HoT Economy Blog

HoT Economy Blog

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

Reading this blog was very interesting and nice… until I read the last part on dungeons. I don’t know what Anet implied by liquid rewards, whether that’s the 1g you get at the end of completion or something else. But, what it does seem like is that once again for the who knows how many times already, but dungeons are getting the shaft as usual. Here is the post from Anet

“Over the last couple of years, dungeons have been a major part of the game’s economy; between unique armor and liquid rewards, they’re often farmed. In the expansion, we’ll move away from this paradigm. As the game progressed, we shifted focus from dungeons to fractals and raids, and we firmly believe that fractals and raids are the content that we want to continue to support. As a part of that process, we’ll shift some rewards away from dungeons and into other pieces of content. While dungeons will remain cool experiences that’ll reward players with unique items, their liquid rewards will be reduced and other content will become more rewarding. The shift in rewards is a direct representation of our focus on raids and fractals and our commitment to make them the best they can be.”

It’s funny because not long before this when Anet made the forum page (or something) for raids, they said they knew there was bad blood between them and the players due to dungeons and lack of new content, updates, etc., and that they want to put this all behind them and move on with the community. I’m sorry but it’s kind of hard to do that when you make hypocritical statements not a week or 2 later. If you aren’t going to update dungeons anymore, at least leave the rewards alone so people who love doing them have a reason to continue them. Not all dungeoners like to fractal or raid and this seems like you want to pressure players into it.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, that last paragraph made me want to throw something.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I just hope that it’s a fair rebalancing and not an outright hard nerf.

They’ve been out of balance for a while (AC being worth more than everything but Aetherpath and Arah, for instance), and I’d be ok with an adjustment that brings rewards in line with relative instance difficulties.

At the same time, SW chest farming is way more profitable than dungeons, and doesn’t have a daily cap. People say dungeons are mindlessly easy, well, that’s nothing compared to playing ‘follow the leader’ and pressing F every 15 seconds.

Can someone from ArenaNet post the planned reward revisions for early feedback? Might help contain the inevitable kitten storm.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

its pretty clear, they want dungeons to not only not be further developed, but also dont want it to be a major source of play/economic growth.
That whole blog should scare you.

Short version, Hi, things are going to change a lot, but i want to assure you that our goal is for the game to still be grindy, and to direct that grind to content we want you to play.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Quin Marino.6384

Quin Marino.6384

One last final big middle finger to the dungeon community My one hope is that they make fractals actually rewarding but still… this is just inexcusable.

HoT Economy Blog

phys.7689

They’ve been out of balance for a while (AC being worth more than everything but Aetherpath and Arah, for instance), and I’d be ok with an adjustment that brings rewards in line with relative instance difficulties.

At the same time, SW chest farming is way more profitable than dungeons, and doesn’t have a daily cap. People say dungeons are mindlessly easy, well, that’s nothing compared to playing ‘follow the leader’ and pressing F every 15 seconds.

Can someone from ArenaNet post the planned reward revisions for early feedback? Might help contain the inevitable kitten storm.

from the blog its going to be an outright nerf, he basically is saying they dont want dungeons to be ecomically feasible. The best you can hope for is that they will give item rewards, but his including the fact they want to shift focus away from it, suggests that they are not seeking to balance it, but to disincetivize it.

which honestly is seems pretty bad. Instance lovers i getting raids, but losing dungeons as a profitable action to take, and raids focus reward on 1 per week.

you ll have a lot less to do, thats effecient earning wise.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Well if chaining all swamps for 1 gold each becomes a thing there will be much more money generated out of fractals than from dungeon tour….

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

It sounds like they might reduce gold reward for dungeons but increase it for fractals. Still a giant kitten move though. We understand you do not want to develop dungeons further, and I’m pretty sure everyone here has made their peace with it. But don’t kitten us over any more please. We still like doing the dungeons and removing the rewards will effectively remove them from the game.

Nova [rT]

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

So they want us to farm mindlessly open world fests?

I’m sorry dungeons take skill to do – farming SW = less skill more rewards?

Dungeons teach players to play well with skill – and you want to lessen this area of development for players ?

