Healing Guard Q&A

Healing Guard Q&A

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Officially running range shortbow thief and PTV guardian is the most effective way of running marathon fotm 50s. Proof: [KING] fotm tourney. That is fact everything else is just made up as there is no evidence to suggest berserker is better in marathon fotm runs.

Are you implying that anyone here said that using a Cleric Guardian in a trio fractal is a most effective way of running anything? We just said that it’s a good and smooth option. Nothing about most effective or anything like that.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

There is stuff outside the meta that are still good even if they are not optimal.

BUT BUT BUT

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR NOT ZERK GTFO

whispers am i doin it rite guis?

nope HUUUUUUUR implies you are trolling and giving away sarcasm. its just a bad offender as /s.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

Some of the ridiculous posts in this thread serve as a really good example as to why there aren’t more people both posting in this subforum, and why more people don’t take a crack at getting into the type of ‘elite’ play you guys often discuss here. This sort of crap just puts people off for good, which i think is sad.

We have someone here who’s posted some pretty nice video’s where she clearly shows that her runs are both quick and mechanically sound for the style of play she’s going for, and people bash it simply because it differs from the most optimal way of doing things under perfect conditions? That’s just silly, and an overly elitist way of approaching the subject that does nothing but weaken your own position.

Anyway, silly arguments and whining aside, the videos were cool, and show that defensive gear in a trio set-up isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It’s not optimal, and i wouldn’t consider changing my full berserker’s trio group to accommodate one, but it’s definitely not bad or deserving of any derision. And as the OP explains, whilst running in a pug set-up it’s probably preferable to running full berserker gear as a safety net when you don’t know everyone’s capabilities.

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

There is stuff outside the meta that are still good even if they are not optimal.

BUT BUT BUT

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR NOT ZERK GTFO

whispers am i doin it rite guis?

nope HUUUUUUUR implies you are trolling and giving away sarcasm. its just a bad offender as /s.

rats.

Maybe someday I’ll be cool enough to sit at the big boy table.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I never claimed that healing guard + DPS is faster. I have absolutely no doubts that there are people out there who are really good at this game and play with other really good players for 5 years together and they can do fractal trios faster and maybe even post a video of it some day.

Sadly I have no saved recordings of anything trio fotm related on my laptop other than a ~2:31 mossman from 4-5 months ago. It was possible to get sub-2:00 back then so it wasn’t really that good, but I will send you it privately instead of posting it on this thread.

No clue on how fast it can be done now, maybe around 1:15?

As for a full run recording I will see what I can do.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Officially running range shortbow thief and PTV guardian is the most effective way of running marathon fotm 50s. Proof: [KING] fotm tourney. That is fact everything else is just made up as there is no evidence to suggest berserker is better in marathon fotm runs.

Are you implying that anyone here said that using a Cleric Guardian in a trio fractal is a most effective way of running anything? We just said that it’s a good and smooth option. Nothing about most effective or anything like that.

People tend to have selective memory. They average their runs with their best runs and not their actual average runs.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Healing Guard Q&A

Thaddeus.4891

People tend to have selective memory. They average their runs with their best runs and not their actual average runs.

Don’t do that please Say it clearly. Are you asking if their 25-30min is their best time ever and that most of the time their average is a lot higher. High enough that it would invalidate the point that their run is both smooth and quick (even if not as quick as full zerker). Are you implying that most of their run take 45min-1hours?

What are you trying to half say exactly.

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

Sadly I have no saved recordings of anything trio fotm related on my laptop other than a ~2:31 mossman from 4-5 months ago. It was possible to get sub-2:00 back then so it wasn’t really that good, but I will send you it privately instead of posting it on this thread.

No clue on how fast it can be done now, maybe around 1:15?

As for a full run recording I will see what I can do.

If RNG is on your side, I’m sure 60s ish is optimal for Mossman. If he doesn’t comply and doesn’t leave stealth, I’m guessing 1min20? 1min10?
My own trios are pretty much around the 1min20 mark but I don’t DPS flawlessly, losing a ton of DPS to what I like to call queue lag

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Very true.

