Hard Mode

Hard Mode

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

if hard mode means clever AI and not more HP and damage you have my +1.

Considering the trait unlock system was their reply to users asking for skill hunt like GW1, I would not dare ask them anything ever again. They are running extremely low on ideas and wasting all their resources on skins for the gemstore.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

(edited by Mesket.5728)

Hard Mode

Posted by: Rawrakai.2908

Rawrakai.2908

I would love it if we were required to change our builds mid dungeon to compliment whatever boss we are fighting. Right now Arah p2 kind of has this with the running, fighting lupi, running, fighting the end boss. But this is not enough

Hard Mode

Mesket.5728

I would love it if we were required to change our builds mid dungeon to compliment whatever boss we are fighting. Right now Arah p2 kind of has this with the running, fighting lupi, running, fighting the end boss. But this is not enough

Mobs never resetting until dead would be another improvement for a hard mode. It’s a dungeon after all, not the open world.

Hard Mode

Posted by: Rawrakai.2908

Rawrakai.2908

Mobs never resetting until dead would be another improvement for a hard mode. It’s a dungeon after all, not the open world.

That would be very similar to how WoW has it’s dungeons setup, and I think it fixes the speed run boss to boss skip, I think it would be an improvement.

Hard Mode

Mesket.5728

That would be very similar to how WoW has it’s dungeons setup, and I think it fixes the speed run boss to boss skip, I think it would be an improvement.

well… Wow… it is how almost every MMO has its dungeon mobs designed since your are playing at their house, you wouldn’t escape that easy while invading unless there is a spot specifically designed to hide from them.

Hard Mode

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

well… Wow… it is how almost every MMO has its dungeon mobs designed since your are playing at their house, you wouldn’t escape that easy while invading unless there is a spot specifically designed to hide from them.

Cleverly disguised no stacking, skipping post. Inb4 BINGO

Hard Mode

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

WoW still had patrols that you could skip by avoiding aggro. You also had the option of using potions of invisibility for challenge modes (Dungeon speed runs)

Wildstar also has you skipping patrols and avoiding unnecessary trash pulls for dungeons/adventures as well.

It’s part of MMOs, you didn’t clear the entire instance in GW1 too unless you were vanquishing.

Hard Mode

Mesket.5728

WoW still had patrols that you could skip by avoiding aggro. You also had the option of using potions of invisibility for challenge modes (Dungeon speed runs)

Wildstar also has you skipping patrols and avoiding unnecessary trash pulls for dungeons/adventures as well.

Key words marked.

We are talking about adding a hard mode right? You can suggest an empty corridor with a boss at the end as well. We are all just saying things here. No need to go against what other posts.

Hard Mode

IvanTheGrey.2941

You must’ve been the brightest kid in the kinder. You also learned to repeat Bingo. /clap for you.

Oh look! It’s the guy that posted this in the main discussion forums hoping for…. what exactly? You’re obviously not bright enough to observe that ANET has not said ANYTHING about stacking in the years since it’s release.

Everyone’s for harder dungeons, but the second that you bring up no stacking/skipping, you ruin any idea of credibility that you might have. Play how you want, no stacking, no skipping, just don’t try to enforce your ideas on the rest of us. We don’t enforce them on you if you put “No stacking/skipping” into your LFG. If you can’t find pugs that don’t conform to your ideology, join PASSS (I think that’s their name), and all the power to you.

Hard Mode

Mesket.5728

You must’ve been the brightest kid in the kinder. You also learned to repeat Bingo. /clap for you.

Oh look! It’s the guy that posted this in the main discussion forums hoping for…. what exactly? You’re obviously not bright enough to observe that ANET has not said ANYTHING about stacking in the years since it’s release.

Everyone’s for harder dungeons, but the second that you bring up no stacking/skipping, you ruin any idea of credibility that you might have. Play how you want, no stacking, no skipping, just don’t try to enforce your ideas on the rest of us. We don’t enforce them on you if you put “No stacking/skipping” into your LFG. If you can’t find pugs that don’t conform to your ideology, join PASSS (I think that’s their name), and all the power to you.

Again with stacking, man please before calling anyone anything learn to read.

Hard Mode

IvanTheGrey.2941

If that’s not what you were going for in the first place, then I apologize for jumping on it and misunderstanding. We’ve had hundreds of threads on that topic, and when another one pops up, it’s quite frustrating.

Hard Mode

Mesket.5728

If that’s not what you were going for in the first place, then I apologize for jumping on it and misunderstanding. We’ve had hundreds of threads on that topic, and when another one pops up, it’s quite frustrating.

No, I said that in a hard mode, mobs shouldn’t simply reset like they forgot about you completely. You want to skip them? do it, avoid their aggro range, use invis, teleport, w/e that works better for you. But when I think on a hard mode dungeon, I wouldn’t call it hard if I can just run 10 meters and call it a day (unless there are specific scenarios where you lock a door behind you as one example and you lost the mobs behind you, that would actually help the immersion).

Hard Mode

IvanTheGrey.2941

No, I said that in a hard mode, mobs shouldn’t simply reset like they forgot about you completely. You want to skip them? do it, avoid their aggro range, use invis, teleport, w/e that works better for you. But when I think on a hard mode dungeon, I wouldn’t call it hard if I can just run 10 meters and call it a day (unless there are specific scenarios where you lock a door behind you as one example and you lost the mobs behind you, that would actually help the immersion).

Ok. That’s totally fair, and I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Hard Mode

Mesket.5728

not a problem mate, ill edit my previous posts

Hard Mode

IvanTheGrey.2941

not a problem mate, ill edit my previous posts

It’s ok. I deserve to be called out for jumping the gun like that.

Hard Mode

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Why do I have premonitions of four people on the safe side on the door and a fifth who didn’t make the run being on the wrong side with all the mobs going “Um, guys…?”?
But honestly I actually like the idea.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Hard Mode

Posted by: Ve Salu Sigtyr.4807

Ve Salu Sigtyr.4807

I miss some of the instances in GW1 that actually made you think. Places like the Deep or Urgoz. I would love a Hard Mode set of dungeons that required certain mechanics. The whole floofy feel good everyone can do anything they want vibe is nice and all, and it makes for great feelings and fuzzy bunnies, but it seriously detracts from good solid content. It always just feels like you’re playing a single player game with 4 other people in the room playing the same game, but doing their own thing.

For instance the locking doors and the horde of Hands of the Leviathan that came running at you in The Deep. You had two people stand on pressure plates to keep the doors open, and as soon as you stepped off the doors closed, effectively killing the bejeezus out of who ever was on the titan flooded side.
BUT, people found out ways around it, razzing people with distanced rez spells, shadow steps etc various teleports.

Right now it just feels like everyone can do everything, a few classes can make things more convenient, but no more or less difficult than anyone else, just cheaper or faster. Its a huge buzzkill tbh.

TLDR BRING ON THE HARD MODE DUNGEONS