Got bored so I soloed CoE

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Am a thief, if you care to watch it here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eTMPvF_uAI&feature=youtu.be

Path 2. Was really easy but only because CoE is designed for thieves. Almost feels like cheating :P

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

randomfightfan.4091

My bad, forgot about the processing process :P Is up now though.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Lol.
I just leeched a run from someone doing same xD.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

@Dub, yeah, guess why I decided to try CoE solo. As soon as I saw this thread, I grabbed my thief. And now I’ll watch the video

Posted by: Rachel.1249

Rachel.1249

U are pretty good in this, and I bet u have taken more than half an hour to complete Coe path 2 from those fast forwarded images in the video!To “solo” Coe path2 means u have to do everything by yourself in the dungeon .If u still need pple to help u shutdown those lasery stuffs, u are nt soloing .Instead it should be call “clearing all the minions and bosses” in coe path 2 only"!Anyway u are awesome:)

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Really good. Still, how long did it actually take? Soloing the dungeon probably takes too long to be worth the effort in the end. So, you can’t just get past the lasers yourself and ignore them? Yet another reason they should be removed.

randomfightfan.4091

It took me a little over 1h to do the entire thing but about 10 minutes of that was fighting with spire at the beginning (she likes to fight and die). I could have saved another 5 or so if I glitched the robot boss so I wouldn’t have to deal with perma protection/retaliation/regen/cleansing but if I did that then this wouldn’t have been a very legit solo.

If you watch my other CoE vid where I kill all the 1st alphas, at the end I ran past the lazers and showed you exactly why you need people to join you for the lazers. There is no possible way to get to the next boss solo. It’s the same as CoF getting the 3 boulders past then needing 4 people to stand in a circle and another on the gate controller. It doesn’t matter how good you are, you can’t split yourself up to pass some team-centred game design. If this was a few months ago then I could have blinked through the door but anet has recently fixed that little exploit so it is no longer possible to get past the lazers solo.

With that said, too all the people saying how it wasn’t a real solo b/c I got help on the lazers, go ahead and just do CoE and try to solo the lazers. It’s really frustrating having everyone jump on me because I didn’t solo something that’s impossible to solo.

Posted by: Xodus.7291

Xodus.7291

I know you did it because you were bored but a quick question, Guild Wars 2 loot system doesn’t account for the number of people in your party right? you don’t get more chances because you solo it right?

and nice video! but I kind of got bored during the fast forward parts, maybe music next time?

randomfightfan.4091

yea the game doesn’t compensate for solo effort (idk why, is why there should be a mf buff in dungeons spread about the team) but it makes the game a challenge, and to me, fun.

I really wanted to put music in but EVERY TIME I’ve put music in a video I’ve been slapped with a freaking copyright claim by youtube. I could use 1 audio track from youtube for my video but that’s the problem, just 1. They won’t even let you loop the audio to cover the length of the video and if I used one in that video, the dead air would have been even more out of place. The only thing I’ve been able to do is cut some videos to the end (don’t like to do unless it’s a boring fight) and keep the in-game sound or fast forward the video and lose the sound.

If you have any advice on how to not get slapped with copyright cases I’d love to hear it!

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

If you have any advice on how to not get slapped with copyright cases I’d love to hear it!

There’s plenty of music that doesn’t have copyrights on it. Just don’t use anything from popular artists. I like to use anime or remixed game music in my videos, and never had issues with copyright.
You could always play some random Guild Wars 2 music over your videos, sounds nice, and is better than complete silence.=p

I never knew turning off the lasers was mandatory. That’s kind of strange, you’d guess turning off the lasers would be just a convenience thing to help the 2 lowest skilled jumpers get past it.
Impressive to completely solo that Alpha guy. I guess Thief’s probably the best choice for doing so since they get the most teleports?

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

If they gave a solo buff that was significant better, teams would find a way to 4 people join, take boss to 10 percent, leave, and split loot if it was something like 10g.

randomfightfan.4091

There’s plenty of music that doesn’t have copyrights on it. Just don’t use anything from popular artists. I like to use anime or remixed game music in my videos, and never had issues with copyright.
You could always play some random Guild Wars 2 music over your videos, sounds nice, and is better than complete silence.=p

I never knew turning off the lasers was mandatory. That’s kind of strange, you’d guess turning off the lasers would be just a convenience thing to help the 2 lowest skilled jumpers get past it.
Impressive to completely solo that Alpha guy. I guess Thief’s probably the best choice for doing so since they get the most teleports?

Thanks lots for the advice

Also being a thief solo is kind of a coincidence. I like playing thief, play it all the time. Got tired of people saying my class is bad and people kicking me from dungeons just cause I’m a thief. That’s why I solo dungeon on my thief. If I played war I’d do them on it but I just don’t find war to be much fun.

