Has anyone beaten SE path1 since patch?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Iambeastx.6805

Iambeastx.6805

Path 2 and 3 done in a pug with minimal difficulty.
Respawn issue in path 2 still there, path 2 bosses got a silent nerf.

But path 1 seems impossible now or insanely ridonculous to get past first wave.
Has anyone finished path 1 today?
How did you do it, whats where required.

All my life i wanted to be someone,
now i realise i should have been more specific.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

tried it, failed, knew it was a bust as soon as i seen the waves continue to spawn over and over.

Posted by: Lucavern.6829

Lucavern.6829

Guild just tried it, and the patrols seemed to constantly spawn, even while prior group was out. Engaging first golem boss didn’t stop the patrol spawns.

Posted by: Fetto.3910

Fetto.3910

I did it yesterday right after the patch. We had 3 people from our guild and 2 randoms.

You can avoid the infinite spawning waves on the 2nd boss if you hug the door. They spawn at the platform and won’t be attacking you.

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

@Fetto
How did you kill the first boss?

Posted by: Fetto.3910

Fetto.3910

We just timed the waves. Killed 1 wave while we were right in front of the boss. Then rushed in and focused the boss. We got 2 waves of adds while killing the boss. But our guardian did his best to keep blue bubbles up all the time. Once the first boss was dead we just ran and reset all the aggro.

Our team consisted of: 1 Supportive/Burning Guardian, 1 Shout-heal Warrior, 1 Epidemic Necro + 2 randoms which was a ranger and another warrior.

We struggled a bit with it, but I think that with a full guild team we wouldn’t have much trouble with it. We’re actually going to test that in a few mins!

Posted by: Hanzlo.3148

Hanzlo.3148

You can try and leave 1 monster alive at all the time and just ignore it so that other wave dosn’t respawn. Thats how we did it.

Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day.Live and die on this day.
Gunnar’s Hold – [ACID]

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Just beat it we zerged the first boss but for some reason the mobs stopped spawning not sure why guess it was a bug

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

my group of 3 with 2 pugs beat it. It’s all about getting past the waves and beating down the mobs(workers) around golem. Then run out and run back in while no mobs are up and hopefully burst down golem. After that run to noxx and knock him back into the corner behind his platform away from where the spawns happen. If you can get noxx with no mobs you are golden.

Posted by: shonn.5037

shonn.5037

as of today nov 4 ,2012 the first path the waves of mobs come every 25 seconds to 30 seconds endless waves . we all 80s in full gear with exotics. tryed for 2 hr but un able to get past the first boss , the waves stack up on you faster than u can kill the boss (robot) we also tryed to leave one alive and kite it around as the others kill the boss but the waves keep coming. this path is a waste of time dont try it untill its fixed!

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

It’s doable, not worth it. Done 2 days ago with 2 guildies and 2 pugs. We made it only because the whole team was very good, the dps was extremely high and in the meantime I was able to keep them up (me and another guardian). We just went Rambo-mode and rushed past all the adds, attacking the first champion (golem), ignoring the silver grenadiers and also running til the second boss. It took us more than 1h. Just avoid that path until they fix it, unless you have a nearly perfect team.

Posted by: shonn.5037

shonn.5037

but lets think about this ..SE is really a level 65+ dungion… so lets say every one is level 65. with yellow rare gear and weapons can they really finish this? when a bunch of skilled players in 80 exotics cant ( granted there may be a group set up) with balancing a group with 1 gardian, 1 necro,1 archer,1 elementalist,1 enginer. they should be able to do it.. it should not need to be all warriors and 1 gardian all sporting GS slashing at the boss robot.. maybe if the waves of mobs where not every 25 seconds … maybe every 1.5 min or 2 min it may give you time to get him down .

Posted by: Zardar.7508

Zardar.7508

Believe it or not i managed to do it with 4 ppl instead of 5 cause 1 couldnt handled it and quit.It took as a while but we found a way.Run up to golem and kill him fast then clear all turret thing ahead till next boss,then reset if can or wipe.Coordinate ur team right and make a run towards boss while trying to loss aggro from spawning engis(run back and forth to boss again to lose the aggro).When get to boss get asap to the door so no more engis hit you when spawn and start bumping the boss hard,priority #1 res your teammates fast,and have at least 1 bunker with you,at least i was.Hope i helped

Posted by: Kinoh.7423

Kinoh.7423

Same did it with 4 people, 1 afk the whole time. please note that this is the 1st time our group was doing this. Me the Guardian just push the mob coming while the 3 Elementalist DPS the golem, once its down we destroyed the barrier then I push the boss in the door while the Ele’s DPS near the ledge.

