Grawl Lava Fractal final boss regen

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

I was running it at difficulty 4 when one of my party disconnected and another one fell thru the terrain and couldn’t come back. We decided to continue as this was the last of the three fractals.

However, the imbued shaman was regenerating health way too fast for the three of us to defeat him in any reasonable time. Now, I know it’s a five man dungeon, but this is only level 4. Isn’t the regen a bit too much? Or was I missing some encounter mechanic that would have reduced the boss regen?

Posted by: diablodropout.8670

diablodropout.8670

unfortunately I can’t give any sympathy there for the 3-man issue. a lot of dungeons have a 5-man requirement.

it’s more of the disconnect issue plaguing the fractals than the difficulty imo. that is a huge annoying issue.

you could have all unequipped and reset if the 4th person was dead perhaps? even if he falls though and dies a full reset should be possible.

(edited by diablodropout.8670)

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

First off I really don’t see why the rest of us should be punished for a disconnect and a terrain glitch (both ANet’s fault as well as the lack of any way for those players to rejoin us which is absurd).

Secondly, it was only d4. Not 14. The regeneration was out of line (provided I didn’t miss a way to counter it).

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I’ve never seen it regen, unless you ALLOWED him to reach a human to sacrifice. You’re just meant to destroy his bubble before he gets there.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Sender.7958

Sender.7958

I guess OP meant they couldn’t pop the bubble because they were down to 3 party members.

OP you can’t expect Anet to tune the difficulty around whether or not you lose 2 party members, that would essentially make it a 3 man encounter. That being said, the root cause of the problem here is the stupid DC problem in fractals. If people could rejoin after DC-ing this wouldn’t be an issue. I know they’ve said they’re working on it, that’s good, but til then I won’t invest too much time in the higher levels, will stick to D5 or less.