Honor of the Waves is too difficult. Help?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: themaster.9802

themaster.9802

I’m having a lot of difficulty with Honor of the Waves. Each time I enter the dungeon, about 30 minutes in I fall asleep. Does anyone have any advice so that I am able to stay awake and complete a full path?

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

unfortunately our good friends at ArenaNet are using us as test subjects in a psychological study to find the common breaking point in humans under a certain set of circumstances.

This is why the mobs in HotW have more HP than a Champion Giant despite dealing 170% less damage and having less mechanics.

You cannot be helped, we cannot be helped.

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

LOL!
- Chat with your group
- Try a different build
- Play more support oriented build
- Have something on in the background (Not music, like a discussion or something)
- If hungry, have a snack/drink something while playing

One of my guildies experience the same thing while running with him. Kinda hilarious and infuriating at the same time.

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

My guild did a run of HotW mostly drunk once…. someone kept refilling our guardian’s glass with apple martinis… I think it was her husband on his ranger, I seem to recall that he was drinking a dark and stormy, but I could be wrong. My g/f was on her engineer sipping hot apple cider and tuaca, and I was working my way through a rum and coke. Our guild lead gave up on staying sober and went for something, but I can’t remember what….. flavored vodka tends to be her drink of choice.

Consensus was: Booze makes a dungeon that’s already kind of crooked feel even more sideways to run around in, but fun was had by all.

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Every time I do HotW I attach thumbtacks to my palm so I can use it to zap myself awake when I’m feeling sleepy.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

I’m having a lot of difficulty with Honor of the Waves. Each time I enter the dungeon, about 30 minutes in I fall asleep. Does anyone have any advice so that I am able to stay awake and complete a full path?

well my first suggestion would be STOP TAKING DROGS!!! or if you have too keep it to the speedy stuff.
second, drink lots of soda.
3rd. be better at it so you can speed it in less then 30 min ;P

serious answer:
you can’t do anything, if you find the dungeon wildly boring do something else, dont wasted time with it. if your farming for a specific set, get your finger out of your kitten and bite the apple and just get it over with, its so few hours you need to grind it, you will manage.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Alright, there’s a few simple steps to avoid this.

1. Waypoint to the door. If you are in combat, you will need to break combat before waypointing.
2. Step out of the “Honor of the Waves explorable” dungeon.
3. Cleanse your mind of any thoughts that might remind you of how cool the armour looks or how pretty the dungeon itself is
4. Do a different dungeon until they fix this kitten.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

imo, only do p1 since it’s the fastest. Therefore, you’ll be not having fun for the least amount of time. It’s what I do… Or, because every encounter in that dungeon has an afk area, stand in the afk area and watch a movie. By the time the movie is over the boss should be just about dead and you’ll be ready to move on to the next one!

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Yeah, just run p1 for tokens. 2 and 3 are just too long now that they’ve “fixed” them.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Please refrain from engaging in personal attacks or other ways of flaming. Continued behavior like this will lead to the thread being closed.

Thanks

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Yeah, just run p1 for tokens. 2 and 3 are just too long now that they’ve “fixed” them.

What was fixed in 2 and 3? I haven’t done HotW in awhile, but I’ve done it after the huge map exploits were fixed. 2 actually seems quite fast. The last time I did 2, I just skipped one of the dogs. Then after the two quaggan guy boss, swam straight to the final boss.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

(edited by Sera.6539)

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

:D good one,
there is a good advice: whole team take suicide glass cannon gear(you frankly dont need any defense in HotW..).
Even with 5 glass cannons it will still take ages to kill the bosses, but at least not centuries

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

You’re confusing difficult enemies with boring meat tanks.

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

No don’t fix it. HotW is the perfect cure for insomnia and some people I know depend on it for sleep.

But yeah, 5 glass cannons improve clear time drastically that you won’t feel yawnful. Plus having to dodge occasionally helps you not get bored.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

What was fixed in 2 and 3? I haven’t done HotW in awhile, but I’ve done it after the huge map exploits were fixed. 2 actually seems quite fast. The last time I did 2, I just skipped one of the dogs. Then after the two quaggan guy boss, swam straight to the final boss.

Both of the end bosses have insanely large HP pools (especially for an underwater mob) and the other bosses are just as boring. The final boss on path 3 also spawns barracudas hitting for 3-5K in addition to his suicide jellyfishes.

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Listen to music. Talk to teammates. Leave and go run FotM.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

I do really good damage while downed underwater against the bosses in P2 and P3 as a necromancer.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

HOTW takes more then 30 minutes?

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I did hotw drunk on new years, that crooked ship really is worrying, though drunk lupicus was more fun

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

You’re confusing difficult enemies with boring meat tanks.

I think you missed the joke.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer