Guild decorative items don't drop in raids

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Ok so I dunno if it’s intentional or not.. I even checked wiki and tried to search for some kind of answer or confirmation but I never found it, it something that I find very odd. I mean I wasn’t even sure what was going on.. like I been raiding for like 2 months, multiple boss kills each week and I never got a single decoration drop from raid bosses, like those ribbon scrap from xera. There’s not even any reason given why so it hard to figure out

I just stumble upon it today, some guy took over my grp at 7/10 spots and kicked me cos of some mess up I did weeks ago, I was like wtf cos I went afk then came back. We start arguing and I link the mini drop from that boss as well as other kp item, I stress that I have visual proof. He doesn’t believe or care, says only ribbon scraps or something decorative-like item. I tell him I killed boss many times I never got a single ribbon scrap. He scoffs and tell me to stop joking (I’m not). Anyway I refuse to link my LI to him when he ask later cos he’s being a kitten and there nothing I can do to convince him. That’s end of story aite

So I was confused and I’m asking my guild y I never got drop. They all saying it dropped for them and I’m like wth.. is going on. Then I realise every1 else always repping some guild or nother, I never rep any guild ever when raiding cos idc abt any of them. Then I draw the parallel, I mean it’s just a suspicion then but it’s like u know, there must be connection between guild decorative drops and guilds (fyi I have 4 guilds but I never choose to rep). So I don’t rly know for sure

But so thn I decide to test it by doing obvious, repping some random guild that seems to be inactive. Give it a few hrs then make my own grp, after like forever (cos this grp has disabilities I can’t name here) we get kill, then I hold my breath and open chest and ther it is – 2 ribbons. Wtf.. srsly? Are u kidding me I rep some guild idc about and suddenly the mystery item starts dropping?

Also here thing.. keep in mind it just speculation atm. I check out chat link from wiki awhile ago, just to see what it for. I try linking that given code in-game and.. nothing. I can’t even link.. give me some weird ‘cannot link from this location’ error. Like ok the wiki never mention anything abt this.. but my suspicion that I log back on, I can link it now cos it finally drop for me 1st time (idk actually)

Anyway this just a heads up.. pls don’t ask for decorative items as kp on bosses

Arun Kar

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

another week another thread.

If you don’t like how people select their groups or their requirements, create your own group and Lead.

nagr.1593

I’m sorry does this seem a rant about groups to you?

Go back and read pls.. or ask for a tl;dr version I wasn’t sure one was needed

PS if it helps the issue about guy that kicked me was just a diversion, or an aside if u like. I just include it if any1 ask what made me thibk of decorative item drop (or not drop). It not rly the point here, that was silly argument anyway

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Well its a guild decorative item ofcourse you should be in and rep a guild to get it

nagr.1593

While that may be true, the fact is that it’s never explicitly stated anywhere. Whether it’s the official wiki or anywhere else in the internet, I couldn’t find a scrap of anything that stated this was the case.

Also your argument is flawed. The raid drops are not really classified as guild decorations but as trophies. Their only real use is either linking them in chat or upgrading them to guild decorations.

Also if it’s drop for guild decorations, it doesn’t make sense that being in guild doesn’t change anything. Even with max guilds they can not even drop for u. Yes u have to force yourself to actually rep a guild, even if it’s one u don’t believe in. That’s just silly imo

Also something I found out today.. I was right at least partly. The game won’t let u link that chat code if u don’t have the item in ur inv or ur personal storage or something. If you’ve never seen that item with ur own eyes, u can’t link the code in the wiki whenever u want. This is just confusing to me

So for instance today, I tried linking the wiki code for ribbon scrap in LA and in aerodome, I just flat out couldn’t. Game told me ‘cant link that in this location’. I got the ribbon my chrono, so me wanting to test something I logged in as war after this and still couldn’t link in chat. I could link in chrono perfectly, and I could likewise on war once I transferred it to bank and left it there. I’ve never experience this b4.. it’s completely new to me.

No news about this ever being the case, afaik not even in official amet news or something. Nothing that say, you need to represent some guild or another, not just be a part of that guild, for that item to drop in 1st place. Like this is just a ridiculous concept. Made even more ridiculous by players that specifically ask for these items as kill proofs. If _they_are not aware of this, then it’s a safe bet majority of player base was aware of that it not guaranteed drop either I.e. that these trophy items do not drop unless u fulfill a certain req. It’s just odd to me I never find any mention on this anywhere

Arun Kar

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

If he doesn’t accept the mini that commander is stupid and I would propose to not join or stay any longer in this specific group.

And for the future: Now you know that you are getting guild decoratives only if you are representing a guild.

Case closed.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

You have to rep a guild to get the guild decorations from bosses…
Some ppl said that before so I guess its true..
I suppose is the same with world bosses decorations?

And your story is funny lol you got kicked again

PS: looking forward for this week raid story.

[DIE] Death is Energy

Posted by: Lilandrea.7109

Lilandrea.7109

It is the same with world bosses decorations. Killed a hundred Teqs before ever getting in a guild, and never got any decoration from him. The first teq I killed after joining a guild (and representing) dropped me a decoration.

Makes total sense, though.