How much DPS lost from torch to shield?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Its about condi PS. Specifically how much it would cost you to spec for some more cc during 100 cm.

Just wondering if anyone has done the numbers on this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

(edited by Pride.1734)

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Not sure about the numbers, but if CC is an issue you should first try substituting wild blow for shattering blow.

Anet make Rev great again.

Pride.1734

Maybe i am doing something wrong here. I use the two banners and “For Great Justice”.

If i wanted to take either of the blows and still do good might i would have to redo the build with smoldering sigils and golden dumplings right?

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

For 100cm, iirc, you are running the correct build for condi PS. The extra CC should be coming from the rest of your teammates, not you. If you are in a pug environment, you won’t have as much control over your teammates, so if something needs to be covered, you may have to do it at a loss to personal DPS.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Maybe i am doing something wrong here. I use the two banners and “For Great Justice”.

If i wanted to take either of the blows and still do good might i would have to redo the build with smoldering sigils and golden dumplings right?

I was thinking of a raid scenario where you would have 2 warriors. If you’re the only warrior then yea you would take both banners and for great justice.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: ADTempys.6382

ADTempys.6382

DPS loss would be TERRIBLE, literally horrible.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

why is there no flesh golem in your pug what is going on your 4 necros must be kitten

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Pride.1734

Thank you everyone for your replies kinda sad that there hasn’t been an actual answer to my question yet.^^

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Thank you everyone for your replies kinda sad that there hasn’t been an actual answer to my question yet.^^

There is a damage golem in the raid training area.

Go there, do your normal rotation with a torch and note results. If you have no damage meter, pick the smalles golem and note your time to kill.

Then redo your rotation with a shield instead of the torch, note the results.

Then check how those 2 relate to each other and note the % of less damage you had with a shield (or % of time if took you longer with a shield). It can be assumed that this will hold true for fractals where your damage will be naturaly lower to begin with.

The reason no one can answer in exact numbers is because no one knows your exact ability to run the rotation. As others have mentioned, it will be quite a bit.

Pride.1734

I dont want to help you. How dare you come to a forum to ask questions?!

Might as well not post at all if thats all you are gonna say.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Just wow! He is offering advices so you can examine it very easily by yourself but instead you refuse to benefit from it and answer him unpolitely.
Seriously, don’t expect any further help.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

The scenario you presented is one that is so full of variables that the question is impossible to answer.

If you had a perfect group it’d be easy to answer, just test the 2 builds and compare. But, if your group is having CC problems to the point that you have to put on your shield means that’s very unlikely. What levels of Alacrity, quickness and GoTL are you getting? Or, are you even getting them? Well those really matter, especially alacrity and quickness as those will change the timings and therefor the rotation.

You’re asking an impossible question. So, instead the spirit of the question was answered, “If you don’t have to use shield, don’t, it’s a very drastic damage loss” If you for some reason have to use shield, then use it and the damage shouldn’t matter.

People are generally happy to answer questions if they can, it’s just in this scenario it just seems pretty pointless and “it’s a drastic loss” seems enough.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Okay….

Someone got up with the wrong foot this morning. Fine, keep blaming others for not helping you.

Also when you quote someone, quote what they said or make it visible that you changed the quote. Everything else is dishonest and quite frankly beyond rude.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

theres prolly 1-5 people in the game who care enough to do the math rigorously enough for your requirements, op, and i doubt any of them will see this post. dont be coy or the responses you get will run you off.

do what you have to do to break bars if you cant complete 100 cm without doing so. repeatedly wiping takes more time than losing any amount of dps. i do know that in such pugs, you need to do everything you can to carry their sorry kitten. but there is another thing you can do: kitten at the necros to use flesh golem, kitten at the rangers to bring electric wyvern, kitten at the thieves to use basi venom, kitten at the dagger eles to use static shield (lightning 3), kitten at the warriors to save headbutt, kitten at the guardians to use the elite trap, kitten at the mesmers to use f2 or f3 or whichever one is a daze, kitten at the revs to use staff 5, and kitten at the engis to use their 5 ccs. cuz in approximately descending order there, there is no class that cant bring 1-2 ccs strong enough to break half the bar on their own while affecting their own dps minimally. but you know, be nice about it. and if the group you are in doesnt feel like responding to your kind pushiness intended to improve their gameplay, leave, cuz they dont deserve to be carried. and there are other people out there who do and maybe your next group will be that instead.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

If anyone had that, I’m sure that they would have given it to you. However, they didn’t have it, so what information was had, was given to you. You could have had a post that went unanswered, instead you’d rather be kittening because the information that was given to you wasn’t what you wanted it to be.

But you know, attacking people always a good way to go about getting what you want. BTW, how’s that working out for you?