dhyun.7549

credit – sacred suicide, amazinghappened, larry livingston, go back to work

BG Commander
[Never Die] Hyun D

Grawl Shaman at FOTM level 54

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

And what do I see there? Not one, but two Rangers! This has inspired me to continue leveling my Rangers despite what the naysayers say!

Good job!

(Nice music choice btw…)

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

And what do I see there? Not one, but two Rangers! This has inspired me to continue leveling my Rangers despite what the naysayers say!

Good job!

(Nice music choice btw…)

Haha, I thought the same things when I saw two rangers too. Anyway well done guys. Lvl 54, just thinking about it makes my head spin (only lvl 23 here ^^).
Any informations on what builds are these guardians running?

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

How was the loot in the chest ?

GG

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

It’s solid gameplay, but it’s not because of the rangers. Just look a the numbers, the guy who made the video is barely more than a glass cannon and look at the dmg he pulls, also look at how DEAD that pet is, all the time :-)
FIX the rangeR!

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

It’s solid gameplay, but it’s not because of the rangers. Just look a the numbers, the guy who made the video is barely more than a glass cannon and look at the dmg he pulls, also look at how DEAD that pet is, all the time :-)
FIX the rangeR!

Actually rangers are integral to the strategy here. They’re chaining the entangle. The boss stays immobilized, and thus not deadly at all, the guardians then pull all the elementals into 1 spot and they get DPS’d down, then they switch back to the boss.

the fight is basically

Guardians:
Reflect attacks
Sanctuary for the elementals
Pull the elementals
AoE DPS
Sanctuary/wall of reflection revives

Thief:
AoE DPS
Stealth reviving

Ranger:
Entangle boss 3 times throughout fight
Barrage the elementals
pew pew pew

Im curious however about the amount of people who will hold this up as a reason why rangers are viable, despite very few rangers I know using entangle for this boss, and most bosses in fractal not being phased by entangle at all.

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

Pets are just horrible and need BIG buffs, yet rangers themselves deal huge on-target damage, while being quite durable.

Posted by: Bas.8976

Bas.8976

Any chance to post your Ranger build/armour setup?

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

I’d probably be up on those levels by now if the RNG gods had blessed me too.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: dhyun.7549

dhyun.7549

I am using 30/20/20 (steady focus, piercing arrow, eagle eye, sharpened edge, quick draw, wilderness knowledge, hide in plain sight) in this vid and sometimes 30/25/15 with extra 10% while flanking. Armors and trinkets are full berserker + using rune of eagle, hope this helped.

BG Commander
[Never Die] Hyun D

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

I’ve been thinking about taking wall of reflection/spirit shield for the shaman fight as I do for the harpy/asura fractal. But seeing how in the PUG I played with, most of the time people don’t really make use of them, I generally don’t and just pick the bubble on rez. At my lvl, it’s not really that difficult yet but I’ll guess on later levels, it will be a good strat.

Posted by: PlaneWalker.8346

PlaneWalker.8346

Before I saw the video, I tell myself " they should have at least one guard, maybe two."

Then what I saw, TWO guradians. That’s why they pass, not because the ranger nor the thief.

In this fight (maybe others as well), more guardian makes it easier.

Posted by: dhyun.7549

dhyun.7549

I know a lot of pug groups who failed at level 30+ just at this map even they had two or even 3 guardian at 40+. Then they tell to themselves, “oh we did not need more guardian instead more AOE or DPS for those lavas.” I admit the fact that our two good guardians played a crucial role up to this level, but I want to point out that having 2+ guardians does not simply mean clearing this map.

BG Commander
[Never Die] Hyun D

Posted by: PlaneWalker.8346

PlaneWalker.8346

I know a lot of pug groups who failed at level 30+ just at this map even they had two or even 3 guardian at 40+. Then they tell to themselves, “oh we did not need more guardian instead more AOE or DPS for those lavas.” I admit the fact that our two good guardians played a crucial role up to this level, but I want to point out that having 2+ guardians does not simply mean clearing this map.

You are right, at some points. But still 2 guradians make this fight at least 50% easier. Although I haven’t got lvl 50+ yet, but still base on my experience in a high fotm lvl it’s almost impossible to do this fight without guardian (shout war may possible?). So that doesn’t other members didn’t do good job, just mean sometimes you really need a class no matter how hard others play. This is some design errors maybe.

Posted by: MyGWAccount.7325

MyGWAccount.7325

Any chance to post your Ranger build/armour setup?

hey im Go Back To Work in that video.

i was running a 30/25/10/0/5 trait build with i,vii,x / ii, x / iii traited respectively.
my utilities were Heal as One / Signet of the Wild / Sharpening Stone / Quickening Zyphyer / Entangle

from the looks of it, i was running my mf gear in that run lol. power/percision/mf with 5runes of pirate and 1rune of the traveler.

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

My friend is interessed in the build of the thief, if it’s possible.

Nice job getting this high.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Not a big task, when you know how to cheat maw, because actually you cannot even survive a lv50 run not instawiped with ingame def. An example? Revive orbs. Gem store, obiouvsly, or random lucky reward. Than safe spot cheat, one goes out with stone hitting maw , rinse repeat. Others too. Organize the cheat of the day, and everything is done on this game. And no, the loot doesn’t increase, you get the same exact trash at 50+ than at 1. Blue green trash, sometimes a rare, if very lucky an exo, if it’s your day. One in a million, a fractal weapon from maw chest. No more or less than doing the lv20 daily
Just curious: is a team of koreans playing, or a random pug (i doubt)?
I’m used to see koreans on top of every game, best videogame players worldwide

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

Posted by: Shini.7542

Shini.7542

from the looks of it, i was running my mf gear in that run lol. power/percision/mf with 5runes of pirate and 1rune of the traveler.

Already was wondering about the low crits if it was full berserk as stated before (playing that way as well) but mf explains it
Personally never though about the root because most mobs just insta kill it. But yeah, the boss is passive while he has his bubble/stacks so its a full 20s root, good idea indeed.

Just to add sth to thief:
beside dps/aoe dps and stealth res there is also the possibility to use smoke screen which means 7s of absorbing most ranged attacks, works for his agony attack as well and for the root of the larvas. But I’m not seeing other thiefs using it often.

edit:
stupid quoting messed my post up

[IL] Shinis (Thief+Ranger)
Dzagonur

(edited by Shini.7542)

Posted by: Bas.8976

Bas.8976

Thanks for the Ranger builds! I’m a Guardian myself, but my Ranger buddy was wondering about high-level FotM builds, so this is great help!

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

did you report your two pets for leeching? i hope they’re banned for 72h!

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

Actually against that boss the pet can be alive the majority of time (I use jaguar/hawk pets on it without any problem). Pretty much the only thing that will “kill” the pet is the fire rain the boss does once in a while where if you swap your pet at that time you keep it alive. That boss rarely shoots agony on the pets (pretty much never if they are melee pets)

If i had to guess…they all did “low DPS” on purpose to have entangle ready to kill larvas easily and make it a safe fight.

(edited by Sleepy.2647)