How much precision needed for 90~100% crit?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

I heard that getting high precision stats (i.e. Rampager) is not efficient in dungeons because it’s fairly easy to maintain 100% crit with fury and some other buffs in PvE.

What’s the ideal precision for dps?

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

you can get an extra 320 precision from ranger + warrior party buffs, and you can get an extra 20 crit chance from fury, so 2270? solo precision for 100% crit in a party.

at 80, precision is 21 points per 1% crit chance

(edited by reikken.4961)

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Ideal crit varies per profession, and party composition.

You optimally want 100%, but then if you are planning your build for a particular game mode, you have to deduct from that possible buffs you’ll recieve if you raid/fractal or WvW. Since overcapping is a waste.

For example, my reaper is solo roam PvE/WvW, she’s built to gain life force and stay in it as long as possible, with the 50%crit with trait, I use 50% on my gear, the trait makes up for it.

There’s probably someone who can explain it a bit better, but you basically (if you want optimal) count back from 100% to what you’ll need from your gear.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

To reach exactly 100% Crit with Banners and Spotter you will need 2255 base Precision.
If you are also using Sigil of Accuracy you will need 2108 Precision.
Keep in mind that some classes have Crit Chance traits, and you should account for those.
What class are we talking about?

BTW, Condi classes usually don’t need to reach 100% crit chance.

(edited by Coconut.7082)