 if you run p1 over and over on the same char.