How many fakers have you seen in raid pugs?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Just a definition of what a fake is: Someone who bought raid kills/eternal for a lot of money and is trying to pug raids. As you know since they bought kills, they have absolutely no idea how each fight works and proceed to feed deaths over and over to drag the team down. The reason I think people do this is because after buying 1 full clear, they realize multiple kills are needed to complete the armor collection.

I’m just asking because last week I had to kick 3 people who were fakes, and they were easy to spot too. One person even admitted it and said sorry for dragging down the team. Anyways have you guys encountered this too?

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

I can’t say I am surprised. I mostly view raids as just an annoyance to complete a collection and not something I actually want to do, so can’t blame people for buying carrys.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Posted by: steffen.4317

steffen.4317

thats the reason, why u should ask boss/class specific questions.

for example: u found a rev, tell him he is in the chrono group and ask him what he has to do.

only cause someone has x- insights doesnt mean he is a good player (same to ap)

Oh Snapalope.1378

for example: u found a rev, tell him he is in the chrono group and ask him what he has to do.

The point of this is it shouldn’t be even happening at all. People that sell raids are contributing to this whole thing. I had people with 163 mastery points and 25k+AP (meaning they have raid kills) joining my team asking me what legendary insights are.

Some of the catches on the first day of reset this week:
-29k AP 163 mastery point asking what insights are
-30k AP 163 mastery ele not knowing what orb clear means

(edited by Oh Snapalope.1378)

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Beautiful.

You reap what you sow.

Since you aren’t willing to explain raids people just stay silent.

Consider this retribution for all those Arah runs where I was trying to teach people lupi but they were too scared to ask for help because of people like you guys who refuse to play with people who haven’t already mastered the content or memorized your trite meta lingo.

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Have yet to encounter any “true” fakers. Those who actually lie when you ask them directly. Most people just ignore the “experienced” part and hope nobody will notice or eventually admit that they have only done VG. I rarely play with pugs, though.
Anyways, true transparency goes against everything this game stands for. We still do not even have an option to allow someone to view our gear. The fear that some players might be excluded from any group has always been such a huge issue.
Just think about how most of the community replies to topics such as: “DPS meter”, “Gear check”, “Elitists”, “Meta builds”.

What does that leave us with? We have to succumb to judge people by the amount of AP and MP they have or from the gear they link. It can even be counterproductive if you take it too far. Crazy high AP is the indication that someone never does anything else but farm said AP.

Would be nice if there was some sort of commendation system. Actually, people would probably pay you to gain a positive evaluation. Our best option is still a combination of gear check, title check, insights check, a quiz and just trial and error.

Beautiful.

You reap what you sow.

Consider this retribution for all those Arah runs where I was trying to teach people lupi but they were too scared to ask for help because of people like you guys who refuse to play with people who haven’t already mastered the content or memorized your trite meta lingo.

Now that is a matter of opinion.
People who outright lie to you even though they very well know the LFG description did the right thing?
People who prefer to run dungeons/fractals/raid quickly and smoothly and therefor will pick the most geared and most experienced pugs if given the choice are elitist jerks?

Almost half of my current raid roster consists of people who came in late and had to be given adivice and help. Sometimes leading to long evenings of practice to allow them to get used to any of the bosses. People certainly would not have bothered to spend their evenings doing that if those guys hadn’t been honest from the start. All of us had to start somewhere.

(edited by Henry.5713)

Marthkus.4615

Or. And I know this may be crazy. But you could just play with people.

Maybe if you guys did less backflips to exclude people, you wouldn’t be having these problems.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I run it weekly and I have no idea the answer to your question because my group doesn’t use a Revenant.
It’s hard to find a fair answer to this =/

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Beautiful.

You reap what you sow.

