HoT Economy Blog

HoT Economy Blog

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

As a passionate dungeon player, I will stop doing dungeons with this new change because you have made it unfun.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I just want to express my disappointment that Mr. Smith has sided with the PHIW casuals (often illiterates or individuals guilty of willful neglect) rather than people who are passionate about dungeon content and who have taken the time and energy to master it. See the Reddit thread for reference.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

I just want to express my disappointment that Mr. Smith has sided with the PHIW casuals (often illiterates or individuals guilty of willful neglect) rather than people who are passionate about dungeon content and who have taken the time and energy to master it. See the Reddit thread for reference.

Yeah, I’m reading his comments on reddit and they seem illogical. Also what is PHIW?

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

I guess I’m still gonna do dungeons every now and then.
I loved to do them but I want to get rewarded properly.

For some reason I fear that HoT won’t be what’s needed to keep many of us at this game..

toxic since 2012

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Elomite.2396

Elomite.2396

phiw is play how i want, it’s people that would rather be selfish, they don’t change their traits, weapons or utilites to suit the groups needs even if it would benefit the whole group by helping the run go faster. Like an elementalist who won’t use earth elemental at old tom because his build relies on tornado or a really good example was the fractal demo stream anet gave, all the builds they were playing were absolutely terrible, they had no synergy there was a pistol pistol venomshare thief I think and some other garbage. I shudder when I think that these same people are responsible for the balance and stuff.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

For some reason I fear that HoT won’t be what’s needed to keep many of us at this game..

Good thing they waited till after BWE3 and the beta raid hype to give us this great news. ^^

HoT Economy Blog

Eight Samurai.6840

phiw is play how i want, it’s people that would rather be selfish, they don’t change their traits, weapons or utilites to suit the groups needs even if it would benefit the whole group by helping the run go faster. Like an elementalist who won’t use earth elemental at old tom because his build relies on tornado or a really good example was the fractal demo stream anet gave, all the builds they were playing were absolutely terrible, they had no synergy there was a pistol pistol venomshare thief I think and some other garbage. I shudder when I think that these same people are responsible for the balance and stuff.

OMG what demo video you have to link it haha! I need to bathe in anet’s suckyness in pve

HoT Economy Blog

Eight Samurai.6840

Good thing they waited till after BWE3 and the beta raid hype to give us this great news. ^^

Hah good point!

Anet needs to step in and make an official post to clarify some things. Because they are kittening off the entire community right now. I’ve yet to read anyone saying how excited they are. 99.9% of the posts I have seen on reddit and here are people angry with their lies. If they do this, they need to say now why they are doing it, how they are doing it (with detail), and explain why we shouldn’t worry because dungeons will still be profitable.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

I have just read the full post from John Smith, and he just failed basic economy class… I dont even know where to start, but his logic is.. sign

I am having the same faaling as I did yesterday when I spend 1 hour on explaining what a firefield is to a new ele before he got it. I think I am getting old, I fell tired

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

They could solve the complaints and continue with the gold nerf simply by buffing the dropped loot and giving a couple guaranteed rares on dungeon completion. So basically swap the gold for rares. Becomes material rewards instead of liquid.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Anandira.8756

Anandira.8756

Well if chaining all swamps for 1 gold each becomes a thing there will be much more money generated out of fractals than from dungeon tour….

This worries me as well. What I get from the blogpost is that the farm won’t so much disappear as just be shifted to other content.

Recruiting for raid team here.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Figures they are releasing this info less than two weeks before HoT launches: presumably after most players interested in the expansion have already preordered. Interesting timing, that.

As for the topic at hand, the revised PvP reward tracks already sent dungeons into the earth. This switch-up is just throwing dirt upon a withered cadaver.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

(edited by Makai.3429)

HoT Economy Blog

Makai.3429

Hah good point!

Anet needs to step in and make an official post to clarify some things. Because they are kittening off the entire community right now. I’ve yet to read anyone saying how excited they are. 99.9% of the posts I have seen on reddit and here are people angry with their lies. If they do this, they need to say now why they are doing it, how they are doing it (with detail), and explain why we shouldn’t worry because dungeons will still be profitable.

