How long are dungeons runs intended to take?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Has there ever been any indication from the devs as to how much time they thought dungeon runs ought to take?

Has there ever been a stream or video showing devs playing a whole dungeon from start to finish?

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Has there ever been a stream or video showing devs playing a whole dungeon from start to finish?

Dehehehehehehehe.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Dehehehehehehehe.

Hehehehehehehehehe, he said devs and dungeon in one sentence

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

People probably clear them much faster than expected by the devs thanks to exploits, full berserker groups and stacking.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: blessing nosferatu.3784

blessing nosferatu.3784

or maybe we clear them faster because anet plays pp thief without swapping or using utilities.

[rT]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Expect most paths to take around 30 minutes. The skill of your group members will play a major role on whether you finish earlier or later than that.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I believe they said back around release most paths should be completable in about 20 minutes. And thats about right for casual groups that dont build full dps and know the encounters perfectly.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

We did get info from the devs saying that they expected a Fractal to take about 15 – 20 mins (meaning an hour to 1.5 hours for a full run). Extrapolating from that, they probably envision a dungeon path taking an average of 30 mins to 45 mins.

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

I believe they said back around release most paths should be completable in about 20 minutes. And thats about right for casual groups that dont build full dps and know the encounters perfectly.

That’s not far off the average for good teams either. I think whenever I felt like doing a tour (15 paths), the average time per path was 15-16 minutes. It’s only really bad if all you do is like AC1-3.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

(edited by hybrid.5027)

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

Seems to me that we clear them way fast than ANet expects because they are just bad players and use crappy builds in their own game that they supposedly know. Seriously who uses P/P and PVT gear? Who uses S/T on Mesmer in PVT gear? and why on earth would you when you can just burn through the mobs and survive by pure skill.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Seems to me that we clear them way fast than ANet expects because they are just bad players and use crappy builds in their own game that they supposedly know. Seriously who uses P/P and PVT gear? Who uses S/T on Mesmer in PVT gear? and why on earth would you when you can just burn through the mobs and survive by pure skill.

True. This is Chris Whiteside (head of production team):

“I play a PVT AOE Heal shout War. I have played this role fora long period of time and have never played a DPS War. On top of this I am also easily able to hold agro and support my group. My DPS is terrible but I keep my team alive while they run around destroying everything”