Posted by: kreo.2674

kreo.2674

another example of how frustrated people are getting with ur game dynamics. many of us have tried to be polite and respectful in our suggestions . but it just doesnt seem like arenanet is getting it. ur dynamics, and game structure needs to be corrected completely. even if u have to bring the game down for a month. wouldnt it be better than a huge amount of people that once loved this game, that no longer play because the diffuculty level of this game from personal story, to wvw, to pve is on insane.

Posted by: Razzy.2741

Razzy.2741

Yeah, it’s absolutely doable.

You destroy all barriers on the way to boss, ignoring the patrols. Then you run back to a safe spot, which is right before the long bridge, to the right side. You can wait untill all patrols pass, and then you run back to boss. Kill the adds first, then run back again to the safe spot ignoring patrols. When the patrols pass by, run once more and focus on boss only. Ignore the patrols. If your team has some support (and dugneons should include that, obviously), you should be able to kill Golem without problems. Even with two patrols on you.

BEER Guild - Dungeon Riders

Posted by: setilight.8713

setilight.8713

I did Path 1 last night with guildmates.

The first two bosses were somewhat complicated, because of the constant spawning waves of mobs, but we managed to kill them with a few wipes:
For the first boss we just ran up the path with swiftness, killed the Azura that accompanied the golem and ran back to the safe spot to kill the mobs. Then we ran back to the boss, killed it and wiped.
For the second boss we just slowly made our way up the path killing every wave and running only a few virtual meters between each wave. When we reached Nokk we wiped again, but we realized that the waves wouldn’t engage us if we hugged the door, down the ramp. I used a revive orb, so we didn’t have to fight all the waves of mobs again and we killed Nokk easily that way.

It is doable but not fun at all… In my opinion, the waves should stop during boss fights, or at least there should be a place where you could fight the golem safely.

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Did path 1 on the weekend it wasn’t so bad took about an hour. Just remember in the beginning to rush the golem boss, then rush the turrets, no need to kill any inquests or w/e they called, then fight at gate however some might have aggroed on you so kill any remaining or if u die hopefully someone has a revive orb it’d help a lot, but you can still run back anyway.

Yes one shouldn’t have to do this but if you really need to do the path before the next fix…

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: truebluecm.4692

truebluecm.4692

Yes one shouldn’t have to do this but if you really need to do the path before the next fix…

Thank you for admitting this. All of the people who have done this suggest ways in which death is a factor. There should be a way to do this without guaranteed death. To me there is something about clearing a dungeon without dying once that really makes me feel as though I beat it.

Posted by: Kashien.6278

Kashien.6278

You should read the SE Path 1.

Guide to doing SE Path 1

@OP. Please put this on your first page, so people know where to go on how to flawlessly beat the dungeon. Thanks.

Genuine friendship will endure any competition or dispute
Anbringehr-Human Guardian
My Build The Legendary Defender

(edited by Kashien.6278)

Posted by: exum.3746

exum.3746

beat it earlier with 3 tanky chars guard/warriors and 1 mesmer and 1 water ele. just ran past the pats zerged first boss ran to 2nd boss stayed way in the back

truebluecm.4692

Kashien, I have read and posted there.

Dungeons are supposed to be doable with a group of any five people, as long as they support each other and work as a team. Or so I thought. Maybe ANet is moving from that philosophy.

Kashien.6278

Yep. I dont know what else to do, we have tried many different combinations. We need mesmer for time warp. That is an absolute neccessity. Its a DPS race. I mean, we could not afford to lose any of our party.

Without thief we would have no invis
Without mesmer we would have no time warp
without both guardians we wouldnt have enough CC to keep them AWAY. not slow down. The whole point is the keep them AWAY. OUT OF RANGE.
Without the warrior we would be lacking considerable DPS. So, the question remains, Are you going to fix this anet? Or are we going to have to create Specific LFM’s now?

truebluecm.4692

The people who have posted about beating it say they have used at least 3 “tanky” individuals to “zerg” through. I just don’t consider it acceptable. The trinity is no longer supposed to exist yet people are suggesting you need at least 3 “tanky/bulky” individuals.
Zerging is just foul. Its failing repeatedly until the game just lets you pass. I should be able to beat a dungeon with NO Zerg elements.

Kashien.6278

The people who have posted about beating it say they have used at least 3 “tanky” individuals to “zerg” through. I just don’t consider it acceptable. The trinity is no longer supposed to exist yet people are suggesting you need at least 3 “tanky/bulky” individuals.
Zerging is just foul. Its failing repeatedly until the game just lets you pass. I should be able to beat a dungeon with NO Zerg elements.