This has nothing at all to do with what OP is referring to. If a group is listing for experienced players I would agree that the more novice players should deserve a kick. I expect a group like that just wants to get in-and-out without having to pause to explain mechanics. This would be completely different than an “All Welcome” group where everyone should walk in expecting various pauses to explain the encounters. If players are “too scared” to speak up and ask for help, well, that’s on the player for missing out on the opportunity. Though that’s a completely different story if they slipped into an exp’d group and are trying the hide the fact that they have little to no experience. E.G. Get carried. In which case, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the boot.

I anticipate that OP listed something like “Raid LF 1 Tempest for Sab, exp’d only”. In which case anything less that a Tempest who knows the mechanics of the fights is expected. Sure, said Tempest can ping all the insights he wants (whether legitimately or chat code) and probably has all the gear, but until he passes the trial by fire the group has no idea what his skillset is.

Raids aren’t at all like dungeons/fractals where a 5 minute explanation converts a complete noob into a rockstar.

Personally, I can’t say I’ve had luck as bad as OP. Though, I can’t say I’ve found a perfect solution to avoid the fakers altogether other than taking them at their word and seeing if they play as well as what their resume lists.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I run it weekly and I have no idea the answer to your question because my group doesn’t use a Revenant.
It’s hard to find a fair answer to this =/

If the revenant doesn’t know he should be keeping his facet of nature over anything else, he should not be playing revenant, it’s the equivalent of warrior bringing banners or druid bringing spotter.

As you said, you don’t play revenant, so I wouldn’t expect you to know, but the guy who mains revenant should.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is the reason you should ignore silly prerequisites like The Eternal, AP, and Legendary Insight counts and just grab people who have the right build/gear and go from there. After a single run it is painfully obvious who doesn’t know what’s going on, and you can easily remove them from the group then.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Triggerbrand.8072

Triggerbrand.8072

I met only one. An engineer with 10k AP with eternal title. I called him out and started to be defensive. I showed him my raiding guild and apparently he’s one of our buyers lol

Posted by: steffen.4317

steffen.4317

This is the reason you should ignore silly prerequisites like The Eternal, AP, and Legendary Insight counts and just grab people who have the right build/gear and go from there. After a single run it is painfully obvious who doesn’t know what’s going on, and you can easily remove them from the group then.

If it would be that easy if u start removing people of the squad, there will follow more, because they
a. they dont want to wait for a replacement
b. they missunderstand ur kick
c. they project the fail of a few persons on the whole group
+ u have to be the “kitten” kicking people ( i always hate it to tell someone hes to bad…)

honestly, i rarely see a squad kicking 1 person and 9 others remain.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

honestly, i rarely see a squad kicking 1 person and 9 others remain.

My experience hasn’t been that terrible, but it could just be luck of the draw. I think the best way to make it not end poorly is to not call it out in general chat. Just whisper the person and let them know they’re being removed and then remove them. If they flame you afterward, block ’em and move on.

I do agree that it sucks waiting for the group to fill, but there really isn’t anything anyone could do to speed that up. You’re at the mercy of whoever is LFR at the time, really.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Beautiful.

You reap what you sow.

+1 for you, good sir.

Coincerning the topic of people buying raids though, I think it is a sad work of art GW2 managed to do here. Months of moaning and predicting that raids would become sold and farm items in the course of months fell on deaf ears. All this talk about how much gleam your medals would have until they would start to fade when more honest raiders would catch up to the first raiders were all hollow and void when people managed to beat parts of the raids with 5 people and the rich kids threw money at them to show them the party line.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

0 – because I don’t pug.

Doing something with a pug will never be as quick and easy as doing it with people you know.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Beautiful.

You reap what you sow.

It’s k – the kick function exists.
Also – it creates a lucrative business opportunity for those teams that can clear well and fast and want a little extra cash.

That aside – I run with an organized group ( as I assume most raiders do) and thus have seen no fakers. But I do imagine they exist.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Or. And I know this may be crazy. But you could just play with people.

Maybe if you guys did less backflips to exclude people, you wouldn’t be having these problems.

