How long did it take you to solo Lupi?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The stat difference between exotic and ascended is so negligible I’d still call it self imposed. I want to eke out every last bit of DPS for solos so I grind out ascended (= self imposed). It’s not “you can’t perform content without ascended” – hell you can still do fractals without it, you just can’t do higher levels, and 50s are basically the same as a fractal 1 besides mobs hitting harder, sometimes being more numerous and extra stuff on the loot tables.

There’s no content you’re barred from without ascended, the only thing you can’t do (and I suppose depending on the fractal you can dodge agony attacks) is a more challenging version of the same content you can perform without ascended.

Grind is not a problem in GW2, the problem is the mentality of the playerbase.

Its still huge grind for max stat. GW1 didnt have that. You just had kitten loads of titles to grind instead.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

The point is that you don’t need it, and you can clear content efficiently still in exotics.

Hence why it’s self-imposed grind, hence why I don’t see the point in crying about something you inflict on yourself. It’s like cutting your arm with a knife and blaming the knife for being sharp.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

spoj.9672

Well you dont need anything in a game. But ascended is pretty important if you care about being efficient. Hence the grind. Everything is self imposed. :P

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

efficient =/= optimal

You don’t need ascended to be efficient.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

spoj.9672

Optimal then. :P

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

The stat difference between exotic and ascended is so negligible I’d still call it self imposed.

Lol.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I’ve spent so much time on him it’s not even funny. I have a bag full of excuses (mainly that my connection was too kitten to dodge kicks for a while, though much better now). I’ve probably solo’d each phase at some point or another, but never in the same run. I just rolled my first warr a little while ago and I do much better these days, but still need more practice. Half of the problem for me is finding time to open a path to him and still have enough time free to practice. That, and I’m just not as skilled as many of the other players, but I’ll be kitten ed if I’m not persistent :-)

Some people have mentioned getting him down in 10 hours. I’ve spent at least twice that much time on him and still can’t get him into phase 3 reliably. But I’m getting closer.

Just wanted to share — if you’re having trouble, you’re not alone. Gotta keep practicing until you stop making mistakes. In the rest of the game, not dodging will get you killed. At Lupi, wasting a dodge is worse than eating a hit in some cases….

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Hard to remember, but it was somewhere between 5-15 hours on warrior against a wall. After that it’s not hard to get consistent at it. I heard against a wall is also harder, but I find it easier somehow.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

I heard against a wall is also harder, but I find it easier somehow.

Maybe if you do some smart flanking and outrun the kicks/swipes it’s easier in the open till phase 3.

Eh. I dunno.

Defeated by packet loss.

spoj.9672

Wall is easier. Ironically I learnt without fully understanding how to push lupi. So i learnt off wall. Think i did about 8 hours total of practise before i finally solo’d it on warrior. But about half of that practise time was done on necro. Was already relatively familiar due to meleeing in a group. I remember most of my problems came from phase transitions or when i was on my necro having too many locusts at phase 1 switch.

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

Probably about 10 hours of attempts before I got my first solo