^^^^ I 200% agree with this statement. Me and my guild personally like to take our time doing dungeons/ not zerging. Zerging should never be an option for completing. If you have to utilize your skills to keep the enemy at bay. THAT i can understand, and adds for an interesting element for gameplay. However, when it comes to the point that you have to rush past mobs in order to be victorious, thats when it becomes a no brainer easy win dungeon.

Kashien.6278

And although i didnt say you need tanky, I did say we had 2 guardians and a warrior, i know my math is a little rusty, but thats 3 tanky/ bulky people…

truebluecm.4692

Indeed, you did not say that. My mind just goes there naturally, because that is what it looks like is needed.

Posted by: Exebeast.4039

Exebeast.4039

As I posted in Kashien’s post. It is very possible, but it is one of the few dungeons that challenges people’s DPS and game play at the same time. I know everyone says they have a “talented group”, but the fact of the matter is that I have been able to burn down the mobs/boss with various group comps. I honestly believe it just shows the dead weight on a team. Since there are no damage meters etc. and because most of the content has been simplified, most players think their current play level is acceptable.

Instead of folding and saying “remake x” step up to the challenge to get better.

I remember the first time I ran AC explore path 1. I was a fresh level 35. I had a very difficult time. Now when we run our alts at that level, we clear the place with ease. It is a matter of learning the content AND learning to play better. I am sure you have seen a million players that are geared and “good” cry if you pull Kholer. Because you see them get pulled like every other spin.

Posted by: patasde.6087

patasde.6087

this infinite respawn in few seconds is intended or it is bug? any oficial info from devs? so i know if i must waste xx hours of trying or just wait for some fix?

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I just did path 1 a few hours ago so it’s definitely possible.

I don’t really know what the "normal"way is since it was my first time down this path. The Constant respawn was annoying but could be dealt with using a few tricks.

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

Yes, pretty easy when people listen, communicate, and stop laying for themselves and play for the team.

Edit: If needed I’ll explain what we did. our build up and strategy and such

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I beat it yesterday with 3 guys from a guild and a friend of mine. First part was troublesome but not impossible once you know what to do ( i.e. ignore the asuras and use spells that block projectiles )

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

another example of how frustrated people are getting with ur game dynamics. many of us have tried to be polite and respectful in our suggestions . but it just doesnt seem like arenanet is getting it. ur dynamics, and game structure needs to be corrected completely. even if u have to bring the game down for a month. wouldnt it be better than a huge amount of people that once loved this game, that no longer play because the diffuculty level of this game from personal story, to wvw, to pve is on insane.

You are entitled to your opinion but I think that outside very specific dungeon paths, once you reach max stats ( and it’s quite easy to do so ) there’s little to no challenge in the game, especially general pve which was easy even without good equip. Speaking of difficulty in regards to a primarily PvP mode such as WvW doesn’t make any sense, either. What do you want them to do to make it easier, lower your enemies’ stats?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

truebluecm.4692

Thanks for the feedback, I have not tried again since the initial defeat, but it is very nice hearing that people are able to clear it. I look forward to trying again using the advice given!

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

You should read the SE Path 1.

Guide to doing SE Path 1

@OP. Please put this on your first page, so people know where to go on how to flawlessly beat the dungeon. Thanks.

Look its real cool and all that you managed to clear it. But you used only 4 out of the 8 potential professions. Its not a guide when you basicly start with “make sure you roll one of these 4 professions”.

Path 1 is broken. Some have completed it, but it is by no means an acceptable difficulty. And very unlikely that you would clear it with a genuine pug.

Kashien.6278

I agree Terra. 100%, i mis typed when i said guide, what i should have said was “Our guilds way” to doing SE Path 1.

We have tried any other method and tried to fix our builds ,and swap gear. We are nowhere near bad players, and were sure as hell not the best, but the only way we’ve gotten past it, flawlessly, multiple upon multiple times now, is by using that setup.

We can get past it with other characters, but 4/5 of us die, or we have to jump into the lava to reset mobs. The only way we actually “DO” the dungeon, the “Right” way, is with that setup. Which shouldnt be “right” at all, because requiring certain classes to finish a dungeon should be a no-no

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

I did SE the other night on P2 and I agree with some of the others here, it was way to hard and no fun at all.

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Yeah, my team of pure dps couldn’t take down that golem in time. And well… We all know that song and dance

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz