Got kicked from 4th fractal level 50

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: AtriustheGod.6785

AtriustheGod.6785

A group of 4 guild members on the Blackgate server kicked me during the Molten Boss fractal so they could invite a guild member in my place. I spent 2.5 hours with them and suffered through the dredge and then I got booted.

They claim that they kicked me because I was “dragging down the party” but I wasn’t. I had enough AR and was pulling my own weight, doing exactly what I was told and supporting the party.

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

You my friend might need to find another guild.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

What was the guild name?

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

We should have a name-and-shame list for those griefing guilds!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Name shaming is not allowed on forums, so put it on reddit. Lol

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Even though Anet refuses to do anything or acknolwedge this problem exists, they wouldn’t allow this response.

Also, it would be completely possible for somebody to have an issue with a guild and just say they got kicked by this guild to give them a bad name. Like… I got kicked by [CRZY] at the boss because I was wearing COF gear. =) Didn’t happen, just an example.

@OP, sorry, if that happened then that really sucks =(.

RIP in peace Robert

Lilith Ajit.6173

Even though Anet refuses to do anything or acknolwedge this problem exists, they wouldn’t allow this response.

Also, it would be completely possible for somebody to have an issue with a guild and just say they got kicked by this guild to give them a bad name. Like… I got kicked by [CRZY] at the boss because I was wearing COF gear. =) Didn’t happen, just an example.

@OP, sorry, if that happened then that really sucks =(.

>.> hey now [CRZY] doesn’t do that lol.

I know you were just using it as an example, but….. Lol

You’re right though I might kick you if i don’t like how you look. Lol

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

AtriustheGod.6785

I don’t remember the guild name, but I do remember the player names. But, as I was already aware, name dropping is not allowed.

I reported them, but what a fat load of good that’s going to do, considering I still see the same bot patrol in Diessa Plateau I reported three months ago.

This is the third failed attempt at Fractal level 50 I’ve had in three days now.
The first time I hosted and two of the party members left mid 2nd fractal because of a patch and we couldn’t replace them (because of the patch)
The second time we spent an hour on the grawl boss and then the party leader gave up.

I just want to get this over with so I can never do it again

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Time to gear check!

AtriustheGod.6785

It had nothing to do with gear, or skill. I had 70 AR and was playing on an equal level as everyone else, and the party never once complained about my playing. The only thing they ever said in regards to my contribution was to make sure I used Chains of Light under the lava buckets and I said, I was doing so. And I salvaged the fight that we did win when the lava pourer drew the aggro and missed the opportunity to pour, I chains of lighted him in the right spot AND poured the lava to make sure the boss didn’t recover.

They didn’t complain or anything, they just booted me in the 4th fractal. The only reason why they gave me any explanation was because I messaged them immediately (which, by the way, the names STILL disappear after you get booted from the party even though Anet said they fixed that, I just happen to have a good memory) and three of the four members blamed the kick on someone else (which is obviously a lie, you need two to boot). One of them felt bad because I told him how kittenty of a week I’ve been having because my grandfather just died and how upset I was about them wasting my time and he gave me his spot, and that’s how I saw the fifth guild member who was obviously the reason that they booted me in the first place. I got downed while I was trying to rez the downed mesmer, then other party members then rezzed the mesmer, ignored me and let me die, and then booted me because “they just couldn’t deal with me anymore” and invited the other guy who gave me his spot back in.

(edited by AtriustheGod.6785)

J Eberle.9312

Not referring to AR. If you gear check the pugs that join, you can filter out the problems before you even start. There are still people in celestials running around -_-

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

Not referring to AR. If you gear check the pugs that join, you can filter out the problems before you even start. There are still people in celestials running around -_-

This doesn’t really work anymore. I got a pug during a frac that we kicked (not a 50 so it’s not OP) who pinged zerker gear with scholar and everything, but then went and did things like use hammer all the time (on a warrior, not guard) and literally had no dps when observed on his own against a mob. He could take a lot of hits too. I’m pretty sure he had two sets of armor with different stats. And the only time I saw a greatsword it had the taint of ascended healing power.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

AtriustheGod.6785

There was no gear check in the beginning, or mention of a specific gear requirement in the LFG that they posted. The only requirement was 70+ AR. I even asked them when I joined if they wanted me to play a warrior or guardian, I have both with 70+ AR and they said guardian.

