Guild Raid Testing

Guild Raid Testing

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Khazik.8052

Khazik.8052

As long as thief is a raid viable profession…
That’s all I care about.

“No valid path to target” – Thief life (Dragonbrand)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

Just to go on record. I personally dont give a kitten about world firsts. But i was under the impression DnT did and they were planning to go for it. So its kind of odd that they would accept to test raids. I know i probably wouldnt if i wanted my achievement to actually mean something.

This guy gets it.

If DnT goes for World First after obtaining an unfair knowledge advantage in the raiding scene, it will corrupt the spirit of competitive PvE, plain and simple. No one is gonna care about competitive PvE after that which means no interest which means no more content for raids like how there is no more content for dun~

Wait..

Ah okay I know whats really going on now Anet you clever cats, I’ll go ahead and show myself out now.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I could make min/maxed build for speedrunning the Troll’s Revenge jumping puzzle, but how would that qualify me, for testing Raids? It seems it could in some eyes, but that’s not the kind of raids I was hoping for.

What do jumping puzzles have to do with group content?

Nothing – and dungeon speed runs have nothing to do with raids (or should not). That’s just my opinion – of course you can have your own.

Those who can do dungeons well, and work as a single cohesive unit while finding ways to be more efficient, are more likely to have the skill set to overcome obstacles in raids.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: ugdup.2371

ugdup.2371

No eu testing? :P

It doesn’t matter if it’s EU or NA. As long as they get feedback from experienced people, it’s all good.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

‘hardcore’ pve guilds that already exist will just become irrelevant when raids are released, those being the ones comprising of trials half of their own members can’t complete themselves or never even had to do, the ones that are filled with farmville players that log in everyday to farm their daily dungeons, play barbie the gw2 endgame and then logout.

Lmao +1

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Real talk, you know they test the content now assume they’ve already beaten it before you ever get your hands on it.

They’re there to make sure its going to stay challenging but i’m sure anet also has internal tests as well guys. It’s not like more metrics are a bad thing for anyone.

As for worlds/servers first, i kind of would like it if Anet did have/track that information, should disputes arise even if its community driven.

It helps keep competition alive for those that want it by knowing for sure if they succeeded or failed when margins get tight and gives them incentive to strive to be better instead of this “everybody wins attitude”.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Lenny.9301

Lenny.9301

In January 2014, the Great Jungle Wurm wreaked havoc in Bloodtide Coast. This colossal Triple-Headed Wurm proved a formidable opponent to the masses of trophy hunters wanting it’s three heads on a mantle. For days they threw themselves at the monstrosity; countless brave souls sent to grisly and painful deaths. Some witnesses claim the monster was too challenging, or it’s foes not up to the task. Tyria weeped for Bloodtide Coast.

Survivors of the horror will tell you that the Wurm had unknown advantages; magical… insects of a sort… that regenerated the Wurm’s vitality instantaneously. No matter how many weapons were raised to send the beast back to the void, it would return at full strength. How was such a foe defeated, then?

After the initial slaughter, Tyria’s leaders arose and the horns of battle were sounded. Scribes and seers from across the land studied initial reports and surveyed the death-consumed battlefields for clues. An elusive and skilled clan of fighters were called upon to train Tyria’s yet unbloodied soldiers for the fight to come. The Wurm’s tenacity was defeated, it’s otherworldly magics discovered and repelled. Bloodtide Coast was freed from the Wurm’s harrowing, and an alliance was forged to protect Tyria from similar dangers — they called themselves Attuned.

Now they are being called upon to face an unknown force that threatens our world. Once more, they will sacrifice themselves for Tyria. However, they will need your help to succeed; for they face not a mere beast but enter into an uncharted realm where many heroes will perish.

May our fallen be remembered.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Oh come on.
World Firsts?

World Firsts are meaningful in WoW because bosses are Classic-RPG Puzzle Bosses, figuring out the tactic and safety dance was so much a determination of your projected success it was meaningful to ‘figure it out’, and because their concept of content accessibility includes a difficult introductory phase and then nerfing for broader appeal accomplishing it sooner was something worth being proud of. Being the First to defeat a Boss was tracked by their servers by awarding people with a specific prize or achievement, and this was publicly verifiable via /inspect features and later a website where everyone’s character information was made searchable.