I’m sorry WoW apologised for lack of dungeons for new expansion and are actively developing them in conjunction with raids.

Seriously look at he gold/HR from dungeons it’s comparable or worse than any open world farm area. This is honestly a smack in the teeth.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

With the new map reward system, they probably moves certain trophies, T6 mats out of the loot tables to cut down the input to the market. I speculate that there will be some adjustment (read: reduction) to the daily gold reward while keeping the number of tokens in tact. People who do daily dungeon tours of 16-18 paths a day will see a more remarkably nerf to their rewards than people who only enjoys 3-4 paths (read: Arah) a day. I think the nerf is meant to dissuade dungeon farmers from devoting their time and energy to the dungeon gold rewards and instead branching out for different developed and supported content.

It’s pretty clear that dungeons will be no longer further developed. People should stop asking for the impossible.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

HoT Economy Blog

phys.7689

With the new map reward system, they probably moves certain trophies, T6 mats out of the loot tables to cut down the input to the market. I speculate that there will be some adjustment (read: reduction) to the daily gold reward while keeping the number of tokens in tact. People who do daily dungeon tours of 16-18 paths a day will see a more remarkably nerf to their rewards than people who only enjoys 3-4 paths (read: Arah) a day. I think the nerf is meant to dissuade dungeon farmers from devoting their time and energy to the dungeon gold rewards and instead branching out for different developed and supported content.

It’s pretty clear that dungeons will be no longer further developed. People should stop asking for the impossible.

doesnt mean they need to kill it as a feasible activity.
Should they nerf all drops in ORR too? because hey they arent developing it any more.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Bit sad on the dungeon portion, but I’ve been needing to start doing more fractals anyway. I read that last paragraph as “yeah you’ll still get tokens but we’ll be reducing the gold you get from them.”

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

HoT Economy Blog

Eight Samurai.6840

One last final big middle finger to the dungeon community My one hope is that they make fractals actually rewarding but still… this is just inexcusable.

TBH fractals are really rewarding with all the ascended loot boxes you get. All dungeons have going for them is the gold you get and tokens to get a unique EXOTIC!

HoT Economy Blog

Eight Samurai.6840

from the blog its going to be an outright nerf, he basically is saying they dont want dungeons to be ecomically feasible. The best you can hope for is that they will give item rewards, but his including the fact they want to shift focus away from it, suggests that they are not seeking to balance it, but to disincetivize it.

which honestly is seems pretty bad. Instance lovers i getting raids, but losing dungeons as a profitable action to take, and raids focus reward on 1 per week.

You are also assuming that one reward you get per week is actually good and not based on bad RNG…

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

rip
/15charsofded

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

You are also assuming that one reward you get per week is actually good and not based on bad RNG…

Yep, can’t wait for this, 10% is considered high, however, I barely get 1 fractal skins every 2 weeks, and that’s doing 40-50 dailies. Now make that a weekly reward

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

ok i guess people will do CoF etc for 10 silver now cause of the cool experiences that’ll reward players with unique items.

sarcasm off

why they havent just delete all dungeons cause its the same result

all to sw!

HoT Economy Blog

Iris Ng.9845

Map rewards means that there will be a huge influx of mats, but they don’t create gold. You need to sell them to other players to earn gold. On the other hand, dungeons generate gold and there are no hard caps on it with the incorporation of F2P system. I bet the economy will be thrown into chaos if there are no actions to reduce the gold input to the game. Then they introduce Raid, Fractal, League all of which have their own reward systems as well. I think it’s reasonable to take out something when you put so many things on to the balance and it’s just inevitable that dungeon gold is the first to get the axe.

Speaking of SW, the value of each champ bag deteriorates greatly due to the popularity of the farm. When it was firstly introduced, you can make easily 200 g in 3-4 hours by abusing it. As soon as the chest map is organized and more people make trains, the gold income drastically drops to the point of only 10 silver per champ bag. It’s a sign that the economy balances the value and influx of gold by this farm and it’s not as unhealthy as we made it to be. (Actually, I’m quite grateful to the chest farmers for bring down the atrocious price of T6 mats that reigns high at 45-70 silvers a piece for months). With the new map rewards, I speculate this farm is gonna die down as it no longer maintains a high reward/hour ratio. Maybe the Orr farm will come back more strongly than ever with Charged Lodestone and Giant Eyes are in the loot table now. Who knows…

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: trado.2571

trado.2571

Hahaahah, Anet has a strong love for the nerf hammer, so expect that.

