Healing Guard Q&A

Healing Guard Q&A

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Hello again community!

Forums moderators please read this: this is NOT an LFG thread

I came back to you to answer some questions since my original thread was moved to LFG forum (i guess moderators just saw the key word and moved it my mistake – no biggie)

The questions I receive mostly related to stat combo I use and why I use it.

Why Clerics instead of Celestial, which is better for the job in every respect?

1) i will make myself a cleric set (ascended) but i dont plan to make a keeper set (too expensive). Do you think without keeper i will be ok for trash mobs? in a general way, how do you handle trash mobs with a cleric guard?

For starters: I tried celestial way back before June-23 patch when fractal trio was approx 2x harder and all I can say is NO. While it seems like this set will do “better job in every respect” in fact it does not. First of all it’s lacking power and DPS will be still bad, second of all your healing and tanking abilities will be kitten too and in fact you will not be able to act as a tank and a healer and you will be just acting as a bad DPS

I run 3 sets of armor and 2 sets of trinkets and I usually switch gear based on fractal:
1. Cleric Armor+Cleric Trinkets for Mossman/Archdiviner/Ettin/Dredge cage since my goal is to prove a tank and I don’t want to kite and move boss at all. I go full defensive just to let my team go full offensive and dont worry about boss moving. In dredge cage you don’t need to kill anything at all so your DPS does not matter and it really helps to have a tank who just runs in first and takes care of all aggro.
2. Keeper Armor+Zerk Trinkets for pretty much any other fractal and trash pulls/easy bosses (Uncategorized 2nd part, Urban, Dredge 2nd part, Showblind, Volcanic, Thaumanova, Molten Duo etc). It is quite possible to play entire fractal set with Keeper+Zerk if we get “easy rolls”. On a side note, if we do duo I still prefer cleric trinkets on Svanir Shaman cause that guy hurts a lot and you will run out of blocks eventually and I just prefer to let my ele go full dps instead of kiting.
3. Keeper Armor+Cleric trinkets when you need extensive healing (Frizz stacking spot, Heat room, Mai Trin)

So basically if you are cheap and wanna adopt our strategy – you can start with full clerics and do any encounter just fine and fast enough. You will still get about 30min trio result since your staff ele will dish out way more dps if you let him free cast (entire point of having healing guard in the party).

2) my guild doesn’t have a sinister / zerk engi for high level fractal. What is the 2nd best comp for fractal without an engi? 2 ele? 1war / 1 ele? or 1thief / 1 ele ?

You can go with any of these. Warrior is the best option DPS wise – banners will buff your ele to godly state. However warriors have no blinds and no stealth. Second ele will be almost just as fast as a warrior. Thief is the most “safe” alternative for an engie since he can stealth you in Dredge/Uncategorized/Mai/Urban and can provide perma blinds for just pretty much everything.

If you have a player who can roll both warrior and thief that would be actually perfect. He can start swamp as a warrior and then swap to thief if you roll a fractal that requires stealth.

Good luck!

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Now you’re just doing it for attention…
Also, you’re talking about “best option DPS wise” while running healer guard? If there was anything that would be the best option DPS wise, it would be you getting rid of your clerics gear

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

A-again? How many.. how many threads..?
/falls asleep

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Do people really need survivable gear to do stuff easily ever since the Great Power Creep Patch of June 2015?

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Do people really need survivable gear to do stuff easily ever since the Great Power Creep Patch of June 2015?

Tried a trio in Cliffside with Spoj and Gabe in EU. It’s not that easy as people always think. Spoj and Gabe are far from lacking any skills or knowledge, however, the encounter is still very punishing with every little mistakes we made. You can ask them how many time we wiped there. Then go look at how Skady’s group pull a hattrick off the Arm Seals effortlessly.