I always honor those people that ask for 80s only, or specific classes, or specific builds by either joining with that specific class/build or by not joining if I don’t have what they want. I respect people wanting to run the dungeon their way. But if there’s no mention of it at all in the first fractals, no complaint about what I’m doing, then all of a sudden it shouldn’t magically become an issue on the final boss. They were obviously kicking me to give their guild member the loot instead of me.

Not to mention, I spied on them by putting them on my friend’s list, and they were still in Fotm for at least 45 minutes after kicking me. If I was really the problem, why did it still take them over a half an hour to kill the molten duo without me?

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

I use the healing power ascended skin for my zerk gears, lol. But using a hammer on warrior is very questionable for PvE.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

J Eberle.9312

OP- I am recommending you do it. Make your own party and check them instead of jumping into a random one where you don’t know what you are getting. Guild groups are shady and random pugs are just that, random. A one hour shaman fight is something you want to avoid.

@ Nikaido- Yes, gearchecking does not ensure that people are decent, however it can increase the likelihood. I still have good success with it.

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

I hear stories of these kicks, so I never join as a pug to Fractals. I usually have at least someone else (usually I do it with 2 others) with me who starts the Fractal together.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

AtriustheGod.6785

J Eberle- Oh, I see. I was under the impression that you were telling me that my gear was no good. That makes more sense.

I’m definitely burned out right now. I think I’m going to wait until my friends are ready to do level 50 and run it with them. Then even if it take 6 hours I’ll be with people I like.

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

@ Atrius: I thought Clara and the gang were already at 50, or pretty close to it? So why don’t you just do it with them? I mean, it can’t be THAT bad… at least, not 6 hours bad. lol

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

There’s no evidence that Anet cares about this issue, so:

• Don’t pug in a group with more than 1 member from the same guild.
  • Enter the instance first so that if you’re kicked the instance is wiped for everyone.

AtriustheGod.6785

@ Anierna- When I said “even if it takes 6 hours” I was referring to the 6 hours I’ve already spent unsuccessfully in Fotm 50 with PUGs, I wasn’t trying to predict a run with people I know. I was saying that I wouldn’t mind playing that long with friends, where as with strangers it just makes me want to tear my hair out.

I have run 49 with Clara and the gang and we’ve been very successful. Unfortunately, their AR is mostly in the 45 to 55 range right now, and I’m not sure if they have any plans on raising that to 70+. (And my other friends from not UGF have even lower fractal levels and AR)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Name shaming is not allowed on forums, so put it on reddit. Lol

Put it on Reddit and I’ll sig it. LOL.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

AtriustheGod.6785

Lol it censored 45 – 55 as kitten. What is offensive about that?

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

It’s 1337speak!

J Eberle.9312

I got called out on reddit once for being an elitist when I kicked a guy in magic find after my dungeon run. I actually let him get the reward and kicked him after so I wouldn’t have to take him for the next path.. Was he having any of that? oh looooordy no. Rage ensued on reddit until his ramblings were eventually removed for calling out. It was pretty funny though.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I feel for you. I hate getting kicked for no reason because someone needs to be coasted through. Should start making it a rule if your brought in near the end of a run your chest reward is effected and your not given credit for completely it. The last time I got kicked from a dungeon at the end it was “because your a elementalist” you couldn’t begin to imagine how much I wanted to reach through my screen and plant his face into the keyboard for that kind of excuse.

#ELEtism

(edited by Chaotic Storm.2815)

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

There’s no evidence that Anet cares about this issue, so:

• Don’t pug in a group with more than 1 member from the same guild.
  • Enter the instance first so that if you’re kicked the instance is wiped for everyone.

That – although grouping might get slightly difficult if everybody insists on opening the instance.
In regards to teaming up with a guild: If something goes wrong, you will be blamed. Simply because you are the filler. It really doesn’t matter if you screwed up or not.