I honestly don’t see what’s wrong with dungeons. It’s already bad enough we’re not gonna get new dungeons with the expansion (or ever) and instead we’ll have an endlessly spammable content from their end (fractals, which aren’t gonna add anything new except multiple instabilities ._.).
If they want to diversify player experience and way to earn money then just make fractal/raids more rewarding. Leave dungeons and dungeon community alone please!

Also a table of the changes in reward would be nice so we can provide some feedback. For example i wouldn’t mind reducing the reward from AC (which is so easy you can duo/trio and still call it a speedrun) and increase, say, the reward from Aetherpath or HotW or Arah (which are longer and “more difficult”).

HoT Economy Blog

phys.7689

Yep, can’t wait for this, 10% is considered high, however, I barely get 1 fractal skins every 2 weeks, and that’s doing 40-50 dailies. Now make that a weekly reward

yes, 10% is pretty crappy for a weekly lock out, their idea is its 10% per boss, for i guess 3 bosses, but that means on average you are looking at 1 ascended box per 3 weeks. better of grinding and crafting.

However, perhaps the non ascended rewards are decent

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I am guessing this has to do with Free to Play.
They do not want to make things easy to obtain for F2P players.

F2P players probably wont have access to the new FotM rewards introduced in HoT(I think they already said that those will only be available to HoT players), and definitely wont have access to Raids.

F2P players have access to Dungeons, so they want to limit the gold income from there.

F2P players also have access to Silverwastes, but their access to TP is limited, so they cant just sell the Exotics they get on the TP. So they could salvage it to Ectos, but then the blogpost also says they are making changes to Salvaging, I think this confirms their intent.

Then there is also the T6 mats that F2P players could get and sell on TP, but if you read the Precursors and Legendary Journey part of the blogpost, it seems to be referring to said T6 mats.

Ascended Trinkets are already a pain to obtain when you do not have Laurels from Daily Login rewards and your only source of Laurels is from AP chests, on top of which access to TP is very limited. Same for Ascended Weapon/Armor crafting, because the Recipes also cost Laurel to purchase and learn.

Does anyone else thinks this makes sense? Or is my tinfoil hat a little too pointy?

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Cant say im upset about this. I dont even have the motivation to do arah anymore.

And i agree rewards should be shifted into raids and fractals and away from dungeons. Though i would hope arah retains some decent level of rewards.

HoT Economy Blog

Iris Ng.9845

Cant say im upset about this. I dont even have the motivation to do arah anymore.

And i agree rewards should be shifted into raids and fractals and away from dungeons. Though i would hope arah retains some decent level of rewards.

I’m in your camp.

HoT Economy Blog

phys.7689

keep in mind you did it to death. What about new or lapsed players? How easy will it be to even attempt dungeons when the rewards no longer encourage people? eh well, whatevs,

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

So I guess only open world will be rewarding now. I guess SW wasn’t populated enough already.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

yea tell me about it, i cant even find people to do the underwater dungeon at diessa plateau

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Hahaahah, Anet has a strong love for the nerf hammer, so expect that.

True, “dream” would be a better word than “hope”.

Just one more reason to spend more of my time in Wildstar…

HoT Economy Blog

Eight Samurai.6840

No one is asking for new dungeon development (well not anymore after they assured us they have no intention to do so at all). Dungeons will not stop people from doing raids or fractals because all three have very different and unique rewards.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: macon.4065

macon.4065

I want to comment on a few of the things mentioned in the article that was released today by Guildwars 2 regarding The HOT new legendary weapons and few hidden things in the posting that players might not have caught.

The first one, “For this gift, your dedication to the game will be tested: you’ll need materials that can only be acquired after completing all of the Heart of Maguuma Masteries, map completion of the expansion zones, and a lot of each of the map-specific currencies.”