Because everyone has loads of time and can afford to spend tons of it teaching random people Raids. Of course.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

I was in a Sab PuG the other day organized by this druid. He had eternal. Well we get the full group and we start asking him how he wants stuff organized and he wont really tell us. So we start figuring it out on our own. He then starts telling us that we only need one person for canons. To my knowledge, you need at least 2. Unless there is some strategy I am not aware of. He insisted that it could be done with only one person.

We finally get the group fully set and ready to pull. He then said he was hung over and probably didn’t have it in him. We asked if he would just give it a couple tries since it had taken us about 30 minutes to get a mostly random PuG together. We do, he had NO idea what he is doing. Flak is everywhere on the group. We are asking him on TS to go out. He doesn’t. Next run, same thing. This guy didn’t have a clue what he was doing. He left the group after that run. It took a little bit but we ended up beating Sabetha after a couple personnel changes and about an hour. Not bad for a random PuG where 3 or 4 had never killed or only killed once.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I was in a Sab PuG the other day organized by this druid. He had eternal. Well we get the full group and we start asking him how he wants stuff organized and he wont really tell us. So we start figuring it out on our own. He then starts telling us that we only need one person for canons. To my knowledge, you need at least 2. Unless there is some strategy I am not aware of. He insisted that it could be done with only one person.

We finally get the group fully set and ready to pull. He then said he was hung over and probably didn’t have it in him. We asked if he would just give it a couple tries since it had taken us about 30 minutes to get a mostly random PuG together. We do, he had NO idea what he is doing. Flak is everywhere on the group. We are asking him on TS to go out. He doesn’t. Next run, same thing. This guy didn’t have a clue what he was doing. He left the group after that run. It took a little bit but we ended up beating Sabetha after a couple personnel changes and about an hour. Not bad for a random PuG where 3 or 4 had never killed or only killed once.

Grats on your victory

Oh Snapalope.1378

Similar story on Gorseval. Had a tempest who has 30k AP and eternal. I was the other tempest and was urgently requesting help clearing orbs. When the ghosts spawned, my side was fully clear while the otherside was covered in blue goo. Happened about 4 times in a row so I looked at what else he’s doing and I saw him overload in weakness aura and getting killed by it. Got the kill as soon as he was replaced. This happened 1.5 weeks ago.

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

well guess that is what we get when we spam eternal only in lfg

luckily never ran into any when i was pugging raid

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

BloodyNine.7504

well guess that is what we get when we spam eternal only in lfg

luckily never ran into any when i was pugging raid

Which is funny. I don’t have eternal. And I usually put myself up in LFG. Simple advertisement. “LFR (boss) Full ascended (class)” I usually only have to wait 10 or 15 before I get an invite. Most people just ask if I have done the fight before. I say yes and then we go. I have not had a single bad experience in a PuG yet. Granted they haven’t always been the smoothest run but never any of the toxic behavior people seem to think is so common. Maybe I have been lucky? I have noticed I am running into a lot of the same groups. I have ended up into the same guild run twice a week apart.

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

There are chat codes to ping x legendary insights as well, thus very hard to see if someone has any experience of kills or not. Imo, those are the worst ppl out there as they fake experience to get carried by a group of ppl without giving much back. Yes, I do understand that some groups will ask for more insights than what you may have, but if you can’t be honest with experience and explain that you know the encounter anyway, don’t join.

That being said, I don’t pug raids.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

BloodyNine.7504

I wish I didn’t have to. But our full guild group isn’t past Gorse. However, the 5 of us within that group who clear can usually grab 5 pugs and make much better progress. Though if we don’t get sab down early in the week, we usually have to get it individually due to scheduling.

We are building toward a full guild group clearing. But it is proving to be a slow process. A lot of people that refuse to adapt to what is needed. Or maybe just not that interested and we end up teaching someone different every week. There are many reasons and it never is the same one from week to week.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

A lot of people that refuse to adapt to what is needed. Or maybe just not that interested and we end up teaching someone different every week. There are many reasons and it never is the same one from week to week.

