HotW P1 extremely hard, not even half way

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Archaeopteryx.7409

Archaeopteryx.7409

Anyone tried it? Don’t, go back to Arah. It’s easier than this boss right now.

Tried a “Fast Run” in 5 groups… All unable to kill that Troll seeing as we’ve tried ranged, stack and aggro kill techniques… All failed. The most damage we’ve been able to inflict is 45% of his HP; other than that, I’d rather avoid it more than I’ve avoided Arah.

Anyone else feel the same?

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

It’s essentially the same troll from AC, except he’s now level 80, completely unskippable and here to kick your kitten .

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Are you guys watching closely for his leap attack? It is pretty much what oneshots people.

Posted by: Archaeopteryx.7409

Archaeopteryx.7409

Are you guys watching closely for his leap attack? It is pretty much what oneshots people.

I managed to dodge it twice before it was just me and a Mesmer left standing, so yeh…

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

At least I had no issues soloing it on AC, like a year ago?

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Is it copy of AC one? Then what’s the issue exactly?

Posted by: ELement.5647

ELement.5647

Looks like we’ll need to re-bind our dodge keys for this one lads.

Posted by: Cotser.7015

Cotser.7015

Did they buff him recently?

King of the Nightstand dynasty
I like dungeons and Ikea.
aka Cotscene.

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

You are doing it wrong. Wear berserker, stack, press one. I heard that solves problems.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Blasphemy!

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

Is it copy of AC one? Then what’s the issue exactly?

That people never do the one in AC and that this requires actual personal-level skill, you can’t carry others at all (can’t protect them with aegis/reflection, if they don’t dodge, projectiles start bouncing).

I’m not saying it’s bad, but for pugs it’s going to be incredibly hard and unlike most other bosses in popular pug dungeons. It’s a great fight for a proper premade team though.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

Posted by: domness.6719

domness.6719

Just did it now with a group, absolutely no problems whatsoever. You must have been with a really bad pug group or something.

[OP] Optimise

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

Just did it now with a group, absolutely no problems whatsoever. You must have been with a really bad pug group or something.

From my experience, ~60% of the pugs don’t even dodge the most obvious and slow attacks in dungeons, I really don’t see most people dodging these cosistently.

Posted by: domness.6719

domness.6719

From my experience, ~60% of the pugs don’t even dodge the most obvious and slow attacks in dungeons, I really don’t see most people dodging these cosistently.

Personally, I’m happier for a little more of a challenge rather than nurf everything to ensure all pug groups can do everything fine without a little organisation or skill.

[OP] Optimise

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

At least I had no issues soloing it on AC, like a year ago?

Playing with the new HotW boss on mesmer, one difference I see between it and your AC video from a year ago is that it seems impossible to simply run away from the jump, as he doesn’t jump straight up but always towards me (so he lands right on top of me regardless of distance). Is there a trick to that I’m missing?

Projectiles can’t be reflected but untraited phantasmal warden works. Illusions don’t dodge the projectiles so the attack bounces to me regardless of who his target is, which is kinda annoying.

Edit: Beat him, wasn’t too bad at all using the untraited warden to block his auto attack.

(edited by draconx.3102)

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Everything is unblockable, that kinda annoys me. I felt very much useless on my guardian there. xD

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

I dont mind the changes but quite frankly it’d be nice to see this stuff in the patch notes.

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

I dont mind the changes but quite frankly it’d be nice to see this stuff in the patch notes.

Since there is no dungeon team , there is no group to write the notes. The head devs dont get a rundown on every change made so most likely the people who prepared the notes, didnt realize these changes existed because they were not gamebreaking, so it wasnt forwarded to the lead guy in charge of the patch. I do agree they should have notes, so please hire a dungeon team ASAP

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

Not sure what annoys me more, the unnecessary change or the fact it wasn’t documented. Stupid either way

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Not sure what annoys me more, the unnecessary change or the fact it wasn’t documented. Stupid either way

It was necessary along with tons of other things that need to be done.

Seeing as this is pretty much what we’ve got for endgame content, the more engaging and relatively challenging boss fights we get the better.

Bring it the hell on, Arenanet.

Also thanks… now keep going. There’s plenty of things in dungeons that are way too trivial and in dire need of refinement so please give us more.
MOAR!
MOAR!
http://i.imgur.com/ux5ZqxL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BV6xKoz.jpg

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

We just did HotW p1 with a group comp of 2 ele/1 war/1 thief/1 guard. We might-stacked and dropped 4x FGS on top of the house before jumping down, the warrior feared the troll into the wall, the guardian gave us stability with SYG so we were immune to the Troll’s CC, and we Fiery Rushed him dead in 2 secs.