Guild Raid Testing

Guild Raid Testing

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

We aren’t going to release any videos, guides, etc for raids until multiple guilds have cleared the wing. Our goal is to preserve competition for all the guilds interested in progression and not spoil the fun of learning the fights by doing anything to taint that. We will do our best to ensure that everyone has the best experience possible in the raid, which is the whole point of having guilds invited to test these things.

I should make it clear that no one testing will be allowed to video, screenshot, or otherwise record or document any test content whatsoever, whether for use immediately or for future use. That is part of the NDA.

Any guild posting about raids will gather information, screenshots, videos, and all resources only from the released, live game and never through access to a test server.

That’s not the concern. The concern is that DnT will have advanced access to test and practice the mechanics of the raid. They’ll then be able to use that advantage to claim a world first clear on live.

It’d be like giving one runner in the olympics a 5 second head start, then claiming he’d won a world record.

then reject their claim, if they make it.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Card.9704

Card.9704

I love gold. And this is gold.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Guild Drama Overlord.

Attachments:

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Mythicnova.6317

Mythicnova.6317

bound by NDA? Why even post this? Just to let everyone know they were passed over for something they never had a fair shot at being considered for?

Why? For transparency and as a means of communication, which I think we all agree is a good thing.

Too, I see some concerns about claims of world firsts. ArenaNet doesn’t track, verify, record, or reward world firsts. But making public that certain guilds were involved in testing seems appropriate and relevant in that context, does it not?

I have to say I don’t agree with the last statement. This post essentially sounds like “Neener neener, look what these guys are playing and you aren’t”. As Mireles put it, it’s not like the rest of the community had a shot at it to begin with.

On a personal note, I don’t think these kind of guilds should be the standard to base raid difficulty on. I absolutely DON’T want any content that is only beat by stacking as many damage multipliers as possible, which is what these guilds seem to only be capable of doing. It’s boring, and it only incentivizes more “berserker meta” playstyles.

That’s exactly how I feel. And that’s why I’m so disappointed with ArenaNet’s decision.

its not that “these guilds” are only capable of doing it, its because defensive stats are so pointless with active defences. Keep in mind that the berserker meta only works because of the usage of active defences,such as reflects and blinds. Would u rather prefer a play style where everyone goes full tank and just faceroll through everything without taking any damage? Berserker armour requires ppl to actually play in a style in raids where u have to be wary of everything around u or u will get one shot. Good players will never get hit and thus that’s why its so effective and why “these guilds” use it. I mean why bring excess defensive stats when u compromise a huge chunk of dmg…I’m pretty sure “these guilds” can pull off anything and be better than you. The berserker “meta” became “meta” because it is the Most Effecient Tactic Available.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Errant.1509

Errant.1509

The berserker “meta” became “meta” because it is the Most Effecient Tactic Available.

That’s actually pretty clever, but I hope you don’t think meta is actually an acronym =D

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

We aren’t going to release any videos, guides, etc for raids until multiple guilds have cleared the wing. Our goal is to preserve competition for all the guilds interested in progression and not spoil the fun of learning the fights by doing anything to taint that. We will do our best to ensure that everyone has the best experience possible in the raid, which is the whole point of having guilds invited to test these things.

I should make it clear that no one testing will be allowed to video, screenshot, or otherwise record or document any test content whatsoever, whether for use immediately or for future use. That is part of the NDA.

Any guild posting about raids will gather information, screenshots, videos, and all resources only from the released, live game and never through access to a test server.

That’s not the concern. The concern is that DnT will have advanced access to test and practice the mechanics of the raid. They’ll then be able to use that advantage to claim a world first clear on live.

It’d be like giving one runner in the olympics a 5 second head start, then claiming he’d won a world record.

Are you serious?

It is now public knowledge that these two guilds have head start access

Therefore any claims of world firsts or world firsts with members of these testing groups will be invalidated, why is this rocket science.

Because Attuned and DnT are part of the closed testing, they therefore are completely eliminated from the competition group and anyone featuring any member of the testing group will disqualify the world first.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Mythicnova.6317

Mythicnova.6317

The berserker “meta” became “meta” because it is the Most Effecient Tactic Available.