As I said before though, it took us ~2 hours to do and sell off 4 slots in each of 3 50’s (rotating the 3 of us as the 5th for personal credit). Only done it a few times with them so we did have a hiccup or two I caused because I screwed up the tactics we were intending to use. IIRC we had Mossy twice, bloom once, I believe it was Ascalon/Grawl/CliffsideX2/DredgeX2, then Mai twice and Duo once. Started shortly after reset(5pm is reset for me) and finished around 7:15. So ~40 mins each with selling spots.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Some of the ridiculous posts in this thread serve as a really good example as to why there aren’t more people both posting in this subforum, and why more people don’t take a crack at getting into the type of ‘elite’ play you guys often discuss here. This sort of crap just puts people off for good, which i think is sad.

Very true.

Thank you OP for posting the videos and extra information, it’s always nice to be aware of all the available options.

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

I almost run out of popcorn. :>

Something, the supporter of this topic, seem not to understand. Most of the “complaining” here isn’t really about the cleric thingy, this got most likely already discussed in the first topic.
The thing is, there was a thread here on the forums about this stuff, then there was a reddit thread and now, there is a forums thread again. Skady can say what she wants, but at some point it really looks like she is seeking for attention.

About playing with a “tanky” guardian in fractals. Why shouldn’t you? If you don’t care that your runs will be a bit slower, you can do so, because it will make it way easier. Mistakes are more forgiving than running with zerker.
Is clerics gear and camping mace the optimal thing to do? Not in my opinion, there are better options pulling this off.
Is a “tanky” clerics guardian even needed for Fractals? Not at all, for most of the stuff it doesn’t make a difference at all. A zerker guardian will be as tanky as a clerics guardian, but he will do way more damage.

One thing I had to laugh about, when I look back at the reddit thread. Skady saying, that they like the challenge of 3 maning fractals, but then running clerics guardian. It doesn’t make sense at all.
Better get a nomads guard then, being afk on hammer, that’s the real challenge tho. Kappa

But yeah, as I kinda mentioned above already, most people aren’t concerned about her playing clerics, more like that it is absolutely not needed and that this topic pops up all over again.
Just my two cents.

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

On one side I hope the thread gets locked cus none of the sides will ever agree with eachother, but at the same time this has been quite the bundle of entertainment.

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Diversity is good, diversity is a strength.

Healing Guard Q&A

Thaddeus.4891

The thing is, there was a thread here on the forums about this stuff, then there was a reddit thread and now, there is a forums thread again. Skady can say what she wants, but at some point it really looks like she is seeking for attention.

Really? That’s enough to irritate people these days? She created a tread to ask if people would be interested in joining her run. That tread was put on the Looking For Subforum, but a lot of people seem interested in it. So she created this tread for people that want to know more (because let’s face it, a very limited amount of people look at the Looking For subforum). And she started 1 reddit tread, which is on a totally different website. I created tread on two website before and nobody was freaking out over that. I saw people start almost identical tread in different subforum on this website and maybe 2-3 people just pointed the fact that he repeated himself. Now she start one tread to get more people in her run and another one for people to ask question and it’s like a witch hunt.

Hey if she start another tread about the same subject ya I could agree with that idea. But right now, she done nothing wrong. Can it be that there is a little hate about the subject and people are trying to find reason to be upset?

Healing Guard Q&A

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

I almost run out of popcorn. :>

Something, the supporter of this topic, seem not to understand. Most of the “complaining” here isn’t really about the cleric thingy, this got most likely already discussed in the first topic.

About playing with a “tanky” guardian in fractals. Why shouldn’t you? If you don’t care that your runs will be a bit slower, you can do so, because it will make it way easier. Mistakes are more forgiving than running with zerker.
Is clerics gear and camping mace the optimal thing to do? Not in my opinion, there are better options pulling this off.
Is a “tanky” clerics guardian even needed for Fractals? Not at all, for most of the stuff it doesn’t make a difference at all. A zerker guardian will be as tanky as a clerics guardian, but he will do way more damage.

One thing I had to laugh about, when I look back at the reddit thread. Skady saying, that they like the challenge of 3 maning fractals, but then running clerics guardian. It doesn’t make sense at all.
Better get a nomads guard then, being afk on hammer, that’s the real challenge tho. Kappa

But yeah, as I kinda mentioned above already, most people aren’t concerned about her playing clerics, more like that it is absolutely not needed and that this topic pops up all over again.
Just my two cents.

Have you even trio’d fractals before? I think they are a lot harder than you say!!!!!!11

Attachments:

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.