How to get rid of Scholar Yissa?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zhaitan.2578

Zhaitan.2578

So I’ve been soloing lupicus lately, but one problem I always come across is Scholar Yissa. Once Lupi enters phase 2, I use my ember to take the grub, but then lupi always attacks Yissa. Since Yissa is ranged, this means Lupi shadow steps to her, knocking me down on the way. This results in the solo being more difficult than it needs to be. Whenever I die, Yissa is always gone, so subsequent attempts at Lupi are much easier.

So my question is – how do I get rid of Yissa when approaching Lupicus for the first time?

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

trigger cutscene, run out and get her aggroed on room mobs and get her killed. NPCs only revive if a cutscene pops, and I think they res if you wipe and WP but don’t follow you unless you talk to them I think.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Cool kids used to use Yissa to take the grub, instead of an ember :>

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

trigger cutscene, run out and get her aggroed on room mobs and get her killed. NPCs only revive if a cutscene pops, and I think they res if you wipe and WP but don’t follow you unless you talk to them I think.

or simply run around lupi until the NPC starts to attack him. then run out of range and wait until the NPC dies.

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

How much is Lupi buffed by the grub anway?

guanlongwucaii.3162

from what I heard it’s quite inconsequential, maybe about 2%? if you look at the solo records most of them let that transition grub go anyway. main thing about having an npc take it is that you can freely drop a stunbreak on a class where having one is a dps loss (warrior)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

from what I heard it’s quite inconsequential, maybe about 2%? if you look at the solo records most of them let that transition grub go anyway. main thing about having an npc take it is that you can freely drop a stunbreak on a class where having one is a dps loss (warrior)

So that’s why… Thanks!

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Except for Randall, he just wont stay dead -.-

(actually there are just a lot of scripted areas for randall that will revive him once a player enters …. for whatever reason)

RIP game 2012-2014

guanlongwucaii.3162

the best thing is to see randall’s kittened AI in phase 3 and how he sometimes takes damage from attacks like the frenzied blast but seems to tank the lifesteals.

then when lupi is casting aoe lifedrink he runs all the way in, tanking the damage, to hit lupicus with some half-hearted and worthless sword attacks… then gets knocked back when lupicus comes down (wonder if he’s ever caused domes before?)

all I can think of when I see this kitten is “anet plz”

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Hes designed perfectly for who he looks like.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Now that harpy feathers are nerfed, I can’t use my original tactic for getting Varra Skylark killed by the elite gorillas when I’m soloing Korga anymore. Used to just spam those beautiful things and watch her get demolished. So satisfying.

As for Scholar Yissa, if you wipe on your first Lupi solo attempt then when you return she won’t be there to bother you anymore until the next cutscene. Same thing applies with the rest of the bosses :P

I feel your pain. It’s sometimes pretty annoying to get Lupi back on the wall after the NPC makes him shadowstep off. ESPECIALLY annoying when he does his AoE immediately after because I like to whirlwind/dodge to evade in place for it and sometimes you can still get screwed depending on where you end up after an evasion if you’re not on the wall.