We are talking about a trio, not a full 5 man team. Fractal shards like Cliffside, Dredge or Urban are generally tougher when lowman. Power creep probably contributes very little in a trio group.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Healing Guard Q&A

Skady.5916

Also, you’re talking about “best option DPS wise” while running healer guard? If there was anything that would be the best option DPS wise, it would be you getting rid of your clerics gear

I was talking about the best DPS option for Ele/X combo, we still optimize other 2 slots DPS-wise. The fact that we go with cleric does not mean that we do something slow or do not try to optimize runs.

Healing guardian is there to
1. increase DPS uptime for others
2. minimize wipes due to human factor errors and bad RNG. Example: Imbued shaman goes shield phase and puts lava pit right on top. With full zerk it can mean inevitable wipe, with healing guard you just pop some cooldowns and laugh it off.

People already posted feedback from running with us – 3 fotm 50s in under 2 hours. This is no joke and it can be done on a daily basis and you don’t need Sesshi-level players to pull it off, you shall not care if you get Mossman/Colossus/Dredge/Mai all in one fractal. I can even pull it off with you as long as you can play DPS classes on a decent level (im not trying to offend you here I just really never played with you).

-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

So basically this “Healing Guard” setup is for bad people. You literally said it yourself.
If you want a tank and you’re with 2 eles, use 2 earth eles, gg easy done.
Cliffside is kitten easy with traited glyphs and eles knowing how to chain them.
Grawl is easy as well as long as you don’t attack during enraged or coordinate with guards F2 better. Hell you can even open field the adds at start in a trio.
For dredge just get a thief and shadowstep, rest is faceroll.
Mai Trin is l2p issue which every player eventually learns 1 way or another.
Not trying to be rude here but you don’t need “Sesshi level player skill” to be able to chain few skills, dodge and know mechanics.
Skill part comes into play in duos and solos which is a different topic.

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: CrAcKeDmUfFiN.9402

CrAcKeDmUfFiN.9402

Some people always will need survivable gear. Some use skill and practice to laugh off boss mechanics instead of gear, but to each their own.

Slow Down

Grab the Wall

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Sesshi.2610

Sesshi.2610

Not gonna argue about cleric tank/anchor/carry whatever you name it guardian, if it’s just to get smooth reliable but not as fast runs as optimal gear/build/class I can see why one would run it
Having done many fractal 50 duos and trios we averaged 30-50min runs in a duo and about 20-30mins in a trio.
for a duo went with 2 ele ( both strength runes , strength sigil and fried dumpling food) and ele+guard (just for imbued shaman and uncat last boss) the only place I found war+ele useful is uncategorized champions and mossman(if the war can handle the aggro ofc)
I dont think in a trio warrior can replace a 2nd ele for ‘better dps’ especially since i assume you tank the mob(s) with your guardian
I really havent found any need for running anything but zerker in a duo let alone a trio
The 2 ‘hardest’ fractals in a duo/trio which are imo cliffside and grawl can be easily done as long as you run proper comp/build and have good tactics for low man

(edited by Sesshi.2610)

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

So basically this “Healing Guard” setup is for bad people. You literally said it yourself.
If you want a tank and you’re with 2 eles, use 2 earth eles, gg easy done.
Cliffside is kitten easy with traited glyphs and eles knowing how to chain them.
Grawl is easy as well as long as you don’t attack during enraged or coordinate with guards F2 better. Hell you can even open field the adds at start in a trio.
For dredge just get a thief and shadowstep, rest is faceroll.
Mai Trin is l2p issue which every player eventually learns 1 way or another.
Not trying to be rude here but you don’t need “Sesshi level player skill” to be able to chain few skills, dodge and know mechanics.
Skill part comes into play in duos and solos which is a different topic.

Mhm, less than perfect players. What’s nice about it is not that it suddenly makes all this stuff possible. It’s that it makes it consistent, where your screw ups can be more easily recovered from (unless they’re one shots).

It’s not going to save me from a overhand axe from mossman, not going to save me from eating the swoop from the Grawl Shaman, but it will save me if I take a bouncing axe or arrow to the face.

