Guaranteed Blue Skins at Aetherpath

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

So since the patch it seems that everyone in the party gets one of the blue skins at the end of aetherpath.

Enjoy

toxic since 2012

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Well… that would definitely be an increase in the drop rate…

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I love ( /s ) how Anet keeps devaluing effort people spent in getting things done

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

While I think this may be a little extreme, ANet doing it this way will absolutely get me to run it a bunch of times to get the skins. I’d also be curious to know what sample size we’re talking about here. One run with everyone getting it still could be plausible with ~20-30% chance of drop.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Ive probably run Aetherpath 20 times? 30? And in those, I’ve only ever gotten 1 skin. It is rng, but at the same time, you’d think for successfully completing one of the hardest dungeons, you’d have a better chance at getting something to show for it:D

Btw, is it based on daily rewards? i.e. only one per day?

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

We did aether twice on our main and alt accounts shortly after patch and all 5 members dropped a skin in both runs.
ez money

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Nice, this will be kind of a kick in the danglers for those who have skins for sale on the TP though lol, think some of them were around the 1k level.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I love ( /s ) how Anet keeps devaluing effort people spent in getting things done

I love how people keep claiming that their effort is devalued when ANet makes a balance change. My uncle walked uphill to school in the snow and uphill back and it didn’t make him better educated. Plus, in this case, luck played a bigger part of getting a skin than skill — you could run TA/Aether once or 100x and end up with the same results.

I agree that ANet shouldn’t arbitrarily make things easy. I agree that some things should be gated behind skill and some behind perseverance. I don’t agree that ANet got the effort:luck:reward balance right each time they introduced new content and rewards.

tl;dr it’s good when ANet updates rewards to fit better with the philosophy of the overall game.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Malediktus.9250

Of course making skins worth 100s of gold 100% dropchance suddenly devalues peoples work is much more than a balance change. It is a desperate measure to bribe people into playing this dungeon path. I dont even have a single of these skins, but I still think its just another of anets overreactions.
Maybe we should make legendaries cost 25g next.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

As the game matures…it’s good to allow players access to quality and affordable skins. There are more than enough rare, prestigious and expensive skins on the market.

Of course, I’d be furious if I’d invested in any of these skins, but such is the nature of the market.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

5 bucks says this was unintentional and will be reverted.

Malediktus.9250

As the game matures…it’s good to allow players access to quality and affordable skins. There are more than enough rare, prestigious and expensive skins on the market.

Of course, I’d be furious if I’d invested in any of these skins, but such is the nature of the market.

Nah there arent enough prestigious skins. I got over 3,5k skins unlocked and most of them I never touch because they are simply worthless. Plus this set is just a blueish recolors of the regular TA skins. No idea why they should be easier to get than the regular skins all out of a sudden.

Getting this set was in my bucket list of things left to do in GW2. Guess it will be ticket off much sooner than expected

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I wonder if you farmed at least one skin by yourself. But I guess you just crying because you bought them to feel “special”.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Malediktus.9250

I wonder if you farmed at least one skin by yourself. But I guess you just crying because you bought them to feel “special”.

Look at my API key, i have zero of these skins

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Is this legit? Or fixed already?

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Nah there arent enough prestigious skins. I got over 3,5k skins unlocked and most of them I never touch because they are simply worthless. Plus this set is just a blueish recolors of the regular TA skins. No idea why they should be easier to get than the regular skins all out of a sudden.

Seriously? There’s dozens of BLTC skins, the heritage set, gold fractal weapons, raid weapons, gem store uniques, mystic forge weapons and precursors/legendaries. Most of these are well out of reach of the average player.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Can confirm, rip prices for that.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Can confirm as well, is legit, shame patches are at 3am my time lol.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

What blue skins are these? o.o I have never heard of them before, please link me, someone!

NovaanVerdiano.6174

What blue skins are these? o.o I have never heard of them before, please link me, someone!

They’re basically the same as the TA skins you can buy for tokens, just in, well, blue.
If you search for “of dreams” (due to that being the sigil in all of those weapons) they’ll pop up on the trading post.

