Hobby Dungeoneer

Hobby Dungeoneer

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

Can someone explain how it exactly works? Finished my Dungeon Master finally yesterday.

Since then I did HotW full run (only p1 counted), CoE submarine and teleporter (neither counted), CoF 1+2, only (p1 counted).
So i did 7 dungeon paths, yet hobby dungeoneer shows only 2.

Hobby Dungeoneer

Posted by: Pritst.1469

Pritst.1469

you have to do all the explorable paths for it to count. i’m assuming path 1 counted becasue that was the last of the 3 and i’m guessing you already did a CoF path 3 before hand and thats y the path 1 counted

Hobby Dungeoneer

Bartho.7896

No that is wrong, I did HotW p1 first, right after i finnished Dungeon Master, and it counted, then i did p2 and 3. In CoF i started with p1 and it counted then i did p2 and it didnt count. CoF p3 i did last time like 2 months ago.

Hobby Dungeoneer

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

im guessing it counts each dungeon rather than each dungeon path.
which means doing 1 path in 5 different dungeons should give it to you each time.
it’s a very odd achievement anyhow, i’ve never really bothered to work it out, despite having 100 points from it.

Hobby Dungeoneer

Bartho.7896

im guessing it counts each dungeon rather than each dungeon path.
which means doing 1 path in 5 different dungeons should give it to you each time.
it’s a very odd achievement anyhow, i’ve never really bothered to work it out, despite having 100 points from it.

Yeah I guess, yet CoE didnt count at all, so even if it counted each dung once, i should have 3 and not 2 dungs there.

Hobby Dungeoneer

Posted by: PainShot.7154

PainShot.7154

This achievement is buged, as easy as that. Just do dungeons and hope it count.

Hobby Dungeoneer

Bartho.7896

This achievement is buged, as easy as that. Just do dungeons and hope it count.

Thought so, oh well thats how it goes in games where minor exploits get prioritized over major bugs.

Hobby Dungeoneer

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Help me run Arah p4 and I’ll tell you how it works.

Hobby Dungeoneer

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

Stay away from p4 man, it’s brutally long and then it will probably bug out at the very last boss.

Hobby Dungeoneer

Bartho.7896

Stay away from p4 man, it’s brutally long and then it will probably bug out at the very last boss.

It is a painful and buggy path, that normal people wont do again once they finish it. Yet the completion is worth the Title.
And regarding the known bug of last boss not spawning, we didnt experience that bug thanks god. Cant imagine doing this 4hrs long path again bcs Bloodstone bugged out.

Hobby Dungeoneer

Bartho.7896

LOL a.net c’mmon this achievement is so broken, it makes me laugh.

Today I only did HotW p1 so far, and it counted!! Even tho I did it yesterday and it counted, so now i have 3 dungs in the achievement, 2 points for repeating HotW p1, and one point for CoF p1.

CoE submarine+teleporter, CoF p2 and HotW p2 and p3 dont count. O.o

Do you have any idea whats going on, or is the achievement just some random jackpot.

Hobby Dungeoneer

Bartho.7896

Since i want to help fix this broken achievement ill simply keep posting here my tests.

Did AC full run, not a single of the three paths counted into Hobby Dungeoneer.

Hobby Dungeoneer

Posted by: Mitzie Nohara.4576

Mitzie Nohara.4576

I would love to help out figuring this ’’big’’ problem out so help krag and me out and we can solve this faster. p4 Arah is now a cake walk for you anyways.

Hobby Dungeoneer

Bartho.7896

Dude I’m not a masochist, when we finally slain Simin, i promised to myself never to do that path again. I dont mind doing any other Arah path (1-3), but p4 is just bleh.

Hobby Dungeoneer

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

I’ve already done some research on this ages ago. Feel free to update it with your own findings. The only tested paths that award progression are CM1, TA up, SE3, CoF1, HotW1 and CoE3. Skipping does not affect things in anyway.

I don’t think I’m a masochist but I did repeat Arah4 to help some friends with my masterful sparks running but it didn’t give achievement progression. Just need SE1, CoF3 and Arah 1 and 2 tested and we’ll have the whole list completed and then maybe Anet will look at this bug for us.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Semi-official-update-on-Hobby-Dungeon-Explorer/first#post833697

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

(edited by zencow.3651)

Hobby Dungeoneer

Bartho.7896

I’ve already done some research on this ages ago. Feel free to update it with your own findings. The only tested paths that award progression are CM1, TA up, SE3, CoF1, HotW1 and CoE3. Skipping does not affect things in anyway.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Semi-official-update-on-Hobby-Dungeon-Explorer/first#post833697

Yeah i remember this topic was here once before, but a.net obviously hasnt noticed it.
OK that kind of matches with my research so far, if you do CoF p1 5 times on one day, do you get 5 points?

Hobby Dungeoneer

Bartho.7896

And we didnt do spark running we DPS’ed Simin down. (5th spark filled on 50%, then full dps on one go), took us long time to get the damage needed tho.

Hobby Dungeoneer

zencow.3651

I’ve never spammed CoF1 so I can’t confirm 100% but I would be inclined to say yes. Rotating between HotW1 and CoF1 however I can fully confirm since that’s what I farmed mostly after Arah farm nerf for my BiFrost.

Sad truth is Anet has too many other things to worry about before achievement points even when the research has been fed to them.

edit:

And we didnt do spark running we DPS’ed Simin down. (5th spark filled on 50%, then full dps on one go), took us long time to get the damage needed tho.

We have two eles most of the time, I being one of them so DPS sucked too much even with full glass cannons. Running was our only hope. Only took us an hour or so to master the spark running though since we were used to running around/manipulation mobs.

(edited by zencow.3651)

Hobby Dungeoneer

Bartho.7896

I’ve never spammed CoF1 so I can’t confirm 100% but I would be inclined to say yes. Rotating between HotW1 and CoF1 however I can fully confirm since that’s what I farmed mostly after Arah farm nerf for my BiFrost.

Sad truth is Anet has too many other things to worry about before achievement points even when the research has been fed to them.

Actually if they have time to fix minor exploits that save literally 1minute of your time (e.g. last seal on Cliffside Fractal, wall jump on Ascalonian Fractal), Im pretty sure they could find time to fix this too.

EDIT: And its not just Simin that makes the path disgusting, boring and unrewarding. Just think of the Grenth boss before Simin, who designs Bosses like that…. just running from one spot to another for 10-15min and killing XX wraiths…
And the whole path is too long, about 2,5x longer than p3 and 2x longer than p1 and 2

(edited by Bartho.7896)

Hobby Dungeoneer

zencow.3651

Well maybe fixing this is harder than fixing Fractals, remember when Anet broke it so points from dailies got reset when they added PvP dailies/monthlies? That made me so worried. Hope that’s the case rather than Anet being completely ignorant about this.

edit: LOL yeah the grenth boss is worse than simins in terms of fun imo. At least it was exciting running the sparks into the cages and making sure you ran in the exactly the right patterns+fast enough.

(edited by zencow.3651)

Hobby Dungeoneer

Bartho.7896

Yeah I do remember. But those achievement points got hotfixed within a day or two! This is a known bug for months, and no official response on that.