Guild dungeon group

Guild dungeon group

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Dungeon groups with mostly guild members are the worst group to pug with. especially groups with 3 or 4 members of the same guild. I would rather play with fresh new players than to play with Guild Dungeon groups. Why? *They are kick-happy. *

In a few of my personal experience, I was in a group with four members of the same guild for Ac. They complained about how Kholer was hard. We wiped against Kholer one time. Then, they complained more. Frustrated, I said, “I agree, this group isn’t strong enough to beat Kholer.” Then, I got kicked instantly with no reply and no warning.

A second experience, One member was afking for a long time. It was really rude that this player was afking even when four players beaten the boss. It was really rude to afk this long. So I flagged him for a kick. Instead, I got kicked because they were all members of the same guild.

A third experience, which is not mine. We had two successful fractal run. At the third final boss, the host said, ‘Does everyone know the glitch/exploit?". The party member said, “No.” He got kicked after saying that. One of the party members that were in the same guild said, “What a prick.” I couldn’t say anything after that because I wanted my relics. The party did say that they wanted experienced members. But the guy that got kicked was experienced but didn’t know what the glitch was.

I could say something about how Guilds kicked players at the final boss so they can get players in, but I never experienced that. There are multiple players that experience this.

What if the experience above were completely all pugs?

• Saying, “I agree, this group isn’t strong enough for Kholer” would get me a few scorns, but we would just skip straight to the next part.
  • Flagging the afk person would get that person kicked for good.
  • Saying “I don’t know what is the glitch,” will get that player a short explanation.
  • You would have to try really really hard to get yourself kicked.

Here is a tip for the community: Don’t join guild dungeon groups unless it is your own. If you accidentally did join one, you better leave as soon as possible. The reward is the same as joining a full pug group but the risk is higher.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Guild dungeon group

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think it is naive to say that the risk is higher due only to anecdotal evidence that you, yourself, have experienced. Some of my best runs as the only pug are with other guilds (they’re usually more talkative too).

My guild, for instance, usually outfits a 4/5 for Fractals 48 and pugs the last. We don’t let the pug start the instance because we don’t want our run compromised if he decides to go crazy, and we know we can trust the people in our guild. Things almost always go fine unless the pug is impatient, crazy, very angry over something inane, constantly flagging people to be kicked from the group (including instance owner), or absolutely awful. In those cases, it’s perfectly warranted to kick the player. Otherwise, we succeed without a hitch and usually make a friend.

I think it works out pretty positively a majority of the time.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Guild dungeon group

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

You’ve had a lot of bad experiences with guild dungeon runs. When I run dungeons with a party that is composed of mostly my guild, I make sure no one kicks unless the person is downright rude and being a kitten.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Guild dungeon group

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I had to laugh at the story about an otherwise experienced player getting kicked for not knowing an exploit. Oh, mercy. Who are these people out there?

It’s unfortunate that some jerk guild groups make players weary of joining other guild groups. I like to think of pugging as a guild recruitment tool so we are always nice and welcoming to other people, and we don’t typically kick anyone unless they become abusive to one of us or another pugger.

Guild dungeon group

Posted by: Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Brave Sir Ryan.1240

…or you could meet a few cool people and want to join their guild. Any PUG will be random, guild or not. While I agree that the chance of getting kicked at end may be higher with a guild, there’s also a nice chance that those people are coordinating via voice and will work together more.

Guild dungeon group

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I run with 3 friends, our party is usually 4/5. They are close friends and we are always on voice com.. but you would never know, because we are all in different guilds, including my bf.

Pugs never have an issue with us unless they run magic find or screw with the team.

I don’t think anything would change if we were in the same guild.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Guild dungeon group

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I find exactly the opposite. I’ve never been kicked by a guild group. I find I can play easily and let the guild people do all the co-ordination and most of the work. It’s usually fine.

Guild dungeon group

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Sorry to hear that OP. But I would also add to stress that not all guild majority parties are like that. In our guild, when doing dungeon runs even with pugs, we don’t discriminate classes, we don’t ask to ping gear or require ‘zerk only’ crap, nor do we kick ppl. In fact in my entire time doing dungeons, we never kicked a person, even a pug. Unless under extreme circumstances, which never happened in my personal experience yet. Most of the time, we’d rather just all agree to quit than specifically abusing one person. We also don’t really prefer exploit/glitches. These are more or less the ettiquette laid down by our guild leader.

