Greens in Dungeons

Greens in Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zeronova.1526

Zeronova.1526

I usually play WvW so Im in the habit of only using tanky gear. Now reading the forums it seems that the only armor to be used in Dungeons is Berserkers. So am I better off just using my PVT set or should I get some green bersekers? (I want to get exotics bersekers off CoF and dont want to pay any more gold).

Devona’s Rest

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Green zerker ftw.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

i recommend getting a rare set of berserker armor while you work on your exotics. they’re not too expensive.

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Berserker&Assassin Exotic Armor is like 1g per piece right now. Weapons are also extremely cheap. Don’t buy rares.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Just buy the WvW Berserker Armor?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Greens in Dungeons

Zeronova.1526

I only have 3 gold at the moment so I can use that for the weapons. As for the badges Im back to about 50 badges after buying a sword for my mesmer. Im going after the berserker set from Cof because I like the skin and the stats from it would help me do other dungeons.

Thanks for the ideas so far.

Devona’s Rest

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

If you do a few world event bosses you should get a bit of income to set yourself up for dungeons. Many PvE guilds will call when these bosses come up.

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

If you do a few world event bosses you should get a bit of income to set yourself up for dungeons. Many PvE guilds will call when these bosses come up.

Or track the events on this site:
http://us.gw2stuff.com/en/events/us

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

though I don’t think this will be popular here:
if you go greens with zerker instead of pvt you’ll probably still do more damage (26% less stats, afaik, but you trade 2 useless defensive stats for offensive stats). just please don’t join any speedrun groups with that. look for ‘normal’ groups instead and tell them straight up you’re currently gearing up until you have a full exotic set. you might get kicked from some parties, but there will be ones who don’t mind too much.
buy at least one trinket after each path to improve as fast as you can, since you said you want to buy the armor/weps with tokens.
also, getting an gold is pretty easy if you don’t need massive amounts. you can always do a few world events (gw2stuff.com for their timers) where you can get ~2-3 yellows each to either use or sell at around 30 silvers (don’t salvage anything yet, if you’re that low on money). you should be able to get at least 5 gold in an hour or so, if you can chain those events up, for which the timers help greatly.

and last but not least: since you are undergeared, prepare your dungeon runs. watch some videos of them and read the wiki. if you understand the dungeon and play well you can overcome your stat-handicap at least partially.

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

I would also recommend going for at least “Rare” quality armor with ruby orbs (or ruby crystal if you’re poor) and also using masterwork ruby trinkets (rare trinkets are expensive)

Then gear up asap!

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

^

/15 charrs

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

^

/15 charrs

he already stated he had no badges left and only a few gold to his name. probably a pretty new player who mostly went wvw and thus doesn’t have much of a collection of either gold nor tokens.

I agree, going at least yellow (rare) would be preferable, but it’s not yet in his budget, so greens seem to be the only possible solution. in a casual run, I personally don’t mind a green zerker as much as a full exotic cleric or something similarly hindering with 2 defensive stats. at least it teaches him playing without defensive stats (and armor rating) and will, in the long run, hopefully produce a more capable dungeon player than sticking to his exotic set with only one offensive stat and no need to dodge or heal.

as to the op: do the living story stuff. usually the temporary resources (like the toxic flower thingies last patch, or the giant gifts currently) go for quite a bit of silver and are not that much worth to a new player. check the price of everything on the TP to see if it’s valuable. you really don’t have to farm to get decent gear, just do a few events every day with a high chance of yellows (as others and I mentioned: world events mainly). look into your bank. all those deposited collectibles? they might be worth something and if you’re that much in need of cash you really don’t need those yet.

if you still don’t have at least a yellow set after a week, you simply spent your time wrong and should reevaluate your playstyle (allocate half an hour each playsession to doing world events), at least until you’ve geared up.

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Just do the greens and do CoF1 everyday and you will be good. Maybe a CoF2. Slowly gear it out and get ascended trinkets while you are at it by doing guild missions and such.

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

How could anybody not have badges? Those achievement chests give so many and there’s almost no point in burning badges on siege these days.

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

omg beat me to it..but ya u should try some of the easier dungs. AC P3 or COF1 which is the fastest path with decent group (10min). and speedruns.. you can join if u want who cares, long as you know the path and are pretty sure you wont screw it up. I’m pretty sure most of those who join for ‘speed run zerker only!!’ posts have sub-par gear anyway. Like those noobs who used to join for cof P1 speedruns a few months ago and ping their carrion set with dolyak runes. only thing is now u wont get insta-kicked even if u have terribad gear so..why not join groups like that. and don’t even say you have greens gear, why should you.. why should they care? nowadays its like an affront if they ask u to ping your gear. Besides, I’d take a greens PVT lv67 who knows the path and listens to directions over a garbage 10k AP full zerk kitten who charges into stuff with a YOLO attitude and gets the entire group wiped on the COE P1 console part because they have no idea what they’re doin and just won’t admit it, because they’re soo much more pro than you..

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

With Ascended gear out, zerker exotics are REALLY cheap. Champ farm for a couple hours and you’ll have enough gold to buy a full set.

Greens in Dungeons

Zeronova.1526

I dont have badges because I bought all my chars exotics/ Luarels items from the wvw vendor. I just wanted to know if green would work so I could just get berserkers from dungeons. I dont want to waste gold for an item stat i can get for the dungeons. I pulled my buy order from the tp so i around 200 gold now but im saving it for an item im after. Agian thanks for all the recommendations. I will run with the guild for now and if dps becomes a problem i can pull the temporary greens.

Devona’s Rest

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

If dps is a problem, odds are the other people aren’t pulling their weight either, especially cof.

Greens in Dungeons

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

I usually play WvW so Im in the habit of only using tanky gear. Now reading the forums it seems that the only armor to be used in Dungeons is Berserkers. So am I better off just using my PVT set or should I get some green bersekers? (I want to get exotics bersekers off CoF and dont want to pay any more gold).

Don’t listen to the hype. Dungeons can easily be done with any gear setup. Zerk makes dungeons go by faster typically, but it doesn’t make or break a team.