If everyone were perfect, yeah knights gear would accomplish the tanking aspects and there’s be no use to the heals, but not everyone is perfect. And even if you do play perfect it’s a nice backup to have in case you do stumble at the end as it can prevent a wipe.

If you’re looking for a smooth, easy, consistent run without sacrificing too much time (could end up even less time if you’re having an off day) then this is a great option. If you’re confident you won’t be screwing up and wiping on any encounter, then yeah zerk it up.

Healing Guard Q&A

Iris Ng.9845

Let’s look at it this way. It’s a trio pug.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Card.9704

Card.9704

>this milk is two weeks past due, just try it
>have you tried it? how can you say its bad then?
>if you’re not gunna try it, you can’t say its a bad idea

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

I would love to see fractal trio guide for full berserker comps from the berserker advocators. That way people can ease into the optimal playstyle.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Card.9704

Card.9704

1) roll fractal
2) do fractal
3) see attached

Nothing is radically different from a full group except things die a bit slower so you actually need to know some of the mechanics.

Attachments:

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

The last thread it was basically agreed upon that as far as efficiency and speed was concerned, it was not better to use a healing guard + 2 people running damage oriented builds but it was just what worked for them in particular.

Since the specializations update it only amplifies how much more efficient 3 people running DPS builds over a healer + 2 DPS players is.

I personally have no issue whatsoever with you Skady and all the power to you for finding something that you enjoy playing with and glad it works out for you.

As long as you don’t claim it as a general statement for it to be better or to use a healing guard + 2 DPS players over 3 people using DPS builds, then it’s fine. The distinction between declaring it as a general statement and claiming it’s something that works best for you and your friends in particular is kind of important if you want to make sure that you aren’t interpreted incorrectly.

As for the side discussion about cliffside trio being difficult… I suggest anyone struggling with it to try with two eles next time and trait for Inscriptions for reduced recharge on Sandstorm. It will be very very easy to maintain enough blinds for the trash mobs, regardless of what class the third player is using.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Are you guys so insecure about your abilities (or so egoistic) that you simply have to keep telling everyone how awesome you are at the game, how easy it is for you and how everyone else should l2p? The fact is in this game there are players of various skill levels. This setup has its own goals and is very serious, it has been proven to us it works. Even Iris (who I believe is a very serious and respected player) acknowledged very good players can have trouble at more difficult fractals and this trio has dealt with it very efficiently.
^What Eco said. If you want to demonstrate to everyone how incredibly awesome you are, how noone in the game is a match for you and how easy it is to do the complete fractal with zerker, record it and make it a guide for us, the unskilled noobs, who can’t even do a smooth (20 minutes no wipes) FotM 50 full zerker trio.

Now I totally see what Jerus meant back in the other topic. If you’ve only came to make fun of other players and don’t come up with anything constructive, kitten off.

Healing Guard Q&A

Skady.5916

As long as you don’t claim it as a general statement for it to be better or to use a healing guard + 2 DPS players over 3 people using DPS builds, then it’s fine. The distinction between declaring it as a general statement and claiming it’s something that works best for you and your friends in particular is kind of important if you want to make sure that you aren’t interpreted incorrectly.

I never claimed that healing guard + DPS is faster. I have absolutely no doubts that there are people out there who are really good at this game and play with other really good players for 5 years together and they can do fractal trios faster and maybe even post a video of it some day.

The thing is that I play with different players every day and they all have very different skill level. And I never rely on some specific person or specific profession to be online and available – and we complete 8 fractal runs under 5-6 hours daily (i.e. everyday without failure).

People do not understand that there is a big difference between “record” runs and strategies and “farm” runs and strategies. For some reason these two entities are completely mixed up in people’s minds and they think that it is the same thing. Maybe that’s because general crowd does not understand how many wipes and failed attempts stand behind record runs – teams can wipe for hours just to get that perfect time. Or maybe that’s because original dungeons introduced at head-start were too linear and easy so that record strategies happened to become farm strategies. Anyways for high-level fractals IMO it is not the same thing.

