Gw2 still hard

Gw2 still hard

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Dont get me wrong, I am the kind of person who do all arah paths in one day, solo atleast 1 of them….
But just made a new char, and doing a dungeon with full lvl 35…..You cant stack since insta kill, everything is amazingly hard, we have been in here for like 1 hour and only at kholer.

Just forgot how amazingly hard this game is/was. be4 I started just doing everything on lvl 80´s on a lvl 35 place xD

Gw2 still hard

Posted by: stambogalizi.8356

stambogalizi.8356

should get some exploiting icebows and reflects in there to skip 90% of the content

Gw2 still hard

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Dont forget to exploit by using whirlwind into walls on warrior.

Gw2 still hard

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

yeah, but then wouldnt be lvl 35 xD and might aswell just do it on one of my lvl 80´s to finish it off :P

Gw2 still hard

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

You can’t follow the meta when you’re practically unable to do decent DPS. Therefore, no stacking and you’re more than likely gonna need that dodge button.

Gw2 still hard

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

remember to not spawn banners, summoning them doesn’t do damage therefore you lose dps uptime

Gw2 still hard

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Dont forget to exploit by using whirlwind into walls on warrior.

How is that an “exploit”? Exploit implies an illegitimate tactic and nothing mentioned here is illegitimate.

At level 35 you’re getting level 35 drops, meaning you can salvage that for wool and cotton. A word of advice: don’t rush to higher levels, enjoy your current level while you can before you no longer get those mid-tier fabric drops. Since you can’t freeze a character’s level the next best thing is leveling the long way with just kills.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

Gw2 still hard

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

How is that an “exploit”? Exploit implies an illegitimate tactic and nothing mentioned here is illegitimate.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Warrior-does-Less-DPS-than-the-WORST-class/first#post5453334

Gw2 still hard

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I paind back all the effort and money I spent on my new little necro just by occasionally logging soft wood and salvaging cotton/linen on her. Twas pretty awesome.

Gw2 still hard

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Though it used to be harder at release (not counting inexperience), I agree with the line of thought that GW2 PvE is only apparently “easy” because it has been done forever, and that without guides and lacking game experience they can still be difficult for many players.

Playing them at the “intended”/“recommended” level is a cool challenge in my view.

Gw2 still hard

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Though it used to be harder at release (not counting inexperience), I agree with the line of thought that GW2 PvE is only apparently “easy” because it has been done forever, and that without guides and lacking game experience they can still be difficult for many players.

Playing them at the “intended”/“recommended” level is a cool challenge in my view.

Plz do tell me where the developers/game designers say current state of gw2 pve is not “intended/recommended”

Tour

Gw2 still hard

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

you realize we have a power creep ever since launch?

Gw2 still hard

Star Ace.5207

Plz do tell me where the developers/game designers say current state of gw2 pve is not “intended/recommended”

Why on the defensive, and how was I on the offensive? These forums can be so confrontational and full of hate about BS no one should care about, much less argue for its own sake.

The last sentence just meant: “I agree with the OP that playing the game at the level given on the description (like 35 for AC) is a nice challenge.” It was obviously intended, because it’s on the Dungeon description just before joining or entering the Dungeon-my quotes, because it’s up to the players to agree/disagree with ANet’s player level recommendation.

If what you thought I meant (which I didn’t allude AT ALL in my previous post) is “the state of current PvE”, ANet does realize that their non-trinity system could have been better implemented-taken by comments from them elsewhere, like recent HoT interview/promo videos. While I agree with them-as I am sure many players do as well, “elite” and “casual” both-my post had nothing to do with either group, and was all about the OP’s subject.

Before getting offended/“challenged”, be sure such offense/challenge was meant. I was being friendly, if anything.

Gw2 still hard

Star Ace.5207

I mean no offense, but fail to understand your point or how it relates to what was stated.

If you mean our builds are obviously stronger now, I agree with that, especially with the latest patches, but as the OP discussed, the game can still be challenging to the inexperienced and at the lower, “recommended” levels, when we don’t have full access to what our characters could achieve later on. And even with level 80, full builds, not knowing a Dungeon encounter can spell near-disaster to a regular Dungeon run-that we don’t necessarily have “easy Dungeons” as much as the community knows them quite well at this point, was the point.

Gw2 still hard

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I mean no offense, but fail to understand your point or how it relates to what was stated.

If you mean our builds are obviously stronger now, I agree with that, especially with the latest patches, but as the OP discussed, the game can still be challenging to the inexperienced and at the lower, “recommended” levels, when we don’t have full access to what our characters could achieve later on. And even with level 80, full builds, not knowing a Dungeon encounter can spell near-disaster to a regular Dungeon run-that we don’t necessarily have “easy Dungeons” as much as the community knows them quite well at this point, was the point.

I think you are underestimating the power creep. Every major balance patch have essentially added another new record to known existing dungeons. The only nerf that actually made a difference was fgs but pugs rarely used it.

I understand your point but I am arguing that Anet has been making this game progressively easy for high level players.

Anet has not fixed low level experience. I wish they have npc that provide combo feilds for the player to use their blast finishers

Gw2 still hard

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

You can probably still corner stack for trash mobs if you have a thief keeping black powder up. Obviously this won’t work on bosses.

But yeah, a lot of stuff in lower level dungeons, players never really experience because we can just face tank and dps them down. My opinion is the combat system opens up as we scale up enemy hp, and we see a lot more interesting strategy.

Gw2 still hard

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Dont get me wrong, I am the kind of person who do all arah paths in one day, solo atleast 1 of them….
But just made a new char, and doing a dungeon with full lvl 35…..You cant stack since insta kill, everything is amazingly hard, we have been in here for like 1 hour and only at kholer.

Just forgot how amazingly hard this game is/was. be4 I started just doing everything on lvl 80´s on a lvl 35 place xD

I am the kind of person who does Arah rarely and I can only solo a few little portions of it, yet when I brought my lowbies to AC recently, I could solo almost all of it and when I was playing with my fellow lowbies, we did it without problem.
Either you’re still in the starter armor or you’re lying shamelessly about your Arah experience.
I agree that there are situations when the game can be challenging – especially if you’re new, but AC is definitely not it, not even when you’re playing a lowbie.

For the record… THIS is how Arah vet performs in early dungeons. Go ahead and convince Wethospu how “hard” this game is.