How can I solo the new Mage Crusher?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Cotser.7015

Cotser.7015

My reflexes are far too dead to evade everytime the Mage Crusher throws that brown… stuff… so, as a Warr, how am I supposed to kill Mage Crusher solo?

King of the Nightstand dynasty
I like dungeons and Ikea.
aka Cotscene.

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

without reflect, you gonna have to range him and use obstacles to LOS his lifedrain

Cotser.7015

Good thing I still have my sigil-less Assassin’s longbow then..

aka Cotscene.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

i have a solo i did like yesterday which i need to upload

but its actually ez pz, you LoS him around where lyssa is in p4 and just pre-emptively dodge the gunk

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

but its actually ez pz

Do a non fgs berserker ele solo with offensive utilities, equipment and traits please.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

His autoattacks aren’t too hard to dodge at around max melee range, but a good place to LoS him around past 75% is beyond me.

Otherwise just raneg him, yeah. I wonder if anyone did the math, cause in full ranged situation I believe swapping rifle and bow back and forth for maximum bursts is more dps than just camping bow. But no real info here.

Defeated by packet loss.

maha.7902

but its actually ez pz

Do a non fgs berserker ele solo with offensive utilities, equipment and traits please.

cry more

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

but its actually ez pz

cry more

Just showing you how kittened the idea of removing fgs without giving elementalists something as refund is, at least seen from a balance point of view.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Pull him towards the Lyssa statue that is located by the gate that will open once you kill it, this way you avoid risen hands respawning and knocking your behind into the dirt and you will also be able to LoS his life drain.
His fetid blast needs to be predicted, try backing off a bit in between his spell casts just because there is no set rotation that he follows and I’ve seen him cast it up to 4 times in a row which amounts to 20k+ damage.
It takes a while getting used to, but once you get the hang of taking preventive measures to avoid it like WWA, dodge or sword block at the right time it becomes fairly easy.
I remember it took me several attempts to get it down the first time and ever since I haven’t wiped a single time on it.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

I always thought he resets at the statue. Welp. Everything is suddenly easy.

Defeated by packet loss.

maha.7902

but its actually ez pz

cry more

Just showing you how kittened the idea of removing fgs without giving elementalists something as refund is, at least seen from a balance point of view.

except this game is balanced around group content, not solo content, and in group content, it trivialises encounters. this has nothing to do with the thread anyway, so let’s move on.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

^ And that’s why I always play warrior when I go solo. Lowest risk, highest reward. Unless reflects are involved, that is.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

@OP

Here is a video of me killing him at the podium post-patch. You will see what I did to make sure he didn’t move from the top. Basically, return right before he’s about to finish leeching.

The general idea with the autoattacks is that you can afford to risk taking a hit or two if you’re at full hp (unless you’re using scholar runes, but I would not suggest scholar in solos for the most part), but if you’re low hp you will need to be more hesitant and preemptively make use of dodges/evasions/blocks because there is no tell.

Just so you are aware, I cannot consistently replicate what you see here in this video due to the risen hands. Sometimes they’re just too kitten stubborn and won’t stop pestering me.

For consistent results, I suggest pulling him over to the column near the left wall (left with respect to your position when entering the area) by where the Lyssa priestess appears in P4. Not only is it easier due to no interference from the hands, but it’s actually a bit faster too.

P.S. – one extra trip: ALWAYS use lifesteal food! It will without a doubt be the absolute fastest because not only will you sustain your health more but you won’t need to interrupt as many 100b channels or swap to axe/sword as frequently for that extra dodge/block.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

maha.7902

was wondering why the hands didnt do anything

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

In my vid? If so, it’s all RNG and that’s partly why I never wanted to do P3 speed runs in the past.

In the past I would keep killing the risen hands until they spawn in convenient locations where they won’t aggro. There are certain spots where they will not aggro if they spawn there while you’re fighting at the podium but if you run past them and they aggro, they will throw rocks until they die. There are 3 total spawns where they automatically aggro while you’re at the podium (the 2 behind me and the 1 to the far left + behind)… somewhat hard to describe the 3 spots.

So if you stealth and run straight to the podium and there are no risen hands in those 3 spots that I mentioned, you will never have a rock thrown at you unless you accidentally whirlwind off into a random direction. That’s why I click whirlwind so often, so that never happens. ^^

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Cotser.7015

Thanks everyone, seems simple-ish enough… gonna keep trying tomorrow.

aka Cotscene.

Cotser.7015

Many attempts, Good RNG, swears and endure pains later…

Attachments:

aka Cotscene.