How I saved 1330 gold in a single afternoon

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

but why would you go all the same build? thats not synergistic..

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

One day I wanted to buy a car. But then I realized I can just use the subway.
Maybe I make a post about how I saved 30k $!

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Maybe you weren’t using proper rotations if it took you so long, or you were using staves and scepters? :d maybe bad traits. I can’t believe it took you 40 min with good performance, if this took 1 hour with kitten builds and healing lupi forever.

You’re supposed to all go DS build 62006 if you want the most optimal speedrun with 5 necros (i might be wrong here)

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I prefer axe over staff personally, dagger generates life force fast enough when i need it, and in those times i come out of ds and it’s on cd so I can’t range, I use ghastly claws.

But yeah, necro isn’t particularly hard, use blood is power, use focus 4 and drop your well of suffering and go spam life blasts until you get to 50% life force then exist and spam some dagger autoattacks to get above the 50% threshold and repeat.

People like to say necro is broken, but while it’s one of the weaker classes, the necromancer is miles ahead of poor mesmers, who you just bring for a few gimmicks as their practical damage is terrible. I can spam my necro’s life blasts for damage similar to a phantasm that’s on a 16 sec cd, hits a single target if its not the iwarden, and my life blasts are actually not wiped out by incidental pve aoe spam like mesmer illusions are.

Sublimatio.6981

passive-aggressive person detected. executing escape plan

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

It’s not a joke if it isn’t funny though!

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

actually, a group of 5 necros shouldn’t be so bad. none of you can do anything good for the rest, but each one of you should be putting enough damage not to spend 40 minutes.

i think 66002 is much better than 62006

And yeah, i get your point, i save thousands of gold every day i don’t buy the precursors i want.

And if anet makes the gs a ranged weapon then i am considering quitting this game. Really.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I laughed. Today. Not at this thread, though.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Signet of spite doesnt work in DS.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I laughed. Today. Not at this thread, though.

I feel you bro

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Today, I made Lyss. I lost money.

The end.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Why no chaos gun, bruh?

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Lindbur.2537

It was twice as expensive and I wasn’t looking to make Quip. :>

A remnant of times past.

Iris Ng.9845

If you make quip and sell it, you have both the skin and the gold :>

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Lindbur.2537

But I don’t have any interest in making a 4th legendary for any purpose…

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Are you sure?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Zenith.7301

Part of the pull of a legendary though is having a weapon whose stats you can swap on demand without having an inventory full of different stat weapons though.

I would never bother with the cancer that is world exploration (and I did it on my slow as kitten mesmer shivers, never again I had to use runes of the centaur and mantra to keep up perma swiftness) just for a couple thousand gold. Ew.

Isn’t it lovely just how neglectful the design is? Pretty much how rangers begged them on beta to not implement pets, and they went with it anyways and 2 years in we still have that terrible piece of AI that doesn’t even scale with gear stats, cannot cleave (unless it’s a single pet family out of the entire bunch), and doesn’t benefit from foods/consumables and cannot avoid certain attacks or attack certain targets. And that’s just ranger pets, which are miles ahead necromancer minions.

But…. it’s not like the necro has any better options than signet of spite and you’re still bound to use your weapon autoattacks every so often.

I was looking at the Revenant skills and traits and I can only hope anet is going to revamp the vanilla classes’ traits and skills to the same level of potency/utility.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Sublimatio.6981

But…. it’s not like the necro has any better options than signet of spite and you’re still bound to use your weapon autoattacks every so often.

You use both wells and BiP for DS build

Zenith.7301

You use both wells and BiP for DS build

Which I mentioned? Well of Suffering and BiP. All the other wells are fairly useless anyways in most scenarios, well of darkness is of no use with a thief around and its long cd hardly justifies its use on a boss given its benefit compared to signet of spite. Signet of spite might not work in DS, but extra power is never an extraneous feature whereas condi removal/blind is.

The third slot really is up to you but in terms of damage signet is gonna beat it unless you can afford to use a minion instead on that encounter.

spoj.9672

Well of Corruption does damage. Honestly surprised that people still forget this.

Zenith.7301

Yeah but it’s considerably less than suffering and I’m not even sure over the course of a fight it outdoes the benefit of the alternatives. It’s also stationary so if for some reason your target moves out of it you lose damage.

It’s not really much of a difference.

spoj.9672

Its lower damage but its still considerable burst. Signet of Spite is better for dagger build. WoC is better for DS build. Its that simple.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

One day I wanted to buy a car. But then I realized I can just use the subway.
Maybe I make a post about how I saved 30k $!

I saved 15% or more on my car insurance….By putting it in reverse and driving away from the scene of the accident.

OP you didn’t “save” 1330g by not buying that item. You didn’t spend 1330g by not buying that item. There is a difference…

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

no warhorn no win

Posted by: stephoa.7082

stephoa.7082

The plot twist in this story would’ve given M. Night Shyamalan a run for his money.

Always looking for friends! Add me on EU or NA!

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

what?! if i made a lengedary and sold it on the TP, i get both the thousands of gold and the skin unlockeD?

Lindbur.2537

No. If you make a legendary and sell it, you unlock the precursor’s skin.

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

And if you buy Eternity you unlock all 5 skins used in crafting it.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

slow clap

By judging the first few posts I was afraid noone will understand the point of this thread. No, I will not stop whining on the forums about necros, because I want to play mine in dungeons, but as it stands it’s just so, SO bad compared to other classes. Yes, I’m bitter about it.

you are best off hoping for the content to change.
Necros will never, and probably should never excel at a top level in a meta based on fast movement and initial bursts.

welllll maybe the new specification could redefine the necro paradigm

Iris Ng.9845

But necro is soooo good in pvp and wvw. My necro baby wears 3 skins worth of 9,000 gold and another 3,000 gold will be soon added to her collection.

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I’ve seen Necros do more damage that most average players on other classes (not uber ones, of course) but they use berserker builds with daggers <3, not conditions. You should give that a try (a serious not-laughing or being skeptical try), it may surprise you (like it did with me).

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en espaƱol / Spanish raiding guides

Sublimatio.6981

slow clap

No, I will not stop whining on the forums about necros, because I want to play mine in dungeons

plz read yourself again, even few times. why are you here seeking attention instead of playing your necro in dungeons like u want? i play my necro everyday in high-end pve and i dont feel the urgency to whine on forums about my class anymore. ANet is alrdy quite aware of the uselessness of this class, especially now after AngryJoe mentioned it in front of Colin’s face

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

You guys would have cleared faster if you bought the skin.

Zenith.7301

slow clap

No, I will not stop whining on the forums about necros, because I want to play mine in dungeons

plz read yourself again, even few times. why are you here seeking attention instead of playing your necro in dungeons like u want? i play my necro everyday in high-end pve and i dont feel the urgency to whine on forums about my class anymore. ANet is alrdy quite aware of the uselessness of this class, especially now after AngryJoe mentioned it in front of Colin’s face

AngryJoe only mentioned it in the context of conditions sucking, as if necro were only about conditions. Which is also a constant PvP guy perspective, that power necros somehow are fine.