Posted by: Salvatore.4983

Salvatore.4983

Does anyone know if this is like they want it to work?
because all I’ve got told is that they incrised Atherized skins drops.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Does anyone know if this is like they want it to work?
because all I’ve got told is that they incrised Atherized skins drops.

That’s a mistake in patchnotes. The weapons that dropped in Aether path were blue Dream ones, and it’s those weapons that got their droprates increased.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Salvatore.4983

Salvatore.4983

They’re basically the same as the TA skins you can buy for tokens, just in, well, blue.
If you search for “of dreams” (due to that being the sigil in all of those weapons) they’ll pop up on the trading post.

They’re not just blue there’s blue mist coming out of them!
http://dulfy.net/2013/10/01/gw2-twilight-assault-weapon-skins/

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

wow… some of them costed like 1k gold

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Maybe we should make legendaries cost 25g next.

+1!

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Malediktus.9250

Seriously? There’s dozens of BLTC skins, the heritage set, gold fractal weapons, raid weapons, gem store uniques, mystic forge weapons and precursors/legendaries. Most of these are well out of reach of the average player.

Nah man. BLTC skins? There are like 30 sets, but most individual weapons cost almost nothing on TP (I consider skins below 300g as crap), aetherised, balthasar, chaos and zodiac skins have been ruined recently.
Heritage set? Simply buy gw1 eotn and link to gw2. Prestige? None.
SAB skins? The exploit ruined any prestige.
The only skins that have prestige tbh are a few of the discontinued ones like tribal, the new legendaries, pinnacle skins (29k+ AP), possibly raid skins. I would consider less than 5% of the 3800 skins in GW2 to hold any prestige at the moment.
To make it short: Anything that can be aquired with less than 300g or dozens/hundreds of hours of activities has 0 prestige to me.
And since this game is about cosmetic progression rather than power creep item tiers, there should be lots and lots of cosmetics to set yourself apart from others if you spend the required effort. Sadly almost everything in this game gets served on a silver plattern.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

It’s a game, get over it. It’s not about your personal goal to be leader or one of the top players with most AP. This is about having fun.
If you have no challenge go and find a new one. Those skins were absolutely overpriced and the random chance of getting one was pure bullkitten.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Malediktus.9250

Supply and demand. They were not overpriced since it is a free market. Anet shifted it from one extreme to another extreme likey they always do. They never know any middle grounds just shifting things from one extreme to the other.
How about just increasing the droprate a bit and see where price stabilizes instead of increasing it by like 100×. If price is too high and the path too unrewarding, fine. Double or triple the droprate and see what happens. If it is not enough improve droprate again, but this is just silly and stupid.

Also this is a MMORPG. Notice the RPG in it? Progression systems are an important part of every RPG. Instant gratification has no place in RPGs.

Astralporing.1957

And since this game is about cosmetic progression rather than power creep item tiers, there should be lots and lots of cosmetics to set yourself apart from others if you spend the required effort.

There is. Moreover, it’s much easier for people to set themselves apart from others if there’s a wealth of different easily acquirable/equally easy to acquire choices.

If you dress using skin “prestige” as a guide, you will not end up different. You will end up looking exactly like every other achiever (because there’s always that one “most prestigious” skin for that armor piece you just have to use). It’s only when there’s no such value attached that you really can be different.

The more equal choices are accessible for people, the less likely is that two random people will look similar.

Actions, not words.

Malediktus.9250

There are like 3000 easy to get skins in this game, plenty of options if you want to be different instead of prestigious. And guess what Anet keeps adding more and more easy to get skins via gem shop for the people who want trash skins. No need to ruin old skins people worked hard for.

Vinceman.4572

No need to ruin old skins people worked hard for.

What was the “hard” in having rng luck when running aether path? The hardest part was watching unskippable cut scenes and to stay strong when the one who got a skin wasn’t you. ^^

They should have changed it earlier, maybe 2 years ago but I think we can all agree that was due to the lack of a dungeon team. The change is ok. These skins shouldn’t cost more than 10g.

Malediktus.9250

RNG is an integral part of RPGs just like character progression. It keeps things interesting because you never know the results in advance. Theoretically even our character stats you gain when having a level up should be affected by RNG. Too bad it is all watered down nowadays. The more RNG parts a (MMO)RPG has the better.

Vinceman.4572

I disagree completely.

Astralporing.1957

Contrary to what you (and some other people) think, RPG stands for Role Playing Game, not Roll Playing Game. RNG is completely unnecessary.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

“Theoretically even our character stats you gain when having a level up should be affected by RNG”. – this is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read here.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Contrary to what you (and some other people) think, RPG stands for Role Playing Game, not Roll Playing Game. RNG is completely unnecessary.

+1 gave me a good laugh

Memo to self: gather the pack and start doing some aetherpath runs on the weekend

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Like it or not, RNG is what keeps many people chasing the carrot on a stick. RNG is an important part of any MMO, as frustrating as it can be

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

There are like 3000 easy to get skins in this game, plenty of options if you want to be different instead of prestigious. And guess what Anet keeps adding more and more easy to get skins via gem shop for the people who want trash skins. No need to ruin old skins people worked hard for.

How does a skin that you can just buy from the TP have any prestige in the first place?
If it was a skin that you can only get as an RNG drop from aetherpath then I would agree with you, but anyone can farm 500 gold and buy the skin.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

How does a skin that you can just buy from the TP have any prestige in the first place?
If it was a skin that you can only get as an RNG drop from aetherpath then I would agree with you, but anyone can farm 500 gold and buy the skin.

+1. Even more so in a game in which you can gather absured amounts of gold by not even “playing” but simply using it as an economic simulation aka flipping the TP.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

A little disheartened at this change. Besides being an awesome dungeon, Aetherpath always had a certain allure simply due to that miniscule chance that you’d come out a thousand gold richer than you came in with.

Now there’s no reason to look forward to that final chest.

Ah well, it’s still the best dungeon in the game!

Astralporing.1957

A little disheartened at this change. Besides being an awesome dungeon, Aetherpath always had a certain allure simply due to that miniscule chance that you’d come out a thousand gold richer than you came in with.

The chance was so miniscule that it might have as well not exist as far as motivation goes.

Now there’s no reason to look forward to that final chest.

Isn’t it exactly the other way around? Unlike before, now you can actually expect to get something good out of that chest.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

And how exactly farming a few hundred gold in afk SW counts as hard work? Aetherpath skins have zero “hard work” behind it, its just all about buying skin you want from some random guy who was lucky with RNG drop, because there is no way to reliably get particular skin without buying or praying for RNG miracle.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

To be honest, this change has me running Aetherpath more frequently than ever before. I consider this a pretty intelligent way to boost interest in an otherwise annoying to pub path.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

In the same boat as dusk, though sans pugging.

The path has been my favorite since it was released, however its rewards were utter garbage making it not worth my time. Now i feel my time is worthwhile, and better yet im getting guildies in and helping them through the achievements and that is something else that cannot be measured.

Malediktus.9250

You obviously did not play old role play games. RNG even for stats on level up was common. As far as I know even a new MMO is doing random stat rolls on level up (Black Desert Online) which made a lot of min-max people angry.

Astralporing.1957

You obviously did not play old role play games. RNG even for stats on level up was common.

It wasn’t common enough to be considered a norm.
You know what else was common? The game taking place in a fantasy setting. Did that mean that fantasy setting was an integral part of RPG and people playing the SF ones (for example) were doing it wrong? Not at all.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Random stat gain was pretty common with PnP RPGs, but pretty rare in video games, and especially rare in games with any form of multiplayer/PvP.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: AzureSky.3175

AzureSky.3175

Anything that can be aquired with less than 300g or dozens/hundreds of hours of activities has 0 prestige to me.

So skins that kids can buy with mommy’s credit card are prestigious, if they’re worth more than 300g on the TP? Wow, such prestige, I’m amazed!

Srsly, anything that’s on the trading post is not prestigious.

Look at all those Eternitys, Twilights and Sunrises everywhere. I cannot even take these things seriously.

Malediktus.9250

Its like saying a Ferrari or a clock from Rolex in real life has no prestige.
Also those legendary skins are over 3 years old now. Of course many people got them by now since there is no alternative to those if you want a legendary.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

It’s funny as some individuals have a full bank of eternitys on alt toons
Gold in this game is meaningless – it’s fashion wars.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com