Honestly I’d kick anyone that refused to adapt to the meta. Sounds harsh but it’s not fair to 9 people to be dragged down by 1 person.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Leezy.4567

Leezy.4567

. But our full guild group isn’t past Gorse.
slow process. A lot of people that refuse to adapt to what is needed.

I know it’s hard to be harsh to guild mates but seriously? If you got some people refusing to do what needs to be done to get the job done then why waste time? You should kindly say "hey.. you need to change some stuff up or we need to remove you from the raid group. end of story really. you shouldn’t punish yourself because they are guild mates.

Raids were made to be around the ‘elite’ mind set. not really the whole ‘PHIW’.

Marthkus.4615

Except those videos of people doing the VG and ignoring the green circle.

People clicking skills with their mouse and most people on only exotics.

Your metas are dumb.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Your metas are dumb.

Well, at first, no one said that asc stuff is a must. Secondly, I agree, to click skills with a mouse is a crime. They should all be arrested and burn in hell.

Seriously, wtf do we have to read here?

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

Your metas are dumb.

Well, at first, no one said that asc stuff is a must. Secondly, I agree, to click skills with a mouse is a crime. They should all be arrested and burn in hell.

I think he’s referring to a video where a group killed VG while ignoring the green circle mechanic because they have 3 healers on their comp (1 druid + 2 eles). On the video, the druid is shown clicking his skills with mouse instead of keyboard shortcut.

Basically, his argument is that “A group can kill VG even without ascended and without following the meta, so metas are dumb”.
(seriously, why am I the one who explains another people’s argument ~.~)

That said, he failed to notice that:
1. Other than the 2 ele healers, everyone else in that group is using the meta build.
2. Of course you don’t have to follow the meta if the group doesn’t require so. If you want to join a group that requires meta, you either NOT join that group or USE the meta build.

Seriously, a raid group can ask you to only wear pink dyes, and if you don’t want to use that dye, it’s their right to kick you from the group.

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Your metas are dumb.

I think he’s referring to a video where a group killed VG while ignoring the green circle mechanic because they have 3 healers on their comp (1 druid + 2 eles). On the video, the druid is shown clicking his skills with mouse instead of keyboard shortcut.

Basically, his argument is that “A group can kill VG even without ascended and without following the meta, so metas are dumb”.

1. Other than the 2 ele healers, everyone else in that group is using the meta build.
2. Of course you don’t have to follow the meta if the group doesn’t require so. If you want to join a group that requires meta, you either NOT join that group or USE the meta build.

Seriously, a raid group can ask you to only wear pink dyes, and if you don’t want to use that dye, it’s their right to kick you from the group.

I think we can pretty much assume that proper reasoning and even a well laid out arguement won’t work at this point.

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Your metas are dumb.

Also because the dps check on VG is like almost literally 60% of gor’s? That’s why you see a million silly VG shenanigan videos but no gorseval ones, and also why a lot of casual guild groups just get hard gated at gors.

Vinceman.4572

I got his so called arguments. I was just asking myself if he is serious with the “People clicking skills with their mouse…”
I don’t want a discussion about reaction time between clicking skills and using the keyboard or anything else. It is just sad that he mentioned that because there have been players around in every game being faster with their mouse than with using the other hand on the keyboard for all skills. To outline this, as he was doing, makes absolutely no sense and isn’t reasoning at all.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Yes!

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I got his so called arguments. I was just asking myself if he is serious with the “People clicking skills with their mouse…”
I don’t want a discussion about reaction time between clicking skills and using the keyboard or anything else. It is just sad that he mentioned that because there have been players around in every game being faster with their mouse than with using the other hand on the keyboard for all skills. To outline this, as he was doing, makes absolutely no sense and isn’t reasoning at all.