That’s actually pretty clever, but I hope you don’t think meta is actually an acronym =D

i know it isnt . but in this context its kinda true xP

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Also they don’t have alot exp raiding or they don’t have exp raiding together.

Either give alot more people the chance to test them or invite people who have alot of exp raiding together to test it.

http://dtguilds.com/about/m/34086785/page/Home_Page I don’t know if I’d quite go so far as to say DnT has no experience raiding.

http://attuned.enjin.com/aboutus Attuned only has information on GW2, but you can ask their members and see how many have experience raiding in other games.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

i know it isnt . but in this context its kinda true xP

It is from now on! Guys ok? ok?

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Are you serious?

Therefore any claims of world firsts or world firsts with members of these testing groups will be invalidated, why is this rocket science.

Because Attuned and DnT are part of the closed testing, they therefore are completely eliminated from the competition group and anyone featuring any member of the testing group will disqualify the world first.

Not all members of DnT and Att are participating. If 10 people from TTS were invited, should all of the TTS guilds be eliminated from claiming world first?

Guild Raid Testing

IllegalChocolate.6938

Either give alot more people the chance to test them or invite people who have alot of exp raiding together to test it.

http://dtguilds.com/about/m/34086785/page/Home_Page I don’t know if I’d quite go so far as to say DnT has no experience raiding.

http://attuned.enjin.com/aboutus Attuned only has information on GW2, but you can ask their members and see how many have experience raiding in other games.

Ah yes I remember DnT back in 2004.

Remember when paladins were devolved into being out of combat res bots back before engaging a raid boss put you in combat
The constant jokes of their class?
Paladins once again being devolved into a blessing bot that sat outside the instance to bless “raiders who were seen in the meta comp” before they entered the instance barring people from even seeing the raid because of the choice of their class, of course blizzard put a stop to that also by stripping buffs the moment you entered the raid dungeon as well.

I distinctly remember some specific guilds who were at the cornerstone of promoting that type of gameplay but I can’t quite put my finger on it…

oh well.

Guild Raid Testing

SlyDevil.3952

Not all members of DnT and Att are participating. If 10 people from TTS were invited, should all of the TTS guilds be eliminated from claiming world first?

Obviously, sheesh, of course hundreds of people should be disqualified on behalf of 10.

Guild Raid Testing

IllegalChocolate.6938

Are you serious?

That depends on how information is shared internally.

Just because I signed an NDA doesn’t mean I’m not gonna break it. I’m only gonna get in trouble if someone finds out.

Police don’t pop out of thin air the moment you’ve done something illegal and even then you’re only gonna get caught if you leave trace.

EDIT:

If DnT really cares about raiding content and really wants to ensure it gets the most care and resources and ensures the raiding scene is the most successful it can be, they will then know what the correct course of action is.

(edited by IllegalChocolate.6938)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

Now, with these min maxers involved, full T7 equipment will be requirement for clearing raids.

Is this a good thing ? might be.

if the balance is not done to a 1% margin that is.

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Pukc.6328

Pukc.6328

Do they have alot of exp raiding together? If they do fine.

Its still a small group. =/

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

If 10 people from TTS were invited, should all of the TTS guilds be eliminated from claiming world first?

Yes.

Guild Raid Testing

SlyDevil.3952

Now, with these min maxers involved, full T7 equipment will be requirement for clearing raids.

Is this a good thing ? might be.

if the balance is not done to a 1% margin that is.

Crystal already stated they designed the last boss for ascended quality, and that the first is exotic with skill/ascended. Considering during the beta the teams had over a minute left with bad food, no masteries and subpar play, the margin on at least the first boss is pretty large

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Brayzz.6524

Brayzz.6524

This is ok for bug fixing, but than pls stop claiming world first kills. That would make no sense …

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

Are you serious?

In short, Yes.

You know they will talk to their guild about best ways to kill things, team compilation to take in etc etc. They literally can go in raid, face a boss once then say “This is how i think you should do it!” as you cant prove they did not work it out from just that single fight.

Also there is no list of players that have been invited. Could be 1% of the guild, could be 99% of them. NDA’s generally dont let you disclose your participation publicly on a personal level so how will you know who was and was not part of it? etc etc.

