How to annoy PUGs

How to annoy PUGs

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

Refusing to use battle standard at GL. My reason is simple, i wouldnt get the boons from it. Had pug that just leave even before the fight started because of this

Just another Arah veteran

(edited by Raven.3248)

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I’m confused. So you refuse to use it because you wouldn’t get boons. And you wished the pug left before the fight started, rather than during?

If that’s not what your post means, then I can’t understand your writing.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

How to annoy PUGs

Raven.3248

Think you missed the topic. Not using BS was it the rest was just a back story

How to annoy PUGs

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Oh now I see it. A pug left before the fight since you refused to use it. Got ya. Honestly I don’t care, since I don’t die in there.(well sometimes a bubble catches me when my teammates don’t know the mechanic)

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Allow me to attempt a translation:

I refused to use battle standard at Giganticus Lupicus. My reason is simple, I wouldn’t get the boons from it because I’d be waiting to use it on a pug that got downed. Plus, there’s the danger of someone kiting Lupicus away from my banner and thusly losing the benefits of having the banner down. Instead, I’d rather use my Signet or Rage and have the boons on me right away. I even had a pug just leave before the fight because of my refusal to switch SoR to BS.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

How to annoy PUGs

Raven.3248

Allow me to attempt a translation:

I refused to use battle standard at Giganticus Lupicus. My reason is simple, I wouldn’t get the boons from it because I’d be waiting to use it on a pug that got downed. Plus, there’s the danger of someone kiting Lupicus away from my banner and thusly losing the benefits of having the banner down. Instead, I’d rather use my Signet or Rage and have the boons on me right away. I even had a pug just leave before the fight because of my refusal to switch SoR to BS.

lol

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Meh, with some people you really do need a translator.

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

There is always the good old watch every cut scene. To top it off as soon as the scene is over say something like “bio brb”.

How to annoy PUGs

Slither Shade.4782

Or my personal favorite stand right beside them and watch them slowly die without even trying to revive.

How to annoy PUGs

Raven.3248

I had this PUG once that came and sat on my dead body

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

I don’t rez anyone. Use the WP and learn to dodge.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

How to annoy PUGs

Cat Has Ducks.1982

My policy on this one is:
if(person has been useless thus far in run)
leave dead
else
rez

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: durend.6237

durend.6237

leave dead
else
rez

During a fight, sure. Afterwards I’ll balance those with the proximity of a waypoint.

How to annoy PUGs

Cat Has Ducks.1982

leave dead
else
rez

During a fight, sure. Afterwards I’ll balance those with the proximity of a waypoint.

Oh, yeah I should have been specific. If there is a waypoint like after lupi for example. They aren’t getting help lol.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

And you wonder why PuGs hate ‘scumbag elitists’.
Just solo the kitten path if you’re so against playing with others.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

couldn’t agree more.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

How to annoy PUGs

Tree.3916

I’d rather just play with 4 other good players. I hold myself and others to a high standard. If those standards aren’t met then, the consequences must be suffered otherwise no lesson is learned.

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

What’s wrong with being friendly? People goof all the time, lag spikes, IRL distractions, doesn’t mean you can bring down your almighty hammer of judgement and deem them not worthy as they die at your feet. If it doesn’t put you in any extreme risk (e.g rezzing someone right after a swipe) then why not? Granted this is very hypocritical of me because I let pugs die all the time, though only if their presence is detrimental to the success of the run… So most of the time…

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

How to annoy PUGs

deSade.9437

Meh, what a attitude. If you’re that pro and you’re too good to die, Dolan is right then: solo the freaking path and don’t force yourself onto other people. If you don’t like the pugs you’re playing with at least have the decency to kick them at the beginning of the run or when they do a colossal mistake, because it must be a pain to play like that.

How to annoy PUGs

Tree.3916

I play how I want which means I don’t have to rez if I don’t want.