Not only should your expectations for infamy in Action-RPG lean more in the direction of Excellence in Execution (which has no time limit) and less in speed-puzzle-solving, but also player recordings are a shoddy stand-in for an impartial judge.

If we really do get a competitive community going, you have to find the Bragging Rite that makes sense for this game in particular, not clone it wholesale from somebody else.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Metavox.1094

Metavox.1094

In January 2014, the Great Jungle Wurm wreaked havoc in Bloodtide Coast. This colossal Triple-Headed Wurm proved a formidable opponent to the masses of trophy hunters wanting it’s three heads on a mantle. For days they threw themselves at the monstrosity; countless brave souls sent to grisly and painful deaths. Some witnesses claim the monster was too challenging, or it’s foes not up to the task. Tyria weeped for Bloodtide Coast.

Survivors of the horror will tell you that the Wurm had unknown advantages; magical… insects of a sort… that regenerated the Wurm’s vitality instantaneously. No matter how many weapons were raised to send the beast back to the void, it would return at full strength. How was such a foe defeated, then?

After the initial slaughter, Tyria’s leaders arose and the horns of battle were sounded. Scribes and seers from across the land studied initial reports and surveyed the death-consumed battlefields for clues. An elusive and skilled clan of fighters were called upon to train Tyria’s yet unbloodied soldiers for the fight to come. The Wurm’s tenacity was defeated, it’s otherworldly magics discovered and repelled. Bloodtide Coast was freed from the Wurm’s harrowing, and an alliance was forged to protect Tyria from similar dangers — they called themselves Attuned.

Now they are being called upon to face an unknown force that threatens our world. Once more, they will sacrifice themselves for Tyria. However, they will need your help to succeed; for they face not a mere beast but enter into an uncharted realm where many heroes will perish.

May our fallen be remembered.

Absolutely classic.

[Att]
[Aura]

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: ualgh.1832

ualgh.1832

I’m interested to know the reasoning for inviting a guild like DnT to test the new raid given that at least one of its members spearheaded the development of a well-known dps meter and memory-reading tool that directly violates Guild Wars 2’s Terms of Service.

I won’t link it here so as to discourage exploitation of the game, but a quick Google search reveals that Death and Taxes is heavily involved with the development and distribution of this dps meter. The creator of the program even includes a disclaimer that he is not responsible for users being banned for their use of the tool. As the application in question reads the game client’s memory, its use constitutes a flagrant violation of the Terms of Service for Guild Wars 2.

Would the community be able to get any comment from ArenaNet regarding this troubling issue?

follow me on IG @yung_anime

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

[comment declaring reasons of being thoroughly upset with DnT]

Do you actually care about the fact that they violated the terms of service?

Just curious because I personally don’t give a frosty fist of a kitten about it at all, not really sure what the big deal is. It’s not like they’re getting any rewards for being able to play the content on the internal testing servers. You can’t even use a trading post or your own characters on them and it requires a different client as well.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

I’m interested to know the reasoning for inviting a guild like DnT to test the new raid given that at least one of its members spearheaded the development of a well-known dps meter and memory-reading tool that directly violates Guild Wars 2’s Terms of Service.

I won’t link it here so as to discourage exploitation of the game, but a quick Google search reveals that Death and Taxes is heavily involved with the development and distribution of this dps meter. The creator of the program even includes a disclaimer that he is not responsible for users being banned for their use of the tool. As the application in question reads the game client’s memory, its use constitutes a flagrant violation of the Terms of Service for Guild Wars 2.

Would the community be able to get any comment from ArenaNet regarding this troubling issue?

when people outside of our guild make threads on our public forums to look for a dps meter or to present their dps meter, it does not mean we are “heavily involved” with the developement of dps meters and it does not mean we are using said tools.
before you try to claim we are guilty or something at least try to get your facts straight, because this is getting absurd.

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Is there no stopping for DnT crimes? I heard you guys stole a salt truck too.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

Regardless of whether you like DnT or not, whether you know Att or not, it’s great that ANet is letting players who are dedicated to their gameplay test and influence what is promised to be the ultimate challenge in GW2.
I, personally, am sceptical that a Dev team would be able to play test something that is supposed to cater to the hardcore audience. With this, I don’t have much of a doubt left that raids are going to be something good, unless the influence these players have is really small.

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

Is there no stopping for DnT crimes? I heard you guys stole a salt truck too.

DnT are probably going to leak strategies to other NA guilds so they can trashtalk EU

Attachments:

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

‘hardcore’ pve guilds that already exist will just become irrelevant when raids are released, those being the ones comprising of trials half of their own members can’t complete themselves or never even had to do, the ones that are filled with farmville players that log in everyday to farm their daily dungeons, play barbie the gw2 endgame and then logout.

Lmao +1

He so has a point there lol

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Feel bad for some other speed clearing guilds who wanted to go for first world kill/s for raids.

World firsts are completely and utterly meaningless now, if one group of players has early access to content. This gives them a massive advantage.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Guild Raid Testing

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Feel bad for some other speed clearing guilds who wanted to go for first world kill/s for raids.

World firsts are completely and utterly meaningless now, if one group of players has early access to content. This gives them a massive advantage.

Or you, idk, just exclude them from being eligible for world firsts and as long as they don’t publish videos, tactics or similar (which they won’t) everyone else can still go for it.
Not like it’s rocket science.

Guild Raid Testing

MashMash.1645

The problem with the people you picked is that you will get very biased opinions from a small portion everyone who will do the raid. Also they don’t have alot exp raiding or they don’t have exp raiding together.

Either give alot more people the chance to test them or invite people who have alot of exp raiding together to test it.

They did this in Wildstar as well. That turned out well.

Guild Raid Testing

MashMash.1645

Or you, idk, just exclude them from being eligible for world firsts and as long as they don’t publish videos, tactics or similar (which they won’t) everyone else can still go for it.

I’d want a list of the players and accounts that had early access then, so it could be confirmed none at all were involved in claimed World Firsts then. It’s too easy for them to pass info on.

Even so, you can’t remove that info from thier brains, so what’s to stop them telling otehr the info, starting another guild, etc. etc.

They’ve ruined it.

Guild Raid Testing

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I’d want a list of the players and accounts that had early access then, so it could be confirmed none at all were involved in claimed World Firsts then. It’s too easy for them to pass info on.

Even so, you can’t remove that info from thier brains, so what’s to stop them telling otehr the info, starting another guild, etc. etc.

They’ve ruined it.

I’d say you’re a bit too paranoid, but… that’s not the right word for it, at all. I don’t see why either guild, especially DnT, should do what you mentioned in the last part. They’re a high-end PvE guild, they want competition, so why would they seek to destroy it by leaking the info once they’re allowed to (due to not being bound to the NDA on release)? It would make no sense at all. Same about creating another guild; if there’s suddenly a guild no one heard about and completely randomly there’s people from DnT in it and they try to claim world first, everyone’s going to be quite suspicious.

I mean I’m one hell of a pessimistic person, but kitten .

Guild Raid Testing

MashMash.1645

No eu testing? :P

This round of testing is taking place during office hours with NA guilds.

Congrats, [Att] and [DnT]!

I assume the testers are free to discuss the content, like in the case of the new WvW borderland testing?

No, this is private testing and all participants are bound by NDA.

Congrats, [Att] and [DnT]!

Try not to leak anything this time?

If you’re referring to an accusation that one of these guilds was involved in a “leak,” you should be aware that our team investigated the matter in depth and neither of these guilds was guilty of doing that.

Not involved? Really? Seems pretty involved to me.

http://i.imgur.com/JaBnmi4.jpg

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

Are anet now promoting two guilds by name? Having guilds mentioned like this will inadvertently give them a large pool of new players wanting to join, which seems to be a thing that Anet has previously avoided. I don’t even remember if they ever named a guild before in a official message.

Guild Raid Testing

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Are anet now promoting two guilds by name? Having guilds mentioned like this will inadvertently give them a large pool of new players wanting to join, which seems to be a thing that Anet has previously avoided. I don’t even remember if they ever named a guild before in a official message.

You act like anyone besides regulars visits the trashca… err, the Fractals, Dungeons & Raids sub.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I’d prefer to see the Sickiest Guild invited because they were actually able to take down the Vale Guardian more than once, and they most likely have a more clear behavior when it comes to meta, so their input wouldn’t be too biased towards the current horrible meta.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

I’d prefer to see the Sickiest Guild invited because they were actually able to take down the Vale Guardian more than once, and they most likely have a more clear behavior when it comes to meta, so their input wouldn’t be too biased towards the current horrible meta.

I hate meta so it is horrible.

Snow Crows [SC]

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Speaking for myself, I would have rejected the closed beta invite anyway because I want to achieve the world first with [NA]. I am really happy that anet is actively seeking feedback for their raids because this would mean more mechanics and more active gameplay that will promote adaptation and execution of GW2 combat system further than what we have now.
DnT and ATT will undoubtedly give feedbacks to ANET to improve raids, and I’m happy for them.

Tour

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

I’d prefer to see the Sickiest Guild invited because they were actually able to take down the Vale Guardian more than once

Once raiding was actually accessible for people who weren’t camping the squad UI 24/7, multiple other guilds did this pretty effortlessly aswell.

Guild Raid Testing

TheFamster.7806

I’d prefer to see the Sickiest Guild invited because they were actually able to take down the Vale Guardian more than once

Once raiding was actually accessible for people who weren’t camping the squad UI 24/7, multiple other guilds did this pretty effortlessly aswell.

you sound salty. BTW first kill was made without squad UI so :P

Tour

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: joric.1042

joric.1042

I’m glad its being tested, however with only two guilds invited why even announce it to the community. You’re just inviting jealousy and flame posts. Should have just kept this on the down-low…IMHO. This sounds more like an alpha test than a closed beta test.

Jorik Nightcloud
Beige(NUDE)
Crystal Desert

(edited by joric.1042)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Epixors.8047

Epixors.8047

He/she is referring to the fact that there were only few opportunities to get into the raid at first.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Sure, but if you are going to that make sure all will be transparent, i want to see videos and feedbacks about it. Do not make videos, feedbacks public and and leave all the information only for some groups is not an ethical act. I was paying in advance for access to betas, or was not it?

You payed in advance for acces to Beta Weekend Events, which is what you recevied and participated in. However, that does no include closed beta’s. Nor does it include getting every bit of info of what happens in those closed beta’s/

There is nothing “unethical” about having a select group run a closed test for bugs and number adjustements.

Guild Raid Testing

TheFamster.7806

He/she is referring to the fact that there were only few opportunities to get into the raid at first.

Which I and my guildies all find it unfortunate, but what happened happened. We also had some members going to sleep, I myself played well beyond my bed time and got an hour of sleep before starting my day. No one is discrediting the skills of EU raid/fractal/dungeon guilds. Its just that with guild effort we were able to get 20 people online at the same time (well past midnight through Monday morning) and beat Vale Guardian on each team. You should blame the complication caused by squad UI, not our guild or players.

Tour

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: KaboomzZz.2914

KaboomzZz.2914

This is completely unrelated but, having watched [NA]‘s kill video its easy to see that the guild has cohesion and has fun playing together. Those, honestly, are the most important qualities for being part of a successful team. I think you all will be very successful in the expansion at whatever goals you’ve set for yourselves.

KaboomzZz – Death and Taxes – http://www.dtguilds.com

(edited by KaboomzZz.2914)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Epixors.8047

Epixors.8047

Which I and my guildies all find it unfortunate, but what happened happened. We also had some members going to sleep, I myself played well beyond my bed time and got an hour of sleep before starting my day. No one is discrediting the skills of EU raid/fractal/dungeon guilds. Its just that with guild effort we were able to get 20 people online at the same time (well past midnight through Monday morning) and beat Vale Guardian on each team. You should blame the complication caused by squad UI, not our guild or players.

Not trying to blame anyone or take away from your accomplishment. I was pointing out the fact that Element Two was talking about the lack of access to raids while your responses pointed towards the use of the actual UI in the raid, instead of the accessibility problems most people faced.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Who is this Attuned guild? Some kind of casual guild or what?

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Derek.6017

Derek.6017

Obviously, DnT cares more about the quality of raid content than achieving world first boss kills. Why is this so hard to understand?

Look at this from their perspective. To refuse a special invite from the developers themselves because they value your opinions, abilities, and knowledge of the game would be rather dumb, especially if you want this type of content to be supported and the best that it can be.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

DnT or Att weren’t invited because anet thinks they are the most suitable/best guild’s to test their raids, they were invited either as a favor or just out of respect for the things they’ve done for the community. I don’t like nike and the entire DnT roster is very forgettable but he organized the dungeon tournaments, he put his own money up for the prize pool and somehow got anet to contribute as well. Honestly i’m not sure about attuned but didn’t they help the gw2community ts get wurm kills? either way they probably know devs and that helps just like it helped Kripparrian’s wow guild get ahead of everyone when they got to test an expansion before everyone else.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I think most people know dnt. Attuned maybe not. I also don’t think a lot of people r gonna rush to join just because. I’m pretty sure both already have their teams set for it

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Without the input of top PvE players, there’s little chance the raids will turn out well.

Just look at how fast and easily the boss was downed in the beta. I doubt they intended for that to happen as they were supposedly showcasing their new hard/challenging content. In fact they’re probably in panic mode, hence the invitations.

Losing the idea of “world first” is definitely worth it when the alternative are raids that will be easily completed a couple hours after they launch.

Guild Raid Testing

TheFamster.7806

Without the input of top PvE players, there’s little chance the raids will turn out well.

Just look at how fast and easily the boss was downed in the beta. I doubt they intended for that to happen as they were supposedly showcasing their new hard/challenging content. In fact they’re probably in panic mode, hence the invitations.

Losing the idea of “world first” is definitely worth it when the alternative are raids that will be easily completed a couple hours after they launch.

Umm i just want to tell you that they made the boss down easy. In fact Team A theorycrafted over 5 hours and had many practices, and not only that but individually they are excellent players. Also it took them 10+ tries not including the figuring out mechanic part, many being leaving the boss at 0.1% health before wiping. Team B spent much less time to kill the Vale Guardian nonetheless, but it took us a good solid 6 hours+ before we were able to kill him.
And 1 mechanic of the Vale Guardian is missing, so you have to take that into consideration as well. Also out of many, many raid teams, how many actually have killed the Vale Guardian? I’m sure EU could have done it too without the unfortunate schedule, but I am sure the percentage is very small compared to the entire active GW2 population.

I hope they make more designs like this, and I don’t mind the rise in difficulty after DnT/Att’s feedback, but it saddens me to see when people think the Vale Guardian was easy to kill when it fact it took us all the weekends to theorycraft, practice, and execute the mechanic. And I can’t stress this enough, that all of our members in our guild, are all tested and tried veterans who were very adept at their class.

Tour

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

How do you know 1 mechanic of the Vale Guardian is missing?

Guild Raid Testing

Lord Kuru.3685

Umm i just want to tell you that they made the boss down easy. In fact Team A theorycrafted over 5 hours and had many practices, and not only that but individually they are excellent players. Also it took them 10+ tries not including the figuring out mechanic part, many being leaving the boss at 0.1% health before wiping. Team B spent much less time to kill the Vale Guardian nonetheless, but it took us a good solid 6 hours+ before we were able to kill him.
And 1 mechanic of the Vale Guardian is missing, so you have to take that into consideration as well. Also out of many, many raid teams, how many actually have killed the Vale Guardian? I’m sure EU could have done it too without the unfortunate schedule, but I am sure the percentage is very small compared to the entire active GW2 population.

I hope they make more designs like this, and I don’t mind the rise in difficulty after DnT/Att’s feedback, but it saddens me to see when people think the Vale Guardian was easy to kill when it fact it took us all the weekends to theorycraft, practice, and execute the mechanic. And I can’t stress this enough, that all of our members in our guild, are all tested and tried veterans who were very adept at their class.

Yes, there was a lot of work put in to prepare for the beta, no doubt. I meant easy as a relative term: when you’re touting how hard and challenging your new content is and it gets done in just a few hours, that’s too “easy.”

In the end, the boss was defeated well within the time limit, and despite an extremely limited amount of play time available. The important thing is that once something has been done, the builds and techniques are out there and it soon becomes routine.

Within a few short weeks, regular (non-elite) guilds will be doing it first try. For content that’s gated weekly, that means their new flagship content will account for very little total playtime. And as Anet is all about the metrics, that means raids will be abandoned development-wise in short order.

They either need to be made significantly harder or the time-gate has to be decreased (or both). So it’s good to have some elite players giving input on what I presume is the former.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Yes, there was a lot of work put in to prepare for the beta, no doubt. I meant easy as a relative term: when you’re touting how hard and challenging your new content is and it gets done in just a few hours, that’s too “easy.”

In the end, the boss was defeated well within the time limit, and despite an extremely limited amount of play time available. The important thing is that once something has been done, the builds and techniques are out there and it soon becomes routine.

Within a few short weeks, regular (non-elite) guilds will be doing it first try. For content that’s gated weekly, that means their new flagship content will account for very little total playtime. And as Anet is all about the metrics, that means raids will be abandoned development-wise in short order.

They either need to be made significantly harder or the time-gate has to be decreased (or both). So it’s good to have some elite players giving input on what I presume is the former.

While it’s good they have more testing on the raids, you are seriously overreacting.
Go watch Wp’s video on raids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXf9qlihYoM
Calm the kitten down and be realistic, this idea that some people are beating this is an indicator that it’s to easy is such a stupid argument.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

While it’s good they have more testing on the raids, you are seriously overreacting.
Go watch Wp’s video on raids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXf9qlihYoM
Calm the kitten down and be realistic, this idea that some people are beating this is an indicator that it’s to easy is such a stupid argument.

While I agree with you that he’s being too quick to assume the worst here, I feel the need to point out the fact that you’re telling someone not to overreact and calm down, when you are doing the literal exact opposite to him of what you’re demanding of him. This is not how you get people to care about your opinions.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

In my opinion having to spend 5-10 hours is easy. That’s the time you spend on a little solo. But since it was the first boss, I assume it was meant to be easy.

Sure, it felt difficult when doing it but after a month or two it will get trivialized.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

I don’t like the lack of confidence that Anet is presenting from both not being able to release raids during the release date and having to do closed beta tests with a week left from release.

It was a purposeful decision to stagger the raids til after launch.

Raids need to be tested by players before they’re released. Doing it too early would have been a pretty big risk.

Don’t be such a pessimist.

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

Guild Raid Testing

Lord Kuru.3685

In my opinion having to spend 5-10 hours is easy. That’s the time you spend on a little solo. But since it was the first boss, I assume it was meant to be easy.

I disagree that it was meant to be easy.

This is their newest shiniest pet project: the challenging group content they were bragging about for months. It’s supposed to be so hard that exotics isn’t supposed to cut it; ascended gear is recommended. It’s supposed to be for guild groups; pugs aren’t even supposed to be able to get through it.

Imagine how great for hype it would have been had it not been completed during the beta weekend. “See, I told you it was hard. Get ready for a real challenge.” They’d say. And dungeon forumers would kitten themselves at the thought of such a magnificent challenge.

The benefits of showing off a truly hard boss during the weekend are just so great. What’s to be gained by releasing an easy boss?

So anyway, the boss turns out to be much easier than they anticipated. They’re panicked, and so they finally, at the 11th hour, they do what they should have done in the very beginning: they bring in top PvE players for help.

At least the story has a happy ending.

Guild Raid Testing

Canakun.8031

The problem with the people you picked is that you will get very biased opinions from a small portion everyone who will do the raid. Also they don’t have alot exp raiding or they don’t have exp raiding together.

Either give alot more people the chance to test them or invite people who have alot of exp raiding together to test it.

You’re actually incorrect!
They’ve chosen the two most competitive guilds in both the main forms of PvE – the top dungeon/fractal guild, DnT, and arguably the top open world mega boss guild, Att.
This provides a DUAL and BALANCED perspective on new PvE content that takes into consideration the opinions of the most experienced instanced PvE players, as well as the most experienced World boss PvE players.|

This is a good thing.
Stop complaining.

Guild Raid Testing

Canakun.8031

bound by NDA? Why even post this? Just to let everyone know they were passed over for something they never had a fair shot at being considered for?

Why? For transparency and as a means of communication, which I think we all agree is a good thing.

Too, I see some concerns about claims of world firsts. ArenaNet doesn’t track, verify, record, or reward world firsts. But making public that certain guilds were involved in testing seems appropriate and relevant in that context, does it not?

I have to say I don’t agree with the last statement. This post essentially sounds like “Neener neener, look what these guys are playing and you aren’t”. As Mireles put it, it’s not like the rest of the community had a shot at it to begin with.

On a personal note, I don’t think these kind of guilds should be the standard to base raid difficulty on. I absolutely DON’T want any content that is only beat by stacking as many damage multipliers as possible, which is what these guilds seem to only be capable of doing. It’s boring, and it only incentivizes more “berserker meta” playstyles.

Seeing the ongoing beta testing of new content as a reward is your responsibility, not Gailes.
This is a job they’ve been asked to do. They’ve been asked to spoil themselves of the new content that they, like the rest of us, are waiting for, just so they can provide free help to the developer company they support.

Stop acting so entitled.