If you pug a lot, you will get a feeling when it is a group you don’t want to be a part of.
This goes for the group setup as well as the attitude.
One indicator I found rather useful when (partly) grouping with another guild is to see if they are capable of a simple “hello” and basic strategy communication. As mundane as it sounds, this really helps to sort out bad apples.

Also, if people put up a lfg that gently hints towards an addiction to capital letters and exclamation marks, you might want to reconsider joining.

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

Eh, I had a different but related thing happen. One of the players on our team was relying on his greatsword to meet the AR requirement for level 49. He was fine and dandy until we got to the fourth fractal, the Molten duo. We realized right away what was going on. He’d switch to his bow and would basically be insta-downed by any agony attack. Three of us were fine with it, since he was actually useful for the first 3 fractals. The fourth guy was spamming kick votes the entirety of the boss fight, even when it was already clear that we were going to win. It got to the point where we kicked that guy instead to get him to stop.

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

I wasn’t kicked, but I ran a few dungeons before with guilds of really, really bad players.

There is no player as bad as a bad player who thinks he’s good. And if one of them is bad enough, 4 of them together is even worse. I had to pull my ele into the dungeon for CoFp2 because they couldn’t tank, couldn’t damage, couldn’t focus, couldn’t focus the Assassins, etc.

The ele works in that situation because it can single handedly wipe the whole mob group repeatedly, and that was the only way to deal with that situation given all four of them were literally useless. The last part with Baelfire was difficult as well given how they don’t listen to instructions and insist on killing acolytes one by one, so I had to run the opposite direction as them and spam FGS. I did 90+% of damage to the boss, alone… before any of them could reach the centre, because with their fooling around with single acolyte kills the boss predictably regains invulnerability before they can reach.

On another occasion for a high level fractal, I was with another 4 man noob guild where all 4 of them were bad (though not as bad as earlier), and the 4th had <20 AR. I had to bring in revive orbs on the Molten boss to get it to phase 2. Then my ISP disconnected me at phase 2 start, and they completed the fractal without waiting even 30 seconds. Bear in mind the fractal took 2.5 hours because I was carrying all 4 of them through every previous fractal as well.

PuGs are way better.

When joining a party, check for AP. If all 4 of them have <4000 AP, be wary. If you enter and realise that all 4 of them are in the same guild, quit at the start. It’s not worth the very likely headache. On the contrary, <4000 AP PuGs are ok because they don’t have the ‘idiocy in numbers’ Grandmaster level trait.

I wonder. Is the guild tag of the players who griefed you a 4 letter guild tag starting with the letter D?

(edited by Hayashi.3416)

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

I wonder. Is the guild tag of the players who griefed you a 4 letter guild tag starting with the letter D?

What are you implying?

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

What are you implying?

That DnT only has 3 characters

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

If I ever have to pug 49 or 50 fractal I friend the players I don’t know in case they decide to kick me. It’s never happened but I want to be able to bash them if it does.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I was really upset once because the party leader of my level 38 was like “gotta go, wow raid now” and kicked us out at the end of the third fractal. I was so upset, my guild leader went all white knight and guested onto their server, and gave a PSA about the guild and the person who destroyed/started the instance.

It was awesome. And I felt better. Lol

[ARES]

Ethics.4519

he gave me his spot, and that’s how I saw the fifth guild member who was obviously the reason that they booted me in the first place.

How did you see this “5th” member?

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This actually happened to me in CoE the other day. I have never had this happen to me before but they were running teleporter path, the LFG looked normal, I joined and we had conversation and things seemed fine and the run began. They were pretty bad and had no idea how to properly stack or whatever; the run was admittedly pretty bad and I was carrying them pretty hard. After the evolved husk, though, I got a load screen and was kicked to Mount Maelstrom. I had their names and whispered them and they all said “oh my god I’m new I have no idea what happened” so I kept saying “invite me back then” and when I would invite myself to their group, they’d deny it. Eventually the group wound up being full again without ever going back to the LFG. It was really peculiar. I ended up reporting the lot to ANet via support ticket and who knows if that’ll do anything, but yeah.