And these people are slower than those who use the keyboard (thats the point he was making). It doesn’t take long to learn, just a few weeks and it’ll be second nature.

If you’re having trouble with binding your keys I suggest moving your wasd -> tfgh and 12345 -> 45678, this opens up a lot of easily accessable buttons. Might take longer to adjust but I found it increased my ability to react and improved my gameplay overall (able to make split second decisions convert into actions).

Skill clicking with a mouse is inefficient, slower, draws your eye from the action and leads to sloppy play (thats before you even take into account ground targetting).

BloodyNine.7504

Skill clicking with a mouse is inefficient, slower, draws your eye from the action and leads to sloppy play (thats before you even take into account ground targetting).

The side buttons on my Scimitar stopped working a couple weeks ago. I feel lost.

Vinceman.4572

And these people are slower than those who use the keyboard (thats the point he was making). It doesn’t take long to learn, just a few weeks and it’ll be second nature.

If you’re having trouble with binding your keys I suggest moving your wasd -> tfgh and 12345 -> 45678, this opens up a lot of easily accessable buttons. Might take longer to adjust but I found it increased my ability to react and improved my gameplay overall (able to make split second decisions convert into actions).

Like I said, I won’t discuss it, the advantages are unambigous but it was clear somebody will come around to pick it up for no reason.
Let me make this clear: There is absolutely no need to focus on playing with keyboard that strong in GW2 compared to a game where you need a decent amount of apm like SC2 or anything else.
To use that as an argument like Marthkus was just bullkitten.

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

Your metas are dumb.

Also because the dps check on VG is like almost literally 60% of gor’s? That’s why you see a million silly VG shenanigan videos but no gorseval ones, and also why a lot of casual guild groups just get hard gated at gors.

These days I’m not so sure anymore. Have you seen that 7-man no updraft gorseval kill? That kill has 2 guardians too. If 7 people can DPS gorseval so hard they don’t need updraft, most 10-people group using updrafts should be able to do it just fine, right?

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I have to disagree about the “hard gated” thing. My casual guild only killed VG two weeks ago. We used two druids on every kills then as a safety pad. We always phased at 6:50 to 7:05 minutes on the timer. Since last week, we had to pug for Gors because we cannot get everyone during the week days. Nailed it. The catch? I keep doing gear check, skill check, role check, faq check every single member, every single time. It’s not about being hardcore or casual. My guild succeeded by bringing the right mindset.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Triggerbrand.8072

Triggerbrand.8072

Similar story on Gorseval. Had a tempest who has 30k AP and eternal. I was the other tempest and was urgently requesting help clearing orbs. When the ghosts spawned, my side was fully clear while the otherside was covered in blue goo. Happened about 4 times in a row so I looked at what else he’s doing and I saw him overload in weakness aura and getting killed by it. Got the kill as soon as he was replaced. This happened 1.5 weeks ago.

Hah I remembered a story like this, then I got pulled as a tempest and we did Gors in 1 go. Failed miserably in Sab though, got some first timers

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

These days I’m not so sure anymore. Have you seen that 7-man no updraft gorseval kill? That kill has 2 guardians too. If 7 people can DPS gorseval so hard they don’t need updraft, most 10-people group using updrafts should be able to do it just fine, right?

See, I used to think this too, but then I was in a squad trying to do VG and we went well into enrage meaning we had like ~40k DPS and I realized that there are people that exist that do literally 2~4k DPS masquerading amongst us and we’ll never be able to tell assuming they were halfway decent at the mechanics

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

This is the same toxic meta that got the dungeons nerfed. I remember dudes kicking players for joining 80 exp lfg with a lvl 79. Then we all wait for another player… wasted more time waiting for the perfect meta team when we would have finished sooner just letting the poor guy stay!

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

This is the same toxic meta that got the dungeons nerfed. I remember dudes kicking players for joining 80 exp lfg with a lvl 79. Then we all wait for another player… wasted more time waiting for the perfect meta team when we would have finished sooner just letting the poor guy stay!

It depends on the pug.
If the pug says it wants players that know the fights,then new
to raid players should never attempt to join them,even more
never join and stay silent without explaining to their team mates
that they don’t know the fight.
Not all players have the time,will or patience to teach others.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: Mechalibur.9618

Mechalibur.9618

I’ve actually never seen a single one. Then again, all we ask is that you’re experienced in the fight; not that you have a lot of insights or The Eternal title.

Requiring the Eternal title is kind of silly, in my opinion. It doesn’t show that you know how to do the fight, it just shows that you managed to beat it without any of the other 9 people in your group screwing up at the end. I have a friend that’s beaten Sabetha 5 times, 4 of which had someone die at the end, completely out of her control. The 5th time, it bugged out for some reason and she didn’t get the title. So no title even though she knows the fight well, and never screws up the bombs.

Posted by: DontPaniC.8740

DontPaniC.8740

All adding raiding to the gw2 did was divide the gaming community and bring out elitist players that are slaves to the meta.

Marthkus.4615

All adding raiding to the gw2 did was divide the gaming community and bring out elitist players that are slaves to the meta.

If people can beat VG and ignore the green circles, and people can 6 man Gor with no updrafts, I’m fairly certain 10 people could beat all the raids without a single zerker/viper/rampager/ect.

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

So this is a very interesting topic. Quite frankly for me its a mix of saying “well you kinda did this to yourself” even though the action itself is dishonest.

It’s easier to fake things when people are selling the eternal title for gold. It becomes even easier when you can ping things through chat codes. But we are also at a point where people feel like they have to fake in order to get into a raid because quite frankly, what you need to get into even a raid guild is quite absurd.

I’ve had people tell me:

“You are not good enough to raid”
“You don’t know enough about PvE”
“You will never be good enough to raid” (my personal favorite)

And many things like it. And when i applied i always said i had no experience raiding, and was honest on every question asked. I spent 3 weeks looking for a raiding guild and group, especially ones saying that they wanted to teach new raiders, and in the end I didn’t get into a single one because they just weren’t going to take the time to teach me how to raid.

People do not want to make time for new raiders. People do not want to teach new raiders. And quite frankly its at the point where people will fake it because of that. Some feel like they have no other option. You kinda did this to yourself, and while faking it is wrong, you are reaping what you sowed.

Nothing is gonna change, so if you carry on this mentality, you have little to complain about. It isn’t going to help the problem or make it go away. People acting that way has made the problem worse than it used to be if anything. I’m a person that could have been a dedicated raider, but if i don’t know how to raid, then how can i do that? People saying they are willing to teach, and actually aren’t.

For now I’ve given up on raids. I’m quite disgusting with how some people act regarding them. I’ll spend my time in fractals while its still good for me, because the raiding community is a toxic cesspool atm. And this is coming from someone that plays League of Legends, HoN, and DotA, so i know a thing or two about that.

(edited by FrostDraco.8306)

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

So this is a very interesting topic. Quite frankly for me its a mix of saying “well you kinda did this to yourself” even though the action itself is dishonest.

It’s easier to fake things when people are selling the eternal title for gold. It becomes even easier when you can ping things through chat codes. But we are also at a point where people feel like they have to fake in order to get into a raid because quite frankly, what you need to get into even a raid guild is quite absurd.

I’ve had people tell me:

And many things like it. And when i applied i always said i had no experience raiding, and was honest on every question asked. I spent 3 weeks looking for a raiding guild and group, especially ones saying that they wanted to teach new raiders, and in the end I didn’t get into a single one because they just weren’t going to take the time to teach me how to raid.

People do not want to make time for new raiders. People do not want to teach new raiders. And quite frankly its at the point where people will fake it because of that. Some feel like they have no other option. You kinda did this to yourself, and while faking it is wrong, you are reaping what you sowed.