I think if we were to be behaving like the group the OP mentioned, the guild leader would kick us out of guild :P

Guild dungeon group

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

My guild pugs an extra member for dungeons a lot and we have never kicked any one for anything. We’ve done many runs in a lot of various dungeons and just have never found a reason to kick someone we’ve pugged.

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

Guild dungeon group

Posted by: Unflinching.8967

Unflinching.8967

Anectodal:

Our guild often runs dungeons and when we can’t find a fifth guildie to join, we’ll find people on gw2lfg or in Los Angeles Lion’s Arch. We’ve had many nice, friendly and capable players joining us for such runs. Never had any issues.

On the other hand I’ve run dungeons with people in the same guild (3/5 or 4/5) and haven’t had any issues either! Most of those runs have been very enjoyable as I’ve met nice, friendly and capable players. Never had any issues.

Advice:

I’m sure there’s nasty people around as I’ve read many complaints about getting kicked before endbosses in dungeons. Make sure to take a screenshot before you start a dungeon when you run with people you don’t know. You can always report bad behaviour.

To Anet: I hope we’ll see a change for the /partychat soon. I think it’s unnecessary that you’d lose it when leaving a party (or when getting kicked).

Cheers.

Guild dungeon group

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

Here is a tip for the community: Don’t join guild dungeon groups unless it is your own. If you accidentally did join one, you better leave as soon as possible. The reward is the same as joining a full pug group but the risk is higher.

Or you could still join them.
You give 3 examples of bad runs and with that you completely trash guild runs. It’s like saying never enter a coffee shop because the 3 I’ve been to so far were terrible.
Good luck with that.

(edited by Fasalina.6571)

Guild dungeon group

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

My guild expects experienced puggers when we cant quite get enough members for a full guild run. But if that pug isnt experienced we are usually very tolerable unless we have time constraints. We dont mind explaining mechanics as long as the pug is willing to listen and communicate with us. What really grinds our gears is when we get inexperienced pugs who dont know a dungeon and just run on ahead without even saying anything, it becomes very obvious they dont know what they are doing when we cant progress because they are completely ignoring the mechanic. If a pug tells us they dont know the dungeon we are usually happy to teach them how we do it. We’ve made a fair few friends doing this.

On one particular occasion we were running arah p3 and our mesmer had to go so we had to pug a new mesmer. The guy we pugged was experienced in just ranging lupi but we were intent on practising melee. We found it difficult to explain our tactics to him over chat but he was happy to listen so we ended up bringing him on our mumble server and we had a great experience and made a new friend.

Guild dungeon group

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Dungeon groups with mostly guild members are the worst group to pug with. especially groups with 3 or 4 members of the same guild. I would rather play with fresh new players than to play with Guild Dungeon groups. Why? *They are kick-happy. *

In a few of my personal experience, I was in a group with four members of the same guild for Ac. They complained about how Kholer was hard. We wiped against Kholer one time. Then, they complained more. Frustrated, I said, “I agree, this group isn’t strong enough to beat Kholer.” Then, I got kicked instantly with no reply and no warning.

A second experience, One member was afking for a long time. It was really rude that this player was afking even when four players beaten the boss. It was really rude to afk this long. So I flagged him for a kick. Instead, I got kicked because they were all members of the same guild.

A third experience, which is not mine. We had two successful fractal run. At the third final boss, the host said, ‘Does everyone know the glitch/exploit?". The party member said, “No.” He got kicked after saying that. One of the party members that were in the same guild said, “What a prick.” I couldn’t say anything after that because I wanted my relics. The party did say that they wanted experienced members. But the guy that got kicked was experienced but didn’t know what the glitch was.

I could say something about how Guilds kicked players at the final boss so they can get players in, but I never experienced that. There are multiple players that experience this.

What if the experience above were completely all pugs?

• Saying, “I agree, this group isn’t strong enough for Kholer” would get me a few scorns, but we would just skip straight to the next part.
  • Flagging the afk person would get that person kicked for good.
  • Saying “I don’t know what is the glitch,” will get that player a short explanation.
  • You would have to try really really hard to get yourself kicked.

Agreed.

The reason is people who are in a guild team know they are less likely to be kicked for acting like a jerk so they are far less inclined to be respectful to outsiders.

It’s best to avoid guild teams if possible or at least make sure you are the one creating the instance if you are stuck with a guild team.