Greatsword interruptions while fighting lupi

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

So, I’m meleeing lupi through the second phase and am wailing away at him w my gs attack and he winds up for his big melee attack, and even though i try to dodge it, the attack frames continue and I get ko’d. I try again, thinking that maybe whirlwind will interrupt the attack, but the animation starts, and he gets me again. This is, suffice to say, very aggravating. I’m wondering if it may be a problem w/ my keyboard not registering strokes fast enough or if it’s just the way that it works w/ greatsword and I should switch over to axe/sword as soon as i whirlwind out of his aoe. Has anyone had issues with this as well? I’m hoping that it’s not a hardware problem…

Thanks for the tips!

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Break 100b by moving. I usually hit forward to break the channel and then dodge immediately after. Also, break gs rush by swapping weapons. Works every time.

Posted by: mahariel.4981

mahariel.4981

You have to dodge a little earlier while wielding greatswords for some reason. It’s a bit of a pain but it’s quite easy to play around.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) | [LOD]
Morrï Mahariel | Serah Mahariel | Morrï
A bunch of amateur solos from yours truly

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

The third greatsword auto-attack doesn’t like having its channel broken by a dodge or whirlwind, it’s a pretty big pain.

Basically; no, it’s not a hardware problem. It’s a greatsword auto attack problem, you just have to learn to minimize the risk of getting caught in that channel when lupi uses a skill.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

The swipe is a pretty easy dodge, maybe you have lag or something. How do you do with the kick in p1? You have to whirlwind a tad early because it has a slight delay.

Generally I don’t whirlwind for the phase 2 aoe, I just dodge back and sword block as I walk back to him. Whirlwind is fine for solo, but it’s a little more dangerous when 5 manning because of more aoe’s, so you’re timing has to be good.

Posted by: Nosoyelarty.7268

Nosoyelarty.7268

You can dodge just fine if you are AA’ing but auto takes priority over WWA so you need to wait until the GS swing is completed to be able to use it, you can cancel 100B with WWA though. And as Frifox said, if you don’t have WWA to cancel the 100B channeling you need to move first and then dodge.

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

3rd auto-attack swing always gets me killed, when I know a swipe is coming I’d let the auto-attack run and prepare Whirlwind but I get smacked before it lets me Whirlwind because of the 3rd auto

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Grok Krog.9581

Sword 5 works most of the time for me. I generally dodge backwards then use it. Use a burst skill to refill energy.

Energy isn’t what kills me in phase 3. It’s not staying under him properly and him catching me off guard with a bubble of frenzied blast. Farthest I’ve gotten him is 20%

mahariel.4981

So lupicus is a joke and “u can afk phase 3” but you still can’t do a solo?

Oh atse, you so funny.

(edited by mahariel.4981)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Enable autoattack on skill 1. That allows you break it with stuff.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

If cycling weapons correctly there should be very little GS auto attacking going , let alone finishing the 3rd swing of the chain.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

mahariel.4981

Sometimes I just spam greatsword auto so I can whirlwind through the next attack. Saves me from using some endurance which is nice. Plus if you’ve seen Goku’s solo he pretty much just pushes Lupi to the wall, occasionally presses 2 and then pretty much just greatsword auto attacks for the win, lol.

Grok Krog.9581

I do stack him against the wall but he still moves occassionally trying to get you out from under him. Generally after his raise into the air when I go to get back under him

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

So lupicus is a joke and “u can afk phase 3” but you still can’t do a solo?

Oh atse, you so funny.

I can do a solo with the regen food, I havent tryed to use it in a solo yet. Last time I got him to 25% with no food , so I assume I could do it with the food.

Oh and said the guy who stacks against the wall to faceroll phase 3. GG

PS: energy sigil+ regen food+ eviscerate spam= infinite endruance if you didnt know . Phase 3 is all about dodging , by spamming evades anybody can do it .

You openly admit that you haven’t completed a solo, yet you are sitting here explaining to someone (who knows full well how to solo lupi) how to solo. Atse where is your brain?

[DnT]

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

Yes I admit , I havent completed a solo yet because I dont use the glitch that allows you to afk phase 3. Sorry for fighting bosses the way it was intended by the devs.

So you aren’t good enough to do it without pushing him against the wall?

Nova [rT]

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Guys, and girls if there are any commenting on this thread, I appreciate the help. Please be nice though. I didn’t realize that energy sigil and bowl of orrian truffle stew stacked. Thanks to Iaharl for the training last evening, sorry I had to go. Hope to see you all in game.

Posted by: DivineSlayer.5039

DivineSlayer.5039

Atse if you use an energy Sigil in offhand sword and make use of burst refillers you shouldn’t need regen food…you shouldn’t say lupi is a joke when you can’t even solo with or without energy food…

[DnT] Thief Main

mahariel.4981

Why not just use one of the billion pieces of video recording software available on the internet? If even a complete tech illiterate like myself can record things, I’m sure you can too.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Hardware limitations do exist for some people :>

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

mahariel.4981

You honestly have no friends who you’d let record?

When I solo’d it with DivineSlayer watching it didn’t bother me in the slightest. In hindsight, it probably made me play better considering the 9236262 fails I had after that p2.