If they gave a solo buff that was significant better, teams would find a way to 4 people join, take boss to 10 percent, leave, and split loot if it was something like 10g.

wouldn’t make a difference because my idea is say a 200% increase for the group. Guy solos, he gets the whole 200%. Group of 4, each get 50%. Group of 5, 40%. Nothing there to take advantage of I don’t think. With that said, not like anet is going to put anything in place like that. They are great and listen to their players a lot more than many other companies but I don’t think even they are going to give +gear find in dungeons just to make people happy/reward the effort.

randomfightfan.4091

Thanks again for this tip! Got the gw2 audio now so on my next vids I should be covered. If this gets infringed then idk what I’ll do :P Last time I put in some gears of war music and not even that was allowed

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Try out “nocopyrightmusic” (channel) on youtube, if you find anything good there you can be 99,9% sure that you are allowed to use it.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

It does not matter if 4 people leave the party or the host kick all the party members. When that is done, the last person gets kicked out.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Makes me really sad people would actually be stupid enough to kick your thief from groups. Something tells me they haven’t had an amazing venomshare thief or a good thief that knows how to use shadow refuge and projectile destruction.

randomfightfan.4091

I get their logic but still don’t understand why people kick certain classes. Sure it’s easier for other classes to succeed but if someone’s playing a class at high end content, odds are they know what they’re doing and will bring something awesome to the team. Some people don’t want to give people the chance b/c they’d rather assume everyone sucks until proven good.

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

Am a thief, if you care to watch it here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eTMPvF_uAI&feature=youtu.be

Path 2. Was really easy but only because CoE is designed for thieves. Almost feels like cheating :P

actually you are, but you don’t know it

randomfightfan.4091

^
oooo…….k?

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Nice. I just started leveling a thief but I find they can’t take much punishment at all and lack decent healing. Mind you I’m not even lvl 20 so that is probably why. lol.

I soloed Ascalonian Catacombs last night with my ranger. Lowest level dungeon so probably the easiest to solo. Did it with my lvl 60 ranger wearing lvl 50 rare gear.

randomfightfan.4091

don’t sell yourself short deamhan, that’s quite an accomplishment! All dungeons in this game are balanced around 5 people teams. And yea, thief gets significantly better at higher levels. They can really suck to lvl but when you get it to 80, you’ll most likely be glad you did.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Thief is like mesmer. Rough start without all your tools but becomes pretty strong as you get your kit.

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

I got bored so I solo’d a bunny

AmateurNet

randomfightfan.4091

vid or it didn’t happen

Nihilus.3015

vid or it didn’t happen

IT HAPPENED

Attachments:

AmateurNet

(edited by Nihilus.3015)

Posted by: mginn.4502

mginn.4502

vid or it didn’t happen

IT HAPPENED

This looks shopped. I can tell from the pixels. I’ve seen quite a few shops in my time.

On-topic: Nicely done randomfightfan.

Nihilus.3015

vid or it didn’t happen

IT HAPPENED

This looks shopped. I can tell from the pixels. I’ve seen quite a few shops in my time.

On-topic: Nicely done randomfightfan.

:D

AmateurNet

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

randomfightfan, nice job. I just have one critique: it would’ve been much faster if you used the subversion rifles on the golems. I solo that boss a lot in PUGs. Usually they would clear the mobs while I run ahead into the boss room.

Anyways, not sure if you know this, but if you use rifle skill 1 on golem and there are no patches in between it and the boss, they will move a set distance. So you gotta use it when 1) they’re close enough to the boss and 2) when you haven’t taken their aggro. So in effect, you’d be using skill 1 all day on one golem after another.

randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan, nice job. I just have one critique: it would’ve been much faster if you used the subversion rifles on the golems. I solo that boss a lot in PUGs. Usually they would clear the mobs while I run ahead into the boss room.

Anyways, not sure if you know this, but if you use rifle skill 1 on golem and there are no patches in between it and the boss, they will move a set distance. So you gotta use it when 1) they’re close enough to the boss and 2) when you haven’t taken their aggro. So in effect, you’d be using skill 1 all day on one golem after another.

sorry mate but you’re wrong on that one. It’s a lot faster to not use the rifle and a lot less buggy. Also not using the rifle makes it so you can get hits in easier so you get loot from the boss. Lots of the time a player using the rifle won’t get loot. Last I used the rifle it was so buggy and would rarely work. Even when you’re shooting the golems they still often don’t walk all the way to the boss and sometimes don’t even move at all. When you manually bring them in you also get 3-4 bombs in at once instead of 1. The trick I used does go by faster on a guard or warrior or engi b/c they can use perma swift so some bombs don’t prematurely detonate behind you and can also block the boss’s slap so you get in closer, making sure all the bombs will land.