I was always curious as to how full-zerk trio runs go. I always wanted to compare but I could not find any other trio team that could do at least 10 runs and compare times. Maybe you can help me with that and we do it for science?

-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Healing Guard Q&A

bladex.9502

I still don’t see why there is a discussion about this.
Trio fractals are exactly the same as five man fractals, you just miss out on a bit of DPS, so the fight takes longer and you actually have to bind your dodge key.
Every argument you gave in this thread can be solved by using your dodge key.
You want eles to not have to interrupt their meteor shower? deepfreeze the boss.

Having to use tank/healing gear for “smooth” runs just indicates that you lack knowledge of the mechanics.

Don’t post this here and expect not to receive criticism.
Its a forum after all, and its literally here for people to share their opinions, whether you agree with them or not.
A certain group of whiteknights doesn’t seem to understand that and as soon as an argument that they don’t agree with is given its called “egoistic”

People refrained from kittenposting on the first thread, posting a second thread after the first one was reported and moved is just provocative, unnecessary and makes you look like a really bad troll that’s just looking for attention

You keep giving examples that only “sesshi-level players” can trio a fractal smoothly in berserker gear (while even Sesshi told you its bullkitten).
But honestly, I could get 2 random friends that have never done a fractal trio before, and as long as they know the mechanics of the bosses and use their dodge key/blinds/freezes efficiently we could still do a smooth run without the need of any healer gear.

here’s a video of a casual fractal trio with proper gear

They are not using any record strats at all, and still do it 15-20 minutes faster than your described runs, just by using proper gear and knowing mechanics.
They even wipe once, but the time they lose by wiping is greatly made up by actually doing DPS instead of wasting 1 character to function as a safety net.

Like I said in the last thread, I don’t have any problem with you using healing gear in your personal runs if it works for you, but stop trying to convince others that its better.
Maybe I like to do my fractal trios with a support necro and 2 trapper rangers for DPS, but I don’t post 2 threads about it, because I know people are gonna respond to it and tell me i’m wrong.
You should have known this too if you ever visit the dungeon subforum, because if you’re gonna post something like this that provides nothing constructive or helpful to 99% of the players, you’re either gonna get people that agree with you, or people that don’t agree with you

I honestly wish I played on NA so I could experience one of your runs myself, maybe it would change my mind, but judging by your posts and videos, this is my opinion on the matter

(edited by bladex.9502)

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

You know what, I don’t have any problem with this if it’s for safe trio pug.

The problem is when people run this build in a 5 man group and think it’s good. I’ve met several of them.

Healing Guard Q&A

Skady.5916

Hey bladex, I appreciate you feedback but please stop trying to insult me with all of this “you just seeking attention” and “you are noob” comments – it’s just unprofessional and nonconstructive. Last time I checked this was dungeon/fotm forum and not “zerk only no clerics” forum so I have exactly the same right to post here as everyone else.

If person posting on forums that does not necessarily mean that he is looking for attention or has any malicious intent. I get quite a bit of positive feedback but mostly in whispers and PMs. People are afraid of leaving any positive feedback openly because they are scared to be bullied by someone like you. I am not afraid of you and I am not afraid to say that you just being rude and nonconstructive. You still have a chance to change your attitude thou and maybe some day experience some runs with me or another cleric guardians (I know at least one who plays on EU).