Basically the way I am reading this is we are now removing the items to craft the legendary items (which we can do now) and forcing our people to have to buy HOT. Meaning if a player does not want to purchase or support HOT they are now restricted for mats and other materials because its a requirement to have HOT. I would also think that the dedication to the game would be more implied if the game kept things the way they were and not change what is already working.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

This blog post is infuriating. Dungeons account for a huge amount of the base-game’s “end-game” content and instead of committing to improving dungeons (which is both necessary and A LOT less work then creating completely new content) they have opted to pretend they don’t exist and simply nerf the rewards (that’s how I read the last paragraph). Why does the PvE in the base-game have to remain awful while the PvE of Heart of Thorns is more fun and engaging? With HoT being so small the base-game is still going to be the majority of the content (and the first content new players will see) and knowing that Anet is committed to ignoring it, rather than improving it, just SUCKS.

I love the idea of dungeons and want more challenging 5-person content to experience the lore of the upcoming expansions and knowing the only 5-person content were going to get is fractals is such a let down. I like fractals, but they aren’t going to be directly related to the current events in Tyria and that’s why we need dungeons too… Raids will be fun, but if you just have 5 people it sucks that you are limited to Fractals for new end-game challenging content.

Very disappointed Anet is taking the lazy route of ignoring their old content instead of improving it…

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Horrible news. What is Anet thinking? SW chest farm needs to be nerfed not the dungeon rewards

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

HoT Economy Blog

macon.4065

The second item is this, "The acquisition of precursors in future legendary weapon sets will—like most things about new legendary weapons—be mostly the same as the ones in our first set, but with adjustments. The two differences here are that all precursors
for future sets will only be acquired through the precursor crafting journey, and unlike existing precursors, future precursors will not be dropped anywhere in the game. Furthermore, each of the three tiers of precursors from the second set of legendary weapons will have gameplay content and material requirements that can only be fulfilled in the Maguuma Jungle in addition to the places they take you in Central Tyria. "

Now this I need to really complain about. To begin with when HOT was suggested people still wanted to keep the old system for new players. Meaning we were told by Guildwars 2 that we could continue to craft legendary weapons the old and exisiting way. What this tells me is we are once again being forced to buy HOT and are not given a choice. Well this maybe alright for some others are more inclined to ask why the sudden change in what was already stated and promised by the developers.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

rip
/15charsofded

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

HoT Economy Blog

cranos.5913

With HoT being so small the base-game is still going to be the majority of the content (and the first content new players will see) and knowing that Anet is committed to ignoring it, rather than improving it, just SUCKS.

+1

With raids coming prob not sooner then christmas (actually they went from “before christmas” to “TBA” so who knows when it will actually be here) and fractals made even less replayable as well wtf are we supposed to do? I like the instanced part of this game. I couldn’t give a flying kitten about boring, anonymous zergy open world crap.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Raids are a joke anyway.
“While dungeons will remain cool experiences that’ll reward players with unique items, their liquid rewards will be reduced..”
unique items..unique..items..

HoT Economy Blog

macon.4065

The last thing I want to talk about are the Dungeons and Fractals situation. I hate to be the pain but not everyone likes fractals, or to work in groups or to be forced to do raids. I would have hoped that HOT would have remain true to the gamer. Inb order for the game (in my opinion) to be successful you need to give the player choices not say you must do PVP, WVW, work with others (Assuming you can actually find a group) and walk into a yet another economy (let’s face reality here folks we have 5 economies already – Dungeon tokens, laurels, gold, fractal tokens, and WVW badges of honor) do we really need yet another economy in a game that clearly all of the economies are so messed up that it takes years to craft items or earn the gold necissary to get anything. adding this new one just makes the problem worse not better and no their is no happy medium becasue its the way it was designed.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: BlitzX.4039