Not that I care. People can rush through it and not care about what the raid actually about all they want, but people can not be blamed if they are not willing to acknowledge these guilds as a World First because no matter which way you look at it they will have an advantage via prior knowledge especially with the major one which is best classes to take. For example, currently we know that you only need 1 mesmer using sword for boonstrip. Could be that is plenty for the whole raid and you can then bring a higher dmg class, or could be you need to bring necro etc for extra boonstrips.

blah blah blah.

All in all, who cares. But this is a pointless announcement that basically trying to give the impression they care about players. Maybe they should think about popping on the WvW forum now and deal with the massive blowout they caused by changing a good reset time (hello borders queued in most upper tiers), to a time that ruined the weekend interest but at least it was in the evening when most people havent got kids/work worries, and then put it on a Saturday morning as their “look we can give you a even worse time as you dared to moan”

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

This is great news, thanks Gaile.

To Nike and others at DnT – make sure it’s hard

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

This is great news, thanks Gaile.

To Nike and others at DnT – make sure it’s hard

this, so much this!

good luck you all and have a fantastic time!

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

There’s going to be a lot of problems if the raid is tweaked according to the top 1% of players… Meaning that the two guilds and others similar will only be capable of even completing the raid. Cause that makes the raid all but impossible for anyone not at their level.
See where I’m going with this?
Expecting a lot of complaining and raid nerfing in the near future.

Devona’s Rest

Guild Raid Testing

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

There’s going to be a lot of problems if the raid is tweaked according to the top 1% of players… Meaning that the two guilds and others similar will only be capable of even completing the raid. Cause that makes the raid all but impossible for anyone not at their level.

Are you incapable of improving yourself?

Raids are meant to be hard content, a type GW2 has been sorely lacking. There will always be SW-like maps for people who aren’t good and have no desire to get better.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

eh, balancing raids around the opinions of people that only adhere to the metagame is going to result in incredibly crap raids.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Regimentz.3471

Regimentz.3471

Att is still a thing?

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Raids are meant to be hard content, a type GW2 has been sorely lacking. There will always be SW-like maps for people who aren’t good and have no desire to get better.

This sort of attitude is the type I’m sad to start seeing when it comes to raiding. Toxicity stemming from elitism is something that has never been a huge issue in GW2, but after raid content I fear it will be rampant

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Sinumatic.8609

Sinumatic.8609

On the one side i’m super happy that Anet decided to let people test raids. Espacially that “skilled” player have the opportunity to test it.
But on the other side i can totaly see spoj’s point that it will basically make the race to WF more or less pointless. Even if [DnT] and [Att] should be excluded they could easily give tipps to other players outside the guild even it is just something like “i would look at this and this and make use of it”. Which would give this guild a good advantage!

Nar Thraka
Invincible Gaming [iG]

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

eh, balancing raids around the opinions of people that only adhere to the metagame is going to result in incredibly crap raids.

Well Anet won’t add or Cancel any Mechanics of the Bosses by now. They are rather fixing Bugs with the Raids and adjusting the Numbers a bit.

@ Blakdoxa: Try to improve yourself. Many Things that have been considered impossible in the Past are now very easy and on Farm. Also be patient if you are gonna Raid, because it isn’t unusual to wipe 10 to 80 Times on a Boss ( Depending on Difficulty ) before killing it for the first Time. And believe me, the Feeling you have after killing one especially difficult Boss is really great and makes a great Encouter even better.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

This sort of attitude is the type I’m sad to start seeing when it comes to raiding. Toxicity stemming from elitism is something that has never been a huge issue in GW2, but after raid content I fear it will be rampant

Only if you PUG raids, which , surprise surprise, is toxic in its nature….

People WANT to succeed and beat content in an effecient manner

Do yourself a favor and run raids with friends/guildies only so you know it will be friendly.

If you can’t do that, than too bad. Asking for a PUG raid to be nice to you is unrealistic…. everyone can be an kitten in PUGs….

Also, there has been PLENTY of toxic behavior in this game….please don’t start with this “we have the friendliest community in the history of MMORPGs” nonsense…. i’ve seen PLENTY of bad apples in every MMORPG i’ve played, and GW2 is absolutely NO different.