Now to the video you linked.
Its a really nice run I really enjoyed snowblind fractal – props to the guys. 22-25 min is normal when you get these rolls.
As a counter examples I can link you my runs with the same fractal rolls:
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WYiE3qHZQg&list=PLCxfgAjHhmmwpAM9N2AgBQODeGx33wRih&index=9 Snowblind trio with Healing guardian took 10min vs 9min full zerk. But I would like to note that SC team used risky spawnrush strategy and if they did not get lucky enough that could have extended run for another min.
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-OJyULLbmU&list=PLCxfgAjHhmmwpAM9N2AgBQODeGx33wRih&index=16 Aetherblade trio with healing guardian took 7:40 which is exactly the same time as full zerk team. With healing guardian you can just stack in the corner and heal up through which full zerk team cannot pull off and they have to kite instead.

As you can see 2 fractals (Snowblind and Aetherblade) take nearly the same time with full zerk or healer+zerk combo. 15-20 min difference is just a lie or misinformation

Have a nice day and I would like to see more trio videos if you have any!

-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

the reason there is once again a discussion about this stems from Skadys intense craving for attention and self validation.
no one is arguing that clerics/anchor/whatever guard build she plays is alright to make efficient/smooth/easy runs.
what people are arguing about is her intense need to talk down on people in order to self validate, because apparently only elite level players can do fotm trios in full zerk comps.
this craving for attention along with the whiteknights coming out, spamming something about egoistic behaviour and looking down on anyone who isn’t playing zerker (the classic PHIW reddit comments) is what stirs arguments/discussions about this.

honestly I just think its really disrespectful to the tons of fotm teams selling trios in zerker gear to be constantly and publically looked down on by this clerics girl because she’s desperate for attention.

and since you’re so desperately looking for people to compare vods to, let me highlight some of my own potato quality pc recordings (taken for self improvement and reflection but honestly im getting tired of how facetious you are). ill post them later.

Healing Guard Q&A

bladex.9502

Where exactly did you see me write “you are noob”?
You fail to understand that people are just giving their opinion.
Last time I checked, we are free to give our opinion on a thread that is openly available to everyone visiting this forum.
Also last time I checked, this isn’t the place to post builds, there’s a guardian subforum for that, as well as a community creations subforum.
Even if your runs were godtier, there would be no reason to post this.

You don’t see people posting “berserker elementalist Q&A” so why would using clerics gear make you so interesting that you have to host a “Q&A” about it?

You’re just desperately craving for attention, and kitten me for giving it to you…

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

I don’t agree with the OP’s conclusion of using a Healing Guard as an overall effective method of doing fractals, even at a 3-person self-imposed cap (to, I suppose, sell it afterwards or farm it).

However, I think some people are taking the existence of this thread way too personally. I don’t detect any malice from the OP – just a strongly held differing opinion from the majority of the community of this particular subset of the game, and the desire to have a discussion over that difference. I don’t think there’s anything “disrespectful” about it.

People getting angry or righteously indignant about this should probably take a step back and calm down.

(edited by Neko.9021)

Healing Guard Q&A

Skady.5916

Last time I checked, we are free to give our opinion on a thread that is openly available to everyone visiting this forum.
Also last time I checked, this isn’t the place to post builds, there’s a guardian subforum for that, as well as a community creations subforum.

You don’t see people posting “berserker elementalist Q&A” so why would using clerics gear make you so interesting that you have to host a “Q&A” about it?

You’re just desperately craving for attention, and kitten me for giving it to you…

OK,
I am glad you completely ignored other part of my post comparing healing guardian trio times vs. full-zerk trio times. At least I tried to have a constructive discussion with you

-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Healing Guard Q&A

theoutsider.7849

as promised
these are casual 50s from the last few days, im a kitten ele but its an off class. i VoD these to improve, but im actually so triggered by how facetious this thread is im gonna post them anyways

mossman
http://www.twitch.tv/casualnova/v/11670392
http://www.twitch.tv/casualnova/v/11672010

uncat champs
http://www.twitch.tv/casualnova/v/11670548
http://www.twitch.tv/casualnova/v/11670860

olde tom
http://www.twitch.tv/casualnova/v/11671591

raving brosura
http://www.twitch.tv/casualnova/v/11671413
http://www.twitch.tv/casualnova/v/11671744

svanir guy
http://www.twitch.tv/casualnova/v/11672133

cliffside
http://www.twitch.tv/casualnova/v/11671130

things not even clerics guard can save u from
http://www.twitch.tv/casualnova/v/11568962

im gonna start recording some full runs when I get around making a chat cover maybe but tbh why bother
our runs are very casual, we barely skip except with feathers/spykits, we dont log other classes, we still finish avg 30min
we wipe when we brainlag and/or just fail but the time gained from actually having a character doing useful dps outweighs the time lost on wipes sry
other side notes, we all play 300 ping, i really have no clue how to ele, use str runes, our lineup is far from optimized because were running crutches and we still match ur time
so what happens when actually good people do a zerker trio?

we also dont use voice coms

/rant

(edited by theoutsider.7849)

Healing Guard Q&A

Skady.5916

Thanks for vids really nice!
And special thanks for acknowledging that your times are comparable to our times and there is no 15-20min gap like someone stated above. I am pretty sure it is possible to do better just as you said.

P.S. Just as you I have no idea how you went all the way to double-downed on Frizz but ironically healing guardian would have saved the day for you in that case If you don’t mind taking suggestion from a clerics casual – you can try dropping WoR for HtL and Shelter for RtL. You can block projectiles with mace3 instead and HtL will give you sustain that needed for that encounter (if you do corner stack).

-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Healing Guard Q&A

theoutsider.7849

Special thanks for completely ignoring the facts that slow down our performance to avg 30min and taking comparable times for granted.
i am 100% certain an optimized party can shape off those 10min with a bit of practice, if they don’t run into any of the time gated rolls.

it wasnt getting double downed I have no explanation for it was getting instakilled through downed invuln frames lol
w/e im done with this thread, this ignorance just keeps triggering me in unimaginable ways lol

(edited by theoutsider.7849)

Healing Guard Q&A

Iris Ng.9845

Special thanks for completely ignoring the facts that slow down our performance to avg 30min and taking comparable times for granted.
i am 100% certain an optimized party can shape off those 10min with a bit of practice, if they don’t run into any of the time gated rolls.

it wasnt getting double downed I have no explanation for it was getting instakilled through downed invuln frames lol
w/e im done with this thread, this ignorance just keeps triggering me in unimaginable ways lol

Excuse me if I miss anything from your twitch. Which facts are you talking about?

Healing Guard Q&A

bladex.9502

This guard said he does fractals every day for 6 hours straight, and theoutsider mentions he doesn’t even know how to play ele, yet their times are still the same.
Your clerics bullkitten just isn’t going to get anywhere near times done in zerker gear by people that do fractals as much as you

Healing Guard Q&A

theoutsider.7849

Excuse me if I miss anything from your twitch. Which facts are you talking about?

are you just another illiterate white knight?
to quote myself

our runs are very casual, we barely skip except with feathers/spykits, we dont log other classes, we still finish avg 30min
we wipe when we brainlag and/or just fail but the time gained from actually having a character doing useful dps outweighs the time lost on wipes sry
other side notes, we all play 300 ping, i really have no clue how to ele, use str runes, our lineup is far from optimized because were running crutches and we still match ur time
so what happens when actually good people do a zerker trio?

we also dont use voice coms

/rant

2 aus players+1 eu on NA = avg 300ms, we run clutches like endure pain and arcane shield because the lag kills, our lineup isnt optimized (I use str runes instead of scholar for example), we use cheap consumables, war ele guard isn’t the best fotm comp, im not an ele main, the war isnt a war main, we have no stealth to skip and STILL the times are the same.
if anything, doesn’t that just mean we kill kitten way faster? the vods show it, we got a minute+ on uncat champs, mossman, 30-40s on timegated raving asura, probably another min on old tom.

berserker guard kills kitten faster and can tank just as well, thats my final input to this thread

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

^ Nothing to add, but

Attachments:

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Wow, are you guys really this easily upset that someone else might want to play differently from you?

Skady is just sharing the recipe that works for them. You don’t have to change to it, they’re not saying it’s better, they’re simply saying it’s an alternate playstyle that works for them and that they get consistent and smooth results from it.

Jesus. Lighten (grow?) up folks. Not everything is a kittening contest.

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Skady is just sharing the recipe that works for them.

Yea we know, this is like the 12th kittening thread about it

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Now you’re just doing it for attention…

So basically this “Healing Guard” setup is for bad people.

How many of those people EVER did a full trio Fractal 50? I really really want to know. I specifically point at you 3 and ask you if you ever did a trio fractal 50. Or are you just talking about this like she was speaking about CoF Path 1 with a group 5. Now try to do it in 30min or less. Some people are able, the majority ain’t.

Trio Fractal 50 isn’t as easy as most of the game.

Skady is just sharing the recipe that works for them.

Yea we know, this is like the 12th kittening thread about it

Really 12th? Why the hate. I saw 3 maybe 4 of her post. Why is it too much? You don’t need to read it if you don’t want.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Healing Guard Q&A

Element Two.7316

How many of those people EVER did a full trio Fractal 50? I really really want to know. I specifically point at you 3 and ask you if you ever did a trio fractal 50.

Of all the people to ask that too heh. I think you’re seriously overestimating the amount of skill required to trio 50 and underestimating the amount of people who do it. As many people solo/duo/trio 50 nowadays as people were solo/duo/trio’ing Arah in 2013/4.

Healing Guard Q&A

Thaddeus.4891

Of all the people to ask that too heh. I think you’re seriously overestimating the amount of skill required to trio 50 and underestimating the amount of people who do it. As many people solo/duo/trio 50 nowadays as people were solo/duo/trio’ing Arah in 2013/4.

I don’t overestimating the amount of skill required to trio 50. I know exactly what it is. Maybe you oversetimating the skills of players in general. My points is that for most people running 1 Cleric Guardian + 2 DPS or 3 DPS won’t make much difference in running time. In dungeon, fractal with 5 people the cleric guardian don’t help your team much, but at a trio fractal 50 it start to help the team go faster. It’s not optimal, but it’s a good setup. Opposed to in dungeon, where this kind of setup have no purpose.

Healing Guard Q&A

EcoRI.9273

I think you should change the title to healing spec for fotm q&a before some1 report this thread

Healing Guard Q&A

EcoRI.9273

Just because reddit does reposts of the same topic and get thousands of karma doesnt mean its the right thing to do. I mean look at all the people in those threads complaining that its a repost. I mean there is possibly no way people have missed reading the old threads am i right?

Healing Guard Q&A

Thaddeus.4891

Just because reddit does reposts of the same topic and get thousands of karma doesnt mean its the right thing to do. I mean look at all the people in those threads complaining that its a repost. I mean there is possibly no way people have missed reading the old threads am i right?

But this isn’t a repost. Where people get that. Look at her post history. She created 2 tread in the last 2 months. The first was to search for more people to do run with her and this one. This repost / 12h post is freaking bullkitten. People are really so mad about her talking about that, that they make kitten up? Just wow.

Healing Guard Q&A

dlonie.6547

But this isn’t a repost. Where people get that. Look at her post history. She created 2 tread in the last 2 months. The first was to search for more people to do run with her and this one. This repost / 12h post is freaking bullkitten. People are really so mad about her talking about that, that they make kitten up? Just wow.

You and your kittening facts…Will you knock it off already? People are trying to be snarky and outraged here! How else can we let everyone know how big and hairy our balls are?

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Maybe some people just don’t see any value in easier but slightly slower runs.

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Having to use tank/healing gear for “smooth” runs just indicates that you lack knowledge of the mechanics.

Not word for word, but same meaning.

But, it’s simply untrue. It’s not a lack of knowledge, it’s an acceptance of potentially imperfect play and intelligence in countering that.

If a team is confident in perfect or very near perfect play, zerk is of course the best option. The point of these threads is to show the power in alternatives, that clerics gear isn’t going to ruin a run and kill everyone due to lack of damage. Of course that is if it’s played well.

As I said in the first thread she posted (you know, the 1st of 3, one months back, the LF more a few days ago, and this one) I would think we would be celebrating these examples. We’ve been given video evidence to the claims we all often make that defensive gear makes the game easy and has plenty of power to it. Instead people froth at the mouth a little and decide to bash it. All that’s being claimed here is that you can get that easier and more consistent play without a severe loss in time, and there’s evidence to support that.

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

For starters: I tried celestial way back before June-23 patch when fractal trio was approx 2x harder and all I can say is NO. While it seems like this set will do “better job in every respect” in fact it does not. First of all it’s lacking power and DPS will be still bad, second of all your healing and tanking abilities will be kitten too and in fact you will not be able to act as a tank and a healer and you will be just acting as a bad DPS

It’s not worse. It’s better DPS and better EHP. These are facts. You can say it didn’t work as well for you, but thats anecdotal BS that has no bearing on the facts. You are coming to a conclusion first and post hoc justifying it. Simply put, if you want to advocate this playstyle fine, but at least take the time to min/max it so you are advocating for it correctly.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Healing Guard Q&A

dlonie.6547

Maybe some people just don’t see any value in easier but slightly slower runs.

Perhaps so, but personal attacks, insults, and general kittenery aren’t a mature way to communicate that. (Not that you, frifox, had been involved in any of that from what I’ve seen.)

Remember this guy? https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/To-the-dungeon-fractal-raid-community I’d like to think he’s correct, but I’m just not seeing it.

Healing Guard Q&A

Element Two.7316

Regardless of whether you understand what a hyperbole is or not, surely even you must agree that this thead serves so real purpose?

Healing Guard Q&A

Thaddeus.4891

You and your kittening facts…Will you knock it off already? People are trying to be snarky and outraged here! How else can we let everyone know how big and hairy our balls are?

I know i’m sorry

We’ve been given video evidence to the claims we all often make that defensive gear makes the game easy and has plenty of power to it. Instead people froth at the mouth a little and decide to bash it.

IKR. This is unbelievable. People see 30min Fractal in trio and since there is a cleric guardian in it, they bash it like it was twice as long since there is a cleric guardian in it. Most 5 man pugs do fractal in 30-45min, while record run are usually around 20min with 5 people.

Healing Guard Q&A

dlonie.6547

Regardless of whether you understand what a hyperbole is or not, surely even you must agree that this thead serves so real purpose?

Well, it could serve as a basis for discussion, if the folks who frequented this subforum were capable of discussing things other than which questionable tactics should be included in speedruns.

Seriously? No real purpose? O.o

Please let me know what sorts of threads have “real purpose” on this forum.

Healing Guard Q&A

Thaddeus.4891

Hyperbole doesn’t mean inventing fact from scratch.

And no I disagree, this thread need more publicity. A good proportion of the dungeon community are becoming metabattle drones these days. They need to be constantly reassure that their way is the best and freak out each second someone talk about something else. Even if they did it while walking on eggshell and said multiple time that they know their way isn’t optimal and can still work ok.

There is stuff outside the meta that are still good even if they are not optimal.

(edited by Thaddeus.4891)

Healing Guard Q&A

EcoRI.9273

Officially running range shortbow thief and PTV guardian is the most effective way of running marathon fotm 50s. Proof: [KING] fotm tourney. That is fact, everything else is just made up as there is no evidence to suggest berserker is better in marathon fotm runs.

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

Healing Guard Q&A

dlonie.6547

There is stuff outside the meta that are still good even if they are not optimal.

BUT BUT BUT

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR NOT ZERK GTFO

whispers am i doin it rite guis?