How are revenants?

How are revenants?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

How have they been doing in dungeons, speed runs, fractals, or possibly raids for the few that I think have access?

Do you think (if theyre good) theyll stay good and useful, or trumped by other classes?

Also what weapons for them seem to be most, and least, useful for pve

(edited by Malpractice.7850)

How are revenants?

Posted by: AmbrosialK.2653

AmbrosialK.2653

So far my experience playing Revenant has been extremely positive other than a few bugs here and there which was to be expected. IMO Revenants are very good and will replace some classes in the current dungeon/fotm meta. As for raids you will definitely see groups using more than 1 Revenant. Revenant brings a lot of utility to the table though if you do bring them for their utility (Jalis, Ventari) then you are sitting a quite a dps loss. If you bring them as offensive support in parties being the main source of fury/might/prot then they can be extremely valuable. If you choose to stick to the traditional PS warrior for your offensive party buffs then Revenants are still very good because of their dps. If you have a good mesmer you can run your Revenants both offensive support and high dps with a glint/mallyx build. Here’s a video i made of myself soloing lupi with Revenant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSXA_36R12A

How are revenants?

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Best all round class in the game.

Indispensable 50% group boon duration, the only group prot with reliable upkeep, or 12-13 might stacks+ perma fury for the group, on top of being in the top 3 DPS classes.

How are revenants?

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

The question should actually be what the Rev CANNOT do.

I used to think Rev’s weakness was its mobility… until I tried fleeing from one.

How are revenants?

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

Very high DPS with Shiro(if you don’t have high quickness uptime), Mallyx(also for DPS when you have quickness/want to take more DPS), offensive support with Glint(fury, might, boon duration), defense with Jalis(bad stability and pure damage reduction) and projectile destruction/condi cleanse with Ventari. They’re one of the most versatile classes in the game while having amazing DPS, just lacking Stability (in which Guardians are still the best) and Stealth (Thief/Engi).

ambro 3 fast 5 me

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

How are revenants?

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

^
And condi removal, lol@Mallyx

Stella Truth Seeker

How are revenants?

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

Indispensable 50% group boon duration, the only group prot with reliable upkeep, or 12-13 might stacks+ perma fury for the group, on top of being in the top 3 DPS classes.

" on top of being in the top 3 DPS classes"

Was the math done with quickness + alacrity group wide or no? Part of what makes revenant DPS look so high is that it has personal quickness. But this isn’t a big gain with chrono around ( which is probably one of the strongest if not the strongest class for PvE ). I’d imagine at least engi, ele, and reaper would be ahead of revenant in terms of DPS. It would be interesting too see how far warrior shoots ahead with alacrity and quickness.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

How are revenants?

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Was the math done with quickness + alacrity group wide or no? Part of what makes revenant DPS look so high is that it has personal quickness. But this isn’t a big gain with chrono around ( which is probably one of the strongest if not the strongest class for PvE ). I’d imagine at least engi, ele, and reaper would be ahead of revenant in terms of DPS. It would be interesting too see how far warrior shoots ahead with alacrity and quickness.

Revenant dps is good because of high coefficients, fast attack speed, and abundance of damage and stat boosting traits. The quickness is icing on the cake. If everyone has quickness and alacrity via a chronomancer, berserker, elementalist, and in some cases reaper can catch up and approximately break even. Otherwise Revenant stays clearly top for melee dps.

How are revenants?

Revenant dps is good because of high coefficients, fast attack speed, and abundance of damage and stat boosting traits. The quickness is icing on the cake. If everyone has quickness and alacrity via a chronomancer, berserker, elementalist, and in some cases reaper can catch up and approximately break even. Otherwise Revenant stays clearly top for melee dps.

Yeah, that is what I was wondering. I figured you will always be wanting to take a chronomancer anyway. But what about condition damage engi?

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

How are revenants?

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Alacrity is pretty insane. It makes GS warrior DPS sky high. Alacrity makes condi engie DPS sky high, though it makes engie even harder to play than it already is since you have to kit swap that much faster. Alacrity doesn’t do much for Rev, though since it does nothing for auto attacks.

By the same token, Quickness makes rev DPS insane but does little for condi engie.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

How are revenants?

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

The question should actually be what the Rev CANNOT do.

I used to think Rev’s weakness was its mobility… until I tried fleeing from one.

And just think, that 1200 range teleport used to have no cd. I know it was broken, but kitten it was fun to just fly around the open world. I really wish they’d remove the cd for PvE since it’s not really hurting anyone, just making them jealous.

How are revenants?

Alacrity is pretty insane. It makes GS warrior DPS sky high. Alacrity makes condi engie DPS sky high, though it makes engie even harder to play than it already is since you have to kit swap that much faster. Alacrity doesn’t do much for Rev, though since it does nothing for auto attacks.

By the same token, Quickness makes rev DPS insane but does little for condi engie.

True. Warrior new highest DPS? : P

/s

How are revenants?

