Guardian new trait scenario

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Hello all,
Few days ago I started a thread of a possible new GM trait in the Zeal line, “Fanatacism”.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Suggestion-New-Zeal-GM-trait-Fanaticism/first#post4653716
Inspired by the Diablo 2 paladin Offensive auras http://diablo.gamepedia.com/Fanaticism_

Let’s say, overnight, the guardian get’s a trait which grants the whole party 10% – 15% increased attack speed. The way to trigger that bonus is not known yet, be it on burn, with a cool down or whatever to make it balanced.

My question is, (because i’m having a debate with some of the posters in the guardian forum) will it make the guardian a priority before other classes? from a casual run to a speed run. Will it change the meta comps so much?

My guess is, it will only make the guardian have a useful trait for the party, when he doesn’t need to run 4.5.0.0.5 and/or doesn’t need to have virtue of resolve traited for the extra condi removal. Other classes will still beat the guardian for the slot when MoC isn’t need it.

I’m curious to hear your tought’s.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

It would make guardian mandatory in every comp like warrior is, provided the ramp up of the attacks speed isn’t too long. If it’s more than 10 seconds, boss would be dead anyway and the trait is the waste. Now, if it’s 3-4 seconds, that’s a huge dps gain.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If any class needs auras its necro. Not guardian. :P

creepmatic.9435

I see, well the original method that I tough on how to implement this is that the guardian and the party will gain 1% increased attacks speed on each attack the guardian connects, for a duration of 3s. So the ramp up would be almost instant provided by a simple WW. But the problem in this is (so I’ve been told), that small boosts like 1% per attack wouldn’t even be registered as the engine works on increments of 1/4 second. If this is true, I don’t know a similar way on how this would be implemented to not make it OP and still be relevant and worth taking.

creepmatic.9435

If any class needs auras its necro. Not guardian. :P

I fell your pain Spoj, but please don’t hijack threaderinno please xD

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Necro spite XIV traits, unholy power.

Darkness aura which grant +10% attack speed while taking 20% more damage.

Oh ya ninja!

let’s get real here. If any class need a boost in pve it’s not guardian.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

creepmatic.9435

I don’t have nothing against necro but this thread isn’t about it so please be on topic.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Guardian already has a place in some records. It just depends on the path. The trait wouldnt change that for the paths a guardian isnt worth taking. But thats simply because for dps you take eles. Only warrior is taken for unique buffing despite ranger also being very good at it.

This is especially true when you consider that icebow + glyph of storms burst is enough to wipe most bosses. The only thing this trait would do is increase the group dps of a group in a path which already requires a guardian for its optimal tactics.

And for casual runs guardian is already plenty good enough to be a top pick. Pretty much all fractal pugs ask for a guardian. And even most organised groups use one. And casual pugs often take guardians aswell. So it really isnt necessary and probably wouldnt change anything.

(edited by spoj.9672)