HotW Path 1 Troll boss

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

How very lame Anet

Once again you go for the short cut trying to make bosses harder VS. making them smarter or random.

How about random Boss and Loot locations? That would make dungeons 100% better VS. just giving a Boss another gimmick. Make players find loot VS. just rewarding it!

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

gw2dungeons updated for that mob if someone is interested.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Asia Skyly.7198

Asia Skyly.7198

Well, in all honestly it is all your fault. You were having fun in HotW P1, thus it must end. As they tried in CoF P1, as they will do anywhere where fun is obtained.

You better learn your lesson, or you might end up with a record like the thief: nerfed every single patch like it was a religion dictate. Yet, there are players out there STILL having fun on their thieves… they never learn!

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Well, in all honestly it is all your fault. You were having fun in HotW P1, thus it must end. As they tried in CoF P1, as they will do anywhere where fun is obtained.

Why must the fun end? The new troll boss is way more fun than the old one, despite the bugs with the loot and enemy type.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Asia Skyly.7198

Asia Skyly.7198

Now in all seriousness, I have nothing against the new troll. But a harder boss should come with better rewards. I am afraid that is not the style in dungeons, where changes reduce efficiency or force a certain meta, without an accompanying reward change.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

New troll is something I’d hate to do in a PUG, but enjoy doing with friends. Although I do feel that this type of change needs to be in the patch notes since its not even remotely close to being an “exploit.” I also feel that the harder content should be in new content (lol), and that they should just fix bugs/exploits in the current dungeons.

(edited by TurtleDragon.3108)

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

ermagerd the AC tokens…

…can’t….stop…laughing…..

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Just another reason to now see;

HoTW P1 lfg-zerker/heavies only.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Wethospu.6437

To be honest, I actually expect pugs to safespot it…. in couple of months.

Attachments:

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Have anyone tried HotW path 1 after the patch? The champion troll, the first boss, have been changed with identical skills as AC troll, those deadly 1-hit leap-stomp, fear and lightning bolts.

yep and it’s not in the patch notes

and there’s a new fence in SE p1, also not in patch notes
and they made the carrier dredge cart smaller, also not in patch notes

why are they lying to us, not telling is lying

Are you Shpongled?

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

My honest guess is that they saw the current speedclear of HoTW 1 and they decided to add this as a small response, to try and make it harder.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

… except that it doesn’t pose any sort of challenge to that said speedclear group, but drown the pug in tears now.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Tarug.7369

Tarug.7369

To be honest, I actually expect pugs to safespot it…. in couple of months.

sigh… pew pew from a safe spot. Pugging this will take forever now. And their post in the LFG will be something like: “p1 SPEED RUN exp 7k AP only!!1!”

To be honest I’m a bit disappointed. I was excited after reading about the change and bugged my guildies to do a HotW run. “Come, come! It will be a challenge now!” “People are having trouble getting past it… it will be fun!”. Well, the old troll was a joke, but this isn’t much harder. =/

Nina Tarug [NP] – mesmer
“You’re a bitter man," said Candide.
“That’s because I’ve lived in the dungeon forum,” said Martin.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: joey the creator.3587

joey the creator.3587

hahah our hotw p1 record was perfect timing :P

You mean disqualified

We don’t care about that, it woulda got reset with the ferocity patch anyway we still have the alltime

Quit gw2. Casually play gw1 when I have spare time.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

The thing that makes it rather difficult is the tight space you’re left with, meaning you have to stay rather close and when he stomps it’s guaranteed to hit the whole group (if they don’t dodge anyway).

What you wanna do is kill the wolves and lure the troll from under the bridge (is this some kind of metaphor? anyway…) to the more spacious area with the wooden stage on it. Allows the group to spread out and makes things soooo much easier.

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

I don’t really mind the change, but no patch notes, and having it drop AC tokens is borderline offensive on the sloppiness scale.

If they don’t want people to perfect speedruns of old dungeons they should make new content so people have a new challenge and won’t spend as much time trying to do [insert path here] in 3-4 min. Also why this path? It would seem like others are generally faster/more rewarding (e.g. SE1).

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

… except that it doesn’t pose any sort of challenge to that said speedclear group, but drown the pug in tears now.

I never said such a decision would make any sense or be effective, simply that it was probably the motivating factor for doing such a quick haphazard change (keeping the AC tokens from the mob that they copy-pasted) out of the blue.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

draconx.3102

The thing that makes it rather difficult is the tight space you’re left with, meaning you have to stay rather close and when he stomps it’s guaranteed to hit the whole group (if they don’t dodge anyway).

The stomp has like a 5 second windup, it’s impossible to miss. He is easy to fight under the spawn just fine… although the crystal above him was hitting me (through floors and walls) with annoying knockback projectiles so I did kill that first.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Wethospu.6437

They have to break it before they can fix it!

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s the right direction but why HotW? Considering in addition the big fat ol’ sack of health at the end, does it really still warrant a CoF P1 reward…?

Wasn’t HoTW1 overrun by certain automated entities?

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

They have to break it before they can remove it!

FTFY

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s the right direction but why HotW? Considering in addition the big fat ol’ sack of health at the end, does it really still warrant a CoF P1 reward…?

this is probably the real reason

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

this is probably the real reason

If the entities will learn to dodge to avoid the troll, I wonder if PUGs will.

