Group finder abandoned?

Group finder abandoned?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

Hello!

With this new post from Anet, they mentioned the new things coming in end of the january. This will include DC fix for fractals and couple others things too.
So, why I’m worrying about this is; Are we supposed to keep using the “GW2LFG” website in future times too? There isn’t really coming anything like group finder?

The fixes Anet mentioned in their post only would fix Fractals, not other dungeons and so they would be still “hard to find group dungeons”.
Also, I’m not too sure about this whole new fractals new lvl desing. It surely will come with lots of coding errors,( like everything else so far ) and still people will surely have rage againts this whole feature…

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

Group finder abandoned?

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Hey you have to realize it’s very hard to design something like this! .. looks at gw2lfg oh wait no it’s not.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Group finder abandoned?

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

Hey you have to realize it’s very hard to design something like this! .. looks at gw2lfg oh wait no it’s not.

well to be fair (I really want a good LFG system to) the lfg site is alot easier to create than an actual ingame tool. The thing is will they set requirements to queue for things? Will AR be set per level so you dont have people with no AR trying to piggy back on those that have it etc. The system may sound simple, but Im willing to bet a good system wont be quite as easy as we would think.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Group finder abandoned?

Posted by: Koga.7215

Koga.7215

the issues with a real LFG tool is it needs to not just put 5 random players together, but make intelligent options about classes (handle requests from partial groups, avoid groups with 3-4 of same class in the group (they work but only with communication, something that does not exist via in game text chat, not how pgs tend to go)).

gw2lfg is great, but how many times have you used the tool and see 3 light armor, 2 medium, and said well crap i guess we have to kite everything or drop someone and find someone who can take a hit or the consistently to make things much easier.

I am part of a smaller guild (80+ and growing with dedicated active players only), and it is rare we need to bring more then just 1 pug to run things, and gw2lfg does just as good of a job for this as an ingame tool. if your pugin everything and realy feel you need that ingame tool so bad, try finding a guild that does runs things during your playtime and helps their guildmates (that is the point of a guild isnt it?)

Group finder abandoned?

Posted by: Tinsenycro.9206

Tinsenycro.9206

Hi, we rly need a good dungeon finder.Sometimes it takes me an hour to get in to a group , which ruins the gameplay:( Also dungeons are to hardcore; I was in a group with 4 lvl80 players doing Ascalonian catacombs and we couldnt finish a story mode:(
Hope ArenaNet fix these issues soon cause it is really frustrating!

Group finder abandoned?

Timze.7980

Anet already had group finder in GW1. It might have been bit smaller scale group finder but it worked well and people use it all the time so I’m wondering why it got removed from GW2 which uses same engine as GW1 but was modified thought.

It sadly seems that they won’t be providing us this well waited feature in near future. (or at all)

I just thought after reading forums yesterday when they said they would listen more community and do things more based on things the players have said. And now they tell us they have been doing whole new feature which currently have made many people completely upset.

I already said in my other thread earlier that I still trust on things Anet does, but things like this will make it fade away faster than it would normally

Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

(edited by Timze.7980)

Group finder abandoned?

Posted by: Coolit.6827

Coolit.6827

I’d like to see a LFG tool in the future; it would be perfect to package it with the dungeon revamp. RiFT got a server wide tool added in the 2nd content patch then a cross server one in the next patch after community feedback so there’s no reason GW2 can’t have this tool also.

Group finder abandoned?

Timze.7980

I’d like to see a LFG tool in the future; it would be perfect to package it with the dungeon revamp. RiFT got a server wide tool added in the 2nd content patch then a cross server one in the next patch after community feedback so there’s no reason GW2 can’t have this tool also.

The thing is that games with subscription fee get much more content added in them in shorter times since they must keep players happy and listen what comminity wants.

Games that have no subscription fee often get only major patches much more widely times. Also bug fixes and even major fixes can take long times to come to the game.
With good example being this “Fractals DC problem”. It’s being almost 3 months in end of the january…

There is no need for the Anet staff to do anything fast if they don’t want to…

(edited by Timze.7980)

Group finder abandoned?

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

I’ve heard that the group finder from the original GW wasn’t implemented until much later, so the case may be the same for GW2. They still don’t have guesting, so I’m guessing that still needs to be implemented first before a group finder. The group finder from the original GW moved you to the appropriate player district when you joined a group via the the group finder. Guesting may be used in a similar manner.

I’ve been playing Anet’s games for a while, and in my experience, they add some good stuff, but sometimes, it just takes a while. Sometimes, the stuff they put out still needs refining (i.e. fractals). I’ve taken several breaks during the original GW and was surprised every time I came back to see a lot changed. I suggest to either wait patiently (giving feedback), take a break if you lose incentive to play, or move on.