How does entering a cleared raid work?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

Q:

Without going into boring and/or pointless details, I’m one of those players that will likely never be able to participate in raid content. To that end, I’d really like to at least pop in and take a look around though, from which I hear you can do by joining an already-completed wing.

So my question is, how exactly does this work? Do people list a completed wing in LFG, and you just join up? Does the “owner” have to hang around while you explore, or can you get invited in, and then everyone else is able to leave while you poke around? (ie Does the instance close if the rest of the party is no longer there, etc.)

Thanks ahead of time.

Posted by: Baseleader.4128

Baseleader.4128

A:

People will often list “cleared wing, come in and explore” in the raid LFG. You can just join those parties and get in. If they don’t make an LFG there yourself asking for a cleared wing and I imagine people respond fairly quickly (i always try to when i see such a request).

You’ll join a Commander’s squad and then you’ll be able to enter the raid via the Lions Arch Aerodrome. Like with dungeons, a popup appears to enter. The owner doesn’t need to stay in the raid, once you are in the raid. He can leave and you are free to explore on your own.

A tip i’d also give you is to check out Woodenpotatoes vids on the story of the raids. That combined with some exploration inside the raids gives a nice overview of the story of them.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Forget the fact that a cleared instance is still not a substitute in any way shape or form for experiencing the story or fun of a raid.

I have never seen a listing in LFG for a cleared raid inviting people to come and take a look. And I doubt most of the people putting it forward as an option have either.

People putting this forward as an optional way to experience the raid on the forums are ignoring the in game realities and logistically improbabilities of this happening on a large enough scale to ever be a real solution. It simply isn’t practical on any scale other than, maybe, within a guild environment.

And again – even if that did happen – it wouldn’t be a way to experience the raid in any real form, just a poor guided tour of an empty instance by the “real heroes” of the story.

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

I’ve seen lots of “cleared wing x” on the weekend. I’ve even seen a “cleared wing 1”, which is over a year old.

Prime time EU didn’t even start and there is already a “cleared wing 4” on the lfg (ca. 6 pm, EU).

Posted by: EsarioThree.3075

EsarioThree.3075

Don’t pay any mind to Blaeys, sounds like he needs to take a step back from raiding. People do this all the time, myself included. As a matter of fact I’ve seen 2 in LFG in the past few hours for Bastion of the Penitent, so you can definitely find them out there.

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

I have never seen a listing in LFG for a cleared raid inviting people to come and take a look. And I doubt most of the people putting it forward as an option have either.

Mmm, not sure why you’d say that. Within 10 minutes of my post, I had three whispers in-game from people offering to ferry me into a completed instance. Then today I found one in LFG that worked, timing-wise, and I spent some time wandering around and appreciating stuff.

The rest of your reply is sort of tangential: I never said I was looking to “experience the raid in any real form”, just that I was curious about how going into a cleared one worked, and thus tried it.

But thanks anyway for reading too far into my question.

(edited by MorganOneNine.1025)

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Forget the fact that a cleared instance is still not a substitute in any way shape or form for experiencing the story or fun of a raid.

People putting this forward as an optional way to experience the raid on the forums are ignoring the in game realities and logistically improbabilities of this happening on a large enough scale to ever be a real solution. It simply isn’t practical on any scale other than, maybe, within a guild environment.

And again – even if that did happen – it wouldn’t be a way to experience the raid in any real form, just a poor guided tour of an empty instance by the “real heroes” of the story.

The real feel of the raid is not the lore the lore the raiders get is exactly the same the guy who joins a cleared isntance gets. What you call real feel fo the raid is the encounters which dont really have lore tied to them or lore during the fight so yeah if some one doesnt want that and only wants the lore this is as good as the actual raiders get.