Remember, toxic elitists are just as bad as toxic casual players.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Millillion.5914

Millillion.5914

There’s only one World First for everything, but the balance and polish of the raid will impact every single raider from the very first day on.

Guild Raid Testing

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

This game has little hard content and lots of easy content to please the casual player.

I think anyone who wants to can improve and complete hard content. That attitude is neither toxic nor elitist.

Those players who have put in an effort to become good at this game are being thrown a bone through raids.

To that end I sincerely hope DnT tests this content and tunes it to be challenging.

Challenging doesn’t mean exclusive. Please remember this.

(edited by Nevets Crimsonwing.5271)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Just to go on record. I personally dont give a kitten about world firsts. But i was under the impression DnT did and they were planning to go for it. So its kind of odd that they would accept to test raids. I know i probably wouldnt if i wanted my achievement to actually mean something.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

This round of testing is taking place during office hours with NA guilds.

Awesome initiative! Office hours in Seattle is 17-01 CEST though.

Seems like prime time to me. Surely more EU players would be available during these hours than NA players during work hours?

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: majessive.8910

majessive.8910

bound by NDA? Why even post this? Just to let everyone know they were passed over for something they never had a fair shot at being considered for?

Why? For transparency and as a means of communication, which I think we all agree is a good thing.

Too, I see some concerns about claims of world firsts. ArenaNet doesn’t track, verify, record, or reward world firsts. But making public that certain guilds were involved in testing seems appropriate and relevant in that context, does it not?

I have to say I don’t agree with the last statement. This post essentially sounds like “Neener neener, look what these guys are playing and you aren’t”. As Mireles put it, it’s not like the rest of the community had a shot at it to begin with.

On a personal note, I don’t think these kind of guilds should be the standard to base raid difficulty on. I absolutely DON’T want any content that is only beat by stacking as many damage multipliers as possible, which is what these guilds seem to only be capable of doing. It’s boring, and it only incentivizes more “berserker meta” playstyles.

That’s exactly how I feel. And that’s why I’m so disappointed with ArenaNet’s decision.

Yes, that’s how I feel, too. All I have seen from DnT is absolutly not what I would call challenging or even “hardcore”. And it’s not the type of content I enjoy at all (and I have played a lot of “hard” PvE content in other games.)

I could make min/maxed build for speedrunning the Troll’s Revenge jumping puzzle, but how would that qualify me, for testing Raids? It seems it could in some eyes, but that’s not the kind of raids I was hoping for.

We will do our best to ensure that everyone has the best experience possible in the raid, which is the whole point of having guilds invited to test these things.

That worries me even more. I have not seen anything from DnT, that would give me hope they are able to to that (And I’m not even talking about the “everyone”).
I’m not really interested in anything they put out tho, so maybe I’m wrong! hopefully!

Tydal – fighter of his own kind

(edited by majessive.8910)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

@majessive maybe u should send anet ur cv of all ur gaming qualifications i did and they promote me to head of kittenpost

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I love how this devolved from a simple heads up that there’s testing undergoing and they’re pulling in feedback (AND actually communicating, which feels like a miracle on its own) to… well, this.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Congrats to the 2 guilds invited. I’m glad to see Nike confirming there will be no video until an appropriate timing.

I am hoping both Att and DnT understand the claims for world first from anyone associated with their guild is automatically disqualified and all should be good

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Guild Raid Testing

majessive.8910

@majessive maybe u should send anet ur cv of all ur gaming qualifications i did and they promote me to head of kittenpost

Nice try, I nearly forgot about nice people on the official forums. Thanks for reminding me.

It does not matter what I did in other games, as I don’t want to test the raids. I put that part in my post only to show off, I did not only play Hello Kitty Online (which’s raids were awesome btw.). It wasn’t necessary, but I did it anyway.

Grats tho on your job at anet! Have a nice day!

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I could make min/maxed build for speedrunning the Troll’s Revenge jumping puzzle, but how would that qualify me, for testing Raids? It seems it could in some eyes, but that’s not the kind of raids I was hoping for.

What do jumping puzzles have to do with group content?

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

Att is still a thing?

they’re more of a thing than ever before since i joined

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Guild Raid Testing

majessive.8910

What do jumping puzzles have to do with group content?

