How is sinister Engi in the new raid?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Pikachu.1829

Pikachu.1829

This is premature, but how are sinister Engi in the first raid at least?

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

As I understand it, the groups that have beaten the first wing so far have had a couple Sinister Engis with them

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

All of them had 3-4 sinister/rabid engies.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

They are pretty much required it seems. They are just so much higher dps than other condition classes that it makes it a lot easier to have them.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

They are pretty much required it seems. They are just so much higher dps than other condition classes that it makes it a lot easier to have them.

I imagine pet management would be an issue but ranger isn’t too far away in my experience.

And I’m still curious to see what people put together for Berserker(so weird saying that name when I’m talking about a condi build) seems like they may have made some decent gains.

Of course condi engi is top dog on sustained fights if they can pull off the rotation.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I imagine pet management would be an issue but ranger isn’t too far away in my experience.

And I’m still curious to see what people put together for Berserker(so weird saying that name when I’m talking about a condi build) seems like they may have made some decent gains.

Of course condi engi is top dog on sustained fights if they can pull off the rotation.

One of the big problems at least for the first boss is that you need 5 people who can stand in the AOE circles and DPS from range for a significant part of the fight. Ranger and engineer seem like the best classes for this. Not sure what other classes can compete in that department.

Posted by: juniterio.1245

juniterio.1245

Can we have other condi specs buffed please?

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

I´m curious, did anyone here tried to run Condi Ranger? I wonder how hard it is to keep the spirits up with all AoE-stuff going on.

Posted by: WhimsicalWalrus.9760

WhimsicalWalrus.9760

I´m curious, did anyone here tried to run Condi Ranger? I wonder how hard it is to keep the spirits up with all AoE-stuff going on.

i didnt play condi ranger (i was on revenant) but i raided a lot with pugs and im not sure condi ranger would be ideal in this setting unfortunately.

there is a lot of random aoe being thrown out constantly making spirits almost useless. the boss moves a lot thus limiting the ranger’s condi damage since so much of it is reliant on bonfire and flame trap. Sinister engi is the way to go it seems for the condi groups. Sinister guard might work but i dont know much about them or the dps difference

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I used pets with my Tempest and Reaper and they last surprisingly long enough throughout the whole fight. It seems the autoattack and Seekers don’t hurt them.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Can confirm seekers don’t attack AI. I had 3 melee phantasms up 100% of the time as chrono, not taking a single hit.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: WhimsicalWalrus.9760

WhimsicalWalrus.9760

oh wow that is excellent news then. thanks for the confirmation/info Iris and Miku!

i could see condi ranger shining in an organized group where aggro is well maintained and managed then. spotter and spirits and their own condi burst can really help burn down the red guardian (at split) as well as contributing good dps for the vale guardian. sinister engis are really really strong but a solid sinister ranger could be a valuable asset as well tbh.

im curious to see the comps of further successful runs on release tbh