They still haven’t said one word about the ruination of key farming or why they stripped karma boosters from enchantment scrolls. Anet generally doesn’t respond to posts related to their economic plans.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I’m seriously considering not buying HoT right now since they’ve ruined WvW and now dungeons. Raids don’t exactly tempt me and gimping all the other stuff that I play doesn’t scream ‘buy this now’.

~_~

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

HoT Economy Blog

Makai.3429

I’m seriously considering not buying HoT right now since they’ve ruined WvW and now dungeons. Raids don’t exactly tempt me and gimping all the other stuff that I play doesn’t scream ‘buy this now’.

~_~

After reading this I wish I could return my preorder.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I want to let everyone know that I reported on this topic to ANet with a very quick turnaround tonight.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

HoT Economy Blog

Eight Samurai.6840

Q.
why are you nerfing the income of players who prefer your old content over your new content? I for one don’t care much for raids but really enjoy dungeons..

A.
We don’t intend to nerf income, just shift where most players derive their income. You won’t be forced into raids in order to earn value though.

Players who enjoy playing dungeons will have either lower income or will have to play content they do not enjoy as much in order to maintain their existing level of income.

The only way you can accurately claim that you did not intend to nerf their income is to state that you intended to reduce their enjoyment of the game instead.

Edit for clarification: I did not mean you personally, but rather the collective of those who made the decision.

This is called false dilemma. I think you should probably restate this.

Is the intention to deincentivize dungeons

Is the intention to reduce targeted liquid gold earning, or are you putting that liquid somewhere else thats targetable?

What type of instanced content do you see offering marketable rewards that players can take part in on a regular basis?

do you see players seeking to earn main methods being through open world and tp trading

Is the intention to deincentivize dungeons
Yes

Is the intention to reduce targeted liquid gold earning, or are you putting that liquid somewhere else thats targetable?
The intention is not entirely to reduce liquid gold earning, we’ll be using up the slack we generate in other locations

What type of instanced content do you see offering marketable rewards that players can take part in on a regular basis?
Fractals

do you see players seeking to earn main methods being through open world and tp trading
I don’t understand this one

And there you have it right from the words of a dev…

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

I understand we are being herded from dungeons to somewhere else. I also understand that not everybody likes dungeons (i do).

The right way isn’t to deincentivize dungeons. The right way would be to make content that people like to do and make that rewarding too so that everybody finds something they like.

It’s also true that dungeons didn’t change and won’t change so they’re boring, repetitive, etc, but…

Let us do our boring, repetitive dungeons and still get decent rewards for our time spent. Or do you need the metrics to show that killing off dungeons was a good decision? Statistics to prove that the new content ideas work so well because less and less people do dungeons?

Can you trust such metrics when you actively herded people elsewhere? Pressing F in SW is already way more gold, way more repeatable with no daily limit.

It you want people to go from dungeons to “other locations”, make those other locations fun and rewarding and people will go there.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

I really do not understand their logic for removing dungeon rewards. It is a very well developed and popular part of the game. There is absolutely no need to pigeonhole people into Raids or Fractals. They do not even have to touch dungeons and just have it as casual instanced content.

A big part of it is probably to sell HoT. Raids require it outright and I can easily see fractal mastery impacting performance to a huge degree.

All the racial Heart of Maguuma masteries let you challenge an NPC for a daily chest. Who’s to say they’re not doing something like that with fractals? The entire thing smells like an underhanded business decision, not something for the health of the game.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Its actually kinda funny.
They started off like
awesome new map rewards! more rewarding gameplay! faster materials gain!

then in the fine print
we will be reducing gold earning activities, and material earning activities.

Essentially the goal of the economy is that players never actually get ahead. Just keep you a hamster on the wheel.

unless you play the tp.

well, it works so wonderfully in the real world, after all.

#occupyblacklion

HoT Economy Blog

Eight Samurai.6840

Also, as I mentioned in a different post, Anet wants dungeoners to move to fractals. However, there is no news of any new fractals coming into HoT. So same maps you have been doing the last 2-3 years will stay as is.

HoT Economy Blog

Posted by: doomfodder.2906

doomfodder.2906

top 10 nerfed dungeon rewards ideas…

10) silky sand
9) dragonite ore
8) bloodstone dust
7) empy fragments
6) black lion chests
5) dandelions
4) glory boosters
3) salvage kits
2) un-stackable copper gathering node tools

and the number 1 nerfed dungeon rewards idea is…
1) exotic settlers recipes