NikeEU.7690

Without quickness, Tempest is the highest DPS. Assuming perma-quickness and perma alacrity… I have no idea.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

How are revenants?

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Well from the sounds of this, Chrono is by far the #1 wanted class to have in a party right now. It is the master of both alacrity and quickness buffs so it can help everyone reach sky high DPS. This is also not mentioning the reflect skills it can also bring.

How are revenants?

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Without quickness, Tempest is the highest DPS. Assuming perma-quickness and perma alacrity… I have no idea.

“Without quickness” is a bit misleading. Yeah, Tempest is good without it, but Revenant and Chronomancer are going to have it by default, so it’s not really a fair comparison.

With quickness and alacrity, engineer is easily the highest, but have fun with that minmax theoretical rotation.

How are revenants?

NikeEU.7690

And a chronomancer with quickness and a rev with shiro are still lower than tempest without quickness, which is the point. When you apply equal buffs to all professions it’s difficult to determine because I don’t think a perfect alacrity fueled engie rotation is humanly possible, unless a korean SC2 pro decided to play gw2 pve instead

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

How are revenants?

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Revenant/Herald seems legit.

How are revenants?

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I suspect you’re either grossly overestimating elementalist DPS, underestimating Revenant DPS, or you’ve found some secret Tempest build that I don’t know about that deals like twice as much as the old staff ele build.

How are revenants?

Posted by: Elomite.2396

Elomite.2396

I’m confused at what tempest could possibly bring, the ele offhands were already some of the best weaponsets in the game, scepter has a ton of issues and doesn’t really fit in pve, what does warhorn offer or is it just the traitline that makes it good. What could warhorn possibly do better than focus, which is arguably one of the best offhands in the game even if it’s a dps increase do you really know that many eles that play dagger /x well enough to not make them a liability, focus usually supports dagger skills really well, being able to go invuln whenever you want if you put yourself in a bad position which happens a lot with burning speed, the projectile defense, chill, cc’s, long duration fire field and a small reflect. What traitline would you drop in favor of tempest?

How are revenants?

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

You just use tempest trait line instead of water line for the typical staff build (air and fire overloads are pretty crazy). It has nothing to do with warhorn.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

How are revenants?

NikeEU.7690

I suspect you’re either grossly overestimating elementalist DPS, underestimating Revenant DPS, or you’ve found some secret Tempest build that I don’t know about that deals like twice as much as the old staff ele build.

Tempest is a lot better than the old staff ele.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

How are revenants?

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Against a hotm-golem for sure, but what about real fights where you have to dodge some times?

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

How are revenants?

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Against a hotm-golem for sure, but what about real fights where you have to dodge some times?

You can apply this question to any class. A better question would be by how much does the dps of an ele drop when they dodge, and in comparison to the dps drop of other classes, as well as the delay before the drop is noticed(condi), is the difference between 2 classes dodging at various times in their rotations negligible? Or at what skill level do you and your party need to be playing at to negate the difference?

How are revenants?

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Do tell.

How are revenants?

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

You can apply this question to any class. A better question would be by how much does the dps of an ele drop when they dodge, and in comparison to the dps drop of other classes, as well as the delay before the drop is noticed(condi), is the difference between 2 classes dodging at various times in their rotations negligible? Or at what skill level do you and your party need to be playing at to negate the difference?

You can not apply this question to any other class. I don’t know of any skill other than overloading attunements, where the channeltime is 4s and you have to be in melee range.
This also has nothing to do with skill level. If imbued shaman decides to put a firestorm on you, then you might want to get out of it. If mossman does his port and his double-hit, then you might want to dodge.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

How are revenants?

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

It seems like 90% of DnT comments are always riddles like this, where they expect you to take their word as God. I also don’t see how tempest is 2x the damage as staff ele.

How are revenants?

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

It seems like 90% of DnT comments are always riddles like this, where they expect you to take their word as God. I also don’t see how tempest is 2x the damage as staff ele.

To be fair, that’s how I usually operate too.

How are revenants?

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

I don’t know of any skill other than overloading attunements, where the channeltime is 4s and you have to be in melee range.

You only overload 1 attunement at the start of the fight, if the situation is correct.

This also has nothing to do with skill level. If imbued shaman decides to put a firestorm on you, then you might want to get out of it. If mossman does his port and his double-hit, then you might want to dodge.

Sure, but you could have just baited the firestorm out at range, stepped out of it, received passive heals from another class and basically ignored the skill while allowing your melee users to stay in melee range.

So the question is, “If you’ve failed to control the situation, or an action occurs which you can’t counter, how much is your dps dropping by and how does this drop compare to other classes that might have been taken instead of you?”

The question is not as simple as, what happens in a real fight. Knowledge of encounters and personal skill with low latency are miles apart from just pressing 1,2,3,4,5 then swapping to the next attunement and doing it again.

(edited by SlyDevil.3952)

How are revenants?

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Guang, you just have to use icebow and glyph of storm to cover the dead times in air overloads, and be the rest of your time in fire.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.