High lvl fractals pointless

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Why are lvl 61+ fractals pointless? The rewards do not get any better, but the time investment goes up rapidly because everything become giant hp and toughness sponges. The damage output of the enemies went downhill. What used to one hit my hybrid guard on lvl 50, does like 50% damage to my zerker ele at 75+. The instabilities also get more and more frustrating and skilled play punishing, but that would be fine if at least the rewards would get better.
There is literally no point in doing the higher levels except once for the achievement.
Doing the dailies is basically picking the easiest 3 of each bracket which is swamp swamp oh did i mention swamp?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

I actually just found this out in the last couple days, after I spent 200 gold upgrading my agony to 150. Who would have thought the new double layer fractal grind to 100 doesn’t have a scaled reward? With ANET, never trust your instincts.

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

I just spent 300g to re-combine my AR from 148 to 155. Social awkwardness you can’t get me now!!!!!!

Posted by: Schlange.4308

Schlange.4308

LvL 83 now, still not a single Ascended Itemdrop

NICE

Malediktus.9250

I am lvl 82 and it takes ages to even make a group because of the pointlessness. Even my fractal guild lost all interest in high lvl frac
People already do jokes when a boss reaches 5% health that its only 3min to go.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

I am lvl 82 too now and since yesterday i do only fast fractals now(2 swamps and aquatic) , dont bother to go higher cause its very boring, bosses die so slowly and their dmg is low, im getting so sleepy cause of them, i had one ascended armor box on 60s i think, sorry for my eng.

Minx.7521

NICE

To lvl 96 now. Today finishing to 100. So far no ascended chest drop, only 4 rings, and 1 fractal weapon skin. (so basically 5 drops).

NOICE.

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

NICE

To lvl 96 now. Today finishing to 100. So far no ascended chest drop, only 4 rings, and 1 fractal weapon skin. (so basically 5 drops).

NOICE.

The only noteworthy thing I got from doing all the levels from 51-100 was an Exo wep worth 7g.

Minx.7521

^Dat not bad ^.^

Posted by: lobothegreat.3980

lobothegreat.3980

yeah there is no reason to run anything higher than 67 due to the way mobs scale/rewards in higher level fractals.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Dont look so surprised, the expansion was rushed in many areas, lots is unfinished, including this. The beta is ongoing and keep feedback flowing as they bandaid.

The best u can do right now is to max mastery lvl 161 so thats outta the way, making u prepared as a PvX player.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

The different is pretty crazy.

Prepatch health scale was linear and armor constant. Now both health and armor scales are quadratic. I will get exact values soon.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

The different is pretty crazy.

Prepatch health scale was linear and armor constant. Now both health and armor scales are quadratic. I will get exact values soon.

I wonder who thought that would be a good idea.

Posted by: Raithwall.8201

Raithwall.8201

how 2 rework fractals…
give mobs craploads of hp and toughness + nerf rewards
call it a buff to rewards that you nerfed rewards
= reworked

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

NICE

NOICE.

The only noteworthy thing I got from doing all the levels from 51-100 was an Exo wep worth 7g.

The only noteworthy I have gotten thus far was an exotic with 11g last night x3 Yay Devona’s gauntlets!

Minx.7521

how 2 rework fractals…
give mobs craploads of hp and toughness + nerf rewards
call it a buff to rewards that you nerfed rewards
= reworked

Yeap. Nerf rewards = buffed rewards. And is supposed to be MORE rewarding. Like HOW?

Posted by: Popocatl.2649

Popocatl.2649

Mistlock Instabilities were just recycled on every tier… bah…

Victoria Croy

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

I am so glad I sold my +10 infusions before HoT…

Since the ring salvage at 1g per charge I have been avoiding fractals as plague. No regrets.

Minx.7521

^You’re expecting to get rings ^.^ In all my dailies since HoT launch I’ve only gotten 4 rings and 1 fractal skin. I usually do 3 50+s, 3 20-50s, and 3 1-20s. That’s doing 9 fractals a day, about the same as pre-HoT launch. I used to get average 1 ring a day + ascended boxes + skins. Now it’s average 1 ring every 3 days and very lucky skin. Soooooo don’t worry about salvaging rings at 1g each LOL.

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

Oh, i didn’t even go further than 10 – but i am lvl 50. (I might just do one 50 to get the fractal skin vendor, but I can’t be bothered by the kitten instability)

No, what really put me off was that I had two bank tabs full of rings. And lost money in the process (~ 10g)

My concept of pve is that you should be rewarded for doing the content, not punished for doing a necessity (freeing inventory space).

If fractals don’t drop ascended gear (or at such low rate), they are a big waste of time.

Posted by: BMKLD.4602

BMKLD.4602

There is literally no point in doing the higher levels except once for the achievement.

Well it’s about personnal achievement, and I’m pretty happy with my Golden Fractal Greatsword

Malediktus.9250

Well it’s about personnal achievement, and I’m pretty happy with my Golden Fractal Greatsword

Well I am sitting for 21min in lfg now for 89+ and only 1 person joined. Already asked guild and friendlist. Noone wants to do this…

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Well I am sitting for 21min in lfg now for 89+ and only 1 person joined. Already asked guild and friendlist. Noone wants to do this…

Some quote about how it’s lonely at the top…

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Malediktus.9250

Fun thing 10min later 3 people from a guild joined. We got to the weapon test room. It bugged although we waited infront room until NPCs arrive. It bugged. Group disbanded. All for nothing. Really good game anet!

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I was at max level but didn’t want to invest in AR until I knew it was going to be worth it. It is disappointing to see it just isn’t worth the time invested.

Malediktus.9250

I just did 94 (cliffside) for about 6 hours with different group compositions. It was the worst dungeon experience in my life so far and the most unrewarding, too.