Best thing you can do is take screenshots of the players if you see multiple players from the same guild. Also make an effort to be the one who enters if you can. That discourages this sort of behavior.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

maaaan those gearcheck is way not needed you can go full pvt gear full zerker whatever it doens’t matter all those fractals are completable with every Kind of gear if you Play nicely together. Failing at shaman is no gear issue there were People doing it on scale 80 and doing it naked on scale 80… it’s just not about gear.. this game is not WoW where the fail Comes because of to less dps you can easely carry a Team wearing full pvt armor at grawl … I played to scale 81 with 5 AR and pirate runes with a kittenty condition gear at least till 55 …

Just stop judging People about they’re class or gear in fractals: ALL classes and all gear is viable to complete fractal scales that are released! if you fail especially at grawl it’s just a fail because of your skill teamcooridnation not because of gear…

first scale 81 fractals

J Eberle.9312

Not sure if srs >_>

Ethics.4519

Not sure if srs >_>

From what I’ve seen of Patrikan, and his posts in the fractured update, I think he’s just playing the devil’s advocate =)

RIP in peace Robert

Lilith Ajit.6173

Not sure if srs >_>

From what I’ve seen of Patrikan, and his posts in the fractured update, I think he’s just playing the devil’s advocate =)

I’m not as sure as you are. But maybe…. Maybe….

o.o….

[ARES]

Anierna.6918

I’m sure I shouldn’t be “feeding the troll,” so to speak, and I’m sure everyone already knows this standard response to posts similar to Patrikan’s, but I feel obligated to say it again anyway.

It’s not a question of “viable”; it’s a question of optimal. It’s a matter of speed. Can you complete a fractal/dungeon with PVT? Of course. Will you complete it quickly? Definitely not.

J Eberle.9312

In this community, I will never know if srs T_T

Anierna.6918

In this community, I will never know if srs T_T

QFT

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

such is the consequences of pugs. if you see that you are in a group with 4 players that are in the same guild you better ask if they are going to kick you. screenshot the answer and then play on. If you are kicked then you have evidence of a lie. Can anet do anything? probably not , but they really should do something.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I can sympathize with you but honestly there really needs to remain the option to kick people from a party. I trust that you weren’t doing anything wrong, but imagine if you never could get rid of somebody no matter how horrible they were and incooperative…

What I think they should do instead is to make it so that if it’s a team of 5, EVERY person must be required to vote and hit “yes,” 3 yes votes if it’s a team of 4, 2 yes votes if it’s a team of 3, and make it so that the instance host CANNOT be kicked. The reason for the last suggestion is that since they’re nitwits and tie each instance to one person it’s the only reliable way to get rid of griefers when posting on the LFG…

Once again, I really do sympathize for you. I’ve actually been booted from a level 19 FotM just the other day because I was the only person that WASN’T wiping the moment all of the adds appeared on legendary imbued shaman and instead of intentionally suiciding, tried to get it done so I could revive them. Yes, I was soloing the boss because the rest of the team was totally inept and don’t know how to use reflects or sidestrafe.

It happens. :/

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

There was no gear check in the beginning, or mention of a specific gear requirement in the LFG that they posted. The only requirement was 70+ AR. I even asked them when I joined if they wanted me to play a warrior or guardian, I have both with 70+ AR and they said guardian.

I always honor those people that ask for 80s only, or specific classes, or specific builds by either joining with that specific class/build or by not joining if I don’t have what they want. I respect people wanting to run the dungeon their way. But if there’s no mention of it at all in the first fractals, no complaint about what I’m doing, then all of a sudden it shouldn’t magically become an issue on the final boss. They were obviously kicking me to give their guild member the loot instead of me.

Not to mention, I spied on them by putting them on my friend’s list, and they were still in Fotm for at least 45 minutes after kicking me. If I was really the problem, why did it still take them over a half an hour to kill the molten duo without me?

Judging from everything you’ve stated regarding the various fractal runs I find it very hard to believe your version of events.

Sure it’s believable that you had bad luck and got kicked from a single group with badly behaving people.

But if it becomes a common trend then I’m inclined to think it’s not them but you. After all the only side of the story we’ve heard so far has been from you and you alone and you refuse to even name the guild in question so people can check up on your story.
People tend to always portray themselves in the most positive light when they complain about things. And while I give them the benefit of a doubt in isolated cases when they portray a whole history of such occurrences I get skeptical.