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I can understand not reviving defeated players. Dead is dead and it can be a waste to res them. But that said, if a pro player makes a slight error in judgment and gets merely downed mid-fight and you cannot rally them due to the nature of the boss, not ressing them is only hurting your run’s time further.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

There are a lot of a** h*** among us. You’ll be amazed once you finish reading this book
Birds of a feather flock together.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

There are a lot of a** h*** among us. You’ll be amazed once you finish reading this book

Haters gonna hate

Why should I hate those people? They’re just sick.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: durend.6237

durend.6237

I can understand not reviving defeated players. Dead is dead and it can be a waste to res them. But that said, if a pro player makes a slight error in judgment and gets merely downed mid-fight and you cannot rally them due to the nature of the boss, not ressing them is only hurting your run’s time further.

Isn’t that what we were talking about? Any time you go to res your rooted and there is a risk involved, that is very manageable when it is only 2-3 seconds to pick someone up from downed but is much larger against a fully dead person.

That risk I’m only going to take if I think that player will absolutely make an impact and not go right back down and even then only if I think doing so will not be quicker then finishing with a 4 or 3 man group.

How to annoy PUGs

Slither Shade.4782

Another classic…..make an lfg for a SPEED run then the poster stands in LA for ten minutes.

How to annoy PUGs

Mesket.5728

Haters gonna hate

You understand that it is you the hater, hating players that plays how they want to. Not the other way around.

How to annoy PUGs

Mesket.5728

Haters gonna hate

You understand that it is you the hater, hating players that plays how they want to. Not the other way around.

You understand that it is you the hater, hating on players that are hating on players that play how they want. I can point fingers too you know.

Thank you for the sixth year old “No you!” reply. It adds to the level of amusement reached by this thread.

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

No you don’t.

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Oh now I see it. A pug left before the fight since you refused to use it. Got ya. Honestly I don’t care, since I don’t die in there.(well sometimes a bubble catches me when my teammates don’t know the mechanic)

That’s a bold kittening claim guy.

[DnT]

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

There should really be a list for this.. I’ll start it off.

1. Refuse to stack in cases where stacking is best, or unstack mid-fight resulting in a group wipe (AC)
2. Refuse to rez people for any reason, period. Especially when they ask for help.
3. Go AFK for excessive periods of time, especially when your group needs you. Also make sure to start the dungeon and announce it in chat.
4. Link the nearest WP when someone dies, and proceed to get yourself stuck in combat for a few min. at least, so as to prevent them from doing so (TA)
5. While running through the room with the spiders eggs, break as many as you can (TA Up)
6. When the majority of your group wipes near the start of a boss fight, proceed to solo/duo the boss, just to show you can. Doesn’t matter if it takes ten times longer, they’ll thank you in the end.
7. Die on every single Alpha encounter possible. Continue to insist that you’re pro, but your group is lacking a dedicated healer. (CoE)
8. Fail to activate the console when your group is on the last part of 1-4 (CoE P1)
9. Melee Lupicus, but always fail to dodge his attack that spawns grubs. (Arah)
10. Constantly run in and out of your bubble at the gate controller part because you’re scared for your life, resulting in a group wipe and several scathing remarks from group members (CoF P1)
11. Or if you plan to gate, do it in style: http://youtu.be/P6Q6tS2kxSA

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

How to annoy PUGs

Raven.3248

There is always the good old watch every cut scene. To top it off as soon as the scene is over say something like “bio brb”.

Thought you were trolling but saw a thief do this in coe the other day. i was like wtf.

How to annoy PUGs

Raven.3248

Meleeing GL, not helping with grubs, not ressing, ofc using signet of rage, soloing him to death…. oh no wait Miss Legendary rage quit before i could finish. She opened but at least she has a special place in my block list. Am i a troll?

(edited by Raven.3248)

How to annoy PUGs

deSade.9437

Meleeing GL, not helping with grubs, not ressing, ofc using signet of rage, soloing him to death…. oh no wait Miss Legendary rage quit before i could finish. She opened but at least she has a special place in my block list. Am i a troll?

Yeah.

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Whats wrong with Signet of Rage?