Nothing is gonna change, so if you carry on this mentality, you have little to complain about. It isn’t going to help the problem or make it go away. People acting that way has made the problem worse than it used to be if anything. I’m a person that could have been a dedicated raider, but if i don’t know how to raid, then how can i do that? People saying they are willing to teach, and actually aren’t.

For now I’ve given up on raids. I’m quite disgusting with how some people act regarding them. I’ll spend my time in fractals while its still good for me, because the raiding community is a toxic cesspool atm. And this is coming from someone that plays League of Legends, HoN, and DotA, so i know a thing or two about that.

It’s the real world equivalent of an employer looking for a candidate with “x” years of experience, but very few companies are willing to take a risk/don’t care to train folks with no experience. Sure, if you have connections (guilds) or know the right people you will have a much easier time getting in the industry (raids). Though, if you don’t, you’re going to find it difficult and will have to work harder than others. I realize that there was effectively “career day” shortly after the launch of raids, and those that weren’t online at the time missed out on a lot of available positions.

So, what do you do now? Keep trying. At the very least do what you can to get your name out in the field. E.G. There are plenty of “teaching groups” that run on the weekends that literally take anyone whether they have 0 hours of experience or over 100 hours of experience. They may not get the kill, but at the very least you will have seen all aspects of the fight and will have been communicated what the typical strats are for that encounter.

Other than that? Keep joining groups and keep applying at guilds and eventually you will find that someone is willing to give you the big breakthrough that you’ve been looking for. After you have some experience on your resume you’ll find that it’s much much easier to find a group. It’s just that initial hurdle that’s the most difficult.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I’ve had people tell me:

Pugging sucks. That is why I don’t do it. I did it for a while only to learn class builds and rotations that was not experienced with in Raids so that I wouldn’t pull down my guild teams. Cleared all three bosses that way, so it can happen.

Don’t listen to the negative people. Focus on improving and keep looking for the right guild. It’s out there.

There are people and guilds that are taking the time to teach people how to raid. But at the same time those people only have so much time during the week. I know I don’t have much time to play anymore, so I had to leave one of the raid teams I was on, because of RL.

The people that are selling slots for eternal and such are not the same people who are puggin. Not by a long shot. I don’t agree with people selling content anymore then I do with people lying. I can’t stop the former group, but I can with the later.

The request to lean need to be met with with the willingness to learn and adapt. We have had people apply to us who just want to run one build or one toon. Even if that build or toon isn’t needed but any of our current four raid groups.

There is only room for so many PS warriors or Heralds or DH if you want to have a really smooth run.

I myself have outfitted every toon but an Engi, and some of those with two sets or more of armor so I can adapt to the needs of my group at any time.

I will go out of my way to be nice and help. But if I ever catch anyone being dishonest, that’s it, block list, not looking back.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

BloodyNine.7504

I’ve had people tell me:

It sucks that you had that experience. There are people out there that will take the time. Our guild runs “Open” raids twice a week. Where anyone is welcome to come and learn. There are no gear requirements or class requirements aside from what we absolutely need to run the encounters(not everyone can have 2k toughness) We have a good mix of veteran and new players. Last week we were able to get 4 people their first VG kill. These are people who legit thought that they would never see the inside of the raid. Never mind actually downing a boss.

To be honest, I don’t see this group ever getting past Gorseval in its current state. But one thing everyone expressed was how much fun it was afterwards. Even a 30+ insight eternal PS war PuG that joined us just for shards said it was a blast.

The key is having people willing to take the time. Those of us that clear weekly in our guild have decided that building our guild community is important to us. So as Raid officers in our guild, we have taken it upon ourselves to try and make sure as many people that want to, can experience this stuff.

That being said I know multiple other guilds that do the same exact thing. So, they are out there. It sounds like they might be the minority, but they are there.