Nothing – and dungeon speed runs have nothing to do with raids (or should not). That’s just my opinion – of course you can have your own.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: roseria.7695

roseria.7695

grabs popcorn

I hope the people choosen will make sure to catch all the bad bugs and such.

Roserra @ [ATT] – Attuned

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Vallun.2071

Vallun.2071

Why not The Abjured? They are almost undefeated in PvP, I’m sure they will be great PvErs.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Sephil.3971

Sephil.3971

Why not The Abjured? They are almost undefeated in PvP, I’m sure they will be great PvErs.

I don’t think they really care about PvE raids, though.
Or at least, they should not, considering the prize pools coming PvP’s way.

87th Worldwide Masterful Achiever

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: KaboomzZz.2914

KaboomzZz.2914

Ah yes I remember DnT back in 2004.

Remember when paladins were devolved into being out of combat res bots back before engaging a raid boss put you in combat
The constant jokes of their class?
Paladins once again being devolved into a blessing bot that sat outside the instance to bless “raiders who were seen in the meta comp” before they entered the instance barring people from even seeing the raid because of the choice of their class, of course blizzard put a stop to that also by stripping buffs the moment you entered the raid dungeon as well.

I distinctly remember some specific guilds who were at the cornerstone of promoting that type of gameplay but I can’t quite put my finger on it…

oh well.

I don’t know what kind of fake grudge you’ve been carrying for 11 years but our paladins had thunderfurys and sulfuras and were ret for blessings; Actually they all figured out some scam build where they used different ranks of blessings to buff all the mana users with all the wisdoms etc. One of them wore a dress but it was because he wanted to. Whatever. Sorry your guild made you stand outside? Let it go.

KaboomzZz – Death and Taxes – http://www.dtguilds.com

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

People are upset over worlds firsts? Its not a trackable stat and you get nothing special for it… and a year from now, an overwhelming majority will not remember or care. People are acting like something is being stolen from them… how about play the raid for your own enjoyment and loot that everyone else has access to whether you finish 1st for 3400th?

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Nayatha.6349

Nayatha.6349

I have a question to everyone that crying over world first. Do you want this to be WOW as that is a WoW thing and Gaile already said that Anet does not Track or reward World First.

Just relax and enjoy the game and hope that when Raids are released that they will not break because these two guilds went in and broke them first. Do not put pressure on you, your guild or other guilds for an achievement that is meaningless.

And to those that do care about world first than tell me who was the World first thief to 80. Who was the first to complete a level 50 fractal. Who was had world first on Shadow Behemoth? Who was the first to to clear Aetherpath?

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Do you want this to be WOW as that is a WoW thing and Gaile already said that Anet does not Track or reward World First.

Blizzard does not (and to my knowledge has never) acknowledge World Firsts either. That’s all done through the community.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

1. I seriously doubt most people in the game really care who is first.
2. Of the few who do care, they will know DnT had extra playtime and won’t really consider them first.

Bottom line? Who cares? I personally am just glad ANET is doing some additional testing because the raids weren’t able to be tested effectively last beta.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

People don’t really understand what competition is, whichever guild gets most of the worlds first bosskills will be seen as the top guild for pve assuming the content is challenging, this matters a lot. Why would I ever want to apply for the second best pve guild? I want to be in the top guild they’ll be the one to clear the raids first, they’ll be the first to put the raid into farm status and they will be the first to put bring whatever items the raid drops into the game.
I play on eu and I already have a fairly good idea which guilds are good and which ones are trash, I think it will be hilarious to see how some of these ‘hardcore’ pve guilds that already exist will just become irrelevant when raids are released, those being the ones comprising of trials half of their own members can’t complete themselves or never even had to do, the ones that are filled with farmville players that log in everyday to farm their daily dungeons, play barbie the gw2 endgame and then logout.

There has never been any incentive to join a hardcore pve guild anyway, since half of the people you’ll never talk to as there is no large group content in the game, maybe if they kept pavilion? Speedrunning is already inefficient, gold-wise and content wise, there are much better mmos out there with much more engaging pve content. So most of the ‘hardcore’ players probably left along time ago after launch when they realized this game has nothing to keep them playing and there were other options.

(edited by Evapor.6849)