HotW bosses - sons of svanir or icebrood?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

I recently bought an exotic spear with the intent of using it in the hotw dungeon. Since hotw is more or less the only place I do underwater combat, I decided I’d get one of the 10% damage sigils. The thing is, both a 10% against icebrood and a 10% against sons of svanir sigil exists.

My question is, are the final bosses of path 2 and 3 considered sons of svanir or icebrood? Perhaps both? Visually they look like icebrood, but the HotW dungeon vendor sells the sigils that give a damage bonus against sons of svanir.

An official response would be nice.

Posted by: Kissy.8215

Kissy.8215

^^
This I’d like to know also…

Prepare for your descent into Madness….

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

thought this was obvious but maybe not to everyone. the simplest way to tell is to look at the vendor for the particular dungeon. whatever slaying potion he sells and/or sigil is on the weapons he sells will tell you what is the correct “type”, in hotw’s case it is svanir. this counts for EVERY mob/boss in the respective dungeons, wether its icebrood or svanir or pokemon, if its in hotw you want svanir slaying.

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

So you are saying SE path 1 dredge potion is the way to go?

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I recently bought an exotic spear with the intent of using it in the hotw dungeon. Since hotw is more or less the only place I do underwater combat, I decided I’d get one of the 10% damage sigils. The thing is, both a 10% against icebrood and a 10% against sons of svanir sigil exists.

My question is, are the final bosses of path 2 and 3 considered sons of svanir or icebrood? Perhaps both? Visually they look like icebrood, but the HotW dungeon vendor sells the sigils that give a damage bonus against sons of svanir.

An official response would be nice.

Norns with “icy bits” are still Sons of Svanir. Butcher, Zealot and Huntsman are all Sons of Svanir. However, the two twin bosses on Huntsman Path who are all covered in ice and beast-looking are Icebrood.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

thought this was obvious but maybe not to everyone. the simplest way to tell is to look at the vendor for the particular dungeon. whatever slaying potion he sells and/or sigil is on the weapons he sells will tell you what is the correct “type”, in hotw’s case it is svanir. this counts for EVERY mob/boss in the respective dungeons, wether its icebrood or svanir or pokemon, if its in hotw you want svanir slaying.

Doesnt always hold true.
SE is dredge, but path 1 is all inquest.
CoE is undead for some reason (Unless they fixed it) but everything in there is inquest if my friend is to be believed.