Grawl fractal incredibly bugged

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Just did Grawl Fractal, and it was IMPOSSIBLE. The lava debuff you get at the final boss won’t go away, not even when you die, so others can’t res you, not even when you ‘retry from checkpoint’, and not even when you return to dessa’s lab! We had to quit the entire fractals because my entire party had the Lava debuff… Also my armor was entirly destroyed…

IS VERY FRUSTRATED ATM

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Posted by: Confessor.8957

Confessor.8957

We had to also abandon this frac last night. The only way to stop the debuff was to log out to desktop and go back in. Then when you re-enter the frac, you would insta die and then your group could res you. But, eventually we all had the debuff and had to give up. Very frustrating.

Posted by: Vitrol.1576

Vitrol.1576

We ran into this last night as well. The lava was hitting dead players for 3-6k a second. We would wipe and wait for the person to log in and out.

Legendary Shaman also has a nice “feature” where he heals to full for no reason several times a fight. And no, he wasn’t eating the prisoners.

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

We had to also abandon this frac last night. The only way to stop the debuff was to log out to desktop and go back in. Then when you re-enter the frac, you would insta die and then your group could res you. But, eventually we all had the debuff and had to give up. Very frustrating.

You dont need to logout to desktop, just relog to character selection.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. We are able to reproduce this if players die in the pools of lava during the final shaman boss fight, and I am working on a solution for this.
Did you notice this happening anywhere other than the pools of lava in the final fight?

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. We are able to reproduce this if players die in the pools of lava during the final shaman boss fight, and I am working on a solution for this.
Did you notice this happening anywhere other than the pools of lava in the final fight?

You can try this in the dredge fractals. There is also a lava river at the beginning people sometimes leap or charge into by accident from the ramps above.

Posted by: Odin.4285

Odin.4285

We ran this fractal last night and were successful, though one player in our party did experience the 1hr lava debuff that would not go away. It appeared to only occur when a player died in the lava pool, based on our experience.

Posted by: Haley.2390

Haley.2390

I had this problem occur to two of my party members during the final fight of CoF Path 3 also. One member was in the lava there and another was on a rock near the lava.

Posted by: Forsaken.6720

Forsaken.6720

ok so you replyed to this stage what about ice elemental in the dredge stage….i did the lava one and we completed this without wiping just fine….

Heavenly Mez – mesmer

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

This also occured in SE p1. First fight some due tried to exploit it and fell into the lava. Then the lava debuff would not go away lol.

Magummadweller

Posted by: Forsaken.6720

Forsaken.6720

This also occured in SE p1. First fight some due tried to exploit it and fell into the lava. Then the lava debuff would not go away lol.

huh dont try to exploit things then :P

Heavenly Mez – mesmer

Posted by: Deanius.5271

Deanius.5271

I can confirm that jumping into the lava on the outside of the “island” and dying does not trigger this glitch, however i also encountered this glitch during the final boss fight

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

Could this continous lava damage be running the SAME script as jade maw’s Agony … hmmmm I wonder -.-

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Could this continous lava damage be running the SAME script as jade maw’s Agony … hmmmm I wonder -.-

I can tell you that in higher levels where you die to Jade Maw that Agony does IN FACT stay even while dead. When your portrait goes grey this usually means your dead dead, we saw that agony is still active.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Environmental effects should not put you on combat mode by themselves, and you should be invulnerable to damage while defeated. That would surely help.

There’s other annoying cases, such as pulsing traps that damage you while they try to revive you, so there would have to be over 3 people to do it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Lothial.7859

Lothial.7859

Just had this happen in our fractals group it was lava pit. Even though the lava graphic was not up. So gnarl fractal = wasted run at the moment hope the fix is fast.

King Fire Rat
eXo
Anvil Rock

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

you should be invulnerable to damage while defeated. That would surely help.

that should be the perfect hotfix. Invulnerable upon death

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

I think I was downed in the lava pool when there was no lava in it. but I died exstremly fast and as far as I can remember the shaman didint hit me.

when I was in hte empty lava pool I kept seeing myself losing hit points. and over twice as much hit points when lava appeared in the pool. rest of the team tried ot revive me but we got wiped. When I revived at checkpoint I have 4 stacks of lava buff on me and killed me instantly. had to log out ot character select to get it off.