BlitzX.4039

People asked anet to solve dungeon selling problem BUT after those news dungeons will cost even more in HoT(unless they make it impossible to sell) and players will sell them more often (if they cut the amount of gold at the end of dungeon ofc and just overall loot you get from dungeon). And i highly doubt that fractals will give us over 10g per day and raids, for example, over 50g once per week (I expect something like 10g in total for 4 fractals and like 20-30g for raid).
Ps. drop your hopes about SW as well because it will get slap too.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

Speaking of SW, the value of each champ bag deteriorates greatly due to the popularity of the farm. When it was firstly introduced, you can make easily 200 g in 3-4 hours by abusing it. As soon as the chest map is organized and more people make trains, the gold income drastically drops to the point of only 10 silver per champ bag. It’s a sign that the economy balances the value and influx of gold by this farm and it’s not as unhealthy as we made it to be. (Actually, I’m quite grateful to the chest farmers for bring down the atrocious price of T6 mats that reigns high at 45-70 silvers a piece for months). With the new map rewards, I speculate this farm is gonna die down as it no longer maintains a high reward/hour ratio. Maybe the Orr farm will come back more strongly than ever with Charged Lodestone and Giant Eyes are in the loot table now. Who knows…

This is not how econemy works sry.
Money (of any kind), and in gw2 that is gold only have a value due to what you can get for said gold.

So, by lovering the gold from dungeons and making more people do SW or other farms that mainly provide materials, then that simply mean that the value of gold will go up compered to what we can buy for said gold (deflation). This is the opposit of what we have mainly been seeing (inflation). Now I am going to assume that Anet have some numbers to support this change and that they simply want to reduse the inflation that we have seen so far, but.. the track record of anet is sadly not giving me a lot of hope.

Beisde the economic part of this, I am still sad that they really seem to want to stop us from doing dungeons. There is still so many things that people learn in dungeons and that they rarely or never use in PvP/WvW or open PvE about skills/team play and other things. I fear this will make it even harder for new players to do fractals/raids, since they nolonger will learn about skills in dungeons first

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Bandito Baba.4921

Bandito Baba.4921

Fractles takes too long to run for many people (myself included) to do it every day, dungeons that can be rushed in 20 mins however represent a reason to log on for 20 mins.

I get that Anet
1. cant be bothered to develop dungeons when they have limited resources
2. want people to be seen in the open world (makes the game look busy to F2P accounts who may pay for HoT) not hiding in dungeons farming out of sight
3. want everyone to focus on fractles because thats the idea kitten

Its all very well trying to force players do do the content you want but for gods sake at least leave us a reason to log on at all (again, I cant log on for 1.5 hours every day in a single go, it simply doesn’t work and if it did you know what, I would still play WoW ffs).

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

things and stuff

If you want the new legendaries, then you need HoT, the old legendaries are still craftable as now, but you will also be able to get the precursors for them without luck… if you have HoT.

HoT Economy Blog

macon.4065

It is still clear that you can put all the new graphics you want in to make something look better. You can add new weapons and skins (oh also forgot the gem economy in the trading post so now we have 6) and hope player go for it. But the skins are for show, the legendaries themselves are really the same stats that you can get off ascended (which we also know that exotic works just as well) so if your looking for a fashion show okay. But as a games I want quests that I can do in the maps, I want to be able to do them aloone or ask for a group if I feel like running with people, I’d like to see you go to 1 economy for everything (their all the same items so really you only need the one to make it work) and lastly lets take a look a the exisiting issues in the game before you move on to HOT.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The second item is this, "The acquisition of precursors in future legendary weapon sets will—like most things about new legendary weapons—be mostly the same as the ones in our first set, but with adjustments. The two differences here are that all precursors
for future sets will only be acquired through the precursor crafting journey, and unlike existing precursors, future precursors will not be dropped anywhere in the game. Furthermore, each of the three tiers of precursors from the second set of legendary weapons will have gameplay content and material requirements that can only be fulfilled in the Maguuma Jungle in addition to the places they take you in Central Tyria. "

Now this I need to really complain about. To begin with when HOT was suggested people still wanted to keep the old system for new players. Meaning we were told by Guildwars 2 that we could continue to craft legendary weapons the old and exisiting way. What this tells me is we are once again being forced to buy HOT and are not given a choice. Well this maybe alright for some others are more inclined to ask why the sudden change in what was already stated and promised by the developers.