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

How to annoy PUGs

deSade.9437

It’s, uh… unethical. I read that word somewhere in the arah selling thread and I wanted to use it.

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Whats wrong with Signet of Rage?

Can’t rez play-how-you-want.

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

This game shouldn’t have trinity, so I refuse to asume the role of team healer by getting warbanner. I play how I want, I take SoR.

I could think about taking it with organized party, but never ever with pugs.

EU Aurora Glade

(edited by Isslair.4908)

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Annoy pugs?
Easy,
just ping zerker stat gear with scholar runes on. Most of them hate it.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

Annoy pugs?
Easy,

In which case I will kick them because the description was for “Zerkers ONLY be experienced! ping on join Arah p2”

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I could care less what the other plays do, so long as it doesn’t steal my mega awesome thunder at GL

I have no problem with players going AFK for 5-10 minutes bc it gives me time to goof around; everyone has gone AFK atleast 5+ times ever on gw2 whilst in a dungeon.

I’d say the only thing that annoys me is when halfway through a dungeon, if at all we wipe or whatnot the one person goes ‘Yeah, I’m new to this’ I usually want to scream like mad at that player for not saying so in the 1st place but I haven’t yet. I have no problems with dungeon noobs; but when they don’t say anything until there is no obvious progression when we could have taken the time to explain what to do, but instead they aren’t smart enough to say anything until half an hour or so later- I’ve now come to realize that’s how fast it takes their brain to process that they are doing a dungeon.
When that happens now, I don’t ever say anything – my group just goes as if we were 4-manning everything & if that one person gets behind, then that’s their fault. I feel they deserve it for not speaking up in the 1st place.

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

Annoy pugs?
Easy,

I always have a good laugh when my buddies and I need to fill a spot or two in our group; we’ll explicitly write “Berserker only – ### paths” and will get people who either 1) refuse to ping gear and call us mean words or 2) ping gear that is clearly not berserker and get mad because they think berserker is too squishy.

Please read, fellow GW2 dungeon runners!

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Annoy pugs?
Easy,

I always have a good laugh when my buddies and I need to fill a spot or two in our group; we’ll explicitly write “Berserker only – ### paths” and will get people who either 1) refuse to ping gear and call us mean words or 2) ping gear that is clearly not berserker and get mad because they think berserker is too squishy.

Yep. Same here. Although for number 2.) They react surprised and angry ‘What do you mean you want me to ping me gear? I didn’t join for this elitist kitten! How dare you!’ and then they leave.

Way to read description XD

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

As schoolteachers like to say: “It’s your own time you’re wasting.”

P.S. – Always funny when I see someone post something so douchy in a forum that I decide to add them to my block list in-game, only to find they’re already there.

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

Annoy pugs?
Easy,

Yep. Same here. Although for number 2.) They react surprised and angry ‘What do you mean you want me to ping me gear? I didn’t join for this elitist kitten! How dare you!’ and then they leave.

Way to read description XD

another popular one: “It’s just (dungeon name), it’s easy and you don’t need berserker gear”

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

I used to run stuff in my newbie carrion gear on warrior with double swords to annoy people, but people either didn’t notice or thought it was cool :’(

Defeated by packet loss.

How to annoy PUGs

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Not ressing when it’s safe to do so sounds like an ego trip to me. If they are slowing down the group that bad, just kick them. You don’t need to teach them a lesson and make them watch how great you are at soloing.

Good players die too, to lag spikes, fumble dodges, or even the occasional misclick. If it makes you feel so superior to be standing over their dead body, i doubt you are as confident in your abilities as you think you are.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

How to annoy PUGs

Raven.3248

Not ressing when it’s safe to do so sounds like an ego trip to me. If they are slowing down the group that bad, just kick them. You don’t need to teach them a lesson and make them watch how great you are at soloing.

Good players die too, to lag spikes, fumble dodges, or even the occasional misclick. If it makes you feel so superior to be standing over their dead body, i doubt you are as confident in your abilities as you think you are.

So i take it this is at me.
ressing = risk
risk should have reward
lol
GOD dont be so serious in my thread