… I can dream, right?

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Because adding an optional mob that can be safespotted distracts teleporting scripts so much.

Dub | [rT]

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

You give them too much credit assuming that they knew what was going on within the instance :d

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

I honestly don’t mind that the troll is different. I don’t mind that its the same troll as in AC.. not really.. what does bother me though is that it gives AC loot, which shows they didn’t test things, and that it was a change made with no notification anywhere. Stealth patches are the worst kind, I certainly would appreciate more transparency.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I honestly don’t mind that the troll is different. I don’t mind that its the same troll as in AC.. not really.. what does bother me though is that it gives AC loot, which shows they didn’t test things, and that it was a change made with no notification anywhere. Stealth patches are the worst kind, I certainly would appreciate more transparency.

It’s most likely a “hotfix” to combat those automated entities. I’m sure most people would agree that companies don’t introduce changes without any reason.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

Well I consider myself your average pug player, and altough the first time we struggled a little we got him on the 2nd try rather smooth. However we did wipe 2 times on Aldus hehehe….. So I doubt this will be a PUG killer.

The implementation though is poorly done, really the exact same troll with an identical loot table?

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

draconx.3102

The implementation though is poorly done, really the exact same troll with an identical loot table?

He has a different name and is blue. Totally different.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Levelord.5746

Levelord.5746

Because slapping a Sprite sticker on a Coke bottle totally makes it Sprite.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

dlonie.6547

I think we can all agree that what this dungeon really needed was a clown car full of wolves. That is always a fun and interesting mechanic!

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Because slapping a Sprite sticker on a Coke bottle totally makes it Sprite.

I’m not sure if you’re serious and missed the joke, or, are joking yourself…

9 Guardians later…

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

For Pug’s groups its best to kill the doggies first (they are too easy to Argo after getting bounced all over by the Troll), then just range kill the Troll. There are plenty of safe places where the Troll can’t get you after you kill the doggies.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I think we can all agree that what this dungeon really needed was a clown car full of wolves. That is always a fun and interesting mechanic!

Icebrood dredge?

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Ephemeral.5409

Ephemeral.5409

Icebrood dredge?

Excellent. In addition to this, it has to be underwater, so the scummy zerkers can’t just stack and just auto attack it as easily.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

deSade.9437

I’d like to remind you that with the 2nd skill on mesmer’s spear you can effectively mini-fgs the mobs, thus making underwater combat an exploit.
I’m writing like a pony on lsd.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Ephemeral.5409

Ephemeral.5409

Good point. In the spirit of low effort innovative problem solving, disabling all attacks except auto attacks is the best solution. Also, attacks are limited to once every 4 seconds, to help with the immersion (after all, swinging a heavy spear underwater is going to be hard).

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

dlonie.6547

While we’re at it, dodging underwater is OP and should be removed. It kills my immersion every time.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Since we’re going into immersion breakers, I propose the drowning mechanic, which I’m sure everyone is familiar with how it will work.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

deSade.9437

You could sell an aquabreather on the gemstore?

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Sounds to me like the AC troll got bored, what with everyone skipping him and all, so he wandered off into HotW.

Server: Devona’s Rest

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

You could sell an aquabreather on the gemstore?

There is no supply of oxygen to which they connect.

Unless ANet wants to sell virtual air to us.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Akashic.1892

Akashic.1892

The problem is that this dungeon area was not designed to have this type of fight, and they just copied the troll into the area. What really upsets me is that they didn’t even bother to put something like this in the patch notes hello?

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Most epic fail ever for the AC tokens xD
Though imo this is going to kill the dungeon path (at least speaking of pugs and puggers) since it still remains absurdly boring and plain, as they changed the little troll instead of the main bosses which are just obnoxious uber huge hp pools with lame AI and with random pugs you end up failing quite a lot of times.

\||||||/
O°v°O

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: Eric.1340

Eric.1340

Raising the difficulty without changing the rewards makes this an automatic fail. Good Job Anet!

Fort Aspenwood

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Ran this for the first time last night. Got it in the first try with a semi-organized attempt (only one ele, and that was a noob). It’s not so bad, and is a nice change for the dungeon to have someone that hits hard but doesn’t have a Huge Sack of HP. If it wasn’t for the copy/paste fail, I’d have no complaints.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

me and a friend would usually take out the mobs including the troll, and then LFG afterwards- we joked that this change was implemented to prevent us from doing that now- we tried to take it on just us 2 – nearly impossible.
We eventually took the troll out with a party but- I think this is a somewhat unnecessary change but I cant do anything about it.

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

dlonie.6547

Raising the difficulty without changing the rewards makes this an automatic fail. Good Job Anet!

They totally changed the rewards, what are you talking about? Wouldn’t you rather have a few more AC tokens than HotW, anyway?

>.>

HotW Path 1 Troll boss

Wethospu.6437

me and a friend would usually take out the mobs including the troll, and then LFG afterwards- we joked that this change was implemented to prevent us from doing that now- we tried to take it on just us 2 – nearly impossible.
We eventually took the troll out with a party but- I think this is a somewhat unnecessary change but I cant do anything about it.

It’s definitely soloable, was able to do it on first try. Just practice bit and dodge and you should be fine!