The old system (for the old legendaries) is staying. If you want the new legendaries that come with the expansion….you need the expansion.

HoT Economy Blog

cranos.5913

I sincerely doubt that. All these nerfs seem to be directly aimed at ppl that like instanced play. No more decent fractal play time, no reason to go into dungeons… Meanwhile open world is getting nothing but buffs.

HoT Economy Blog

macon.4065

I am starting to get concerned hear about the HOT expansion. To me it just seems like so so for the PVE enviroment. Not really the raider here, group kinda person or really being forced into raids. HOT is too centered on the PVP and WVW minded people. And yes I did the beta and it was okay but nothing that I would consider valuable for the money paid. I think Guildwars 2 needs to consider the actually PVE players and what PVE actually means.

PVE- Player versus Enviroment is not Fractals (thats a controlled dungeon forcing 5 people to work together), Dungeons (same as fractals), this is the player on the straight map going from one place to another earning hearts, points etc. Reaping rewards of the mobs that are being killed on the way through the game – The Art of Exploration. PVE players pride themselve on leveling by themselves not through cheap books that drop just by standing still and letting the days roll on to get the books. PVE players know that build crafting and thinnking is required to get out of spots, solve puzzles and survival. We are not hack and slash or have a mindset to kill other players. With this in mind please fix HOT so we too can say we have something to look forward too. If this can’t be done please indicate to everyone how we can get a refund for our purchase of HOT. Thanks

HoT Economy Blog

cranos.5913

PVE- Player versus Enviroment is not Fractals (thats a controlled dungeon forcing 5 people to work together), Dungeons (same as fractals), this is the player on the straight map going from one place to another earning hearts, points etc. Reaping rewards of the mobs that are being killed on the way through the game – The Art of Exploration. PVE players pride themselve on leveling by themselves not through cheap books that drop just by standing still and letting the days roll on to get the books. PVE players know that build crafting and thinnking is required to get out of spots, solve puzzles and survival. We are not hack and slash or have a mindset to kill other players. With this in mind please fix HOT so we too can say we have something to look forward too. If this can’t be done please indicate to everyone how we can get a refund for our purchase of HOT. Thanks

How is this even relevant? Open world and exploration is getting buffed rewards. In fact full exploration will require all masteries from what I’m reading… And it’s the sole thing you need to focus on to get a legendary. So plenty of leveling, plenty of exploring I’d say.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: BlitzX.4039

BlitzX.4039

I sincerely doubt that. All these nerfs seem to be directly aimed at ppl that like instanced play. No more decent fractal play time, no reason to go into dungeons… Meanwhile open world is getting nothing but buffs.

Im saying this because there was some topic on reddit once where player talked to dev who works on sw rewards and he said something like: “SW is too rewarding and we are looking into it”.

HoT Economy Blog

cranos.5913

Im saying this because there was some topic on reddit once where player talked to dev who works on sw rewards and he said something like: “SW is too rewarding and we are looking into it”.

Oh I’m sure it’s on the table… we all know what that means.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Not saying I like the change (I like to farm dungeons for cash)…but there is some serious hypocrisy going on here. You guys say the dungeon community LOVEs dungeons in one breath then say it will kill the community in another just because they nerf the monetary reward? If you really like doing an activity the monetary reward being slightly nerfed isn’t going to affect it.

Yall just whining you aint got easy money no mo.

HoT Economy Blog

phys.7689

basically the moral of that blog was, our vision of the economy, is one that creates more sustainable grind

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Not saying I like the change (I like to farm dungeons for cash)…but there is some serious hypocrisy going on here. You guys say the dungeon community LOVEs dungeons in one breath then say it will kill the community in another just because they nerf the monetary reward? If you really like doing an activity the monetary reward being slightly nerfed isn’t going to affect it.

Yall just whining you aint got easy money no mo.

I think most people here agree that while we do enjoy instanced group content, Dungeons are extremely stale by now and neglected. Add to that that a fair amount of people run them with their guild etc.
It’s going to attract less pugs as has been said, making it less accessible for new players.