Guardian build for dungeons?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: CrazyHobo.4038

CrazyHobo.4038

Hey guys I wanted to build a guardian for the sole purpose of helping people out in any and all dungeons in whatever mode. I had a few builds online that I wanted to follow and was wondering if the community would be kind enough to give me feedback on them?

http://www.gw2db.com/skill-builds/590-defender-combo-iniciator

or

Any and all inputs will be greatly appreciated ^.^

Posted by: Tulinor.6745

Tulinor.6745

I am running the 0 0 30 30 10.

For armor I have some power/tough/vit but pants are knights and chest is berserker. Jewelery is all berserker cause I don’t need more toughnes and my vit is 16,300 which is plenty. I don’t like to over do it on going real tanky because I like DPS and once you get the dodge mechanics down things are pretty easy.

BTW runes are all soldiers for the vit/toughness plus condition removal.

I use great sword and scepter with torch for dps and shield for range protection

My crit is 38% add maintenance oil and it jumps to 43. Add sigil of accuracy and you are at 48 without fury. With signet regen and passive regen plus healing from boon sharing and knowing how to dodge make for some fun game play.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

for Hammer use either
0/5/30/30/5
0/0/30/30/10
0/15/30/20/5
for a GS build use
0/15/20/30/5
0/15/10/30/10, 5 points free where you like

Hammer is your go-to weapon for dungeons but if you play with other guardians you may wish to opt for a GS build.
traits in Valor will be
Purity
Retributive Armour
Alturistic Healing

Honor
Superior Aria
Empowering Might
Two Handed Weapon Mastery

if you drop 10 points into Radiance pick up either Signet Mastery or Blind Exposure, if running CoF you can also opt for Inner Fire and the application of Fury will also heal you via Alturistic Healing.
if you drop 10 points into Virtue swap between Vengeful, Improved Spirit Weapon Duration & Master of Consecrations depending on your 3rd utility skill.

you want Stand your Ground & Hold the Line on your bar almost all the time, the 3rd slot is optional depending on the situation either a third shout or Wall of Reflection/Shield of the Avenger.

Signet of Resolve is our best heal by far, never replace it, and your Elite should be Renewed Focus.

Armour you want a Soldier set Pow/Vit/Tough and a Knight set Pow/Prec/Tough, the 2 runes you want to be using are a full set of Soldier Runes for shouts to remove conditions and Runes of the Pack, you only need 4/4 Pack Runes for the bonus you want which is to apply Fury/Might/Swiftness to you and your allies when you get hit, it has a very short cooldown making it go hand in hand with Alturistic Healing; feel free to either go 6/6 pack for the added bonus or pick up some 2/2 runes you like.

for Accessories use Knight gear.

your secondary weapon depends on the situation but you can opt for any other weapon in your aresnal besides the Sword/Torch as they do nothing for you, the Mace is a good backup melee weapon, the Scepter is for situations where even a Guardian shouldnt be in Melee range, the Staff has great supportive power, the focus will keep you alive and the Shield will keep your group alive.

use the Soldier set for very tough boss encounters or trash pulls, Knight for everything else.

both the Strength in Numbers and Pure of Voice outlined in your builds are bugged, SiN doesnt work at all, and PoV tends to just not work half the time.

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

If you wanna help out your team, spec for damage and help kill stuff.

Posted by: CrazyHobo.4038

CrazyHobo.4038

Thanks a lot for the replies everyone
I’m only level 9 though so I’ll have to work my way up but I wanted to get some information ahead of time. Thanks once again ^.^